• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney Smash Thread - Comrades Of Xeno -

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
I say do it the other way around, so people won't get smashed-out by the time low tiers are done.

I vote items in low tier :D

Dedu

Smash Lord
Items are in smash. Look at Peach and Link/Y Link :p Just because you can't deal with pressing A/Z before getting hit by an item (Look at Jaz) doesn't mean items are banned.

There. Happy now?
Didn't CAOTIC do an item based smash tourney using only items that had no luck or chance events attached to it? (Eg: Pokeballs) And no home bats they screw you over Well, the involvement of even one item introduced gives you the possiblilty of a potentially dangerous 'bomb' capsule appearing out of nowhere.

I agree with GTR on the low tier tourney after the 'high' tier tourney.

EDIT: LOL KK and I posted at the same time XD

Bjay

Smash Lord
Maybe we should have the Crew battles, the finals and the money matches on the second day and leave the first day for only the swiss system and doubles matches? and... with a two day tourney... Does that mean we won't have a best of one for our swiss matches now? :D

p.s. Ah its still an 8 man finals bracket?? ...but theres so many good people coming!! It's gonna be pretty hard to get into the finals this time T_T
T__________________T

cause you need 10 characters at least.

Dedu

Smash Lord
Lol even El Sid +Meteor Master had better rankings than mine! What in god's name is going on?!?

Honestly I really don't care about the rankings given out so far. They are just too inaccurate (from the 15th person onwards) to be used for future tourneys. It's based on the previous tournament scores before we implemented the swiss system, along with the last tournament we had. The higher your score depended on how long you could last in the double elim system before getting knocked out by a good opponent.

Also ROFL @ Xeno's dtls in the ranking list:
33 Xeno Paranoia

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
Lol even El Sid +Meteor Master had better rankings than mine! What in god's name is going on?!?

Honestly I really don't care about the rankings given out so far. They are just too inaccurate (from the 15th person onwards) to be used for future tourneys. It's based on the previous tournament scores before we implemented the swiss system, along with the last tournament we had. The higher your score depended on how long you could last in the double elim system before getting knocked out by a good opponent.

Also ROFL @ Xeno's dtls in the ranking list:
Pretty much; ATM only like the top 5 or so are accurate-ish. But after a good, long Swiss tourney like we're planning to do, it should balance out a lot more for our frequent tourney-go-ers.

Also, notice how everyone's from NSW? I suspect once our
'friends' arrive and get ratings they'll be a lot of arguments over that list =D

Also, don't forget to signup!

Keeno

Smash Rookie
zoomg mercury is beating me in raank... wait whos mercury again?

i dont like my rankings... D= next time i'll be right up there next to pat and jaz XP

FOnti

Smash Journeyman
unless facebook is lying to me, its funky's bday today.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FUNKYYYyy

happy biirthday to you, happy biiiiiiirthday to you, happy biiiiiiiiiiiiiirthday dear funky, happy birthday to yoooooooouuuuuu!!!!

XD

edit: 69 posts ftw.

/immaturity

Sanc

Smash Cadet
Mercury was the lucky one who didnt vs anyone in the top 12 of the rating system in the tourney :p

Bjay

Smash Lord
He was meant to vs me, but Brinton exempted him and made him vs...

THE EVANATARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have a suggestion - If its a 2 day tournament, bump the entry pp to $10 per tourney.

Edit for Fonti - $$$$$$$$$$$ I WUB MONEY <3 $$$$$$$$

Jaz

Smash Ace
or if its two days,
massive Swiss singles first day and squeeze in whatever for the rest
where like everyone vs everyone and have the fairest tourney to ^_^
we'll keep the rankings separate that way we can compare who was the better of each state at that particular time, and then separate Sydney rankings for NSW's own amusement, we
put a lot of rivalries to bed and start some new ones ;)

yeah its so because i hate losing and love to be up on the regional rankings.

no items you nub andy, sydney takes pride in its low tier! god napolean....

maybe we could end the first day with crews.

than the next day have teams and low tier to rap it all up, because the undedicatedadios won't be there for it
i spose, brint seeing as our tournies are usually on Sunday we'll have to spread the word of the change.

i'll talk to you to get a link an update the first page.

Brint i think we should up the cost if an interstater were to take the money then they could travel here next time,
syke is not allowed to win because he'll waste it.

Sanc

Smash Cadet
I agree with the massive swiss system on one day, It'll help alot with the ratings as well :D

Dedu

Smash Lord
What's wrong with the original $5? Bjay is a cheapskate when it comes to these things. :p Interstaters will already have paid in transport costs to get here so $10 for resident smashers and $5 for the interstaters?

And Sykec0ck won't be able to spend the money coz Fweddo + Cao will have spent it already.

Ya da ya da on the tourney organisation discussion.
yeah its so because i hate losing and love to be up on the regional rankings.
News flash. Everyone hates losing. So does Andy, that's why he suggested items.

Speaking of the swiss system exclusive for the first day I agree with that - separate rankings and start all over again at 1000, everyone vs randomly at first and move up and down the rankings as more rounds are played.

Housing - again I can offer 2 people to stay at my place and its at a decent location, 10mins drive to city, 30mins via public transport(Syd public transport really sucks compared to Melb) - PM me if you're interested.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Well it isnt my tournament, so its just a suggestion to bump it up, but to begin, I'm just used to having a higher entry fee when I travel to OOS tournaments. $5 singles and $5 doubles is fine for a local regular tournament, but this upcoming one seems to have outgrown the local scene and raising the stakes seems like a natural move to intensify the tournament in respect to the number of skilled interstate players that are going to show up to this event. It would to nice to know I'd be going to Sydney knowing I have something to play for.

Paying $20 max for 2 days worth of tournaments doesn't sound like overkill - alot of us are going to spend around $200 getting and staying there, so an extra $10 is a non-issue. Although I'm not guaranteed to win (I don't think I've ever won a major singles tournament ever), I usually get a fair amount and it'll help smashers like CATS or Mark enjoy their stay if they need it. Its really only benefit to the community in that sense, so there's my 2 cents in regards to that matter. Once again its your tournament and you should do things that best suit the Sydney Smashers. =)

As for housing - Dedu, I will be permanently fixated to USA Ben and Sam (since Sam gets lost anywhere outside his own house :grin:) so I guess I'm only able to stay with you if you can take in the 3 of us. Otherwise I'll need to look for someone who can house three of us some or the whole time between 6-11 July (looks at Kulla/Pat with puppy dog eyes), or put Sam in another house with someone who knows what they are doing LOL :)

Sanc

Smash Cadet
By the way... I'd just like to point out that Brinton said the tourney would be held in the "Ashmore Smith Room" It's changing to that area for S3 Cubed right?

p.s. For those who don't know where that room is, its relatively close to the concourse, we could always put up signs or something to point you to the right direction :)

C0d3M0nk3y

Smash Apprentice
That was the idea; I've got some massive portable billboards to lead them all there =D

Ratings: **** ou all for making me rest the ratings, all my hard work... (lol)

CAO/Dedu: I'm all for raising prices (lol), but if the first day's only Swiss then we'll make it $10 entry for the day, and depending on what happens on day 2 we'll see. Fill me in, guys.

Sanc

Smash Cadet
I suddenly remembered one of Brinton's random posts in the first few pages of this thread....

i can see it now...

australian ssbm nationals, held in sydney...

lol.
It was all planned from the beginning I tell you!! CONSPIRACIES AND STUFF!!! D: D:

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Well.. It's just the eastern side of Australia, all but Tasmania :(

What would a national be without NT, SA, WA, Taz, Vic, Qld, and Nsw?

Not a complete national </3

Sloth

Smash Ace
You guys are lucky I don't have money!

Hope it all goes awesome. I wanna see a lot of naked pictures.

I think if we were to organize a true national, it would have to be one set far in advance. But people will always have problems making it.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Omg, we should do something about food =D

Don't forget guys, Jaz's meet is this Friday x_x

Yes, I'll be there like OMGGG A MEET I'M AT WHERE I'M NOT SICK.

But I'm getting a haircut then I'm going

Sanc

Smash Cadet
Ah, I might come to that meet... If I got some details... XD Jaz give me the address and I'll keep the option open :)

Dedu

Smash Lord
Jaz - Can't make it this friday. Already had pre arrangements made on friday nite and I work thru the day. Have fun!

And those who are going to Jaz's this friday -
BYO GC + SMASH

If I wasn't loud enuf,
BYO GC + SMASH

no.13

Smash Cadet
im in for jaz's. but i finish work at like 230am. easy prey at that time of the morning. are ppl still gonna be awake?? and what time does it start?

Get that Rat

Smash Lord
Boys, the plan has changed, QLD arrives on the 8th because Scrubs failed to announce his 21st on the 7th of July and refuses to celebrate it with this true family: us.

This leads to a conclusion that we will set sail to Sydney via 4WD (yay) early early early on the 8th! Sorry for this Jaz, but hey! You won't have to put up with Zac for one and a half weeks. And if your angry, direct hate towards Ben... Or Zac... Or the Kiwi :D

So now our plan is

5th July - Ben starts healthy diet for extreme energy.
6th July - Ben crams in Titan-like sleep.
7th July - It's Ben's birthday! Yay for him (Ben)! Boo for some (everyone else)!
8th July - Leave Brisbane at <insert extremely early time, Ben suggests 3am... Which is way too early> and arrive at Sydney at mid-late day.
8-12th July - Party at JAZZAALLEENNCOOO!!! A LITTLE LEVERAGE!! + Tournament
13th July - Drive drive drive back to Bris Vegas :( *noooooo T_T bye bye Sydney *waves**

For optimum performance, I vote the tournament be held 10th and 11th! And with perfect reasoning which I will talk about if anyone has an issue with these dates.

Cao this means you'll have to fly to Cairns from Melbourne/Sydney :( I'm so sorry for the wait, and anti-climax.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Giving away my secrets Juggy!

I look forward to seeing you all on the 8th. I may have entered some type of catatonic state caused by driving down. I if I am unresponsive I trust that someone will take me to hospital.

Umm yeah and go QLD!

Top Bottom