• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Luig

Confused
That chat was cancerous lol

And remind me, why does Sheik's up b go so far, have so much kill potential, and have so much intangibility?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That chat was cancerous lol

And remind me, why does Sheik's up b go so far, have so much kill potential, and have so much intangibility?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)
Because...Shiek

Dream Cancel

It's just good business
NNID
DreamXX
3DS FC
4571-1273-3502
Switch FC
SW-4309-2808-7588
+1 DK
+1 Captain Falcon
+1 Ike
+1 Peach
+1 Greninja

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's on YouTube now, iStudying vs. ESAM, Loser's Finals BEAST 6
Thanks...but ESAM losing to a Greninja with Pikachu?

Pikachu Low Tier Trash Confirmed

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
So it's safe to say that we're going to see a lot of +1:4greninja: for the next couple rounds haha

But seriously, that set -and a bunch of other tourneys that also happened today/recently- really showcased how murky the majority of the cast rank with each other in this game and how the current official list is really nothing more than arbitrarily throwing characters around in between C-G.

Genuine question though, did people really utilise footstool combos as efficiently as istudying did in tournaments before?

D

Deleted member

So it's safe to say that we're going to see a lot of +1:4greninja: for the next couple rounds haha

But seriously, that set -and a bunch of other tourneys that also happened today/recently- really showcased how murky the majority of the cast rank with each other in this game and how the current official list is really nothing more than arbitrarily throwing characters around in between C-G.

Genuine question though, did people really utilise footstool combos as efficiently as istudying did in tournaments before?
Some has used them in the past and they're definitely viable setups. That wasn't a great example, but I don't have the best memory when it comes to finding tournament Greninja clips. Rage can mess them up if you don't know how to adjust the combo.
Ex: iStudying could've changed the 2nd Nair > Dair to something like a Fair, Usmash, (perfect pivot) Ftilt, dash grab, Fsmash, or perfect pivot utilt against ESAM. I don't know how much KB his Nair had off the top of my head so I can't say for certain which of these would have worked...

EDIT: Better example.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charoite

Smash Journeyman

No really, aside from other :4greninja: users.

Last edited:

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
Well, either way, it's awesome to see Greninja get some rep. He's kind of been the underdog (or "underfrog"?) all this time. Hopefully this means more Greninja users. And maybe they can prove that Greninja isn't just some worse Sheik clone (I really don't know why anyone says that).

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
+:4pacman::4villager::4greninja::4zss:
-:4dedede:

I wish I could upvote Pac-Man more. There was a time where the hype for him was increased and he was consistently in Tier 3 in people's tier lists, and that honestly needs to stay. He has all the tools necessary to beat many characters, and even without Abadango, he's still got plenty of representation.

Last edited:

Tizio Random

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TizioRandom
Switch FC
SW 1700 2165 1827
9 Tiers? LMAO for the first time I want to upvote the bottom tiers but I'll leave that for another round.

+1 :4tlink:
+1 :4falcon:
+1 :4lucario:
+1 :4olimar:
+1 :4greninja:

I can't seriously downvote anyone

lbrasz44

Smash Apprentice
No really, aside from other :4greninja: users.
Ahh ok, but that could possibly change now. Reliabily immobilising your opponent is pretty huge, and there are some characters who could utilise them such as Dr Mario, which could lead to more usage to many characters that were slept on, like Greninja.

Also
+1:4wario:
+1:4rob: These two still haven't moved? Must... stay... persistant...
+1:4luigi:
+1:4greninja: Might as well start the train now
+1:4mewtwo: My perception changed of him. In my personal tier list I placed him in B-, roughly around the bottom 20, because his nonexistence in tourneys at the time did not really help determine whether his buffs are actually significant when applied. Now seeing Blue, Mew^2, etc put in work the past month I'm seeing the evidence in their work.

D

Deleted member

:4lucina: -1 Just to bump her down below Marth. The two should be somewhat close to each other but she's not one spot above Marth. Though this is due to the list sorting itself out, so it's not a huge issue.
:4luigi:+1 Luigi definitely should be higher, looks like most people forgot about him when it came to voting. Since things are finally starting to even out I'm giving my vote to him.
:4robinm:+1 Again this is due to the list finally taking form into a decent amount of numbered tiers but Robin def should be higher as well. Solid character at the lower part of mid-tier just like the 4BR tier list has him at. He still has decent rep with people like Dath, Raziek and Johan putting in the work.
:4feroy: -1 Roy has no place in Smash 4's meta. Never before in my life have I seen any results from this character, coupled with him having no notable solo mains bar Sethlon. He has a garbage recovery, weak neutral coupled with a lack of safety (only just made less unsafe by the recent patch, they didn't really fix his problems), is combo food, has no reliable setups into his kill moves, and generally laggy moves despite their fast startup. I legitimately think he is close to a bottom tier character at this point, maybe that'll be swayed when I see others starting to do things with Roy. But even with that aside, he's simply outclassed. Almost every other swordsman in the game has something better to offer.
:4drmario:-1 Even after all the hype he had with Nairo busting him out at MLG, Dr. Mario is still barely relevant. He has counterpick potential per what's been shown, but his mediocre mobility and having one of the worst recoveries in the game really hold him back from being consistently viable at top level.

(...I just realized every character I downvoted was a clone. Don't take this the wrong way lmao)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Right, I'm gonna be focusing on the middle tier for this round, aside from two characters...

+1:4zss: Why is this character not in tier 1 yet? She has next to no loseable matchups and is a totally dominant force in the metagame, and not many weaknesses, unlike...
-1:rosalina:... who is for some reason in S tier. Don't get me wrong, I love her (she's my main), but has no place in S tier whatsoever when she has easily exploitable weaknesses and loseable matchups, unlike ZSS and Sheik who's losable matchups are very rare and have little weaknesses. I still think she's 3rd best as of now, and still a huge force in the metagame, but not above ZSS, and NOT in S tier.

Right...

-1:4charizard:
-1:4drmario:
+1:4rob:

Last edited:

Galgatha

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SinChill
VERSON 3.03 STARTING AT PATCH 1.1.4

1: :4sheik::rosalina:
2::4zss::4sonic:
3::4pikachu::4diddy::4fox::4ryu::4metaknight::4mario::4ness:
4::4bayonetta::4cloud::4corrin::4tlink::4villager::4yoshi:
5::4myfriends::4falcon:(:4darkpit::4pit:):4peach:
6::4lucas::4wario::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4gaw::4greninja::4kirby::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4miigun::4rob::4dk::4mewtwo::4drmario::4falco::4littlemac::4link::4luigi::4megaman::4olimar::4pacman::4robinf::4wiifit::4miibrawl::4miisword:
7::4feroy::4dedede::4palutena::4samus:
8::4shulk::4duckhunt::4ganondorf:
9::4zelda::4jigglypuff:

Holy crap, 9 freaking tiers?? Alrighty start the voting all over again.

+1 :4falco: He should be top of mid tier with his moves and tools.
-1 :4miibrawl:
-1 :4kirby: He is mid, but maybe a bit lower.
+1 :4shulk:Honestly i dont see him as being that low
+1 :4mewtwo: He has the potential

Xandercosm

Smash Lord
NNID
vineto
-1:4sonic: Definitely should not be that high. He has so many issues that keep him out of top 5. Definitely a really great character with some useful tools but I think he should be in the latter half of top 10.
+1:4mario: He could move up a bit.
+1:4rob: DEFINITELY needs to be higher. I think he is a great character. Just super solid with his beep-boop, good aerials, powerful smash attacks, good recovery, and more.
+1:4greninja: I think it's obvious now that he has lots of potential. Yes, he may be harder to use than the likes of Sheik but he has some amazing tools of his own.
+1:4pacman: He's got a lot going for him and people seem to be neglecting that lately. I really think he could go places with the right representation.

Last edited:

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
I'm not gonna vote for Greninja. he's not top tier, so I think we have enough votes for the frog as it is
+1:4shulk:why is he in the bottom 5
-1 :rosalina:
+1:4mario:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
6::4lucas::4wario::4bowser::4bowserjr::4charizard::4gaw::4greninja::4kirby::4lucario::4lucina::4marth::4miigun::4rob::4dk::4mewtwo::4drmario::4falco::4littlemac::4link::4luigi::4megaman::4olimar::4pacman::4robinf::4wiifit::4miibrawl::4miisword:
Btw, I actually like that there are 9 tiers.
+1:4pacman:EXTREMELY underrated, He's actually a good character and has great moves and tricks. If Abadango started using Pac-Man again, people would understand.

+1:4wario:Another underrated character, Reflexwonder sums up in his gamneplay how Wario is. He is REALLY good.

-1:4palutena:Palutena being this high is an insult to the community

+1:4megaman:Please? *Puppy Eyes*

-1:4link:Oh my god no. This character is the 6th worst.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
-1 :4bowserjr:
+1 :4pikachu: I believe Pikachu is tier 2 at minimum, he's quite stronk from my experience.
+1 :4feroy: Roy, my man, why are you down there? Having a off day?
-1:rosalina: +1:4zss: Happy Opposite day you two. :) Hope you two enjoy it before the 22nd ends.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Btw, I actually like that there are 9 tiers.
+1:4pacman:EXTREMELY underrated, He's actually a good character and has great moves and tricks. If Abadango started using Pac-Man again, people would understand.

+1:4wario:Another underrated character, Reflexwonder sums up in his gamneplay how Wario is. He is REALLY good.

-1:4palutena:Palutena being this high is an insult to the community

+1:4megaman:Please? *Puppy Eyes*

-1:4link:Oh my god no. This character is the 6th worst.
Well I link got top 16 at a recent Europe tourney Esam was in.

But now my votes

+1:4peach:
+1:4darkpit:/:4pit:
-1:4link:
+1:4lucario:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
Well, now that the tiers have spread out a bit more, I feel comfortable voting here.
+1:4zss:
+1:4shulk:
-1:4miibrawl:
-1:4lucina:

Routa

Smash Lord
I'm not 100% sure if everyone got that Miis are voted with their full moveset available. Not sure if people downvote them due to lack of knowledge or something els.

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
I'm not 100% sure if everyone got that Miis are voted with their full moveset available. Not sure if people downvote them due to lack of knowledge or something els.
Yeah, Browny Browny , you should probably note somewhere on the first post and any update posts you make that Mii's are default size with ANY custom moves. It would keep people from making uneducated votes about the Miis thinking they're 1111.

Top Bottom