• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So another forum I don't visit as much, but drop into occasionally, has already started it's April Fools joke.

It's normally a Spyro/Skylanders forum.
...but WE LEGO BOYS!!!

I'm OK with having Chase McCain as my header.

D

Deleted member

"It's highly possible. I'm making a list of undesirables tonight that I feel the site would be better without. Tomorrow morning, if you can still log in, you've made the cut. For now. "

Jesus 1st day and he already has a list of people he is about to permaban. Not even a warning just killed off. Sounds like one hell of a tyrannical rule and I hope things aren't as bad as they seem from this alone.
The thing is, this wouldn't be so troubling if it was any of the staff BUT him. The moment he randomly became staff(before that, no one even knew who he was.) he said himself that the reason he joined was to bash heads. And right of the bat he was very egotistical and aggressive.

This caused all sorts of drama, even someone getting permanently banned because the staff simply didn't like him. It's pure chaos. And all of my warnings are over minuscule stuff like that, simply just speaking against them. One more, and I'll be PB'd.

Even if this is an april fool's joke, which it most likely is thankfully. I don't startling your users is funny to anyone, but of course, those who just love to abuse their power. Which I can go into all day.

And as I finished typing this all the other mods lost their power. Hahaha, funny.

Thank goodness Smashboards has too many members for this kind of abuse to happen. That and the staff is pretty swell from what I've seen.

We should be thankful that smash boards is not run like a Dictatorship.
INB4 the april fool's day joke is me being a mod :troll:

Ignoring EVERYTHING in this video but one small detail. There is some weird level design here in keeping those thin hallways like they have in Prime. It doesn't really work in a game like this where 4 players are supposed to fit in the hallway.

Unless i've gone crazy i'm pretty sure that it is him lol.
Welcome to the Loony bin, refreshments are on the table, pizza will be here in 15 minutes.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If Chrono was here you guys would have already seen 12 paragraphs on how I ruined the Ridley fanbase and am personally responsible for his exclusion from the game

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And yes it's completely hypocritical for anyone in this thread to "call out" people for being "too passionate", because if any frequent, vocal poster of this thread wants to, they can tag me and I can literally mention at least one thing they constantly bring up, and in most cases, I could also twist it into being a flaw in some way, using some kind of personal bias.
ChikoLad ChikoLad

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
INB4 the april fool's day joke is me being a mod :troll:

Ignoring EVERYTHING in this video but one small detail. There is some weird level design here in keeping those thin hallways like they have in Prime. It doesn't really work in a game like this where 4 players are supposed to fit in the hallway.

Welcome to the Loony bin, refreshments are on the table, pizza will be here in 15 minutes.
Yeah, they did mention that while it's 4 players, most of the game feels like/doesn't require 4 players. Which is a weird design choice.

So another forum I don't visit as much, but drop into occasionally, has already started it's April Fools joke.

It's normally a Spyro/Skylanders forum.
...but WE LEGO BOYS!!!

I'm OK with having Chase McCain as my header.
I'd be perfectly ok with Lego Boards. And I'm not going to lie when I say, I'd be ok with a chase mclain assist trophy in smash.
Lego City undercover is pretty impressive all things considering. It was a big open world, which as now expanded into the new lego games, it had witty dialog, fun levels, and pretty decent voice acting imo.

The lego games are usually very good.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can't think of anything regarding actual interests since you don't seem too vocal or outward regarding that around here, at least not as far as I've been around, but you do come across as trying to be negative and contrarian for the sake of it sometimes.

Not saying you do it intentionally, and you did just so happen to just comment on this and explain it, so it already makes more sense. That's just what I see but I won't tell you to change or anything.

----------------

This one is amazing.

https://www.sonicstadium.org/

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't think of anything regarding actual interests since you don't seem too vocal or outward regarding that around here, at least not as far as I've been around, but you do come across as trying to be negative and contrarian for the sake of it sometimes.

Not saying you do it intentionally, and you did just so happen to just comment on this and explain it, so it already makes more sense. That's just what I see but I won't tell you to change or anything.

----------------

This one is amazing.

https://www.sonicstadium.org/
This is something that I'd expect the sonic twitter to do. It also makes sense considering Big's fishing adventure is scheduled for today....

D

Deleted member

*Sigh*
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=59&p=1363902#p1363902

Yep, this isn't even a joke. He even unbanned the biggest asshole in the site's history. If not, then it's a pretty good mock up and is there to flame members anyway...

I'd honestly be more pissed off if it was a joke at this point, that means that the whole staff has devolved into garbage.

Edit: Eh, oh well. If I get banned, that's that, that just means it isn't even worth staying anyway. Besides, at this point I just find this entertaining.

Very, very entertaining~. Hence why I'm even sharing all of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChikoLad ChikoLad I wouldn't mind getting roasted either. I can name a few issues I have and I wonder which you happen to target.

Yeah, they did mention that while it's 4 players, most of the game feels like/doesn't require 4 players. Which is a weird design choice.
That is . . . perplexing game design to say the least. While it's nice for people like me unable to play with others it completely defeats the purpose of this game's existence. If they wanted to design levles like a single player Metroid they would not have made a multiplayer Metroid. Hopefully that is just their early impressions and the full game actually fulfills its purpose.

*Sigh*
http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=59&p=1363902#p1363902

Yep, this isn't even a joke. He even unbanned the biggest ******* in the site's history. If not, then it's a pretty good mock up and is there to flame members anyway...

I'd honestly be more pissed off if it was a joke at this point, that means that the whole staff has devolved into garbage.
Good news: Someone on that site has a RWBY avatar

Bad news: everything else. Still hoping it's a really obnoxious April Fools Day joke. Im assuming MM is the "biggest ****" based on how many dupe accounts tha banned members thread says.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well the pokecommunity is apparently able to time travel!
Screenshot (66).png

The forums brought me back to 1997!

That's clever.....

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
ChikoLad ChikoLad I wouldn't mind getting roasted either. I can name a few issues I have and I wonder which you happen to target.

That is . . . perplexing game design to say the least. While it's nice for people like me unable to play with others it completely defeats the purpose of this game's existence. If they wanted to design levles like a single player Metroid they would not have made a multiplayer Metroid. Hopefully that is just their early impressions and the full game actually fulfills its purpose.

Good news: Someone on that site has a RWBY avatar

Bad news: everything else. Still hoping it's a really obnoxious April Fools Day joke. Im assuming MM is the "biggest ****" based on how many dupe accounts tha banned members thread says.
It's an interesting choice. They also noted that they don't feel the demos gave them the full experience. So we could see a change in the final version.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
JRPG/weeabo trash. :p

Also there was Indivisible for a while, which I recall you actually getting a bit self-conscious about. Though to be fair, that game needed all of the attention it could get.

You also bring up Kingdom Hearts at random points, though I totally appreciate that personally, because I love the franchise too and not many people here seem to (me bringing it up often leads to the very problem I am discussing here).

Also please note I'm not trying to say anyone legitimately has issues here. The core of my point is that people tend to take a prominent passion someone has, not look at it objectively and not be willing to just ignore discussions that don't interest them, thus, making an issue out of something that really shouldn't be one. And Fumi just happens to be a common target for that.

JRPG/weeabo trash. :p
I thought we were talking flaws?

Also there was Indivisible for a while,
*glances at the fact I changed my name to an Indivisible character*
>_>

I said I would lay it back a little bit for a reason

You also bring up Kingdom Hearts at random points, though I totally appreciate that personally, because I love the franchise too and not many people here seem to (me bringing it up often leads to the very problem I am discussing here).
I honestly can't remember bringing up KH very often. I can remember once or twice for the music (oh how sweet it is) but not from anything else that didn't involve something you posted lol. Guess I should pay a little more attention to that.

. . .I expected much more and much harsher. I'm assuming you pulled your punches lol.

April fools day Boards ****ing when?

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
We pointing out eachother's flaws now?

Well, lucky for me I'm a perfect individual!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So, I saw the girl I'm interested in today. As I was walking past her and smiled, and tried to say "Hi" ...But I think I said it so quiet she couldn't hear me.

But she smiled back, so...that's something, right?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
ChikoLad ChikoLad I would suggest moving the roasting to PMs. The potential for this to move into flaming is too high. Plus if other people see it (without the context), they may see it as non consensual, and start attacking you/ the other person.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I can't think of anything regarding actual interests since you don't seem too vocal or outward regarding that around here, at least not as far as I've been around,

Nothing is really gained by me going on about Isaac or Banjo or whatnot.

but you do come across as trying to be negative and contrarian for the sake of it sometimes.

I suspect that's the case mainly because the times I'm disagreeing with someone are generally the only times I make consecutive replies. Most of my more sizeable posts do contend with both the positive and the negative of the issue, and of my smaller posts... they're really all over the place.

I just like debating. Don't hold my ENTP against me! lol

However if that's how people see me, well given that other post I'm already aware of such things. I can see why they would think that. Negatives stick in peoples' minds more than positives. It's also not really what I tagged you for, but whatever. I was curious as to what you'd say.

We pointing out eachother's flaws now?

Well, lucky for me I'm a perfect individual!
Flaw #1: If you're going to use cross out don't make it so that if you ignore the crossed out word like strikethrough implies you are meant to you aren't grammatically incorrect.

TL;DR *an :troll:

I had to

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Pointing out legitimate flaws or trying to claim any objectivity to them is not something I intend to do or something I feel I have any right to do, because I honestly do not know anybody in this thread on a personal level. I can't seriously criticise the personality of someone who is pretty unknown to me.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
What do you see with your rooster eyes, Blaziken?

That face is just made for captions, reactions and etc. It'd be a shame to see such potential wasted.

D

Deleted member

So, I saw the girl I'm interested in today. As I was walking past her and smiled, and tried to say "Hi" ...But I think I said it so quiet she couldn't hear me.

But she smiled back, so...that's something, right?
To be completely honest..... She's probably just giving you a friendly smile.

From my past experiences with relationships, don't be completely sure that someone loves you until they say it themselves with all intent.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Flaw #1: If you're going to use cross out don't make it so that if you ignore the crossed out word like strikethrough implies you are meant to you aren't grammatically incorrect.

So says the "Typo Master"
:p

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

I had to
But I am a individual tho...:p

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To be completely honest..... She's probably just giving you a friendly smile.

From my past experiences with relationships, don't be completely sure that someone loves you until they say it themselves with all intent.
Considering I've only ever tried to talk to her today and yesterday, I don't think she loves me

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah I wasn't looking to get "roasted", I was simply curious as to whether he thought I brought up any sole topic too frequently, as I didn't believe that was something I did.

If there are to be actual "roasts"... I think there are better locations for it than here tbh.

D

Deleted member

Considering I've only ever tried to talk to her today and yesterday, I don't think she loves me
Yeah, well, love takes time. It took me many months to actually be the boyfriend of my BF and GF, for months and a year for one, we were just friends.

So don't get down over it. No one's a love guru.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
The Roast of SMX. I can easily picture how that would go down.

D

Deleted member

Everyone cut it out with the roasting, or I'll roast ya.

I sincerely apologize.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yeah I wasn't looking to get "roasted", I was simply curious as to whether he thought I brought up any sole topic too frequently, as I didn't believe that was something I did.

If there are to be actual "roasts"... I think there are better locations for it than here tbh.

There, you're roasted

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I also wouldn't actually roast anyone here.

I'm not sure people here could appreciate the taste of an Irish Roast. :p

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
And yes it's completely hypocritical for anyone in this thread to "call out" people for being "too passionate", because if any frequent, vocal poster of this thread wants to, they can tag me and I can literally mention at least one thing they constantly bring up, and in most cases, I could also twist it into being a flaw in some way, using some kind of personal bias.
ChikoLad ChikoLad couldnt help myself;)

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Well, it's been three-to-four months since I was last here, and apparently the more things change, the more they stay the same. I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing. If it's anything like the K. Rool support thread during the final months of the Smash 4 DLC speculation period, then that's a bad thing. Actually, that's a terrible thing, so I really do hope it wasn't anything like that.

Besides that, I really don't have much to say except to express my disdain for April Fool's Day, and to express my disappointment over
@Fumi-Chan! reaching his breaking point and taking his leave. I understand why, of course, because that's what I did as well - don't do something you don't want to do anymore. That, and studying for college can suck.

Well, whatever you do, uh, do, BluePikmin11, please maintain that positive mind-set. If this is to be a final goodbye, for all intents and purposes, allow me say whether or not I've agreed with your viewpoints, I've always had a good viewpoint of you. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

D

Deleted member

Well, the site is down completely now. Yay.
http://www.tohokingdom.com/

The owner purposely took the forums down, and I can't tell for sure if it's for real reasons(Which they do seem to be.) or this is just another "prank".

Sometimes I wish April Fools day wasn't a holiday.... Ugh. Yeah, it can be very funny, but I swear I've been confused about drama like this because of it.

Now I say the smashboards prank could be anything and I'll be fine as long as it doesn't involve taking the site down.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Use the time to become a better and stronger individual @Fumi-Chan!

Cuz I wanna see that Fumi. :D

Gotta a feeling you'll come back someday.

Well, the site is down completely now. Yay.

The owner purposely took the forums down, and I can't tell for sure if it's for real reasons(Which they do seem to be.) or this is just another "prank".

Sometimes I wish April Fools day wasn't a holiday.... Ugh. Yeah, it can be very funny, but I swear I've been confused about drama like this because of it.

Now I say the smashboards prank could be anything and I'll be fine as long as it doesn't involve taking the site down.

Note the date of March 32nd

This is just a really stupid april fools joke.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom