• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
There's no tournaments near where I live, and I'm not old enough to drive a car, let alone buy an airplace ticket and go to EVO or Apex

Fuerzo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Erudites
I dunno about Kirby--he has poor mobility and not much of a neutral game.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I'm not saying Kirby is bad. I just want to hear reasoning why he should be that high, as I've never heard people placing him that high. I know what his main issues are though: lack of approach, poor aerial speed, and terrible default specials

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
I'm not saying Kirby is bad. I just want to hear reasoning why he should be that high, as I've never heard people placing him that high. I know what his main issues are though: lack of approach, poor aerial speed, and terrible default specials
In short, great air attacks, great comboing, good throws, great up tilt, good down tilt and side tilt, great smash attacks, can use anyone's neutral special, good jab, good recovery, and an OPdown taunt

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
In short, great air attacks, great comboing, good throws, great up tilt, good down tilt and side tilt, great smash attacks, can use anyone's neutral special, good jab, good recovery, and an OPdown taunt
He's also very lightweight. His Fsmash is kinda slow and requires a good read. Usmash is pretty good. Dsmash doesn't KO at low enough percentages I believe to be considered a viable KO option, tho I believe it's his fastest smash attack? I'm not entirely sure as I haven't played as Kirby in Sm4sh in quite awhile.

Browny

Smash Hater
I can only begin to imagine how Browny even has the patience to deal with the plethora of people that can't seem to realize that this tier list is only a work in progress and won't ever be completely accurate in the first place... :facepalm:
I just ignore everything that isn't a vote

Yoshi +1

Shulk, Greninja -1

UPDATED :)

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4zss:-1: Don't get me wrong, ZSS is definitely a top 5 character in my eyes, but I don't feel like she stacks up to Sheik and Rosalina levels of good.
:4shulk:+1: The fastest, strongest, and heaviest character in the game with insane reach on his attacks to boot... and people think he's bad??
:4charizard:+1: Giving Charizard a kill throw and a combo throw probably made him the best heavyweight in the game right now (unless you consider R.O.B. a heavyweight.)

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1: :4sheik: :rosalina: :4zss: :4luigi:

2: :4pikachu: :4sonic: :4ness: :4yoshi:

3: :4fox: :4diddy: :4falcon: :4mario: :4villager: :4lucario: :4metaknight: :4peach: :4wario: :4megaman: :4olimar: :4rob: :4feroy: :4darkpit: :4pit::4ryu:

4: :4shulk::4kirby::4myfriends::4lucas::4greninja::4pacman::4link::4falco::4miibrawl:

5: :4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4jigglypuff: :4littlemac: :4tlink: :4duckhunt: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4palutena:

6: :4marth: :4robinf: :4gaw: :4mewtwo::4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4dedede: :4dk: :4samus: :4wiifit: :4miigun:

7: :4zelda: :4miisword:
+ 1 :4marth:
+ 1:4dedede:
+ 1 :4miigun: Godly projectile and ranging game but has some very nasty flaws, I'd put Gunner around tier 5, give or take a bit.

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
Warning Received
1: :4sheik: :rosalina: :4zss: :4luigi:

2: :4pikachu: :4sonic: :4ness: :4yoshi:

3: :4fox: :4diddy: :4falcon: :4mario: :4villager: :4lucario: :4metaknight: :4peach: :4wario: :4megaman: :4olimar: :4rob: :4feroy: :4darkpit: :4pit::4ryu:
4: :4shulk: :4kirby: :4myfriends: :4lucas: :4greninja: :4pacman: :4link: :4falco: :4miibrawl:

5: :4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4jigglypuff: :4littlemac: :4tlink: :4duckhunt: :4bowser: :4charizard: :4palutena:

6: :4marth: :4robinf: :4gaw: :4mewtwo::4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4dedede: :4dk: :4samus: :4wiifit: :4miigun:

7: :4zelda: :4miisword:

+1:4kirby: Are people THIS stupid? Great Throws, Great smashes, Amazing air attacks, Great tilts (Espicially up tilt) good recovery, can use anyone's neutral special, A good pummel, good jab, and he's considering middle tier?????? Next time, please do us a favor, and PLAY the character BEFORE you vote them down

+1:4shulk:Monado arts and range is too good for 25th.

+1:4fox:I agree with him going down, assuming he'll go back up this round.... At least, I would have if Ness went down too.

-1:4ness:^

+1:4dedede:Knockback, damage and range is too good for this low, espicially considering he can actually combo, unlike other people near there

+1:4pacman:He DIDN'T go up last time? Great recovery, range, and KO Power, and THIS Happened

-1:4metaknight:He's good, but this spot is too high

-1:4lucario:^

+1:4tlink:I'm almost laughing right now

+1:4zelda:she's way better than the Mii Gunner, THAT's for sure

+1:4dk:How did he drop back down here again?

-1:4greninja:Please tell me this spot is a joke

-1:4bowser:And the overhypeing from the 3ds days start again........

+1:4mario:Think he could go up just one tier

+1:4diddy:^

+1:4pikachu:^

+1:4jigglypuff:^ This tower of arrows..... Btw she has a great air and comboing game, and good specials, hence why I vote her up

-1:4falco:Not THAT good

-1:4palutena:This is a no-customs list, there's not enough good attacks for this tier

Srrsly, this version is absoluty horrible. I really wish this was a joke, but unfortentnly, it isn't.... So............................

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah that feels so good.

And @ Browny Browny I think Pikachu got 3 up votes

Last edited by a moderator:

Levateinn

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lev_Zoravkov
3DS FC
0275-7009-2978
-:4yoshi:
+:4diddy:
+:4falcon:

just seems like to me like spots 8-11 are slightly out of order, and diddlerkiddler is dropping too low, he is still a beast.

TOP 7 looks spot on for our meta imo.

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
All 3 heavily underrated
:4zelda: +1 Requires precision, but can be deadly in the right hands.
:4wiifit: +1 Similar, but with a better projectile game and incredible mobility
:4miigun: +1 Doesn't kill until late, but lays on damage so easily that doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
+1 :4tlink: As a dedicated Toon Link main, I'd say that he's a very solid mid-tier.
+1 :4zelda: Why do people keep voting Zelda down? She's not the worst character in the game, and she just got some good buffs.
+1 :4lucas:I think that in time, Lucas will showcase quite a lot to offer competitively.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
+1 :4tlink: As a dedicated Toon Link main, I'd say that he's a very solid mid-tier.
+1 :4zelda: Why do people keep voting Zelda down? She's not the worst character in the game, and she just got some good buffs.
+1 :4lucas:I think that in time, Lucas will showcase quite a lot to offer competitively.
It's not that she's being voted down, it's that she's not getting voted up.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Zionaze:smash:

Srrsly, PLEASE tell me that was only a counter, if you honestly think Kirby deservs to be lower than you don't know anything about smash
I would like it if you'd stop trying to put me and others down for having an opinion that you also are trying to shove down peoples throats.

superange

Smash Cadet
NNID
superange128
3DS FC
1032-2052-1009
+1:4robinf:
-1 :4lucina:
+1:4dk:

What we have now is somewhat close though.

I'm interested to see how much EVO will change a lot of people's opinions.

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Every time someone votes Zelda down, a part of me dies:

:4zelda:+1: She needs time to master, but she's worth it.

:4lucina:+1:Inb4 people vote her down... again.

:4miigun:+1: I know this is without customs but still Mii Gunner is good.

I wanted to vote for the Puff but she'll eventually find her way up to middle tier <3

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
+:4bowserjr:Mid-tier sounds like a better spot
+:4tlink:(It feels weird up voting my mains) More justified than Bowser Jr. moving up
-:4kirby:I've only ever really had much trouble with Kirby when they spam Up-B or only kirbycide with me, but that's more of a me problem for those instances

shadowmm151

Smash Apprentice
:4myfriends:+1
:4feroy::4ryu:-1. I love playing both of them (in fact Our Boy is one of my mains), but until they have some results I can put them in lower high tier.

_gold_

Smash Master
:4zss:+1 (because Nairo)
:4pacman:+1 (because Abadango)
:4metaknight:-1 (he's starting to be discovered... but he shouldn't be that high)

Last edited:

neohopeSTF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
abcdefgf
Switch FC
SW-0259-5915-4107
-1 :4palutena:def bottom tier without customs
- 1:4ganondorf:same boat as Palutena
+1 :4miisword: has potential even without customs

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
I would like it if you'd stop trying to put me and others down for having an opinion that you also are trying to shove down peoples throats.
Feel free to ignore literally every single post in this thread that isnt a vote, you dont have to explain anything, or listen to anyone elses explanation.

@ Wintermelon43 Wintermelon43 this is your second warning not to make a post which is solely questioning other peoples votes and nothing else.

You can either make a post to cast your vote in this thread, let me know if there was mistakes (I only counted 2 pikachu votes again) or just discuss general ideas for how this thread can work such as adding gaps, grouping the Pits etc.

Last edited:

Paxadin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paxadin
3DS FC
2767-1146-9743
This is an example of the required reply to this thread. At this point in time the maximum amount of votes is THREE per period. I will update the thread title when a new voting period begins.
Just to make sure I understand, is the voting period the 4 day gap before the list is updated, or is it longer than that?
Simple version of the question is, can I vote again every time the list is updated over 4 days?

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
Ok I know the last 2/3 voting periods i voted Kirby up, but the more and more I think about it, Kirby should be in this spot with at least 1 good rep. Multiple reps i can see Wintermelons idea, but thats with customs imo. So alas, here are my votes.-
Kirby -1(read Above)
Zelda +1 (she is definetly not the 2nd worst character with the buffs she had.)
Wii Fit Trainer(underatted as hell. She/he can easily be used if someone put the work into her but no one does. She has so much untapped potential and I think shes ATLEAST High Low tier and I THINK shes bottom of mid.)

Top Bottom