• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swordgard's Video Thread (Updated June 1st)-Rate my climbars!

swordgard

Smash Hero
Due to some people harassing me to post the videos of last tourneys which I recorded (I was the one in charge of all recorders), I am now stuck encoding a few hours of videos. Because of this, it came to my mind that it may be the time for me to start a video thread featuring my matches .

I will start posting videos of myself tommorow and onward of tourney matches I was in (no online matches cause i know people usually dont give a **** about these ) . There will be singles and doubles matches. Not all videos will be of me using ice climbers, but most of them will be.

Oh, and yes, I use ice climbers in doubles and do well with them there.

BISB (Brawl is serious business) videos will be up asap.

EDIT: On second thought, il probably upload vids from wifi too.

Feel free to comment/hate/be a fanboy. Il update more tonight.

Wifi Videos

Swordgard (Ice Climbers) vs Some 1800ish ranked person on aib (Meta Knight/G&W)

FFYF 2 Videos (march 21st-22nd)
Placing: 4 out of 50ish, got gayed due to ally being sent to losers sandbaggin >.> 3rd place DENIED . 7th in doubles out of 20 teams or so
Swordgard(Lucas) Vs Saus(Link) Low tier brackets

Swordgard(Ice climbers) Vs Pastaboy(Diddy) friendly

Lunsford(DK) vs Swordgard(Ice climbers) Friendly

Ally(Snake) vs Swordgard(Ice climbers) Brackets

BISB Videos (May 16th)
3rd place out of 18. 2nd in teams, outplacing the people who got 4th at ffyf2.

Swordgard(Ice climbers) vs Holy(ROB) BISB Losers Finals 1

Swordgard (Ice climbers) vs Holy(ROB) BISB Losers Finals 2

swordgard

Smash Hero
kewl, I hope you have some vs MK cause they **** me and meep has about 2 video of his ICs on youtube.
Well, im currently uploading the BISB videos so i will update as they get online.

Also, il start by johnning about 2 things lol before more vids are up.

A) I did not want to play ally in FFYF-2 so i kinda threw away the match. This is mostly cause he sandbagged, got into losers brackets and stopped me from even getting a chance at 3rd place. Whatsover, its in the past now.

B) I hadnt trained for single for BISB, so i couldnt cg for shiz. Its mostly because my partner wanted us to place for doubles, so i only trained for doubles due to lack of time with school exams (**** school stealing brawl time! )

But yeah, il just have to improve for next tourney :)

EDIT: Im not anywhere as nice as lain, i will therefore probably not give you some very nicely formatted stuff like him.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
lol those matches were fun, watching those matches make me realize what I need to work on. You'll soon met my anti-climber ROB, my greatest rival! lol you've surpassed Ambrose but you've still need to be more consistent with your infinites in order to be equal with Lain. Don't worry Lain will also met his fate at my hands next time, you won't be the only one ;)

P.S
Keep choking so I can keep winning, kthxbai.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Very good IC's.

You should work on killing out of CG's though. Throw to nana then start charging with popo, then throw into popo. You can save yourself a lot of chaingrabbing by doing this. Rob dies at around 80% off the top of FD from a charged usmash for example. It's just less chances to mess us chaingrabs. Killing as early as possible is essiential to getting to that top level :).

Dark Volt

Smash Rookie
Very nice Ice Climbers, swordgard. Since I'm no pro, that's all I have to say.
Lol, Holy's gonna **** himself up by being so cocky.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Very good IC's.

You should work on killing out of CG's though. Throw to nana then start charging with popo, then throw into popo. You can save yourself a lot of chaingrabbing by doing this. Rob dies at around 80% off the top of FD from a charged usmash for example. It's just less chances to mess us chaingrabs. Killing as early as possible is essiential to getting to that top level :).

I really need to work on my cging that i know, it seems that even though i hadnt trained for that tourney, considering the amount of grabs i had i could have done much better if i could cg 0 to death. However i think that the time you kill in cging wont change much, especially since charged upsmash is a bit slow which means fast button mashers can get out. If you can cg to 100 perfectly or almost, there wont be such a huge difference with if you kill at 80%, but your right, i need to start killing at lower %.

EDIT: Holy may be playing it a bit cocky, but its true that hes currently 1-1 with lain and last time he played him it was single elims bracket (i know wtf eh XD ). And i played him yesterday online, i can say he has learned a few new tricks.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
It doesn't matter if charged upsmash is slow. Once you start throwing them they can't break out. You can be charging the entire duration of the throw. So for example you would dthrow to nana and start charging immediately. Wait a split second, then bthrow. Right before the bthrow ends release your upsmash. Because you are throwing them it allows you charge time in which they cannot break out.

swordgard

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter if charged upsmash is slow. Once you start throwing them they can't break out. You can be charging the entire duration of the throw. So for example you would dthrow to nana and start charging immediately. Wait a split second, then bthrow. Right before the bthrow ends release your upsmash. Because you are throwing them it allows you charge time in which they cannot break out.
I will then work on that .

Teh Future

Smash Master
Yeah I still a lot of ICs stand there and charge the upsmash and then release without throwing, but the throwing animation is good because it allows you to charge for longer with a smaller frame for escape.

Your ICs are definitely very good, although I think a few things that could help with diddy:

When he plucks the bananas out its easiest to catch them with nair. Al them so when the bananas are on the ground it is generally better to run up to them, shield, and then pick them up so the lag from dash attack cannot be punished. It can be done pretty much as fast as the dash attack and is very useful.

Get some MK vids up imo

swordgard

Smash Hero
Yeah I still a lot of ICs stand there and charge the upsmash and then release without throwing, but the throwing animation is good because it allows you to charge for longer with a smaller frame for escape.

Your ICs are definitely very good, although I think a few things that could help with diddy:

When he plucks the bananas out its easiest to catch them with nair. Al them so when the bananas are on the ground it is generally better to run up to them, shield, and then pick them up so the lag from dash attack cannot be punished. It can be done pretty much as fast as the dash attack and is very useful.

Get some MK vids up imo
That was pretty far back then though vs diddy, i got some new stuff up my sleeve now. Also, tonight im going to the weeklies so im gonna try to get matches from there on my sd card and capture em back here.

Teh Future

Smash Master
sounds good. Id be sooo good at the diddy matchup if I could chaingrab him at all. hes like the hardest character for me wtf

Teh Future

Smash Master
Yeah I think the diddy boards actually did the machup a while back, but they were just like lawl banana = seperate >spike nana. I dont think they realise how easy it is for diddy to get grabbed, even when you dont have bananas.

Top Bottom