• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I think people are just poking fun at the fact you often bring anime/manga/Japanese stuff up out of nowhere (which there is nothing wrong with since this is a social thread).

Don't take it to heart.
I'm not being too serious (with the usage of Latin and Ganondorf gifs), but I hate what the term weeb implies.

Frosty-Sama it's all out of fun. It's just that you have so much knowledge of Japanese voice acting and you impressed me so much with it
:kirby:
I'm knowledgeable in everything in have an interest for. I am, and always have been, someone naturally curious.

It's how I know I actually like something. I feel the need to know the ins and outs of said subject.

It's the same reason why I read a lot on game and software development, mainly interviews with the creators. It's an area of interest, so I naturally want to know more about it as it enriches my experience.

I've read some stuff about corporate management before due to curiosity. Or history or geography.

With the Internet at my disposal, I can find answers to many of my questions. Whether for any work I need to do, whether for my own enjoyment, I do use the Internet for its intended purpose.

Well, techincally, you are the biggest weeb of this thread
Even if it's not that much compared to your usual weev
But no one is more weeb than you here
A weeb is someone obsessed with Japan to the point of rejecting their own culture and disrespecting the Japanese as a result.

As someone who appreciates cultural diversity and is versed in world history and geography, I find the misuse of the term and its meaning repulsive. Seriously, don't label me as that. It pisses me off.

Sorry for the rant, but a weeb is something I don't want to be in the first place, let alone any implications of that. Yes, I like anime and manga and yes, Japanese culture is interesting, but that's all there is to it. It's just appreciation for a form of art.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Age discussion?
I'm 17.
Will be 18 in August.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I've wondered how old I seem here...

And how closely it lines up with my real age.

IntelliHeath1

Smash Ace
Anyway, I want to pay a final respect to Iwata for everything that he have done for Smash Bros franchise. If it wasn't for him and Sakurai, Smash Bros wouldn't happens.

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
That would either make Grievous's death worse than it already is or make the movie even longer
And some reworking too because Obi-Wan needed to be separated from Anakin for him to become Darth Vader
More exciting than just being shot, really. And I think Episode 3 would only benefit from a rewrite :p

Whole prequel trilogy while we're at it.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
>Time of Direct: 2PM PST
>I live in PST
>I also live in AZ

Dang daylight savings and Arizona's time zone.... I think I have the presentation at 3 PM but Im too lazy to google it.

D

Deleted member

I'm not being too serious (with the usage of Latin and Ganondorf gifs), but I hate what the term weeb implies.

I'm knowledgeable in everything in have an interest for. I am, and always have been, someone naturally curious.

It's how I know I actually like something. I feel the need to know the ins and outs of said subject.

It's the same reason why I read a lot on game and software development, mainly interviews with the creators. It's an area of interest, so I naturally want to know more about it as it enriches my experience.

I've read some stuff about corporate management before due to curiosity. Or history or geography.

With the Internet at my disposal, I can find answers to many of my questions. Whether for any work I need to do, whether for my own enjoyment, I do use the Internet for its intended purpose.

A weeb is someone obsessed with Japan to the point of rejecting their own culture and disrespecting the Japanese as a result.

As someone who appreciates cultural diversity and is versed in world history and geography, I find the misuse of the term and its meaning repulsive. Seriously, don't label me as that. It pisses me off.

Sorry for the rant, but a weeb is something I don't want to be in the first place, let alone any implications of that. Yes, I like anime and manga and yes, Japanese culture is interesting, but that's all there is to it. It's just appreciation for a form of art.
Alright then, Frosty-sama
No, I can't call you that anynore, Frosty-senpai it is then! :p
Blame my friend who's been drawing most of that art I showed, she's the one helping me out with fashion. :p(Though I wanted to wear a skirt and stuff regardless.)
Oh, yeah, THAT art, I'm surprised she knos anything about clothing :p
Though I wish my friends were more fashionable(female friends included)
Most of them act like they do but I can see when someone puts thought into what they wear

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Might as well get it out of the way now:
Too lazy to make a pretty looking one. lol
The Isaac thing is just me poking fun btw
And the generator wouldn't display question marks so I had to write it out

Strofirko

Smash Master
I watched YT rewind 2015,I only recognized the Do it meme,and Markiplier and his FNAF videos, (both took 50% of the video),and on the flash back part, they remembered stuff like double rainbow and Its friday,and then I disliked and closed the video.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
It seems that Little Mac in Smash 3DS/Wii U borrows some stuff from his appearance in Brawl as an Assist Trophy.

http://www.smashbros.com/wii/en_us/items/assist/assist10.html

Note the running animation and some punches. (Oh, and look, there's a joke surrounding his height and Samus...)
The one two punch is his forward tilt and also funny thing, in Brawl, his AT was mostly to me known for falling off the stage a lot.

It haunted him again 7 years later

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
XCX
>Is told to go to a cave
>road is filled with hidden enemies as flowers
>goes right past them
>cave looks safe
>HIGH LEVELED GIANT SCORPION/SPIDER THING OUTTA NOWHERE
>ONE SHOTS ENTIRE PARTY

Seriously though, what's with this game and hidden monsters.

Noctilum might as well be Australia.
*exploring Oblivia in hopes of White Cometites* HOLY **** LEVEL 65 TYRA-*dead*
Also, thank Bionis for the Shadowrunner art being possible to sneak around everything

Chrono.

This is a figurine pack that comes with a code,entire different things.
I know, but I had to make the joke :p
Might as well get it out of the way now:

Too lazy to make a pretty looking one. lol
The Isaac thing is just me poking fun btw
And the generator wouldn't display question marks so I had to write it out
I saw this one making rounds on Twitter.
*exploring Oblivia in hopes of White Cometites* HOLY **** LEVEL 65 TYRA-*dead*
Also, thank Bionis for the Shadowrunner art being possible to sneak around everything
I don't have it since I went for the Gunner/Longsword class... I mean I could switch but I want the Beam Sword one first.

AreJay25

The one two punch is his forward tilt and also funny thing, in Brawl, his AT was mostly to me known for falling off the stage a lot.

It haunted him again 7 years later
Oh wow, you're right.

Sakurai had it in his mind since 2008. Really replicating that AT experience.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I know, but I had to make the joke :p

I saw this one making rounds on Twitter.

I don't have it since I went for the Gunner/Longsword class... I mean I could switch but I want the Beam Sword one first.
The everything gets leaked part made me laugh so much.
:laugh:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
In a perfect world:
For the record, I have the age of X. It's easier than it sounds.

May I join this trio?
You guys ever see the episode of Dexter's Lab where he makes a synthetic beard? Allow me to stroke my luxurious beard and think about this great great episode.

(Uhm, relax guys, it doesn't happen for every guy. Sorry. I guess just keep shaving until your 5 o clock shadow starts getting thick enough that you think you can grow one if you let it go.... but once it starts.... it won't stop... until you get a beard trimmer.)

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Once this final broadcast airs, it will be my last time around here. I've been waiting for this moment the past few months lolol.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
No matter what happens, there will be mass disappointment. I wonder who will be part of the final DLC batch.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

The final broadcast...

A) Do you think it means we have one more update?
B) Do you think it means this is the last news we will get?

AreJay25

So...

The final broadcast...

A) Do you think it means we have one more update?
B) Do you think it means this is the last news we will get?
Maybe not the final update (hopefully not), but I'm definitely going to say it's the last time we get major news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom