• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Roster Evolution: (3-1)break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
update in a little while mates, got some urgent business to take care of first mates
Just wondering, is the next break session ready to begin? I'm fine with waiting, just rather curious.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I allowed to get a head start? I'm pretty sure I didn't get booted out this round... :confused:
you didn't, but please wait till I update the contest, I got a special rule I want to enclose, and sorry it takes so long, the forms updating as put a hash on moving the competition, sorry mates

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
you didn't, but please wait till I update the contest, I got a special rule I want to enclose, and sorry it takes so long, the forms updating as put a hash on moving the competition, sorry mates
It's cool, sorry if I'm being a tad impatient :(.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Round 2 is over (finally!)
it was long,
even too much for a kong,
even one of them will get bored,
but now after much rehash,
we will begin again,

the winners of this battle,
was more than one,
instead of their being only a lone,
there were three,
the winners are BigAxle, Shortiecanbrawl, and myself,

but the loser was unlucky,
he got half of the votes pinned on him,
the loser of round two is . . .

GoldenIcarus,
looks like your golden clutch,
just became a bunch of butch,

this next round will have something special in it,
for our 24 slot rosters,
there will not be a single veteran in them,
your 24 slot rosters must include only newcomers,

if a roster comes that has a veteran in it,
it will be immediately be disqualified,
if you think you have the best roster on the block,
then prove it by letting it be judge by the common people,

that is all,
I will see you all back on Tuesday at midnight,
I wish you good luck my contestants,
Contestant list:
Fortanono-
Shoritecanbrawl-
smashermaster-
BigAxle-
Thatwaspeachy-
Tepig2000-
LoneKonWolf-

Vote count:
Fortanono: 1
Shoritecanbrawl:0
smashermaster:1
BigAxle:0
Thatwaspeachy:1
Goldenicarus:6
tepig2000:2
lonekonwolf;0
It's cool, sorry if I'm being a tad impatient :(.
nah your cool, its been awhile anyway, anyone would have been impatient

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
By Newcomers, you mean just adding 8 characters that are new? Or straight up 24 Character roster of 100% newcomers?
Can these include newcomers from Smash 4? IE: Villager, etc.

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
By Newcomers, you mean just adding 8 characters that are new? Or straight up 24 Character roster of 100% newcomers?
Can these include newcomers from Smash 4? IE: Villager, etc.
Only newcomers, all 24 spots

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Done! This is gonna be the round where I lose...

Oh, wait till you see my roster. This round is really placing the pressure on us because a majority of options are gone. Also, I'm taking this round as Smash 4 Newcomers are mostly usable for now.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Posting my roster here for confirmation of legality.
It's not 100% Complete, but any other tweaks won't involve the characters I'm not sure are legal or not.

Tell me if there's any characters here that can be considered illegal choices. That is, if there's any.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Posting my roster here for confirmation of legality.
It's not 100% Complete, but any other tweaks won't involve the characters I'm not sure are legal or not.
nah mate, your good, as long as you don't use any of the 40 playable characters that have been seen in smash (64,melee,brawl), your good

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
SWF Roster Round 3.png

Here's mine!

I thought about doing a skin roster taking all of my veterans and replacing them with skins that could be used. (Dry Bowser for Bowser, Ninten for Ness, etc) but I figured that might be too risky, so I did this route.

Column 1- Mario Universe (Rosalina & Luma, Toad, K Rool and Dixie)
Column 2- Medival Series (Tetra, Tingle, Chrom, Robin and Takamaru)
Column 3- RPGs (Blaziken, Meowth, Masked Man, Shulk and Isaac)
Column 4- Other [Returning Series] (Bandana Waddle Dee, Ridley, Palutena, Krystal and Samurai Goroh)
Column 5- Other [New Series] (Little Mac, Villager, Lip, Wii Fit Trainer and Mii)

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Second place the first game, and second to last place the second game. I'm seeing a bit of a trend here between me, and Louie G.

Although, it sucks that I got eliminated just when it was starting to get interesting. :ohwell:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Second place the first game, and second to last place the second game. I'm seeing a bit of a trend here between me, and Louie G.

Although, it sucks that I got eliminated just when it was starting to get interesting. :ohwell:
whelp, someone has to fall to move the game forward, that's how competition works, though look on the bright side, you beat louie this time :laugh:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Wait, does that mean I'm going to be eliminated next?

Zhadgon isn't competing in this game and Golden Icarus and Louie G are eliminated.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Well, before people start voting against me for my somewhat odd choices... The Roster preserves the primary elements of Smash with alternate versions of our favorite characters with fresh, new takes on them and some interesting characters to flesh out the list. It includes some unique aspects and focuses less on having characters like Pac-Man and moreso on taking advantage of our current restriction. I hope you enjoy it.

Reasoning:
-Paper Mario, Paper Luigi, Yarn Yoshi Masked Link and Tetra are obvious choices regarding the circumstances. Alternate versions of our current inclusions, but big enough distinctions to not be blatant clones. The Paper Characters can have crazy different movesets along with Tetra/TZ + Masked Link, while Yarn Yoshi can use Yarn, along with Kirby.
-
Cranky Kong is added because he's technically the original Donkey Kong, that gives him some warrant. If it was another person, I could expect maybe Dixie and Tiny, but that's out there.
-
Little Mac, Shulk and Issac are liked by various people, and I think they are good for this case.
-
Dark Samus is questionable, but I put her there because it's a form of Samus. Having Ridley without Samus feels too weird to me.
-
Takamaru is my "Retro" here, I have reasons for his inclusion.
-
Meowth is like Jigglypuff in some regards, they are heavily iconic because of the anime. Blaziken is an interesting choice with some recent publicity and promotion increasing his likeability and popularity, and inclusion as a result.
-
Rick Wheeler? He's the successor to Captain Falcon. Having the Captain in some form was key to me.
-
Ninten is the first Mother Protagonist. I've held him in similar regards to Ness. That, and they do look similar, but they are different in many regards if you've played the first Mother.
-
Villager + Megaman because obvious. WFT would be an inclusion around the 30 Slots Mark, along with Rosalina.
-
Yarn Kirby is an alternate form of our pink puffball, but with a heavy distinction; his moveset can revolve around his transformations and the yarn whip. Bandana Dee is the most likely Kirby Newcomer behind that, and having Prince Fluff is possible Clone Quality, so Bandana is the better choice here.
-
Chrom is a choice I'd replace with someone else, like Robin, possibly. But unlike Robin, he's a Lord, which is kind of crucial to Fire Emblem Slots. All previous ones were Lords, and not having one feels like an open void.
-
Palutena AND Medusa? I have Medusa as my heavily ballsy choice. I went with a duality concept here. No other character in my roster uses Darkness as an aspect (Dark Samus is Phazon) for her attacks. Viridi would be my next likely addition if I had more slots. Palutena is what most people would add on default for KI.
-James McCloud is a legendary pilot that represents Star Fox here. He was the original.
-
Lip is my final inclusion. I've never been certain of her case, primarily because Panel De Pon is a series that I've never played, a rare case in my regard. However, I'll take your point, guys, and add her.

I've had to play it extra careful this round. Hopefully it pays off.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wait, what?

Do I have to make my entire roster newcomers, or just the eight choices all newcomers?

I thought the game was to expand on your roster bit by bit?

Last edited:

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Wait, what?

Do I have to make my entire roster newcomers, or just the eight choices all newcomers?

I thought the game was to expand on your roster bit by bit?
it is the original point, but by popular opinion, I just decided to add something special every few rounds, just think of it as a way to make things fresh, or fresher. . . whatever you get the idea . . .

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
SWF Roster Round 3.png

Explanations for eahc character

Paper Mario is somewhat of a substitution for Mario. Plus, he is a popular newcomer for his series.
Bowser Jr is in the same boat as Paper Mario, except as a substitution for Bowser.
Dixie and K Rool are both popular characters.
Toon Zelda and Tingle are both popular Zelda newcomers.
Lucina is their because she is the most recent 'Marth' and Robin is the main character of the game.
Mii, Dillon and Takamaru are popular retro characters.
Bandana Waddle Dee is the most popular character for a Kirby newcomer.
Goroh and Krystal are there becuase Star Fox and F-Zero need another character.
Blaziken is one of the most icconic Pokemon after the ones already in Smash. Same with Meowth.
Dark Sanus is the spot holder for Samus, plus Ridley does not need an explanation.
Ninten is the only main Mother character not playable in Smash Bros.
Dark Pit is a substitution for Pit and Palutena would have been added.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
it is the original point, but by popular opinion, I just decided to add something special every few rounds, just think of it as a way to make things fresh, or fresher. . . whatever you get the idea . . .
I getcha.

With this roster, I more or less tried to keep the main big series, but instead of add randoms from smaller franchises (Like Krystal with no Fox, or Palutena with no Pit) I just added a bunch of unrepresented series.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
This is going to be an interesting round. I think I know who I'm voting for already, however.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Yeah. I've got a lot of things going on so roster making isn't a huge priority right now.

Though I did enjoy the two rounds I was in for. Hit me up when the next game starts.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Round 3 begins!
it took us awhile,
to get this game back on track,
but now we are back,
to keep the sands of time to keep on dropping

were hosting a special game tonight,
to make up for lost time,
in this one not a single veteran could be added,
so the contestants rosters are all filled with newcomers,

they tried their best to recreate this roster,
with the resources available at hand,
but if its good enough to compensate for a regular roster,
gets chosen by you!

let the judging begin!
Contestant list:
Fortanono-

Shoritecanbrawl-
smashermaster-

BigAxle-

Tepig2000-

LoneKonWolf-

please come here to vote for the eliminated contestant:
SWF Roster Evolution 3
we will resume on Wednesday at midnight

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
My vote goes against Fort. Just not a third party kind of guy.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I think I'm seeing who is going down this round, likely because of those 3rd Parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom