• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sydney - Don't Come (Results)

Sieg

Smash Champion
Nooo, My secret identity revealed!

Now I'll never be able to be the sidekick to Batman...

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
OMG soooo many good tourneys to compete in (+ Melty Blood <3 Sam)
I will try to get the money for this cause I really want to go

_X_

Smash Lord
I think we should all remember the main reasons why we're all going...

To hang out with X (and possibly The X Crew, depending).

Let the trip be epic and hungovers be cured with ... more drinking.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have informed Dave from SA about this event and he is going!

*Radelaide representz*

Oh - also:
Pre-registration/Costs/Prizes
Dinner @ Neutral Bay

has been covered in the first post. Click the links for their info

Bjay

Smash Lord
I like the prizes. ^^'

Count me in for both days, and count my confirmation for Dinner at Neutral Bay as well.

Looking forward to this.

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Count me in :D

Never had crew battles before, would love to give it a go

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
You're part of the Hornsby crew right? Get your buddies in on this, it'll work out perfectly for you guys + I wanna play everyone again in Melee

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I've put the rules up - click the links on the first post for more info. :)

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Ready for something Ironic...

Last year, when I went to the Queensland tourney in December... I had to miss out on a yearly family gathering, which just happened to be on the same weekend... The family gathering was at my house...

This year....its up in Queensland on the 6th, and there is no way I can miss another one... talk about awesome eh?

I wont be coming to this...for reals, which sucks...muchly

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That's ok, maybe you can make it to OHN8. :) Or you could just fly back on Sunday for the Brawl Teams and Melee Crews Round Robin and Japanese Dinner

I'm gonna do Mewtwo MM's all challengers must be Fox or Falco, $5 best of 3 any takers????

unreon

Smash Ace
Cao I take the Mewtwo v Falco challenge lol. Don't know what I'm getting myself in for...

Sprawling is easy; its what you do after sprawling that's hard. Peruvian necktie ftw =)

Gords

Smash Champion
I am definately coming, to both days of the tournament and to dinner, so count me in.

also i will be looking for a doubles partner and a crew for this event,
note; though for the melee events i will need some pre tourney couching/training on:
* some of the ATs including Smash DI/Automatic SDI as i have forgoten most of them and still only learnt some things really late like wavedashing,
*team matches as i havent had much experience in this area.

but by time the event comes about i shouldn't be a push over at least.
So prepare for the rising of Gords.

_X_

Smash Lord
Cao I take the Mewtwo v Falco challenge lol. Don't know what I'm getting myself in for...

Sprawling is easy; its what you do after sprawling that's hard. Peruvian necktie ftw =)
If I went to fight any MMA guy I'd get killed almost purely because I don't know how to sprawl, and I obviously don't know about ground fighting so I'd die.

You'll have to teach me some sprawling skills man.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, I've seen it done but I could use some practice at it...

Wait, Shaz, are you a Ninja? How do you know of such things?

Cao, you should have just assumed I'd be coming to dinner. GEEZ, YOUR THE WORST BOY FRIEND EVER!
I'll make it up to you by suppling some bubbly at Cremorne Point after dinner <3

unreon

Smash Ace
You'll have to teach me some sprawling skills man.
Here's a start for you, from sprawl and brawl LHW Champion Forrest Griffin himself =) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NymyYoI97qU

And you have to teach me some of the science behind standup too :p I need to learn southpaw vs unorthodox, plum/clinch, combinations and openings, whatever it takes!

EDIT: be warned that sprawling only protects against shoot takedowns. If the guy opposite you knows Judo or Greco-Roman wrestling really well then...well, let's hope you're really good at BJJ ><

_X_

Smash Lord
I'll make it up to you by suppling some bubbly at Cremorne Point after dinner <3
And I'll treat YOU to a few shots of Jager.

Here's a start for you, from sprawl and brawl LHW Champion Forrest Griffin himself =) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NymyYoI97qU

And you have to teach me some of the science behind standup too :p I need to learn southpaw vs unorthodox, plum/clinch, combinations and openings, whatever it takes!

EDIT: be warned that sprawling only protects against shoot takedowns. If the guy opposite you knows Judo or Greco-Roman wrestling really well then...well, let's hope you're really good at BJJ ><
Yeah, I've seen that one. I'd really like a chance to practice it though.

Yeah for sure man, I'll show you a few things.

Bjay

Smash Lord
I've got bad news.

I've got plans (at least at this point in time anyway) on December the 5th, so yeah I won't be able to make the Melee tournament sorry :( But I can still go to the Brawl one though!

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
Cao, your language in the first post is seriously confusing.. but it's awesome haha
Really looking forward to giving crews a go.. hopefully I can improve my Fox to a point where he's better than my Link by December.. then give him a spin

As a side note: You expose Smashers to a giant picture with BOTH furries in it on the first page and tell them not to come? GJ! :D

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Preregistrations and pre-payment options are now open for this - links can be found on the first post.

Everyone has until December 1 to pay for the $30 prepaid option, otherwise they will get nipped with the full-fee entry fee.

Payments are done through PayPal, so you need either a PP account, or a standard Credit Card. If you have neither of these, find someone who does.

Anyone from Melbourne who doesn't have access to these can have their tickets purchased through myself because I can get them for you on my card

Bjay

Smash Lord
Depending on the time schedule, I can make it to a certain Smash event on Saturday, but probably only for a bit.

But yeah we'll see :(

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
DON'T COME SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

Saturday, 6 December (Venue open from 12pm to 12am)

12.00pm: Setup and Registration
2.00pm - 5.00pm: Melee 2v2 Man Teams
5.00pm - 8.00pm: Brawl 4v4 Man Crews

Sunday, 7 December (Venue open from 12pm to 12am)
12.00pm: Setup and Registration
2.00pm - 5.00pm: Brawl 2v2 Man Teams
5.00pm - 8.00pm: Melee 4v4 Man Crews

Players are welcome to engage in friendly play between 12pm and 12am, but outside of designated tournament times - or as otherwise instructed by the Tournament Organisers.

EQUIPMENT REGISTER

All attendees for 'Don't Come' are highly encouraged to support the event with televisions, Wiis, and copies of SSBM abd SSBB where possible. If you are able to supply any of the following, please post what you can bring and I will update this list.

Televisions:

• (netch!) 1 x TV - needs a ride
  • (Gords) multiple TVs
  • (Turtle) 1 x TV
  • (Unreon) 1 x TV
  • CAOTIC 4 x TVs

Consoles/Game Disks:

• (CAOTIC) Wii + SSBB + SSBM
  • (netch!) Wii + SSBB + SSBM - needs a ride
  • (Gords) Wii + SSBB + SSBM
  • (Turtle) Wii

Bjay

Smash Lord
I can't attend on Saturday due to other plans, however it's possible I might be able to make the Brawl 4 v 4 Man Crews.

netch!

Smash Cadet
if anyone needs a team mate i'll be glad to join

i haven't played melee in a while though, if you want to test me out in brawl throw me a pm for fc

i have a wii, tv, ssbm and ssbb, but i don't drive. if anyone's willing to give me a lift that would be nice, haha

Top Bottom