• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SWF Roster Evolution: (3-1)break

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

Welcome to SWF Roster Evolution
Hosted by LoneKonWolf
[collapse=intro]
with the days being grey,
I've given a ray,
for all to see,
just like the dark beans of coffee,
lets play a game

shall we mates.
I'll be giving a week,
for all who want to participate,
either the strong or weak,
are able to join,

the rules of the game,
or chosen by the dame,
you can chose for your favorite type,
whether its normal for old time sakes,
or to put some certain rules in for stakes,
whatever makes you hype,

when you come and join,
but yet if you fail,
you will be judge immediately,
so come only if you got the coin,

the choice to either sit and watch,
or to join the batch,
that choice is yours mates,
just whatever you do,
don't disappoint me . . . .
[/collapse]

here's a breakdown:
  • before we begin we will sign up people who will become contestants, these contestants will then compete against each other, while building their roster, in hopes of winning the game.
  • there will be 2 step, step 1 (which will be called break periods)will have the contestants build a roster according to the limited amount roster spots available at the time.
  • step 2 (which will be called elimination periods) will have all the contestants line up their rosters up for people to vote, people may only vote to the person they want to ELIMINATE! from the competition!
  • the initial start of the game will last a week to get contestants to join
  • in the beginning we will always start at 10.
  • if a certain theme becomes popular, like an all pokemon roster, or a all female roster, if most players want that to happen we will do it
  • the break periods will last about 2 days (might change depending on the thread) within that time contestants will have to make a roster according the amount of spaces available.
  • the elimination periods will last 24 hours (might change depending on the thread) within that time, anyone may vote on the person that they want to ELIMINATE! from the competition!
  • when a new step begins the amount of roster space will be increased by a specific amount of slots (it depends on the flow of the game).
  • anyone who is competing does not submit a roster, or submits a roster that does not have the required amount of slots (and does not fix it) will immediately be disqualified!
  • if someone does get disqualified, the game will get pushed forward to account for lost slots, and time
[collapse=Example]
three people have signed up to be contestants, and each made a roster during the break period
participant 1:

participant 2:

participant 3:

now the break period ended, so the elimination period began, each participant vote for the other person so they count up like this:
participant 1: 1 vote
participant 2: 1 vote
participant 3: 1 vote
now the public votes, 5 votes were in and most went to participant 3, the tally's show up now as:
participant 1: 2 vote
participant 2: 2 vote
participant 3: 5 votes
now ends the elimination period, since participant 3 had the most votes he got eliminated from the completion, which brings to the next break period and the next step, so since there is a new step the roster space went from 10 to 14, which means that the next participants rosters will look like this:
participant 1:

participant 2:

and it will continue to repeat like this until there is only one participant left standing, with one complete roster

[/collapse]
[collapse=FAQ]
and I'll leave this here just in case anyone got questions, if your question isn't here ask me, I'll add it and answer it
Q-1:Is this a game where we pick the roster that smash will end up with?
A-1 Nope! you only vote for the one you hate, it could be the most obscure roster ever, or it could be the safest roster ever, if you don't like that particular roster, then that's where you put your vote at!
Q-2:Can we put in anyone?
A-2:Yes! there is no limit of who you can put in, want to add 10 Marios? sure, want 10 links, good enough, as long as you stick to the limited roster spots, there are no regards of who you can put in!
Q-3:Can we cut anyone?
A-3:Yes! in fact no one who is in smash has to be in this roster, want an entire Sony roster, it works, want to have every veteran besides Mario, sure, want no Pokémon to be in your roster, then you can do that!
Q-4:Do we have to stick with the same roster each time?
A-4:Nope! you can completely change you roster to however you want, the first submit has the standard roster? why not make the next one all assist trophies! as long as you submit the roster you want to use before the end of the break period, it will be used!
Q-5:Do transformation/duo characters count as separate slots?
A-5:Nope, if you want them to take up an extra slot, then that character is not an transformation/duo character, it counts as it's own slot, tell me ahead of time, or just make a separate sheet away from the original, to not be counted as a slot character, although be warned, if its not an understandable transformation/duo (an understandable transformation would be Zelda & sheik, Red's Pokémon, Rosalina & luma) you will be disqualified for trying to cheat the rules! also the limit for transformation/duo characters is 5
Q-6: Can there be duplicate rosters?
A-6:No! each contestant roster has to be different from one another (at least one difference though character slots) if there happens to be two or more duplicate rosters at the end of the break period, i will prolong the break period so those can change their rosters, if there are no changes, the first copy of the roster will stay but the rest will be disqualified from the competition
Q-7: Can I put in symbols or emblems for slots?
A-7: no, you need actual characters in your rosters, any roster that has a symbol or emblem will not be counted for

