• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

King Kong

Smash Lord
Hey guys, unfortunatly I wont be making this one, i need to work all the holidays. All the best anyways, and i'll make it next time i promise.

peace out

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Confirmed for Sydney!

Get That Rat
Scrubs
Kas
Syke
Josh - Not anymore, I guess taking a week off is a bit too much :S
Toai - Pending
Tristan - Pending

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
OK, so the QLD's are n00bs who don't know when they're coming :p

Nah, that's fine - I can move the date no problems (it actually makes it easier for me). Can someone check with MLB and make sure they're still on par with new plans, or whether this is going to be on big fat mess?

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
ZZZzzz... i need a PARTNER... zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...:jigglypuf

No not a life partner... or a sex partner... hmm... interesting... but i might need a partner for the tournament... might... zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...:tired::jigglypuf

Jaz

Smash Ace
Jesus guys!
you tell me the 7th/8th a weekend so we set the tourny up
its very lucky brint can change the date
but what about people that work? getting 2 days off won't be easy for them
so we'll hav a tournys that qld and vic can attend
but i don't know about pat, kulla, stu, mic, xen
luckily I'm a bum, and i have holidays
I'll have to call around, the 10,11 will be the final date
KK i will mourn your absence

Scrubs

Smash Lord
It takes 10 hours minimum to drive from Sydney to Brisbane. Its about 980 kms. Unless we go at 150 all the way it will take at least 10 + stops.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Its through the weekend Shava.

What ever happened to stop revive survive at the recommended 2hr breaks not 1hr breaks Scrubs?

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Drive revive survive + Bushel's driver reviver + Micro-sleeps + Deep vein thrombosis = Nothing to Ben! Being Emo, he hurts himself more than anyone/thing hurts him!

OH ZING! Hahaha jk.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Jaz's typo made me T__________________T

next time I ask Jaz for anything I"ll double check :p

jk Jaz <3

so, if we have a weekday tourney -.-'

Who from Sydney ain't able to make it?

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
So when exactly is the tourney cause im getting very confused...
dates are nice of both kinds the one you eat and the one you eat later....
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Dedu

Smash Lord
I won't be able to make a weekday tourney.

Work gets in the way and I've probably had too many sick days.
Hope yesterday was good guys!

Bjay

Smash Lord
Yeah yesterday was great. :D

Gah you won't be able to make a weekday tourney? NOOOOOOOOOOO. T_T

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! **** them **** them all to hell...
That sucks dude... all of this blows...
Awesome meet at fri next time try to shake the genitals you might get further this time...
wiggles are not human anything that can smile for 72 hours cannot feel pain (quote of the day ...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...)

i want to create a ship big enough to hold all of human race and more, fly away from Earth make them look back at Earth, and watch me destroy it...

...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Jaz

Smash Ace
ok here's my master plan
we were going to have a 2 day tourny and have a full Swiss thing. But this is the new agenda

we're going to have 2 separate 1 day tournies.

8th of july a tourny for all the Sydney people that can make it and work during the week

then tourny for the 11th qld vic and some sydney people

S3 DUO!

edit: chickensalad, start a religion

Bjay

Smash Lord
8th of July? Rockin'.

I reckon we should all do something on the 7th though (Not tourney related). ^_^

Dedu

Smash Lord
Har har day out to get to know our friends? Smash related or not - I don't mind.

I guess I can pull *sic* @ at work for mon, tues and wed. Or just for wednesday.
Now I got a sorethroat T_T - should get better soon or else!

Sanc

Smash Cadet
I am 100% with that idea Jaz, I'd prefer it waaaay over the two consecutive day tournament :D

Though one problem I'm thinking of is that there will still be too many people for the massive swiss tourney if there is one held on each day... Unless we remove the doubles tourney from the second day in favour of crew battles?

...and even then it'll be a tight fit... D:

.....lawlz! 4 day tourney?!?! XD

EDIT: Unless, Jaz, by "some sydney people" you mean like only the top ranked 10 or so from the 8th of July tourney participates on the 2nd day tourney....? That would ease up on the time but..... D:

Jaz

Smash Ace
mic xeno and stu so far

and most of our usual crowds come in for the weekend
when i say two tournies

i mean 2 separate tournaments

because of alterations to the schedule, we don't have the luxury to have an all day swiss now

so for the 8th (Sunday) the usual set-up, doubles and singles with Sydney vs vic at the end

then on the 11th (Wednesday) we'll have it all again with crews at the end, vic vs qld and syd vs qld

although Sydney's crew won't be at full strength, maybe we'll do qld vs Sydney at my place when we can get out crew there.

hopefully we'll do better in crews after last times flogging

this is the only way that whole of the sydney scene can enjoy a out of state experience, by having it on a weekend

the other tourny is for those who are lucky enough to not work, qld and vic again.

the people that can't make it for the proper tournie is qld andy T-T

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Well since Victoria is leaving on the 11th, I'd prefer if we have the weekday tournament on the 10th. There's nothing worse than the drive back for the guys right after tournament's done. Sam and I are also likely to fly out from Sydney to Cairns on the 11th as well.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
What happened to the 7th? I don't mind 8th though. Some people aren't sure if they'll be there until the 10th or 11th.

EDIT: Screw it. What ever happens, happens. I'm just going up to play you guys and hang out. Tourney or no tourney. Or tourney divided into three days with three separate states and stuff lol. It'll be fun. Hope you Sydney guys get your game on - Melbourne's coming!

Dedu

Smash Lord
I haven't even got my game on, but my sore throat just got better - I should be able to come to Kulla's this friday to catch up with you guys.

Been watching too many charmed DVD episodes he he.

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
AAAAA night scares....

Too many nightmares need clarification on what the offical dates are i do like the idea Jaz has put up... starting a religon (*cough* again *cough*)

Oh the other idea is good too... two tournys

My new main has the best mind games ever! its so powerful it forces you to 4 stock me MUH HA HA HA HA HA!!!...

If i cannot dream i cannot live...

....zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz...

Chicken_Salad

Smash Cadet
...zzzZZZzzzZZZzzz... what... really... no this is... only... the... start... of a great... error... in mankind history... sleep my brothers for tomorrow is another day...

Taking over the world one... one dream at a time...

Too lazy to find MSN details so here is mine

Onechickenandsaladonly@hotmail.com

Send me spam and i will have to hurt you...

xeno

Smash Ace
Chicken Salad just turned into something awesome.
BTW guys, I talked to Jaz and the Smash Tourney is cancelled, instead we are having Avosion Tourney -- use arrows to avoid pregnancy!
In the finals you will play Avosion 2 against me.. and just look at all the 0s you'll have to fill up to catch up with me.

no.13

Smash Cadet
some say he's challenged a meat pie to a staring contest

and that he has frequent sexual liasons with garden gnomes..

and some say hes the lovechild of of the love children of dr evil, fat b.astard, emperor palpatine and jabba the hutt... which would make him... dr jabba the emperor b.astard.

though we know him only as chicken salad

Jaz

Smash Ace
well, at least its interesting spam,

qld could learn from us ;)

lmao avosion tourney

EDIT:
actually reading back we've probably scared the other states into not coming nice work guys lol

it all started with the giant ship ChickenSalad was gonna make didn't it.....

ya know i nearly have nicknames for everyone that span one syllable bar chicken salad
do you have a short nickname buddy or should we start devoting posts to figuring it out

Snakebite

Smash Journeyman
I can make it now, should have enough money by then.

Freddo, when do you finish exams?

IS there any people driving up, because i'd much prefer to pay for petrol then other transport.

freddo

Smash Journeyman
I finish exams this Thursday (finally). Mark, the meet is this Saturday at dohei's. Come round beforehand and I'll drive us there. Plus anyone else who wants to meet me at Epping station. Otherwise you can get to montmorency station and call me from there. PM me for details if you think you'll need a lift from the station, either Epping or montmorency.

Top Bottom