• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

davider98

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2638-2230-9690
Not enough Hoo haas, diddy is good but not the best, his true combo if DIed correctly, doesn't deal that more damage, also diddy doesn't have an OoS option nor spacing tool(fair is ungrabbable but laggy), also diddy is a fast faller which hurts him a lot when he needs to recover, on the other hand sheik has a solid recovery, wall jump, bouncing fish and up b. Diddy is overated and easier to use but i see more potential on sheik. In my opinion it should be this way...
S+
:4sheik:Sheik (best moves to edge guard, moves that combo into itself to and edge guard opportunity, speed, and she is the only one who can deal with a good diddy)
S
:4diddy:Diddy kong (his aerials are good because they are fast and his combo breaker is his main kill move [Uair])
:4sonic:Sonic (fast, relatively safe to spam side b, good kill potential)

Last edited:

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
:4diddy::4sonic::4sheik:

If :4sheik:had a bit more kill power, she'd be in the middle. I find it pretty easy to gimp her so her recovery can be flawed. Has a good projectile, easy and decent combos.

I'm not sure if :4diddy: should be in his own tier, so I'll leave it as it is. He's still above everyone else for his ease of use and... Well everything really. What is bad about him?

:4sonic: doesn't have many flaws. Got everything he needed from Brawl to make him good. Amazing speed, although most of his aerials have landing lag, but that is easily avoided. Good kill moves, although his USmash can be hard to land if you're not familiar with it. Easy combos to rack up damage quickly. Amazing recovery.

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Not enough Hoo haas, diddy is good but not the best, his true combo if DIed correctly, doesn't deal that more damage, also diddy doesn't have an OoS option nor spacing tool(fair is ungrabbable but laggy), also diddy is a fast faller which hurts him a lot when he needs to recover, on the other hand sheik has a solid recovery. Diddy is overated and easier to use but i see more potential on sheik. In my opinion it should be this way... (pikachu was good at the beginning, but the meta has evolved)
S+
:4sheik:Sheik (best moves to edge guard, moves that combo into itself to and edge guard opportunity, speed)
S
:4diddy:Diddy kong
:4sonic:Sonic (fast, he is relatively safe with side b, good killpower)
:rosalina:Rosalina and :starman:luma (range, priority, power)
:4zss:ZSS (combos, frame data, recovery, paralyzer)
Yeah, this is cool and all but you gotta remove Rosa and ZSS so the vote counts :/

Twixist

Smash Rookie
This list is not to bad for a starting point. Its interesting to see it come to this. I'm surprised Sonic made it so far up. I considered him to be up there for sure, but not in an S tier. When I think of a character that does pretty well in a match with Sheik and Diddy, Sonic is one of the first that comes to mind.

Idk if its just me, but I think Sonic is one of the rare answers to the "Legendary OP Diddy". Diddy is definitely not near MetaKnight level when it comes to being OP. Every option about MetaKnight was pretty OP in Brawl, including his recovery. Diddy's recovery is not that great at all. It's not the worst in the game, but without the side-B, it's pretty bad. I'm practically a Diddy main at this point. If some is trying to gimp your Up-B and you're not consciously trying to switch it up and be smart, then its pretty easy for you to get rekt.

Anyways If we're going by this current meta and everyone elses opinion
:4diddy: :4sheik: :4sonic:

Alot of people would put Diddy in his own tier and call him the new MetaKinght, but I think hes pretty overrated. Shiek might be in her own S+ tier someday, but at this point, the game is still new, and people haven't mastered her yet, so she could be a tiny bit underrated. At this point idk if Sonic should be right up there at number 3, but he really is top tier material.

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

All tiers finished and I do read the posts in this thread, so I am allowing a wildcard round where 3 characters total will be allowed to move. Please refer to the updated OP. On the 25th of March, I am calling it. Tallying up the wildcard votes and thats it, the list is finished for version 1.0.

CONFIRMING THAT YOU CAN ONLY VOTE FOR 2 CHARACTERS, BUT I WILL MOVE THREE IN THE END. JUST IGNORE THE WORD THREE AND VOTE FOR 2 ONLY.

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Kirby +1: Match-ups with top tiers are not that bad (Unless its Yoshi), has a great combo game, can rack up damage easily, has a high tier edge guarding game, and I'm really only voting him further up to ease some weight on people pushing him down. He deserves this tier, but anything more up could be a stretch until more things are figured out about him. His moves also come out REALLY quick and end quick, his moves have some of the best frame data in the game.

Meta Knight +1: Underrated. Combo heavy, fast, can get damage. Only his range keeps him down, but it isn't THAT bad.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
:4palutena: +1 (She's waaay too low on this list and it's disgusting that she's below Zelda of all characters. Japan doesn't even think she's bottom 15 anymore and they've been very harsh on her ever since 3DS came out)

:4kirby: -1 (Why is he above Dark Pit, Bowser, Ike, and Pac-Man? Why is he right next to Wario and Pit?)

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
+1 :4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff has guaranteed rest combos, has wall of pain again, and her dash attack has so much priority it can clash with every ground move, even trumping bowser fsmash and trading with fully aura smash with jiggs at 0% Any list where puff is this low needs a little adjusting.

-1:4kirby: Hitboxes so close to his body, moves are weak, not great priority. He has combos, but shouldn't be that high

#LetsLowerKirby

btw @ RedCap-BlueSpikes RedCap-BlueSpikes @ A-money2121 A-money2121 @ Macchiato Macchiato @ Qispichiq Qispichiq and @ Kirby Dragons Kirby Dragons you can only vote for 2 characters with +1/-1 each

AirJordans

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
haventthewit
Switch FC
SW-6898-5786-4663
CONFIRMING THAT YOU CAN ONLY VOTE FOR 2 CHARACTERS, BUT I WILL MOVE THREE IN THE END. JUST IGNORE THE WORD THREE AND VOTE FOR 2 ONLY.
and I'm pretty sure you can't give +2 or -2 to a character. Ya'll need to read

Last edited:

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
Falco +1, Kirby -1.

Falco can hit hard, has nice footsies, and really good edgeguards.

Kirby's attacks are punishable, have low priorities, and small hitboxes.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4jigglypuff: + 1 Laughably underrated, Wall of Pain still exists, Best punish in the game, probably has the best airgame, Ground game isn't good but is still massively buffed from Brawl.

:4pit: - 1 He shouldn't be this far from Dark Pit.

SamBamBamz

Smash Rookie
NNID
SamBamBamz
3DS FC
0216-1540-8113
+1 :4robinm: Robin is underrated, and I feel he/she should get more recognition as a character. All the tools to chain, heal, and combo is the best. Plus, the books. Don't get me started on the books. Don't believe me? PM me and I'll show you.

-1 :4zss: She's too overrated, yes her later gun is good but takes too much lag time to finish out of it and can be easily avoided. Combos usually start with the laser gun too, but once again isn't all that great. Zero just got lucky with the items at Evo 2014 on Nintendo's Smash tourney Invitational with her.

Last edited:
Top Bottom