• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
That's all true...but she's still pretty bad. Her aerials are still lackluster overall (the powerful sweetspots are too small and the sourspots are useless), neutral B and side B are trash, and she barely has any options in neutral. Not the worst anymore (as she IMO was before yesterday's patch), but probably still bottom 10.

Browny

Smash Hater
Don't waste your votes on these characters, because the result is practically decided:
:4sheik:+11 (up to tier 1)
:rosalina:-12 (down to tier 2)
:4feroy: +8 (up to tier 4)

Characters currently moving up a tier:
:4mario:
+6 (up to tier 3)
:4link: +5 (up to tier 4)
:4gaw: +4 (up to tier 5)
:4lucina: +5 (up to tier 6) (this is the same tier that Marth is headed to)

Characters currently moving down a tier:
:4marth:-4 (down to tier 6) (accidentally didn't include him in the last list)

Characters about to move up a tier: (one up-vote away)
:4metaknight: +3 (would go up to tier 3)
:4villager: +3 (would go up to tier 3)
:4duckhunt: +3 (would go up to tier 4)
:4palutena: +3 (would go up to tier 6)
:4drmario: +3 (would go up to tier 5)
:4miisword: +3 (would go up to tier 7) (note that this would leave tier 8 empty)

Characters about to move down a tier: (one down-vote away)
:4pacman: -2 (would go down to tier 4)
:4myfriends:-2 (would go down to tier 5)
Doing this is not smart because by the time I get around to counting votes, everything here could be wrong outside of the obvious big moves in sheik and rosalina.

If you want to do it fine but I have instructed people to only base their votes off the list as-is, and the time you spent compiling that is probably not going to be worthwhile.

I don't want people making their votes based on current trends, only on the list as it is.

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
Doing this is not smart because by the time I get around to counting votes, everything here could be wrong outside of the obvious big moves in sheik and rosalina.

If you want to do it fine but I have instructed people to only base their votes off the list as-is, and the time you spent compiling that is probably not going to be worthwhile.

I don't want people making their votes based on current trends, only on the list as it is.
Yeah, I realized that after seeing the results. It was a bad idea. I don't plan to do it again.

Last edited:

Eisen

Smash Ace
NNID
AndroidPolaris
:4dk:+ I've seen/faced a lot of solid DK play lately. He has some potential in the right hands.
:4lucas:+ Starting to switch to Lucas as a main simply because of how much better he is than :4shulk:. He's not Ness, but definitely a solid character; he probably deserves a few spots higher than his current one. He has Ness' comboability without the EZ-PZ kill options, basically, but his kill options are still potent in the right hands.
:4kirby:+ I had no idea how good this character was until recently.

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
-1 :4samus:
+1 :4miisword:
+1 :4charizard:

Swordfighter should not be bottom tier, let alone in a tier of his own.

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
... I see what you did there wintermelon and yeah I did forget, SOZ M8s

UPDATED :)

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
:4dedede:-1
:4samus: -1
:4zss:+1

A bottom tier of DDD and Samus is a good start. They both get hard-countered by a plethora of characters.

Marth was too low before this latest patch. Now he's really too low.

Last edited:

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
:4lucario::4jigglypuff::4peach:+1

Super underrated (in doubles at least, in Jiggs' case).

D

Deleted member 269706

+Lucina
+Ganon
+Zelda

Damn, this game is more balanced than I thought...Voting is getting to be pretty difficult.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
+1:4charizard:*chuckle* Seriously, guys? Tier 6? C'mon, that's just silly.
+1:4bowserjr:See above.
-1:4metaknight:No.
The list was starting to look so good, too... Now we've got Greninja in tier 5.

Last edited:

hiramsthoughts

Smash Apprentice
+Metaknight guys you have no idea, but you'll see soon enough
-Wario, Pacman they're good but not as good as anyone else on tier 3

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :4sheik:

2: :rosalina: :4zss:

3: :4pikachu: :4luigi: :4sonic: :4ness: :4yoshi: :4fox: :4diddy: :4wario: :4pacman: :4mario: :4metaknight:

4: :4falcon: :4villager: :4lucario: :4peach: :4olimar: :4rob: :4darkpit: :4pit::4ryu: :4lucas: :4myfriends: :4feroy: :4link: :4duckhunt: :4kirby:
5: :4megaman::4tlink::4shulk::4greninja::4falco::4miibrawl::4jigglypuff::4dk::4robinf::4gaw::4wiifit:

6: :4marth: :4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4zelda: :4mewtwo: :4lucina: :4palutena:

7: :4samus: :4dedede: :4ganondorf: :4miigun: :4miisword:

@ Browny Browny I didn't mean it rudly, I was just asking. Geez

Anyway my votes

THE FIRST THREE ARE MY REAL VOTES. THE REST ARE OTHER CHARACTERS I THINK SHOULD MOVE. ANY POST SAYING I'M BREAKING THE RULES WILL BE REPORTED.

+1:4megaman: ...what. (Good projectile usage, great ko power, great ssmashes and airs, espicially up air.)
+1:4shulk:...what. (Great range, Monados make him sometimes hard to ko, makes it easy for him to ko you, makes it good for him to rack up damage, makes him good at recovering, or makes him really fast.)
-1:4wiifit:Wanted to vote up Bowser jr but nooooooooooooo, we gotta have Wii Fit Trainer where she would be on a customs tier list. serisualy why is she going up.

+1:4bowserjr: Great ko power, good range,
+1:4charizard:Probably should be in the same tier as Donkey Kong and Ganon- oh, wait.
+1:4ganondorf:Bottom 5. really.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
+1:4dedede:Same as Ganondorf
+1:4kirby:Should still go up like 10 more spots, my god the horribleness if this list.
-1:4feroy:...Serisualy? He's litertatly so overated that I think that Roy's my Girl.
-1:4myfriends:^
-1:4gaw:He went up, yet, Charizard, and Bowser Jr. This is just too hilarious.
+1:4villager:Better than Pac-Man and Meta Knight
+1:4falcon:^
-1:4pacman:Want him below Mario, Villager, and Captain Falcon, but like where he is too and want to immediattaly go up afterwards. Before he goes down below characters that he IS better than.
-1:4metaknight:^
+1:4littlemac:Little Higher
-1:4mewtwo:Why not?
-1:4falco:Are you kidding me?
-1:4lucario:Little too high
-1:4link:Toon Link is better

Probably other things I'm missing but whatever

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Jigglypuff rose again! Maybe there's hope for humans yet.
:4fox:-1 (I can't see him this high when he can no longer mash A to win)
:4drmario:+1
:4jigglypuff:+1 To offset some of the negative votes.

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
WHY did you vote WFT up?

Looking around the Fox boards, his new jab-lock and down specical help him enough to that his metagame is only slightly worse.
BECAUSE I CAN

and I think WiiFit can easily get to top twenty. They fixed his grab game so now he can grab even crouching Kirby. His ONLY problem is range.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
+1 for :4duckhunt::4pit:and :4robinf:
-1 for :4metaknight::4olimar: and :4myfriends:
Only three in total, not 3 for each minus/plus

BECAUSE I CAN

and I think WiiFit can easily get to top twenty. They fixed his grab game so now he can grab even crouching Kirby. His ONLY problem is range.
"Top Tewenty"

please. Even if we didn't know 50% of what she can do, she still woudn't be that high

And wait wat that moment when you thought they only buffed Sun Salutation healing...... but they actually made it impossible for a character to cruch under them. And that character is your main. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
That's all true...but she's still pretty bad. Her aerials are still lackluster overall (the powerful sweetspots are too small and the sourspots are useless), neutral B and side B are trash, and she barely has any options in neutral. Not the worst anymore (as she IMO was before yesterday's patch), but probably still bottom 10.
"NEUTRAL B IS BAD"

I'm honestly convinced that you haven't seen Zelda or you just don't know **** about her. Nayru's Love escapes Jab Cancels, has invincibility, catches rolls, and is great oos.

In neutral, she has dtilt as a great option. SH nair is a big Zelda approach and she has good range to space.

the only part you got right was her aerial game lacklusting as a whole.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
I honestly think that a buffed Din's Fire and more powerful sour spots on lightning kicks and possibly less lag (so you don't get punished and it would significantly help approach) would be enough to get her to mid tier. The buffs she's received recently are a big help, but these would push her out of the lower end easily.

Top Bottom