• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

BraveFantasy

Smash Cadet
Not really sure how you all are using those emotes, so I'll just do everything in text. Greninja over two spots to the left, making him better. And villager up a tier. Thanks~

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
Not really sure how you all are using those emotes, so I'll just do everything in text. Greninja over two spots to the left, making him better. And villager up a tier. Thanks~
Do something like this: :4(character): The 4 is important because that makes it the ssb4 icon and not a brawl or melee one.

Sir Tundra

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Righteous
3DS FC
2938-7133-5824
Original: :4miibrawl::4peach::4mario::4shulk::4rob::4villager::4greninja::4megaman:

My vote: :4mario::4peach::4megaman::4shulk::4villager::4miibrawl::4greninja::4rob:

Vote for B tier: :4mario:

Vote for D tier: :4rob:

:4mario: is just really good in smash 4. Really good combo ability, insane edge guarding with cape/fludd/fair etc, good combo breakers with nair and up b, and his attacks come out fast. Mario however can be gimped pretty easily by certain characters. But everything else that he has more then makes up for it. I believe Mario should be placed right behind Luigi

:4rob: despite having amazing zoning tools like lazers and gyro's. Not to mention his Combo ability is rather good as well. However he can't take getting pressured, has a pretty big hitbox, and is really heavy making him combo food and will be racked up to high % especially since he has no combo breakers. I believe ROB should be placed between Olimar and pit

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

Hello, why are PikaPika and Nessie so high? Nessie seems pretty capable, Top-ish tier material. But what can you tell me about PikaPia? And why are they above Yoshi, Yoshi has such an insane, synergic moveset...

andimidna

Smash Master
Hmm this looks different now. I don't really get the icon part so I'll just say 1 for up and 1 for down

Wow I like how the potential of Peach is being realized here. Same with shulk, rob, and villager
Greninja seems fine too
If this is no customs this seems easy

Mario up
Brawler down

Mario has good results and a flow similar to diddy, ness, luigi, and pikachu (and imo could beat some of them with customs)
Brawler 1111 isn't too special. He has a good recovery when he can choose different customs but without that, not really. Without piston punch his doesn't kill too early, not that he has trouble killing. I like shot put but I haven't really seen it used in tournament so idk maybe it's actually bad. He has dthrow combos, a good nair, but nothing stands out to me as particularly special without customs and mid tier seems better

This tier seems pretty good, most do, but tbh D tier is still a mess lol

Drgoold

Smash Cadet
Hello, why are PikaPika and Nessie so high? Nessie seems pretty capable, Top-ish tier material. But what can you tell me about PikaPia? And why are they above Yoshi, Yoshi has such an insane, synergic moveset...
Pikachu is a very good charter in Smash 4. All of his aerials are fast and combo well into each other, he;s fast and has good mix-ups with quick attack. He has a good projectile that helps him get into people, his throws combo into either aerials, jab-locking on occasions with forward throw, and spike with thunder down B. He is really good with recovery and because of this has one of the best edge guarding games out of all the characters. He can have an issue with landing kill moves, but all of his smash kill, down b kills and any good edge guard can net an early kill. Watch any video of Esam in smash 4 to see why pika is so great. (Im also not saying that one player makes pikachu good, esam is just the best pika player)

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu is just pretty good in every game because of his kit, just like Marth. He has the advantage in a lot of matchups.

Foster J.

Smash Ace
My Vote::4mario::4shulk::4miibrawl::4peach::4greninja::4villager::4rob::4megaman:

Original ranking: :4miibrawl::4peach::4mario::4shulk::4rob::4villager::4greninja::4megaman:

The reasoning from Mii Brawler being last, is due to how you can't get the super OP load out, customs being banned from most tournaments, and how it can be slightly unconventional.

Greninja: A character a lot have forgotten after the 1.0.4 nerf, still very solid, with the same gimmicky shenanigans, and we've seen just how good this character is when played correctly by aMSa.

Mario: He can Juggle all day, like so many has said, he's good at everything, a solid mid/high tier.

Villager: More tricky as he plays more like a troll character, but we've already seen great players like MJG really show off how some good tricks.

Shulk: He's really feeling it, and can take advantage of pretty much any momentum, combine that with his ability to effectively wall with his aerials and Monado arts usage, he's a solid current mid tier.

Megaman: Gotta have endurance with this character, constantly shooting lemons while jumping for 6 minutes? That drains D:

EDIT: LOL, thanks MapleWood

Last edited:

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
My Vote::4greninja::4mario::4villager::4shulk::4rob::4megaman::4peach::4miibrawl:

Original ranking: :4miibrawl::4peach::4mario::4shulk::4rob::4villager::4greninja::4megaman:

The reasoning from Mii Brawler being last, is due to how you can't get the super OP load out, customs being banned from most tournaments, and how it can be slightly unconventional.

Greninja: A character a lot have forgotten after the 1.0.4 nerf, still very solid, with the same gimmicky shenanigans, and we've seen just how good this character is when played correctly by aMSa.

Mario: He can Juggle all day, like so many has said, he's good at everything, a solid mid/high tier.

Villager: More tricky as he plays more like a troll character, but we've already seen great players like MJG really show off how some good tricks.

Shulk: He's really feeling it, and can take advantage of pretty much any momentum, combine that with his ability to effectively wall with his aerials and Monado arts usage, he's a solid current mid tier.

Megaman: Gotta have endurance with this character, constantly shooting lemons while jumping for 6 minutes? That drains D:
Read the OP dude! Can't move someone up or down more than 2 places!

SPoitter

Interior Crocodile Aligator
This is an awful tier list.
Peach to D tier
Mario up a spot

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Pikachu has a really versatile moveset with a lot of ability to be able to easily pressure and also be hard to predict. He's got one of the best recoveries in the game, making him hard to gimp, and has great combo potential. In fact he's probably comparable to his 64 incarnation, minus the ease of Thunderspiking in 64. Pikachu's tools have made him a great character in every game to date and that didn't change at all here.

Browny

Smash Hater
UPDATED :)

Now, I have skipped B tier because it was too small, and I want to work on balancing the amount of characters in the tiers therefore we are voting on A tier this round. The next round will vote on B tier.

Last edited:
Top Bottom