• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress SWF Community Voted Tier List - 3.0 COMPLETE

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
1: :4sheik: :4zss: :4pikachu::4luigi:

2: :rosalina: :4fox: :4diddy: :4mario: :4sonic:

3: :4ness: :4falcon: :4yoshi: :4metaknight: :4villager:

4: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4ryu: :4wario: :4olimar: :4rob: :4peach: :4lucas:

5: :4myfriends: :4pacman: :4lucario: :4feroy: :4link: :4duckhunt: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4shulk: :4miibrawl: :4tlink: :4wiifit: :4greninja: :4jigglypuff: :4marth: :4falco:

6: :4dk: :4lucina: :4bowser:

7: :4drmario::4gaw::4bowserjr::4charizard::4littlemac::4dedede: :4miisword: :4ganondorf:

8: :4zelda::4mewtwo: :4palutena: :4miigun: :4samus:
-1 :4jigglypuff: After the patches, with everyone getting buffs and all, I think her viability got lessened even less than what it already was, and she simply isn't tier 5 material, I'd put her around tier 6 or 7. I really wish she was that good though, the thought of Jigglypuff and Zelda being that low on the tier list again after Brawl really seems unfair.
+1:4wario2: I still feel Wario is top ten material.
+1:4dk: A new era has begun...

Other than those 3, I think the list is starting to look pretty darn good.

Last edited:

L1N3R1D3R

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-3822-0133-6917
+1 :4drmario: Bouncier pills and slower movement don't ruin him at all. They do make him worse than Mario, but not as low as he is.
+1 :4feroy: Besides his bad recovery, he has some stupidly powerful moves that are much easier to space than Marth's.
+1 :4kirby: I shouldn't need to explain this again. Not top tier, but definitely tier 4.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
1: :4sheik: :4zss: :4pikachu::4luigi:

2: :rosalina: :4fox: :4diddy: :4mario: :4sonic:

3: :4ness: :4falcon: :4yoshi: :4metaknight: :4villager:

4: (:4pit: :4darkpit:) :4ryu: :4wario: :4olimar: :4rob: :4peach: :4lucas:

5: :4myfriends: :4pacman: :4lucario: :4feroy: :4link: :4duckhunt: :4kirby: :4robinf: :4megaman: :4shulk: :4miibrawl: :4tlink: :4wiifit: :4greninja: :4jigglypuff: :4marth: :4falco:

6: :4dk: :4lucina: :4bowser:

7: :4drmario::4gaw::4bowserjr::4charizard::4littlemac::4dedede: :4miisword: :4ganondorf:

8: :4zelda::4mewtwo: :4palutena: :4miigun: :4samus:

+1:4kirby: I think he might have enough supporters to go up this time

+1:4pacman:Great Projectiles, great KO Power, Good recovery. Deserves top 15

-1:4falco: Bad tier list, Bad tier list, BAD TIER LIST

Last edited:

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4bowserjr:+1: At least as good as, if not better than his old man and Lucina.
:rosalina:+1: What is she doing down there? Last I checked, Luma was undisputed top 3.
:4drmario:+1: A character with Mario's frame data should not be this low.

Last edited:

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
:4bowserjr: and :4charizard: +1
You mean to tell me that all those characters in tiers 5 and 6 are above these two? That can't be.
:4ness: +1
He's at least as good as, if not better than Fox, Diddy, and Mario imo.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Woah there, Jigglypuff, calm down. I'm glad she's out of bottom tier, but it's getting kinda ridic. I won't spoil her fun, though.
:4drmario: +1
:4luigi:-1
:rosalina:+1

Last edited:

superange

Smash Cadet
NNID
superange128
3DS FC
1032-2052-1009
:4drmario:+1: A character with Mario's frame data should not be this low.
Except that he has similar animations but not the same frame data.

Anyway I'd say Tiers 1-4 are actually pretty good so we need to focus on the cluster**** that is Tier 5 and tiny Tier that is Tier 6 and balance them out as well as fix some characters that are still incorrectly placed.

-1:4link: Not sure why people are STILL overrating him. He's better than past games no doubt but not equal to or greater than half the cast.
+1:4littlemac: Similarly people are still giving up too much crap just because he's not in good in the air or recovering. He's still too good on the ground on most neutral stages to not be Tier 5.
-1 :4marth:Outside Link it was hard to choose just 1 character not fitting for Tier 5 but I chose Marth for now.

HerpFish

Smash Cadet
NNID
HerpFish
3DS FC
1220-9235-4974
+:4bowserjr:He is easily equal to or better than characters above him.
+:4charizard:Same as above except for the fact that he actually got meaningful buffs, such as a kill throw, which is huge.
-:4villager:I feel like the top of the tier below is a better fit without customs. I just don't see him/her as being on the same level as those like Yoshi and Meta Knight.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
+12 :4falco:
Yay!

-2 :4sheik:
Wait...people actually voted down Sheik!?
This Falco stuff looks absurd, but I actually find this to be true. I changed my tune on Falco recently after my friend picked him up. He has some pretty neat combos with his aerial moves, and can gimp fairly easily too. Thanks to the changes in ledge mechanics, his high mid air jump, and 2 forms of recovery, he actually has a decent recovery.

And as regards to Sheik, I think people are just downvoting her because of her being in her own tier. Personally, I do believe she is the best in the game, but she isn't Brawl Meta Knight level. Doesn't deserve a tier to herself.

Nessimator

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VtheVincent
3DS FC
4038-6421-2081
This Falco stuff looks absurd, but I actually find this to be true. I changed my tune on Falco recently after my friend picked him up. He has some pretty neat combos with his aerial moves, and can gimp fairly easily too. Thanks to the changes in ledge mechanics, his high mid air jump, and 2 forms of recovery, he actually has a decent recovery.

And as regards to Sheik, I think people are just downvoting her because of her being in her own tier. Personally, I do believe she is the best in the game, but she isn't Brawl Meta Knight level. Doesn't deserve a tier to herself.
Yeah. Falco's only serious problem is a highly uncomfortable neutral game. You really have to be tricky and outsmart your opponent to get in as Falco. Somehow that makes him all the more fun to play for me!

Thinktron

Smash Apprentice
+1 For Pit-Dark pit
they have no massive weakness so they should be higher
-1 Doc
Yes he is viable but hes not as good as the current list is making out
-1 Jigglypuff
No results, should not be higher than characters like falco or doc

Top Bottom