• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Dedu

Smash Lord
No can come. Already got plans that day.

After the exams would be better IMO.

Sirias

Smash Champion
That game looks sweet.
It would be even more broken if Sheik was in it.

Everyone's having exams soon, or this week, and/or next.
When's everyone finished?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Wow, it's just about to reach a month for Comrades of the Kaydash.

How time flies, almost 2008!

Dedu

Smash Lord
My last exam is next thursday. Not tomorrow but next week. Then I just found out I have to go back to work between the exams and till I leave for England.
Even while I'm on the other side of the Earth, I probably won't be able to see any of the smash scene in Europe thanks to my parents and my sister trying to make the holidays as hectic as possible.

That makes me possibly coming to CoK move the bar closer to improbable due to time constraints.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
:( Dedu especially the inability to play with european smashers, you coulda come back with hell good skillz. Its what I intend to do when im over there next year...but then...I'm going to be over there by myself and for a much longer period of time so I suppose its a different situation.

On a side note, its lame how Grey Fox is only an assist trophy, he woulda made an awesome character...

Also Guitar Hero 3 rocks and Dragonforce makes my hands hurt.

Jaz

Smash Ace
i got GH3 brotha!
still playing it gone through hard and 5stared very song so far
where the fark is clive winston T-T

sun-day i may be workin/be busy kulla, still up for sunday night though ^_^

i finish up last day of nov T-T

Sirias

Smash Champion
Sif play Hard, that's too easy. Do Expert you n00b. D:

How gayzor, everyone finishes around the time that I do.
Yet I know people that've already finished.
... I must get my revenge and kill them.

How often 'do' you guys play Smash?
I've played it a lot recently, dunno why. Not really real matches or anything, just fun fun matches.
Although that's really only like 2 meets in the past... 2 weeks. <.<;; Mmm, so not that much.
Would like to play it more, though, it's pretty fun.
And DDR.
Should go play that some more.

Who of you play DDR? I keep on forgetting. That is if any of you play.
Zomg I can do Max 300 on Heavy now.
I have no life.

I wanna set up my old Playstation and play FFT and other old NTSC games.
Fwuark.
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Still my favourite RPG for sure.
Alucard is sexy.

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Final Fantasy Tactics has been released on the PSP, I got it, tis fun. Though it is pretty much just a remake of the old Playstation version. I never really got into the whole Castlevania thing, I played a few...but never really finished any...

As for DDR i dont think anyone plays it round here...

Oh and I play smash atleast twice to three times a week. Dunno about other people though...

freddo

Smash Journeyman
Sup Sydney People? You may or may not know that Bjay generously and graciously gave me two tickets to see an advanced screening of what was a great movie called '30 Days of Night'. Here are some pics from the event.

The line! Winners of the tickets came from all sorts of places, Xbox forums, Aussie-Nintendo.com etc..

Getting closer to the registration table! Exciting!

Two tickets were registered under my name, had to bring someone else. Lucky Mark.

Little did we know that we would also receive VIP entry passes to the eGames expo next weekend. How awesome.

People getting ready for the sticker search. Under 3 seats of the cinema were three door prizes. One guy at the back won a PS3!

Thanks again Bjay, had a great time.

xeno

Smash Ace
Bc. Gray Fox would be "Above Tier" everyone else. He'd be like Fox (speed, instant kills), Marth (sword), Sheik (bounce off walls, invisibility), with armor.. I'D TOTALLY MAIN HIM IF HE WAS IN THE GAME

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the ticket Bjay.

I'm still amazed that there wasn't more chaos when they announced the ps3 tickets to be somewhere under the seat's. Prob to many nintendo fans, to care.

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Still my favourite RPG for sure.
Alucard is sexy.
Sirias stop liking all the games I like.
One of my favourite games too! Maybe I should pull it out and try and get full completion this time. Maybe some online mmorpg will come out one day in the same style, but never ending.

Sorry about the double post was distracted by Castlevania!

Bjay

Smash Lord
lol no worries Mark! You should thank Freddo for choosing to take you though :p

But yeah again no worries!

Glad you had a great time Freddo :D No regrets giving the tickets to you ^_^

Heyy hey! VIP passes! Nice! I didn't see that one coming.

lol, what a way to find the ps3 tickets! I wonder who was the lucky one.

