• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4metaknight: + 1 He's probably the most underrated character in game right now.
:4sonic: + 1 Extremely safe options and great mindgames.
:4pikachu: + 1 Rushdown and strings galore.

Browny

Smash Hater
After seeing the swings from overvoting, I'm a little concerned about the delays between updates. Asking people to scan through all the votes and see if the character is moving the way they want to vote seems unreasonable. I don't know the best way to deal with this, maybe really high counts of votes should be reduced? (So if someone has +8, another has +2, and a third has -2, it transforms into +4/+2/-2 -- this reflects that people were moving the top character, but reduces the huge jumps from over-voting due to update rate)

I may be confused too but I think this is the last phase before tier creation?
Actually, people are not meant to scan through the votes. If I didnt state that in the OP, I probably should have. Because if people spend their time trying to counter the votes above them, the next poster will just counter their vote, its an endless cycle. Ideally everyone votes without looking at anyone elses votes if you want to just counter another persons vote you are wasting your vote really.
+1 :4mario:
+1 :4shulk:
+1 :4megaman:

On a side note, I've found something odd about the tiers. In the previous version, Sheik and Yoshi were the top tier, while Diddy was in the second row. After the update, Sheik is now two rows above Yoshi, which implies that Sheik must have been voted up while Yoshi was voted down, since only one position can be changed each time. But somehow Diddy went even higher than Sheik, meaning that he must have gone at least three rows higher to reach that position, and that is not possible. Can someone explain this?
I have a rule where if a character gets a +10 or -10 or more, they jump up or down 2 tiers, but sit at the bottom of the tier if they went up 2, and at the top of the tier if they went down 2. Both Yoshi and Diddy got this so it was like this

:4sheik::4yoshi:
:4diddy:

diddy goes up two

:4sheik::4yoshi:

yoshi goes down two

:4sheik:
-
:4yoshi:

It is extremely rare a character gets +10 or -10 or more, its only happened about twice before, this one happened twice in the same update with characters near each other.

Last edited:

SharpMcHappy

Smash Apprentice
+:4sheik: Super fast, great combos and basically a character that only takes pure skill to play.
+:4lucina: Basically Marth. You guys can't go around saying she's basically a carbon copy and then place her that much below Marth, like seriously.
+:rosalina: How did she fall this much? She's easily better than everyone else in her tier and probably Sonic too. Even without her Luma she's still a decent character so I think she should be higher.

salaboB

Smash Champion
I have a rule where if a character gets a +10 or -10 or more, they jump up or down 2 tiers, but sit at the bottom of the tier if they went up 2, and at the top of the tier if they went down 2. Both Yoshi and Diddy got this so it was like this.
Ah, I see. Well, that works pretty effectively then, maybe just a little too much movement allowed (You can see the kickback on Yoshi from people realizing he plummeted too far, which does risk sending him right back the other way on the final voting period).

Last edited:

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
:4metaknight: +1 - This is the one big complaint i would have with this tier list... Seriously underrated character.
:4pikachu: +1 - Also a bit underrated at this point. Some reason this is one of the top 3 characters in the game and i would say he deserves a jump over Fox here.
:4falcon: +1

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
:4dedede:+1 - He seems to be quite an unpopular character around here. He's not fantastic, but no way he's as bad as Dr. Mario and WFT or worse than Samus and Zelda.
:4charizard: +1 - Same as with Dedede, just one tier above where he is now should suit him better.
:4bowserjr:+1 - Similar to Charizard, up one tier but no more than that.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
+:4wiremac: He definitely isn't this bad. He's powerful and fast, and you can get some good techniques and combos using him. His weakness is his recovery, but he really makes up for it, and it's not 100% impossible for him to get back on the stage.
-:4mario: Again, he's only average, and should be in the middle of the list.
+ :4tlink: Should be higher than Link due to speed.

Yong Dekonk

Smash Apprentice
-1 :dk2:DK does ok in a couple matchups but should be bottom tier
+1 :dedede:Dedede is not great but shouldn't be that low
+1 :olimar:Obviously after Apex this dude should be higher

Last edited:

Icare0

Smash Rookie
- 1 :4peach:: Not a bad characther, but she shouldn't be higher than ROB or Villager.
+1 :4littlemac:: He is bad, but not as bad as people think.
-1:4zelda:: She's simply not designed for 1v1s.

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
This entire experiment proves the wider community is clueless about tiers.

+ :4wiifit:
+ :4metaknight:
+ :4palutena:
That's because even though this game is better than Brawl about giving more characters some spotlight (MK basically made it to where the meta was Diddy, Climbers, Snake, MK and Olimar), only about 15 characters have seen any high level play with success. Notice how Olimar's been getting more upvotes now? You can thank Dabuz for that.

+ :4charizard: People seem to forget how good Zard is with all the flare blitz spammers in FG.
HE'S THE 8TH FASTEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME. And he's the 4th heaviest too. Speed, longevity, Rock Smash, decent kill moves and recovery...get this guy out of low tier already.
+ :4drmario: If Mario is Mid-high, why is Doc way down there? Yeah, he's worse, but not THAT much worse.
+ :4metaknight: Hitboxes are super lolzy now and he was nerfed into the ground, but he isn't quite bottom tier.

Last edited:

TheRealBlueBlur

Smash Apprentice
:4ganondorf:Ganondorf +1 (Not as bad as many think)
:4metaknight:Meta Knight +1 (See above)
:4diddy:Diddy Kong -1 (One down throw combo and a decent moveset shouldn't make you top tier)

Also, I think Sonic's position is incredibly inaccurate. He was slightly buffed from Brawl, but that shouldn't make him fly several tiers up the list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom