• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Browny

Smash Hater
Now this is interesting... Anthers ladder results are posted http://pastebin.com/EPWZcdFy which is a the cumulative data of his online ladder. By far his ladder is the best source of character win:loss ratio among competitive players, although online.

How does it compare to the list we are generating here though?

since his is just a list from top to bottom, I will group his tiers in a bell curve format and go 2-5-8-10-10-8-5-3 format and change our list into the same thing

ANTHERS LIST

:4diddy::4sheik:
:4yoshi::4zss::4ness::4lucario::4sonic:
:4luigi::4fox::4pikachu::rosalina::4shulk::4villager::4megaman::4robinf:
:4greninja::4pit::4rob::4falcon::4miibrawl::4mario::4peach::4dk::4palutena::4duckhunt:
:4darkpit::4marth::4dedede::4pacman::4bowser::4tlink::4jigglypuff::4metaknight::4littlemac::4myfriends:
:4bowserjr::4lucina::4miigun::4wario::4gaw::4link::4wiifit::4charizard:
:4kirby::4zelda::4falco::4samus::4ganondorf:
:4olimar::4drmario::4miisword:

SWF COMMUNITY VOTED LIST

:rosalina: :4zss: :4yoshi: :4lucario::4ness:
:4miibrawl: :4greninja: :4pikachu: :4sonic: :4fox: :4villager: :4falcon::4shulk:
:4jigglypuff: :4peach: :4mario: :4robinf: :4luigi: :4bowser::4megaman: :4pit: :4darkpit: :4duckhunt:
:4link: :4wario: :4pacman: :4rob: :4dk: :4marth::4ganondorf: :4tlink: :4myfriends: :4metaknight:
:4lucina: :4palutena: :4dedede: :4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4samus::4kirby:
:4olimar: :4zelda: :4gaw: :4charizard: :4miigun:
:4falco: :4wiifit::4miisword:

So who has the biggest differences?

Jigglypuff and Ganondorf has the largest gap, both being rated 16 places higher than anthers list
Link isnt far behind at 15 spots higher
Mii Brawler and Luigi are both 12 spots higher

Interestingly, these characters were in the exact same spot :)
:4diddy::4sheik::4zss::4lucario::4pikachu::4villager::4duckhunt::4zelda::4miisword:

Last edited:

555mars

Smash Rookie
Rosalina is wayyy too high on our list. There's a reason she's 9 spots lower on the ladder tier list, as her nerfs really neutered her.

Maysoon

Smash Cadet
+1 :4megaman: just too good to be that low he has so much potential
-1 :rosalina: she doesn't have that much pressure from luma anymore, it isn't that hard to kill either.
-1 :4bowser: after the nerfs he lost a huge chunk of power, being able to guarantee a win at edge was huge for him at tied stocks.

Last edited:

gameprodigy12

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gameprodigy12
3DS FC
2423-2583-7165
Rosalina is wayyy too high on our list. There's a reason she's 9 spots lower on the ladder tier list, as her nerfs really neutered her.
No she's pretty much in the right placement in this list. The only one that's surprising is Ganon v Jigglypuff

Small Waves

Smash Cadet
+1 :4falco:: He's not THAT bad, but I'm pretty sure that he will be overrated in the update due to everyone saying the same exact thing.

+1 :4olimar:: Seeing as how Dabuz took three rounds back to back against ADHD's Diddy just a mere few hours ago, I don't think it's safe to say that Olimar is someone who should be down in the barracks alongside mediocre characters such as Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer, and Lucina. Granted, the game is still young and things could change in an instant, but for the time being, Olimar can be a headache against those who don't know how to confront his surprisingly long grabs, not quite amazing but still underrated damage buildup, and surprisingly early KO options. Not top tier or even high, but more of a mid tier with a wildcard factor.

-1 :4greninja:: Remember that time where a Greninja did even moderately well in a somewhat big tournament post-1.0.4? Yeah, me neither. The nerfs continue to haunt him, and with a smaller dedicated playerbase, his matchups will worsen against already decent characters who aren't too afraid of a surprise secondary, and I don't think Greninja has the tools to instill the fear of an unknown, underrepresented character, especially since he's considerably worse off now.

Last edited:

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Luigi +1 - Aerials are so fast, he is a bit underrated for it.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Now this is interesting... Anthers ladder results are posted http://pastebin.com/EPWZcdFy which is a the cumulative data of his online ladder. By far his ladder is the best source of character win:loss ratio among competitive players, although online.

How does it compare to the list we are generating here though?

since his is just a list from top to bottom, I will group his tiers in a bell curve format and go 2-5-8-10-10-8-5-3 format and change our list into the same thing

ANTHERS LIST

:4yoshi::4zss::4ness::4lucario::4sonic:
:4luigi::4fox::4pikachu::rosalina::4shulk::4villager::4megaman::4robinf:
:4greninja::4pit::4rob::4falcon::4miibrawl::4mario::4peach::4dk::4palutena::4duckhunt:
:4darkpit::4marth::4dedede::4pacman::4bowser::4tlink::4jigglypuff::4metaknight::4littlemac::4myfriends:
:4bowserjr::4lucina::4miigun::4wario::4gaw::4link::4wiifit::4charizard:
:4kirby::4zelda::4falco::4samus::4ganondorf:
:4olimar::4drmario::4miisword:

SWF COMMUNITY VOTED LIST

:rosalina: :4zss: :4yoshi: :4lucario::4ness:
:4miibrawl: :4greninja: :4pikachu: :4sonic: :4fox: :4villager: :4falcon::4shulk:
:4jigglypuff: :4peach: :4mario: :4robinf: :4luigi: :4bowser::4megaman: :4pit: :4darkpit: :4duckhunt:
:4link: :4wario: :4pacman: :4rob: :4dk: :4marth::4ganondorf: :4tlink: :4myfriends: :4metaknight:
:4lucina: :4palutena: :4dedede: :4bowserjr: :4drmario: :4littlemac: :4samus::4kirby:
:4olimar: :4zelda: :4gaw: :4charizard: :4miigun:
:4falco: :4wiifit::4miisword:

So who has the biggest differences?

Jigglypuff and Ganondorf has the largest gap, both being rated 16 places higher than anthers list
Link isnt far behind at 15 spots higher
Mii Brawler and Luigi are both 12 spots higher

Interestingly, these characters were in the exact same spot :)
:4diddy::4sheik::4zss::4lucario::4pikachu::4villager::4duckhunt::4zelda::4miisword:
To me, that list almost looks more accurate than ours. Maybe it even is.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
:4luigi:+ Now that I've had more time with the game, I do think Luigi deserves to be in atleast 14-18. Plus he's been dong good in tourneys.
That said...
:4mario:- I said I've had more time with the game, and now I truly believe Luigi is better then Mario in this game.
:4megaman:+ I find him good to use.

Vic

Smash Cadet
NNID
victimer3
:4megaman:+1 A character I feel has some serious untapped potential. Given time a character with this many ranged mixup options should find a seat a lot higher than where he's already residing.

:4olimar: +1 Olimar is way too low on this list I feel. Sure he might not be the A-tier character he once was but I've seen pro olimars just wail on some of the top tier characters with ease.

:4metaknight: +1 This is a character I feel is a bit misused, as in people are playing him like they did in brawl and it just isn't carrying over into sm4sh. If people play him more as a defensive punisher I feel he could rise a few ranks.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
:4olimar::4alph:+ 1 They have great OoS options and are merely underplayed right now.
:4dedede: + 1 Pretty underrated in my eyes, should be 4-5 spots higher, he isn't that bad.
:4duckhunt: + 1 Ridiculously good projectile options, pretty self explanatory.

Browny

Smash Hater
To me, that list almost looks more accurate than ours. Maybe it even is.
Well his list is A LOT of data, ours is just opinion

But then again, his list is also purely from online play where naturally characters with projectiles have an advantage.

THERyanP7

Smash Apprentice
-1 Ness I main him and love using him but he has some frustrating landing lag and easily punishable moves... still raw though
+1 ZSS... why is the one without a power suit better than one with? Ha anyways I think arguably #2 character behind diddy.. easy to spam with and that damn annoying shoot and grab combo.
+1 Mario... I may just be saying this cause he's so Anti-Ness but I notice he has alot less move and landing lag than most chars. And can combo easily (I pulled off 5+ hit juggle combos my first time using him) and some annoying hit boxes that don't make sense
+1 Falco.. He's not that bad he's my secondary and with some practice can be really useful

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
-1 Ness I main him and love using him but he has some frustrating landing lag and easily punishable moves... still raw though
+1 ZSS... why is the one without a power suit better than one with? Ha anyways I think arguably #2 character behind diddy.. easy to spam with and that damn annoying shoot and grab combo.
+1 Mario... I may just be saying this cause he's so Anti-Ness but I notice he has alot less move and landing lag than most chars. And can combo easily (I pulled off 5+ hit juggle combos my first time using him) and some annoying hit boxes that don't make sense
+1 Falco.. He's not that bad he's my secondary and with some practice can be really useful
You only get three votes.

GreenFlame

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0275-7873-0005
Well his list is A LOT of data, ours is just opinion

But then again, his list is also purely from online play where naturally characters with projectiles have an advantage.
What do you mean his list is from online play? How did he get these statistics if only Nitendo is supposed to have them? Also, apologies if I don't know what I'm talking about, I'm not really aware of what Anther's Ladder is.

gByron

Smash Cadet
Oh falco must be higher! He feels safer than most characters. I already voted though

LordFluffy

Smash Apprentice
:4pikachu:+1
:4zss:-1
:4dk:+1

All these are based off of the tournament i participated in yesterday. i'm convince pikachu is near if not top 5 material right now, ZSS isn't and DK is far too low on that list.
might just be the players who played them and my own belief that ZSS's neutral game isn't strong enough to be top 5 (honestly that how i feel, but it might just be my own play convincing me of that) but that's how i feel atm.

Browny

Smash Hater
Wario +1

Diddy, Jigglypuff -1

UPDATED :)

Huge movements for Falco, Megaman and ROB with Megaman getting the highest number of unanimous +1 votes ever!

Ganondorf was highly contentious in fact getting more votes than Falco or Rob but he kept going up and down.

Last edited:
Top Bottom