Good news to hear guys ^_^

Sirias, if I go to QLD, if there's spare time, you can teach me DDR k? :p I'm like a full on noob ^_^

Final Fantasy III, on DS. That's what I've been playing every now and then, haven't been playing it much though. Been getting into Jump Ultimate Stars, grr it sucks when you can't read Japanese.

xeno

Smash Ace
Hey, great to hear all you guys have almost finished your exams. The Smash scene is about to rumble!
I'd like to make a few offers: Weekdays/nights = smash meets? Yes.
Jaz & Bjay: Let's play Guilty Gear some time. Jaz, you did pretty well for your first time, you learned stuff quick. Bjay is apparently a skilled fighting game player, so I'm sure both of you will be good competition once you play a bit ^_'. I might get a DS next year, then we can play some BOF or w/e the best fighting game out then is.
Everyone: Xeno offers training in Tremulous!
Well there's my announcements done.
Smash meets with ppl available = Sydney gets better. Cheers.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
smash meets with caotique = sydney gets better cheaper. :) dont worry imma coming!

new years, lets gophers

Sirias

Smash Champion
BJay, it's on. :D
There's not really 'much' to teach you... you just need to learn to get faster reflexes, and that's through practice. =]
Don't worry, though. Cost is $1 for 4 games. So it's good, fun, and cheap. Not AS cheap as Smash, but almost.
At least you get a work-out.
You should all have at least one game of it. You're not supposed to play it to look kool, you're supposed to play it to not care about looking like a ****. That's why I play it. 'Cause I don't care that I look like the biggest ****** on the block. :D Although, not to boast, I look kool when I play it. Everyone else looks too white. I look asian. Therefore hardcore. Therefore good. Therefore it's ok that I play it 'cuz I'm awesome.

Gomg endless Castlevania: SotN = Orgasmifying.
Mark, call me Kas, please. You've met me before. There's no reason to call me Sirias. =] Okthx.

Ultimate Stars is lame.
It's nothing compared to Smash.
However, since my brother knows Japanese... he enjoys it.
And he bought it. For himself. ... So I don't know what I'm getting at.
I think Elite Beat Agents is better.

FFT is great.
Vandal Hearts is better, though, I think.
And Disgaea is better than that as well.

You're all lame.
Me and Zac should play some matches and record them and upload them and you should watch our godliness.
... Which reminds me, look at his profile, he does have some of me and him, although they're stupid matches, but matches nonetheless.

http://youtube.com/user/Sykewanwan

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yeah DDR looks fun Kas. :D

Oh dw I wouldn't care lol.

I suppose it kind of sucks if you can't read Japanese for JUS. Nonetheless I still like it though.

Kulla I won't be able to make it sorry, I'll be busy.

However if anyone is interested, I'll be smashing at UTS today.

xeno

Smash Ace
Elite Beat Agents = best game ever.
Yes.
Get off work at 6.. is anyone smashing tonight?
Guess not :p

unreon

Smash Ace
Metroidvania aren't RPGs!! Don't you dare classify them under the worst gaming genre out there!! *sobsob*

So stop playing them and play Metroid Prime :D

BTW I finish on the 23rd so lets have a meet soon after that :) Xeno I would also like to learn Guilty Gear, BJay I would like to learn MvC2 as well! I guess I could teach you guys Street Fighter III: Third Strike in return :p

deal, yay or nay?

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
RPG's are the worst genre? Only if you dislike deep meaningful storylines (the majority anyway), and stragetic gameplay, there are much worse genres out there...Wrestling games? Racing games?

xeno

Smash Ace
Wrestling games lol! I remembered how fail those were on the N64.
How's Blast Corps for a genre ^_^
Anyone want to Smash tonight? I'll probably train to your place if I can crash there. Unless I decide to play Tremulous all night :D

xeno

Smash Ace
Rhythm.
I am near Central and have a GC Controller, GG, Xbox controller. Anyone want to meet for smash?

Bjay

Smash Lord
Metroidvania aren't RPGs!! Don't you dare classify them under the worst gaming genre out there!! *sobsob*

So stop playing them and play Metroid Prime :D

BTW I finish on the 23rd so lets have a meet soon after that :) Xeno I would also like to learn Guilty Gear, BJay I would like to learn MvC2 as well! I guess I could teach you guys Street Fighter III: Third Strike in return :p

deal, yay or nay?
sounds like a plan ;)

(means yes :p)

is Oro good in Third Strike btw? I remember Oro was my main in 2nd Impact and he was such a weird as character, but I rocked with him. :)

Top Bottom