[/collapse]​
Now that's out of the way lets the games begin!
Also, please come and view our side pages too!
[collapse=Victors]This is where we showcase the victors of previous games​
game 1- normal
1st: Louie G.

2nd: Golden Icarus

[/collapse]

Contestant List

Shortiecanbrawl-

SmasherMaster-

BigAxle-

Tepig2000-

Lonekonwolf-

we are starting up the next round,
its 32 slot rosters, normal rules,
we will be back on friday at midnight (hopefully)

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I just hope people vote for what they would like, not what they think a smash roster "should be." Otherwise, I'll probably get eliminated quickly.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I just hope people vote for what they would like, not what they think a smash roster "should be." Otherwise, I'll probably get eliminated quickly.
well that is the plan, your suppose to vote for the one you hate the most,
also, your not suppose to vote for the one you want to get in, your suppose to vote the one you hate the most, or detest the most

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
I Just thought of an issue. I think you should make a rule against transformation characters. They would be an easy way to add more characters to someone's roster, which I don't think is fair.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I Just thought of an issue. I think you should make a rule against transformation characters. They would be an easy way to add more characters to someone's roster, which I don't think is fair.
I'm not going to make a rule against transforming characters, if people will make an understandable transformation (Zelda & sheik, Red's pokemon) then they will be counted as in the same slot, if you want more info, I added a section to the FAQ

the8thark

Smash Lord
Just limit it to one transformation character.

And count me in on this. I have a good idea what roster I would want. And we shall see if that roster is popular or not.
You just have to let us know how many character slots we have to use in this game. We only have 10 characters in our roster? If so that's a pretty small roster. I think 20 would be much better. As it's hard to fit everyone in, with 10 slots only.
And LoneKonWolf include yourself in this.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
Just limit it to one transformation character.

And count me in on this. I have a good idea what roster I would want. And we shall see if that roster is popular or not.
You just have to let us know how many character slots we have to use in this game. We only have 10 characters in our roster? If so that's a pretty small roster. I think 20 would be much better. As it's hard to fit everyone in, with 10 slots only.
And LoneKonWolf include yourself in this.
done
and you don't understand the point of it,
it starts out at a 10 roster, but over time where we pass over more and more steps, and where more people get eliminated, we get a bigger roster to use,
and yes, I did include myself in this, its only temporarily, if we happen to get 13 other people signed up, i'll take my name off the list and replace it with the newest guy

the8thark

Smash Lord
done
and you don't understand the point of it,
it starts out at a 10 roster, but over time where we pass over more and more steps, and where more people get eliminated, we get a bigger roster to use,
I get your point now. Starting out small and laking it larger each round. Makes sense. Still makes the earlier rounds tough as it's only 10 but hey it's your game. And in a way a small roster really makes you think harder as you have to make some tough omissions.

If it was me I'd start the roster large and each round one person is eliminated, and the rest have to omit one character from their roster and out that one less roster up for voting each round. That'd make it much tougher, trying to work out who to eliminate each round. But . . . it's your game and we play by your rules. I'm cool with that. Should be fun.

And thanks for the add.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I get your point now. Starting out small and laking it larger each round. Makes sense. Still makes the earlier rounds tough as it's only 10 but hey it's your game. And in a way a small roster really makes you think harder as you have to make some tough omissions.

If it was me I'd start the roster large and each round one person is eliminated, and the rest have to omit one character from their roster and out that one less roster up for voting each round. That'd make it much tougher, trying to work out who to eliminate each round. But . . . it's your game and we play by your rules. I'm cool with that. Should be fun.

And thanks for the add.
then know what mate, make that form game then,
I'll love to play that one :laugh:
and no problem

the8thark

Smash Lord
then know what mate, make that form game then,
I'll love to play that one :laugh:
and no problem
I will make a game once I've been here a while. Need to get some forum rep first before anyone will take anything i say here seriously.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I will make a game once I've been here a while. Need to get some forum rep first before anyone will take anything i say here seriously.
ya mate, I understand that's exactly what I did, stayed a couple weeks, meet the faces, and gained myself some rep, all before I made this thread

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
ya mate, I understand that's exactly what I did, stayed a couple weeks, meet the faces, and gained myself some rep, all before I made this thread
All of us are nice and sane people you should not be concerned, everyone here is respectful of the unique and awesome opinions and works to get a whole conclusion without unreasonable doubt.
Just don´t bring the next subjects or you will be lynched, burned, electrocuted, drowned and smashed.
Ike, Lucario, Lucas, Wolf, R.O.B. and Snake will get cut (you say something like this and be prepared to get the assault of two or more individuals).
Dr. Kawashima, Diskun, Harry, Daitoryo, N64 Logo and Nintendog to be contenders for a spot in the roster.
Talk about Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters that could be in Smash (especially Fire Emblem).
First thing about Fight Club, you do not talk about Fight Club.
Roy is better than Chrom, Chrom is better than Roy, or something that correlates with one of those characters.
Ridley is to BIG to be in Smash (this is a sacred sentence, if you ever mention this you will be taken as lunatic that have escaped from the asylum).
King K. Rool is not cool and should be forgotten.
Second rule, do not talk about Fight Club.
Jigglypuff is law whatever you say, does not matter.
Everything is sacred about Ridley, King K. Rool, Little Mac and Palutena.
Something about cutting one of the original 12 will be considered a joke, if you are serious be prepared to be lynched, burned, well you get the idea.
Third rule, If someone says "stop" or goes limp, taps out the fight is over.
Consider always the possibility that everything in any instant could go to s... do not attempt to put order, step aside, take a seat, get your popcorn and enjoy the show.
The ignore button is not always the answer but sometimes is better than lose your head and reason.
Ten thumps up for your sig (Earthworm Jim is awesome <3).
I´m cool, if you ever need Icons or sigs let me know.
If you want likes in your posts, wait until MorbidAltruism appear, she will like everything you post.
Everyone in the following list are great people to know: MorbidAltruism, Mega Bidoof, lonekonwolf, MaskO'Gears, Pacack and SuperBrawler.
Everyone is crazy but don´t worry we don´t bite to hard.
And finally and fourth rule, only two guys to a fight.

.n_n.

the8thark

Smash Lord
All of us are nice and sane people you should not be concerned, everyone here is respectful of the unique and awesome opinions and works to get a whole conclusion without unreasonable doubt.
Just don´t bring the next subjects or you will be lynched, burned, electrocuted, drowned and smashed.
Ike, Lucario, Lucas, Wolf, R.O.B. and Snake will get cut (you say something like this and be prepared to get the assault of two or more individuals).
Dr. Kawashima, Diskun, Harry, Daitoryo, N64 Logo and Nintendog to be contenders for a spot in the roster.
Talk about Pokemon and Fire Emblem characters that could be in Smash (especially Fire Emblem).
Roy is better than Chrom, Chrom is better than Roy, or something that correlates with one of those characters.
Ridley is to BIG to be in Smash (this is a sacred sentence, if you ever mention this you will be taken as lunatic that have escaped from the asylum).
Something about cutting one of the original 12 will be considered a joke, if you are serious be prepared to be lynched, burned, well you get the idea.
Consider always the possibility that everything in any instant could go to s... do not attempt to put order, step aside, take a seat, get your popcorn and enjoy the show.
The ignore button is not always the answer but sometimes is better than lose your head and reason.
If you want likes in your posts, wait until MorbidAltruism appear, she will like everything you post.
Everyone in the following list are great people to know: MorbidAltruism, Mega Bidoof, lonekonwolf, MaskO'Gears, Pacack and SuperBrawler.

.n_n.
Thanks for the post. Very informative. And I will reply to it in a spoiler tag as well.

- Everyone has the right to predict who they think will or won't be cut. Even fan favourites can be cut.
- Same deal with roster predictions. Everyone is on the table and we can all argue over the chance of each one to make it into the roster. Fun times.
- I like Roy tons, others like Chrom, all personal preference.
- Popcorn is yummy I agree.
- I agree the ignore button is a last resort only. And I do not think I should have to use it here.
- Jim is amazing, I will agree. As is Psycrow and evil the cat.
- I bet you are cool. And thanks for the sig offer but I am ok. If I ever feel I need one I will go look at your sig work.
- Likes for my posts are ok, but I don't need them. Helping out the community with chat to make it overall a better place to be is enough for me.
- So far those people on your list have had some pretty good posts here. So I can agree with you there.
- Everyone is crazy? Then I will fit in very well :)
- Only two to a fight? No brawling allowed? :D
- Thanks.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
I would sign up, but I only really have time on Saturday. I guess I'll sit this one out.

But this is a great game to know anyway.

:diddy:
Everyone in the following list are great people to know: MorbidAltruism, Mega Bidoof, lonekonwolf, MaskO'Gears, Pacack, SuperBrawer, and Zhadgon.

.n_n.
Forgot to add yourself there.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕

.n_n.
that actually is a nice well done list, of how to get to know these boards:laugh:
I would sign up, but I only really have time on Saturday. I guess I'll sit this one out.

But this is a great game to know anyway.

Forgot to add yourself there.
ah don't worry about it mate, no one is rushing you to join, if you don't have time, then there always next time right (assuming that this thread lasts that long)

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Can I send mine in later? The roster maker is on my home computer

the8thark

Smash Lord
My Roster

Explanation of my Roster
I wanted 10 instantly recognisable characters. And 10 different game franchises represented so people have the choice. Also I wanted a 50/50 male/female mix. Dixie is female, she just tags along with Diddy and I know Zelda/Tetra is a 2nd Zelda character, but there was not enough good female characters to choose from (same deal with Birdo).

Paper Mario - I wanted Mario but not the same old boring Mario and the paper one I think would work well.
Earthwork Jim - He is a bad ass who is full of win with some really crazy moves. A fan favourite.
Mega Man X - Everyone likes Mega Man but I think the X version of him is more adult and fits into my roster better.
Link - This is the Twilight Princess version of Link complete with wolf form.
Ryu Hayabusa - Complete with all his crazy ninpo from the NES games. Stuff like shooting fire and windmill shuriken.
Toon Zelda + Tetra - I thought Tetra really had some great personality, and add that to a toon Zelda form and I think it'd be fun to play and different to the Zelda/Sheik we are used to.
Samus + Zero Suit - Same thing as Brawl. She pretty much kicks ass.
Diddy + Dixie Kong - Would work a little like Ice Climbers as both are on screen all of the time. But the difference is you swap between which one you want. Just like in the SNES games.
Joanna Dark - Has all the bombs and guns as Snake does.
Birdo - Every roster has to have a joke character. One so bad you only choose it for a challenge or to be laughed at in tournaments. And I needed a 5th female character. Yes I know it's a 2nd Mario universe character, but finding good female characters was hard. This is this roster's joke character.

Characters I wanted to use that were not in the roster maker:
1. Asterix (and or Obelix)
2. Cassandra / Sophita (Soul Calibur 2 GC)

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
I would also like to join, if it's ok.
Is there still enough room for me to join...? I hope so...
If there's still room I would like to sign up.
sure mates, I added ya to the list
Can I send mine in later? The roster maker is on my home computer
ya sure mate, i'll commence the game in a few hours, (gotta finish my studies first)
send it any time between today to Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom