• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Woody Woodpecker confirmed for Pokemon?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm not too fond of Unfezant's male design, but the female version looks alright imo.

I don't really have any regional birds with me for very long in my play through's, but I kinda liked the Pidgey and Fletchling line.

I'm interested to see the new regional bird Pokemon though.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, Staraptor is so nostalgic to me. I never had much to deal with Ice Types in Platinum, and Staraptor learned Close Combat, effectively sweeping Candice for me despite the type disadvantage. It's also one of the few shinies I encountered! I was looking for a ditto and then, little me kept her head close to the DS to recognize the cry *Staravia* 'Awww, It's just Sta-' *BLING* 'AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA'. I still have it, my other shinies got deleted by my sister (Shiny Alakazam, which knew Teleport when I caught it) and a shiny Pachurisu that...I...Accidentally...Ran...From...Q.Q

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wanted to like Unfeastant, but between it's terrible movepool, terrible stats, and sub par design(imo), I just can't like it.

Yeah, I've heard that the Gym's are pretty difficult as well. Especially the further you get into the game. I can imagine doing a nuzlocke with that would be pretty challenging too....
I've only done past the first gym as Fire Emblem and more have pre occupied me, but it is hard, but good! Nuzlocking would be challenging!

Santalune forest is a nightmare. Every trainer there is replaced by a rival fight.

One of these days i'm going to see my first shiny. . . Multiple playthroughs of Ruby, Emerald, Firered, Pearl, Platinum, Black, X/Y, SS. . .i'm overdue by now. . .Right?

at least I got Pokerus that one time

I just got back, and what is this leak everyone is talking about, and why is it so likely?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196317104&postcount=1
1. Niji is the codename of Sun and Moon
2. Art Academy has already been spotted

It's pretty much a guarantee

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I just got back, and what is this leak everyone is talking about, and why is it so likely?
There are two leaks.
Neither are likely.
One says that hms are replaced by actual tools and key items.

The second basically says that it's Johto for Kalos, you get no new starter pokemon and instead are given an eevee.

Edit: oh... the 3ds leak...
yeah

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
my other shinies got deleted by my sister
More reason for you to break her legs!

One of these days i'm going to see my first shiny. . . Multiple playthroughs of Ruby, Emerald, Firered, Pearl, Platinum, Black, X/Y, SS. . .i'm overdue by now. . .Right?

At least there's that shiny Gyarados in SS!:4pacman:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think the only shiny I've ever encountered on my own was a Combee. Who is now a Vespiquen.

Although I've heard that it's significantly easier to encounter shiny's in X and Y so I'm not sure if it's that big of an accomplishment.... ^^;

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So do you think we may get something more on this game tomorrow?

I could see a small teaser...

Burruni

Smash Hero

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=196317104&postcount=1
1. Niji is the codename of Sun and Moon
2. Art Academy has already been spotted

It's pretty much a guarantee
I've encountered 3 shinies across playing every main line game at least once. (edit: And Fire Red/Leaf Green at least a dozen times)
1 - Emerald, Lost the cartridge when I moved to pennsylvania. RIP that green golbat you never got to become a Crobat.
2 - Emulating Emerald for romhacks. Cascoon.
3 - A Bronzor in Platinum. One of my single least favorite pokemon ever.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The sites for Sun and Moon aren't up....

I wonder when they will be...

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
ok who here pranked me

come forward so i can thank you for making my name magenta

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

I'd love to see more ASAP, but honestly a Pokemon announcement alone can get people running on enough hype that I sort of doubt they'd bother announcing more that fast.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
nothing replaces the joy of coffee chewing gum and ****ting on people's shoes

but this comes close

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Too bad I never played that one. . . Even though Black is EASILY my favorite (mainline) pokemon game, and Haxorus is probably my favorite super high level evolution pokemon

Then what's your excuse? BW2 has soooo much more to offer too! Also, pardon the mini modding, but the BD stuff can be seen as spam the more you make posts with only this

Ivander

Smash Legend
My only Shiny Pokemon that weren't the Red Gyrados were a Graveler in Gold and a Machoke in Crystal. So far, I have not found or gotten a Shiny Pokemon in later games, once again not counting the Red Gyrados.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Staraptor best bird.

Unfenzant confuses me.

Doubt it. If they had something they'd probably show it today.
True, but at the same time, they've said to make sure to tune in for it, and check for updates throughout the month so maybe.
I'd put it at 35% likely.

I'd love to see more ASAP, but honestly a Pokemon announcement alone can get people running on enough hype that I sort of doubt they'd bother announcing more that fast.
Maybe, I wouldn't be surprised but wouldn't say it's guaranteed either.

Then what's your excuse? BW2 has soooo much more to offer too! Also, pardon the mini modding, but the BD stuff can be seen as spam the more you make posts with only this
Blegh. Even had one that I will probably never use in any other context
http://i.imgur.com/qF0ZThv.png?1

Hell I didnt even add it to the album or edit because I assumed I wouldnt use it >_>

But regardless, I didn't feel like spending $40+ on a game "ive already played." Everywhere around me it's still at least $40

And now with NX coming up AND college? No freaking way am I ever playing that game. :X

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I actually had quite a few...
Remember a shiny Furret in Crystal a shiny Tentacruel in Ruby....

In X and Y the numbers only increased with a shiny Doduo, Dwebble, Mightyena as well as my Masuda'd non Protean Froakie....and a bunch from Wondertrade including shiny motha****in Lugia!!!

In ORAS I successfully chained a shiny Zorua...was forced to Master Ball it because it had Memento...

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I mean I have no context of what you are talking about here, but venting is actually a thing that can help people feel better. You may find it pathetic but changing your life for the better and being optimistic is not so easy for everyone, and telling them to internalize it and/or fake happiness to make everyone else feel less annoyed/uncomfortable is a great way to make the problem worse.
I don't think any negative nancy situation has ever helped a situation immediately after.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I don't think any negative nancy situation has ever helped a situation immediately after.
This is completely irrelevant to anything you just said, but holy crap seeing your signature as this gem showed up in my feed:

Too perfect. This remix is delectable.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I remember getting a shiny Lombre in Emerald and that's it. Well, I did evolve it into Ludicolo so I guess that makes two.

:231:

Ivander

Smash Legend
In ORAS I successfully chained a shiny Zorua...was forced to Master Ball it because it had Memento...
Zorua are on the first route, right? Route 101? Cause I thought in that route, Pokemon couldn't break out of any Pokeballs you threw in that route.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Zorua are on the first route, right? Route 101? Cause I thought in that route, Pokemon couldn't break out of any Pokeballs you threw in that route.
Only Pokeballs though. At least I think so. If only Mythbusters hadn't stopped.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
They have higher catch rates due to their low levels but they are not guaranteed catches...

Also I was chaining the Zorua which has their level increase the more I encounter them, which in turn makes them harder to catch...I think it was around level 23 when I caught it...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
That's a really diminishing way to look at it. Again I am not seeing the original comments that are being discussed here and there is a point where venting just turns into wallowing, but a general attitude of "Don't be negative because I find it annoying" is really harmful. I've had friends be like that toward me before and it's really sucky when you're struggling and people just tell you that you're a burden for wanting to talk about it.

Being negative doesn't magically fix anything, but this idea that everyone can shift to optimism if they only think differently is total garbage. Everyone is different, everyone is dealing with a different situation and a different set of tools to deal with it, and what seems small or easily solved may not be for everyone.

Maybe, I wouldn't be surprised but wouldn't say it's guaranteed either.
It's certainly not guaranteed, I am mostly just erring on the side of caution because I'm so excited to hear more and I don't want to end up disappointed if it ends up being a while before we get anything of substance, lol.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004

It's possible. When Pokemon Heartgold and Soulsilver were first announced in Japan, we didn't have any gameplay footage of said games. Cut to a few days later when Masuda appeared on Pokemon Sunday (what Pokemon Get TV used to be called back then) the same week HG/SS were announced, and we witnessed our first gameplay footage of the game, albeit very short, of the player exploring New Bark Town.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

I think if they had anything more to show, they would have done it today. I'd give it a month at least.

Out of boredom and curiosity I decided to watch Kiniro Mosaic. Dear god, the Les Yay... FalKoopa FalKoopa you should know this, your thoughts?
I'm afraid I haven't watched it. Sorry. Maybe I'll marathon it tomorrow and talk about it.

:231:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom