• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So...

The final broadcast...

A) Do you think it means we have one more update?
Yeah. Probably a few balance patches and extra stages and Mii costumes. Aside from that nothing else

B) Do you think it means this is the last news we will get?
Yes. I think we will know everything that happens in the near future on roster, stages and everything else. We will not be let in the dark anymore until Smash 5

Soul.

I mean, at this point I just hope it is the last one so speculation gets a rest after 4 years.

But more balance patches pls

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
It'd be pretty sweet if they kept a small team around to make balance patches.

Probably won't happen though.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So...

The final broadcast...

Probably the last news. I can see a few things being announced for one last wave in 2016 similar to how content from the July wave was unveiled on the E3 presentation.

Of course, I'm not really excluding the outcome in which this is the definite final batch of content.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
So...

The final broadcast...

Mix of both. It will be the last news we get get for the game surely, including the ballot winner. Although Im not sure if we are getting the ballot character in this update or down the road. Eitherway, it probably won't be long as they will likely rush the ballot character so they can wrap up development.

D

Deleted member

Man, let's just hope this final balance patch is really gonna be something good. Let Smash 4 go out with a bang.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So how many characters do you think we will get from here on?

Strofirko

Smash Master
Me too fellas,and 5 years from now,I will awake in a crazy dystopian future from smashboards where every single moderator from this thread,disappeared,most of the speculators faded away,most of the guys I talked on The Dead 4 Social and here will have unrecognizable names and Sakurai still trolling us all.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I'll stick around. Sm4sh speculation might be over but the game itself is still going strong.

Plus there's still other games to discuss and whatnot.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
So I checked my school schedule on the 15th and I have a final of philosophy BUT

It ends at 4pm EST, the direct is at 5pm EST....

YAY!!!!!!

Now, tbh I don;t really have last minute prediction, I still can only tell which have decent chances, but can;t tell how much or who would be in.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I just heard that they allowed the Cover Legendaries into VGC, it's going to be interesting to see how they adapt to the Primals, the Deer of Life, and Delta Dragon Jesus.

So...

The final broadcast...

I'm leaning towards B (ignoring things like patches of course), I don't think they'd build this up to be the last Smash direct if they were planning on giving us something big afterwards. I feel this is where they're going to go out with their big bang and then taper off with minor updates.

As for characters, I'm expecting only two more.

D

Deleted member

All you guys talking about wanting to grow a beard and I'm just here being jealous of damn smooth faces :p
Hey, her art isn't always like that, that's just what happens when both the artist and requester both think very well alike. :p
bu1UsRs.png

Me too fellas,and 5 years from now,I will awake in a crazy dystopian future from smashboards where every single moderator from this thread,disappeared,most of the speculators faded away,most of the guys I talked on The Dead 4 Social and here will have unrecognizable names and Sakurai still trolling us all.
I fear that some members of this thread will disappear after speculation ends
Then again, I thought the same would happen when the leaks group ended and look at this place now
Besides, this is a Social thread so I guess most of us will stay here(this is the only kind of social life we have anyways :^))

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So how many characters do you think we will get from here on?
Judging by what's been data mined from the game, I only expect two more characters.

Of course, if there are more than two, my expectations will be surpassed and it will be exciting. For now, it's best to just wait and see. I'm not making any predictions.

Nintendo is, naturally, hyping this up with all the fuss about this being the last presentation. Something big is coming and I see Sakurai wishing on going out with a bang, so I'm looking forward to what will happen.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Aussie boys who are better at Math:

This whole Smash Direct thing - you know the one I'm talking about I assume...

What time does it air in Australia-Town?

I'm in Melbourne PS so I run on AEST.

D

Deleted member

Sooo, a the design for Godzilla 2016 was shown.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
They ain't hiding him this time around. This design grows more and more on me, I always wanted a nightmarish '54 Jiller. Only thing that has bugged me us the eyes. Always like more expressive eyes and such. But I think it's only so neautral like that because it's movking a famous '54 pic.

Also, tiny teaser.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Aussie boys who are better at Math:

This whole Smash Direct thing - you know the one I'm talking about I assume...

What time does it air in Australia-Town?

I'm in Melbourne PS so I run on AEST.
It should be at 9 AM for your time zone.

Also, you could check your region's Nintendo website for the hour in your time zone, you know...

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
My long-time prediction was 3, so I'm sicking with Cloud + 2 other guys.

I'm pretty hyped though. I dreamt Abomasnow and Frosslass were revealed as newcomers, and now I'm sad, because I can't go online with "Obamasnow" as a tag. Rip dreams.

Soul.

Eh I'll stick around. As much as I loathe it, speculation is gone; it's gonna suck for some people but at least there's competitive Smash.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I hope we get three more characters, that way we we'll have consistency among the two waves. Obviously, looking for patterns usually doesn't work, but three more would really keep it even.

Can't really make any predictions, no signs to predict who is likely and who isn't. Honestly, that's the way it should be.

D

Deleted member

I just watched the first episode of RWBY
How can someone be so cute and innocent yet still be a badass at the same time?
And I thought this was supposed to be an anime, why are episodes around 10 minutes? Wait, the second one is 6 minutes long, wtf?

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I will feel so bad if K.Rool is not revealed, it would be like 3 years of Smash 4 propaganda for nothing.
Well, that would happen with every popular character, but K.Rool was requested for Melee, Brawl and now Smash 4, unlike Bandana Dee, Inklings and others.
It would be like the ultimate failure :/

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
So this is it. We are finally reaching the end of the Road with DLC/ Speculation. (which in some cases is a good thing)
I am thinking it's going to be the biggest Direct yet. Maybe even beating out the April Direct in terms of Reveals,
:4yoshi::4sheik::4zss::4charizard::4greninja:
I hope to see at least two of these characters get in. Wolf, Snake, K Rool, Isaac, Inkling and a few others.
It would also be incredible to see Ice Climbers make a return (Their 30th anniversary, Christmas is just around the corner, They are Winter characters) and it would be great to see them back.
But if this is truly the end of the line, I am more than happy to say I was glad to be apart of every moment of it. It has been some of the most fun things to discuss about. I will always remember joining the boards. Supporting my mains till one actually returned :lucas:(out of nowhere):4lucas: Either way it has been a blast.
I have made so many friends here on the boards since I joined and I wish I had joined a little bit earlier in speculation.

I like to think most of you will still be on the boards after Speculation ends. Either way:
Thanks for being such a great community guys :4pacman:

Soul.

The sad thing is that when an anticipated character is announced it sucks competitively.
*cough* :4mewtwo: *cough*

(I don't think Mewtwo is that bad tho lol)

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Les make some New Stage predictions to pass the time! :4pacman:
I'm honestly hoping any of the following happen;

WII U / 3DS
Yoshi's Story (Melee / 64, take your pick)
Spear Pillar (Brawl) (Yes, I know about Palkia, but Dialga and Cresselia are still around)
Inkopolis
Dr. Mario (@gameonion THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT)
Indie Medley (Why have just Butt Butt, Shan-bae, etc. when you can have all of them?)
Nintendo Badge Arcade Center

WII U
Balloon Fight (3DS)
Tomodachi Life (3DS)
Paper Mario (3DS)

3DS
Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)
Wii Fit Studio (Wii U)
Wrecking Crew (Wii U)
Smashville (Brawl)
Pirate Ship (Brawl)
Swapnote (Miiverse, basically)

If all of them happened I would really doubt Sakurai saying that he was only gonna add a couple more :4pacman:
Also, on the topic
upload_2015-12-9_15-45-47.png

Someone care to explain why we only have Brawl Stages as Smilies and not 64 / Melee / 3DS / Wii U stages too?
That's always struck me as odd :4pacman:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom