• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4pit:+1: Again, should be at least the same tier as Edgy Pit.
:4charizard:+1: I... what???
:4feroy:
+1: Call me crazy, but I actually think he's a good character. Yeah, I know, freakin' nuts, right? Absolutely unheard of...

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
:4feroy:+1: Call me crazy, but I actually think he's a good character. Yeah, I know, freakin' nuts, right? Absolutely unheard of...
"But I actually think he's a good character. Absolutely unheard of..."

And then there's the 90% of people that agree with that statement lol

_gold_

Smash Master
I'm not meaning to boast about it, because I didn't even do that good. However, if I can beat a fairly decent Sheik player with supposedly one of the worst fighters in the game, Samus, then perhaps she needs a bit more respect on the tier list.
This guy really liked to grab.

Last edited:

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
+:4pit:With Dark Pit
+:4pacman:He has similar potential to the characters in the tier above, in my opinion
-:4kirby:It's not that I think he's bad, it's more so that I do not think he is equal to the others in the tier, he's not bad...

Zionaze

Smash Ace
tbh everyone saids sheik is the best character yadada but if the person doesn't fully understand how sheik works, then sheik really only looks like a B-tier character

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
+1 :4marth: I don't really get the stream of downvotes he's been getting. I know he's not great but definitely mid tier material, his buffs were significant enough to warrant that, imo.
-1 :4darkpit: I see him/pit as solid upper mid material, which is where tier 4 seems to be forming. I just don't see him as on the same level as Diddy, falcon, mario, etc)
+1 :4feroy: I'd say he definitely belongs in the lower end of tier 3 atm.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Reference:
Version 2.08 July 13. THREE VOTES ONLY FROM NOW ON

1: :4sheik: :rosalina: :4zss: (What is this all girls club tier?)

2: :4pikachu: :4sonic: :4fox: :4ness:

3: :4luigi::4yoshi: :4diddy: :4falcon: :4mario: :4villager: :4lucario: :4metaknight: :4peach: :4wario: :4kirby: :4megaman: :4olimar: :4rob: :4shulk: :4darkpit:

4::4myfriends::4ryu::4lucas::4feroy::4pit::4greninja::4pacman::4link:

5: :4miibrawl: :4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4falco: :4jigglypuff: :4littlemac: :4tlink: :4duckhunt: :4bowser:

6: :4marth: :4robinf: :4gaw: :4charizard: :4mewtwo::4ganondorf: :4lucina: :4dedede: :4palutena: :4dk: :4samus:

7: :4wiifit: :4zelda: :4miigun: :4miisword:

:4luigi: +1: Should be in the second-highest tier (especially should be with Pikachu)
:4wiifit: +1: Definitely better than some characters higher than her.
:4pit: +1: Dark Pit and Pit are almost the same character, so they should be very close to each other.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
inb4 luigi goes back to 1 tier, falls to 3 tier, goes back to 1 tier, falls to 3 tier, and so on

Abbey Street

Smash Apprentice
NNID
abbeystreet
3DS FC
4511-0701-9758
+:4ganondorf::4ryu:
-:4lucas:

Also, the online services for Smash Bros went down recently, which implies the possibility of a forthcoming patch. Just be conscious of potential balance changes (assuming there are any) for now.

And then I go place votes for two dlc characters. Good one me.

Last edited:

SwoodGrommet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RIPinpieces
3DS FC
3652-0583-3903
+:4ganondorf::4ryu:
-:4lucas:

Also, the online services for Smash Bros went down recently, which implies the possibility of a forthcoming patch. Just be conscious of potential balance changes (assuming there are any) for now.
Why would you get my hopes up like this? Are they still down?

Paxadin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Paxadin
3DS FC
2767-1146-9743
Why are people wasting votes on tearing apart Kirby, Zelda, and all those characters at bottom when they could upvote a character that needs it.
Seems so counter productive, I feel like the tier list this time around is just going to be a huge mess for tiers 2 or 3 and lower.
Although it always kind of is.

Last edited:

ZetaRokure

Smash Cadet
+1:4lucario:(Don't give him the lead...his immensely formidable attacks can decimate your second stock with a singular Forward Smash, or be utilized to prolong a lead wit projectile zoning.)
-1 :4zss: (I vehemently disagree w/ a top three placement. She is outclassed by her top tier contemporaries and possesses a combo game incomparable to Luigi's. Nairo placed admirably at CEO, though the main contributor to this was player aptitude.)
-1 :4link: (So they buffed his grab game? He is still decimated in core matchups due to his over-reliance on projectiles.)

The Puffer

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-1171-5786
Just because it looks like I´m the only one who believes in them:

:4zelda:,:4palutena:,:4miigun: + 1

David Viran

Smash Lord
-1 :4zss: (I vehemently disagree w/ a top three placement. She is outclassed by her top tier contemporaries and possesses a combo game incomparable to Luigi's. Nairo placed admirably at CEO, though the main contributor to this was player aptitude.)
Luigi may have a better true combo game but zss is better at kepping people in a disadvanteous position and in turn can get better reward.

Last edited:

SpottedCerberus

Smash Journeyman
I've decided to focus on the bottom part of the tier list for now, because someone has to.

-1 :4dedede:: I know that the people who think he's higher up like to talk about his strengths, but they always mention facts about him in himself, instead of mentioning his match-ups. He has a lot of terrible match-ups and not a lot of good ones to make up for it. He's lost the abilities that made him hard counter so much of the Brawl cast. His specials are awkward, and his attacks are laggy. He's bottom-tier because he is as close to irrelevant as it gets in the Sm4sh metagame. He gets destroyed by a lot of characters, and he doesn't really have any good match-ups that come close to compensating for that. His match-ups against the higher tiered characters tend to be especially bad, although he apparently does surprisingly well against Sheik. He depends too much on his opponents mistakes and lack of proper match-up knowledge. Really, I think he doesn't have anywhere to go but down from here. I know, you like him. I'm sorry. I like him too. He's cool. But he's also bad. Let's be realistic.

-1 :4littlemac: I don't think he's quite bottom tier. But he belongs in the second to last one for sure. He has some good match-ups that people tend to overlook, although he still is hard countered by a lot of characters. He's close to bottom-tier. But probably not quite there. He's not completely irrelevant to the Meta-game. And, as long as Luigi is a commonly used character, Little Mac will always have some relevance as a potential counter-pick. People really struggle to deal with good Little Macs.

+1 :4tlink: I've been saying that Toon Link is definitively superior to Link for a while now. It seemed like people were starting to come around to this opinion, so it's odd that Link is above him here. Toon Link has better match-ups. He doesn't struggle against as many characters, due to his speed and mobility, and he causes more problems for more of the cast. I'm pretty much sure that he's competitively viable. I'm not so sure about Link.

Other comments:
:4sheik:: I think that Sheik might belong in a tier of her own. Nobody else even compares to the kind of match-up spread she has. Rosalina and Zero Suit have some big things holding them back, despite their enormous strengths.

:4luigi:: I've given up on Luigi. He'll be voted back up for now, but it won't last. He will drop in the tier list significantly as the metagame develops.

:4feroy:: First people were overrating Roy, and now it seems like they're underrating him to compensate. He's incredibly mobile and strong. He has weaknesses, such as his recovery, but he ought to be a tier higher than he is now.

:4pacman:: What's holding this guy back? His bonus fruit is one of the best projectiles in the game, and he has insane stage control. He's an extremely versatile character. He just has so many strategies and tricks that it's not possible for any opponent to know the match-up very well, unless they have him as a secondary. His recovery is also incredible. It's also been established that Rosa is not the hard counter we once thought she was. With proper strategy, every game in this match-up will go to time. It's awful, but still. Pac-Man mains have learned to deal with Rosa, and now it's either dead even or slightly in Rosa's favor. Sonic is still bad, but Pac has some very strong MUs overall.

:4marth:: Ought to be in a tier above Lucina. The tipper really does make the character. Also, the slightly extended range is actually kind of noticeable on stages like battlefield.

:4charizard:: Belongs a tier up. He isn't that bad. I'm tired of typing things, so I won't elaborate.

Tier 3 is way too big. People like to think that their character, even if clearly short of top-tier, is higher than mid-tier.

ZetaRokure

Smash Cadet
Luigi may have a better true combo game but zss is way better at kepping people in a disadvanteous position and in turn can easily get better reward.
True, and perhaps ZSS is superior to Luigi overall, but she is notably inferior to both Sheik and Rosalina's OVERWHELMING advantages over the remainder of the cast, with their ridiculous blinding rapidness and aggression and impenetrable zoning, respectively.

David Viran

Smash Lord
True, and perhaps ZSS is superior to Luigi overall, but she is notably inferior to both Sheik and Rosalina's OVERWHELMING advantages over the remainder of the cast, with their ridiculous blinding rapidness and aggression and impenetrable zoning, respectively.
You're talking about the top 2 characters and that would put her at best top 3 which you are arguing against.

Top Bottom