• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
This is the first character added to Smash that legitimately makes me salty... Wow...
I honestly don't know what to say anymore...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Well... Can't say anyone saw that coming.

Having said that, it's kind of funny how despite the constant back-and-forth between the whole "Ballot winner" thing, Sakurai actually did pick the most popular option.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Non-iconic rule is broken.
Bayonetta CAN be toned down!
Recency did matter for for recent Nintendo releases.

You don't know how satisfied I am to be right in speculation right now.
YOU DON'T KNOW!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
What just.

H-

I

I'm too in shock to be upset

I just

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hhhhhhhh

At least it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Starting Pit like that almost made me think it was my least wanted.

How did

Wh-

How on earth did she actually win the ballot?

Why all the third party choices?

Are they already planning ahead to Smash NX and decided to pick a bunch of disposable characters just to make the point that third parties are guests despite cutting Sonic and Mega Man being a horrible idea? Are they saving all the non-marketing first parties for NX?

HOW DID SHE OF ALL PEOPLE WIN THE BALLOT?

. . .Am I free to rally for my most wanted now?

Ivander

Smash Legend
.....Who's salty?

I see more rage over Corrin than Bayo. :s
Regardless, I'm personally enjoying every bit of it.

Although I think my internet has crashed in retaliation. My video just started buffing and it still hasn't come back on.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Guys, I had low expectations with this DLC, but even this is absolutely ridiculous. Beyond any crap I could have comprehended, literally done with Smash, and not buying this DLC at all.
umad tho

finalark

SNORLAX
CHOO CHOO ALL ABOARD THE BAYO HYPE TRAIN

Although skimming a few posts makes me feel like I'm the only one who's excited, even if I didn't vote for her =/

Strofirko

Smash Master
Only open if you can handle the salt.
The worst part is that people are salty over a character from a game we were supposed to support last year.

For some reason I think we failed as a nintendo communitty.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Well guys, this was fun.

Glad to have Bayonetta. Sad I havnt been invested in any Nintendo newcomer this game, other than Duck Hunt.

Better luck with the next director, or next phase of Sakurai. Whichever happens first. Or another surprise, but won't even contemplate that.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Interesting theory;

"Cloud=US, Corrin=JPN, Bayonetta=EU"

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
when they showed bayo I literally jumped out of my chair

two years of waiting finally over

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Cotton and Bayonetta...I'm too shocked to say much. Overall they look like amazing characters, and I can't wait to get my hands on them.

Bayonetta being the overall Ballot winner makes me laugh. All ya'll thought K. Rool or Ridley would win, but as I said, we overestimated the hardcore scene and underestimated the casual scene.

Regardless, I am so hype.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
RIP Wolf and Snake

But seriously, that was one hell of a way to end it. Sakurai sure does have a way of making people be hyped and changed their minds for characters they didn't know they wanted at first because I'm pumped.

Thank you, Sakurai, Bandai Namco and all other companies whose characters are in Smash Wii U and 3DS.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I feel really happy for BluePikmin11 (Now known as BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11 ) poor guy got chewed alive by many Smash fans left and right over the past few years over various characters he supported from Dr.Kawashima to Young Link to Professor Layton all the way to Bayonetta.

And yet despite all that he always pressed on for the characters he supported. Congrats buddy, you deserved this victory. ^^

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
So much for polling, lol.

I sure hope this isn't a result of the idea that the ballot didn't have any multivote countermeasures. No poles put Cloud, Corrin, or Bayo in the top 20... except Bayo barely sometimes. I'm not sure what this says about the influence of this community. I would love to see a detailed list of top vote getters though since Sakurai seemed to indicate he had detailed results. I want to see where our top 10 ended up... K Rool, Wolf, Inkling, Isaac, Snake, Bandana Dee, Krystal, Dixie, and the others that came in with more votes. Even Shantae and Shovel Knight although they likely had far fewer votes due to little to no Japanese support.

I have to admit. The Corrin thing almost seems like a joke, heh. If people hated the FE representation before...

I kind of mentally prepared for all this a while ago so I'm not at all upset... just a bit disappointed but with many questions. None of these characters were on my radar or interested me, although I'll happily get Cloud. I was prepared to not get what I wanted, but still be happy for the fans of other characters that worked hard to get support and were popular in this community that would likely get in instead. These characters aren't like that though. I can't be happy for Rool, Isaac, Dee, Inkling, Snake, Dixie, etc. I wanted Wolf quite a bit as well and it's still pretty shocking that not a single other Star Fox or DK rep happened. That was one thing I thought would at least happen what with those franchises having a couple popular characters demanded... at least that's what it seemed like based on polling within our own community.

So yeah, I guess we never really knew what was up and our influence is far smaller than we imagined. I guess we shouldn't be surprised, but still.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I quit. Bayonetta is amazing and looks amazing but was an upset on many fronts being the final character. Corrin is uncalled for but looks bad***. Oh yeah we're getting Cloud. Cool. Still quit.

Poots

Smash Journeyman
Current Participants:
Poots (Wolf)
TheAnvil (Dixie)
Epicmartin7 (Shovel Knight)
Pokechu (Pichu)
Substitution (Pichu)
KenboClarissian (Shovel Knight)
Luigi The President (K. Rool)
TheRealIrene (Inklings)

We all lost the bet...

Staarih

Smash Master
Full on Geno Mii costume yess!

Oh, surprising characters indeed, yay for Bayo tho! Leaves more Nintendo All-Stars to be chosen for the next game huh haha?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom