• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
If I can beat a professional I can make a case for someone being better than someone else? That might be the dumbest argument ever.
Apparently I'm suffering from the horrible plague known as "I destroy Ike's with Lucina (the weaker of Marcina) and I don't think I've ever lost to a Robin." In fact I just beat the snot out of a Robin earlier today with Marth.

lmao

do you know that for glory is full of baddies

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:4ganondorf::4lucina::4zelda::4falco::4dk::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4littlemac::4samus:

Falco +2
DK +2
Bowser Jr. +2
Dark Pit -2
Samus -1

Vote for DK to go up and Samus to go down.

Xyrohip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Xyrohip
:4ganondorf::4lucina::4zelda::4falco::4dk::4bowserjr::4darkpit::4littlemac::4samus:

Falco +2
DK +2
Bowser Jr. +2
Dark Pit -2
Samus -1

Vote for DK to go up and Samus to go down.
You can't move samus that low down. No character can move more than two spots. I.e samus is originally placed 5 so you cannot place her below 7. Same with dark pit and Donkey Kong.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
:4lucina::4ganondorf::4samus::4falco::4zelda::4darkpit::4littlemac::4dk::4bowserjr:
I vote falco up 1 tier & Zelda down 1 tier
Jiggly u did it wrong. You can only move characters 2 up or 2 down
Cedy you can only move charscters up or down 2 spots. So you can't put ganon lower than 3rd etc.
I'd love to agree with you on the Marcina issue. I love marth. He was my 3rd main till last week. He's still in my top 5 but I can see robin being better than both. I disagree with Ike's placing however robin has a amazing spacing game. I love Marth and I wish he was better but his current tools are not enough to bring him up much. His moves have way 2 much lag. For example his down air. It doesn't even spike. Fair strings are not nearly as good as they used to be. I believe Marth is much better than Ike but I can't say the same for Robins. And aside from robin we still have characters such as Rosalina, Shiek, Yoshi(Can't be hurt in second jump)
Ya gotta slow down with them posts man, one at a time, or you could get infracted for spam.

Saturn_

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Saturn.1000
:4ganondorf: - I vote to move him UP one tier
:4lucina: - I vote to move her DOWN one tier

Of the remainder:
:4darkpit::4zelda::4falco::4samus::4bowserjr::4littlemac::4dk:

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
I vote for :4ganondorf: +1 tier and :4samus: -1 tier. Samus is the only non-Mii character who has never gotten a confirmed tournament win, while Ganon has more confirmed wins than even Yoshi.

Rest of my votes:

:4lucina::4darkpit::4falco::4zelda::4dk::4littlemac::4bowserjr:

New_Dumal

Smash Lord
NNID
NewTouchdown
I know, but whether we like it or not, popularity affects tier lists.

I am utterly convinced that marth is just as bad as lucina, but popularity will win. We cant eliminate this skew, so why even try. Even when the SBR does their official votes, it is LOADED with popularity bias because a characters popularity will affect their tournament presence. They might be the same but if one character has more mains pulling in better results more regularly, then that will affect how people see the characters.

I really hate it, but it cant be avoided.
I understand.
My begs was not for you, but for all people voting.
I mean... in a voted tier list sometimes you need to pray for people to think about what they're doing.
One should not simple "Zelda up a tier" (or "Samus up a tier") while we have this Dark Pit/Pit scenario.
Anyway, I'm curious to see where we're going.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I understand.
I mean... in a voted tier list sometimes you need to pray for people to think about what they're doing.
One should not simple "Zelda up a tier" (or "Samus up a tier") while we have this Dark Pit/Pit scenario.
So much truth has been stated.

Browny

Smash Hater
Sorry if I didn't read OP thoroughly enough to understand this on my own. But I have a question about this process.

Question: Eventhubs.com has a tier list where everyone can vote upwards or downwards any character any time. http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/ssb4/ The tier list is clearly horrible. Now, other than smashboards having more "reputable or knowledgeable voters", what is stopping the smashboards tier list from being the same popularity contest full of people with holes in knowledge casting votes?

I mean no disrespect to this thread, the tier list is looking very good actually, I just am wondering.
Theew are two key differences I am trying to achieve with my list. The first is that people only vote on a very few specific characters at any given time. Members of smashboards dont have a great grasp on where every character on the list, it is almost impossible for anyone really to know. Who has played against enough bowser Jr, DK, mario, shulk and jigglypuff tournament level mains, in order to know where they rank compared to each other? This way people are basically encouraged to only vote on the ones they feel strongest about and naturally, that will involve the characters they play, or play against. I sure have never voted on sheik because I dont use her and people here dont use her. But I have a fairly good grasp on how wario for example, plays in this game which is kind of a rare character, so ill vote on him.

The second and bigger difference, is that my method eliminates skew to a large extent by limiting movement through iterations. In the event hubs list, it simply aggregates every vote. Say for example if a character get 20+ votes and 14 down votes, it gets a +6 point boost to its rating (which is then obviously normalised). In my version, I dont care if a character gets 200+ votes and 14 down votes, it is only going up an absolute maximum of 2 spots on the list. It takes a consensus in order to move a character where a character needs a certain amount of votes to even move, and then they need sufficiently high enough ratio of + to - votes to move.

What this simply results in, is characters moving slowly where they cant jump far from popular opinion. Say for example Jigglypuff, she was creeping up the normally voted tier list for weeks, making it into the top 20. As she got closer to there people started to realise and send her back down. If I didnt put these limits on how far a character can move, she might have made it into the top 10 before anyone saw it happen. on eventhubs, she would have gone up that high because there is no limit to how far a character can move.

Its not perfect, but it does stop characters bouncing back and forth and making huge jumps.

Also, UPDATED :)

It was close to begin with with Lucina looking to move up to the next tier but Dark Pit eventually ran away with it, it wasnt really close in the end.

Now voting on these characters
:4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight::4darkpit:

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4duckhunt::4jigglypuff::4bowser::4pacman::4darkpit::4marth::4metaknight:
Duck Hunt/Dark Pit +2
Bowser -2
Marth/Meta Knight -1
Jigglypuff/Pac-Man +/- 0

1 Vote for Duck Hunt to move up to D tier, and 1 Vote for Meta Knight to move down to F tier.

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
:4bowser: :4pacman: :4duckhunt: :4jigglypuff: :4metaknight: :4darkpit: :4marth:

Move Pac-Man up a tier, and Marth down.

Bowser: 0
Pac-Man: +2
Duck Hunt: 0
Jigglypuff: -2
Metaknight: +1
Dark Pit: +1
Marth: -2

Last edited:

Sethykbro

Smash Rookie
NNID
sethykbro2020
:4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4metaknight::4marth::4pacman::4darkpit:

Meta Knight should go up to D tier. He might not be Brawl Meta Knight, but he is definitely not E tier.

H.O.U.S.E.

Smash Rookie
NNID
acrenator
Why is Marth E tier? I understand he's been ridiculously nerfed but his tippers kill so early and even without proper spacing he's a solid character.
:4bowser::4duckhunt::4jigglypuff::4marth::4pacman::4darkpit::4metaknight:
I vote Marth up a tier and Meta Knight down a tier. If I can only vote once, I prioritize Marth.

Golden Rainbow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2707-2708-0253
Original positions: :4bowser: :4jigglypuff: :4duckhunt: :4pacman: :4marth: :4metaknight: :4darkpit:

My vote for tier D: :4jigglypuff:

Revised positions: :4jigglypuff: (+1) :4pacman: (+2) :4bowser: (-2) :4duckhunt: (-1) :4marth: (0) :4darkpit: (+1) :4metaknight: (-1)

I don't believe any characters on E should go down a tier.

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Original: :4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight::4darkpit:
My vote: :4bowser::4pacman::4darkpit::4marth::4duckhunt::4jigglypuff::4metaknight:

Also is this taking customs into account yet or will that start after evo?

Last edited:

Kitt Geekazaru

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4914-3655-0022
:4pacman::4darkpit::4duckhunt::4metaknight::4bowser::4marth::4jigglypuff:
+Pacman, Dark Pit, and DHD are pretty much solid mid tiers, but Dark Pit should be along side Pit, as they pretty much are clones.
Except Pit has a better F-tilt and a better zoning game, as well as his side-b being just as good at any place on the field.

My votes:

Original::4bowser::4jigglypuff::4duckhunt::4pacman::4marth::4metaknight::4darkpit:

My Picks: :4duckhunt::4pacman::4bowser::4jigglypuff::4marth::4darkpit::4metaknight:

Pacman goes up. Meta Knight goes down.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
Except Pit has a better F-tilt and a better zoning game, as well as his side-b being just as good at any place on the field.
MU wise you have more stage control with Dark Pit knocking them off stage, and against Lil mac or Ness the Microshock glove is more valuable.
Yes, Pit's Ftilt has more knockback than Dark Pits, but because of this you can manage to lead Ftilt into a Dash Attack on Dark Pit. They deserve to be right next to each other on the tier list.

And while yes, there is huge potential with Pit's arrows, to gimp Diddy, or people off stage, then that's the only real advantage in my book, but to hit those, Dark pit can just use the Custom 3 which makes them just as controllable as Pit's custom which is the same type of arrow control. I think it's the 3rd one, that NON piercing one.

Top Bottom