• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Justice can constitute mercy.
It can be hard to tell when that is, but...
After a point, there ought be punishment, but before that point, forgiveness.
It's unfortunate that one among us went past that point. He was punished by a social order.
What we can hope for is that he doesn't gain self-confidence, which is pride, but rather self-compassion.
Humans are all frail and weak. We ought acknowledge our faults and hate them.
With acceptance, which is humility, one stops obsessing about faults and can then sincerely work to overturn them, and one sees accurately the virtues he's been given to be thankful for.
There are ways not to fall to temptation. Isolating oneself is not a good way...
Instead, we should put ourselves into healthy relationships with good people where we are held accountable by them, where pressure is put on us to be better.
With recent events it should be clear that one can be held accountable eventually without the healthy relationships.
If it's not deliberately spoken about, though, one doesn't often realize until the punishment is at hand.
That way, with our time and social capacity occupied with good things, we have no room for bad things to enter.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Putting money on Animal Crossing amiibos.

I don't know the patch schedule for SMM but it doesn't seem like they'd patch in content two months early.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Putting money on Animal Crossing amiibos.

I don't know the patch schedule for SMM but it doesn't seem like they'd patch in content two months early.
The ac ones work though.

When are the newer ones coming? And why would they patch in only 1? There's four AC ones coming right?

Which is why it's probably wolf link.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
all of the animal crossing characters are already in mario maker
in fact, the figures are 1:1 with the costumes with the exception of summer isabelle

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Oh. Didn't know that.

It's probably Wolf Link then. IDK I don't pay attention to amiibos.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Almost all the AC characters who has amiibos are already in SMM.

It's either Wolf Link due to how soon they are coming out because Roy and Ryu won't hit stores until February and March. (Funny enough right when Fire Emblem Fates launch and Project X Zone 2)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I just dabbled into the Freedom Planet update.

Torque is really fun, but he's the most complex character and takes more getting used to than the others. His mobility is very limited but he is a powerhouse with a lot of attack options and you can make your own custom loadouts. It's really fun to experiment with that.

I mainly have been just playing through Milla's story though, which is another new addition. Not much is different about it so far though, most of the cutscenes are the same as the other two girls just with slight differences.

Torque has a slot in the character select screen for story mode so he does have one. I don't know if it was added in this update. If it was I suppose I have to beat Milla's first. I've heard it mostly takes place after the events of the other stories.

Also Torque does have one brand new level, as a speed run achievement for it is part of the achievements. He also has a random assortment of levels already unlocked in Time Attack Mode. I don't know if that's because it's the beta version of the update or if they actually just decided to do that on a whim.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I just dabbled into the Freedom Planet update.

Torque is really fun, but he's the most complex character and takes more getting used to than the others. His mobility is very limited but he is a powerhouse with a lot of attack options and you can make your own custom loadouts. It's really fun to experiment with that.

I mainly have been just playing through Milla's story though, which is another new addition. Not much is different about it so far though, most of the cutscenes are the same as the other two girls just with slight differences.

Torque has a slot in the character select screen for story mode so he does have one. I don't know if it was added in this update. If it was I suppose I have to beat Milla's first. I've heard it mostly takes place after the events of the other stories.

Also Torque does have one brand new level, as a speed run achievement for it is part of the achievements. He also has a random assortment of levels already unlocked in Time Attack Mode. I don't know if that's because it's the beta version of the update or if they actually just decided to do that on a whim.
Every time I see the name Torque...

Geno Boost

Smash Master
So I finally got around to creating a Geno Mii for my Mii Fighter collection. Does anyone have any suggestions on what specials I should assign for him? Haven't fully played Super Mario: RPG yet, so I'm not quite sure what specials would suit him best.
The closest thing from SMRPG would be:
Samus side B (similar to Geno's rocket punch)
Samus B (similar to Geno whirl)
Reflector (similar to Geno boost)
Punching while flying or whatever it's called (Similar to when Geno jump and punch Bowyer in the cutscene)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

How does Resident Evil Revelations 2 work? My PS4 says it's free.

Also I'm downloading demo, free games and free to start games.

**** that's a lot of data.

**** the Uncharted Collection update took a lot of data.

Last edited:

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
It might be a lot of data but at least the PS4 didn't ship with a maximum capacity of 32 gigs.

cough

Im giving you two spoilers. For those of us who click too fast :p
So I just finished chapter 5. Hello wonderful giant plot point. I guess being told Lin was a robot wasnt TOTALLY wrong

I was really worried this game wouldnt be able to come up against XC in story (the game that had a story and characters so good it made me realize "maybe there is more to games then JUST gameplay). But if things stay like this. . . I wont complain.
Im assuming you can change bodies after you find the lifehold. . .hope that is soon.

BTW dont reply to the part in just this last spoiler thanks :p

Last edited:

Zynux

Smash Lord
AHOY, FRIEND-O'S
FAST Racing Neo update in January.
The cessation of procrastination is INDEED an admirable goal.
Me and this girl are having a huge text discussion about theology. Fun.

Let's talk about equality.

"The law of comparative advantage, and the benefits offered by the division of labour, suppose that people ought do what they have an advantage in for societal optimality. Furthermore, there exists in humans significant trait differences concerning sexual dimorphism, general physical strength, and it what areas, being one such trait. Being laws, and objective observations about the world, they a priori cannot be sexist in their formulation or conclusion.
Principles of equality are often absurd and ill-defined, without base in the natural law, opposed by the natural law, and generally unhelpful to the common welfare of humanity.
In most cases, when people try to define and institute it as a policy, it becomes a policy of envy and greed."

What say you?
How do you define equality?

The major problems with it is that it's a vague idea that can mean a lot of things and conveniently interpreted differently for one's own purposes.

Physiologically people aren't born "equal" in terms of ability, and I find the assertion absurd. Individuals excel at certain aspects against another for a reason. People are different in structure, ability, certain people are more immune or less immune to illnesses then others, and so forth. Biological differences between age, genetics, sex, etc all contribute. This doesn't mean that it isn't possible to excel beyond your limits, however, but trying to shy away these differences in an attempt to appear equal seems dangerous.

One could make the argument that many that trying to enforce their own version of some sort of "equality" are just those trying to erase life's ugliness to fit their needs, or worse trying to usurp what they perceive to be a certain societal power structure "oppressing" them to their own benefit instead of others (basically, subjugation) but this needs to be observed in a case by case basis and isn't black and white. Again, it's hard to really tell since "equality" seems to have no objective basis and just more of what the "consensus" believes to be equal, which changes as society and social norms changes. What was equal of years past isn't equal anymore, and vice versa.

Basically, striving for equality is a noble ideal but it's just that, an ideal. Applying that ideal is different for many people with varying results, both good and bad. In my opinion, Equality is the same as "World Peace", something noble but not entirely realistic is any societal structure, so everything done in the name of "Equality" doesn't always illicit a positive response from me, but again it's a case by case basis.

Now, as it applies to Law, I don't really understand here. Even the term "equal opportunity" has provisions: under the Law not everyone has equal opportunity since some opportunities are either considered immoral or illegal. This makes sense, since the law of a land has to naturally draw the line somewhere in order to function and maintain it's power structure.

Laws will change over time as the consensus changes (at least, in democracies) but I don't believe society always progresses it's laws for better or for worse. Therefore, I do not believe any societal structure will ever achieve "Equality". Not a human made one, anyway.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You want to know what makes me sad?

No body ever talks about Jade Empire.

I Looooooooooooooooooooooooooved this game so much way back when I first got my Xbox.

Probably the bloodiest game I had played at that point other than Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks too. :p

I think I had like 7 different runs of the game and I loveed each time. Shame no one knows about it.

And from the looks of things it was quite pretty as well
I played the hell out of jade empire

But wasn't it considered a failure by bioware? The reason it had no sequels?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

Hopefully the Sonic Social Media will have an awesome Sonic game to compliment them in 2016.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

Things to buy with money when I get it.

1. Hard Drive so I have more space for my Wii U.
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
3. Fatal Frame 5
4. Metal Gear Solid 5 + Ground Zeroes
5. Dying Light
6. Yoshi's Wooly World
7. Super Mystery Dungeon
8. Various downloadable titles...

Still, the hard drive will be the hardest to find and the most expensive thing.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I need to buy myself a Wii U hard drive too. I keep putting it off.

Eh. I won't worry about that one too much until I get a job.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! From the east coast anyway.
And with that I've already fulfilled my New Year's Resolution to post my 1,000th message on Smashboards. I'd like to thank you all for your help because without people to mingle with on Smashboards this wouldn't have been possible. Thank you, everyone! Have a Happy New Year!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Looks like this new years I'll be sitting alone in my room again...

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
I might as well drop by with a final farewell to each and every one of you all, so have a happy new year, enjoy the final Smash 4 DLC batch, and stay safe from flame wars.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Happy New Year to my fellow East Coasters

Here's to hoping Nintendo will have a great 2016 year for video games. Or at least better than last year.

Here's to hoping Sonic's 25th anniversary is radical.

Here's to all the students who will constantly accidentally put a 5 instead of a 6 on their papers.

Here's to all the people who will try to follow their resolutions and fail quickly.

Yay, 2016!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I may get to go to a party, if I ever get directions from my friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom