• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Are we talking about Pokken? Can we have Hawluha already? Ge honestly should have gotten in over Pikachu Libre IMO, or at least came first so people wouldn't write him off as a hopeless cause because they share a lot of similarities in how they'd fight.

Sneaky sneaky. :)

EDIT: Does anybody have a favorite Fakemon design or designs? I asked quite a ways back but got bottompage'd.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
But seriously **** SMB2's first ice world. Still stuck on it. :laugh:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
>PM adds actual alternate costumes for every character, a ton of new stages, returning stages, two new characters, new modes
>Stripped down

OK dude.
I find this more disrespectful to PM than PM is to Brawl.

I wonder if it can get funded before I get bored and go to sleep. :D
You realize that it originally was stripped down, right? Like, originally a portion of the roster wasn't available in Project M. Moves were changed (some DEFINITELY not for the better), stages were removed, some technical things were removed.

It WAS stripped down and THEN had new things added.

wait did you mean lost levels or USA.

Because if it's the former im an idiot. If it's the latter i'm an idiot who was right

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I guess if Indivisible gets funded, you could say that it's going to be pretty visible Indie game.

Appreciate my pun, it's beautiful haha.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I wonder if this has anything to do with the Trans-Pacific Trade Agreement? You know, the one that, if passed, would make game mods illegal.
TPP doesn't change any laws, it just reinforces laws already existing (especially in the US). I wrote an article about it on SourceGaming.info

Warchamp says it's not cease and desist and I have no reason to doubt his word right now. It might be a combination of a lot of factors.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yay for being right. Who are you using the most?

say anything but Toad or Luigi and you're dead to me
Mario because I'm boring. :bee:

Also just for traditional purposes and I just prefer him. :p

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A lot of the things you actually speak of our free for EVERYONE to pull from.

Christianity is a religion. Most religions are free range and open for interpretation.

A lot of Disney's work is based on fairy tales that were around before copyright evenexisted. And thus open for many to use with little to no rights issues in the way. It's why you can get reprints of them under many different bookhouses, and different interpretations by many artists.

Improvements in science actually helps more than it harms. It progresses us and it's actually kind of sad it stands up as example in defending a silly mod for a copyright video game.

You picked in actuality things that were hair-splitting and silly concepts to use to defend Project M.

Which I'm not even really bad mouthing to begin with? I said for something that broke an artist code of touching something that ultimately belongs to only one person/company. It's a damn fine piece of artistic work.
You didn't bring up any of this fair use, copyright, helpful vs. harmful stuff in your initial post. Now you're making things more specific, hey? That's exactly my point. I'm not defending P:M, I'm just pointing out how what you said applies to a lot of things.

"I dislike anything that takes another's work and tries to improve it! Except science because it helps and Disney because they were legally entitled and fan-fics because they're harmless and religion because it's open for interpretation etc. etc. etc." So I guess just like... video game mods, huh? Or do you also dislike it when people make non-profit remixes of songs and such?

It's not a big deal or whatever, and I disagree with your opinion but it's still your opinion, sometimes generalizing is just a bit of a double-edged sword.

Don't really have anything more to say on it~

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
OH MY BISCUITS AND GRAVY ONLY 10K TO GO FOR INDIVISIBLE!!!!! :colorful::bluejump::colorful:
NOW ITS CLOSER TO 5K
YESSS!!!

You realize that it originally was stripped down, right? Like, originally a portion of the roster wasn't available in Project M. Moves were changed (some DEFINITELY not for the better), stages were removed, some technical things were removed.

It WAS stripped down and THEN had new things added.
Um, yeah...because it was still being developed...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Come to think of it...

Shouldn't we have a Linkle Trailer soon?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You know what, yes. I'm wrong.

Everytime I open my mouth I'm wrong.

There are you guys happy?

Because literally everytime I open my mouth I'm told my opinion is for **** and wrong.

Welp. There.

I just won't say it anymore and I'll be a happy little docile Roger who goes with the flow and never once has a counter opinion.

Because I'm honestly pretty sick of every time I open my mouth even people that claim to be my friends turn against me. Just for daring to be different or daring to say something counter to the rest of the board.

And that's all I'm saying on that matter, because it's happened more to me more times than I count now. I say my opinion and you all set in on me and tear me apart.

And while some of my opinions may not be the best worded in the bunch? It's gotten pretty ****ty to have it happen almost every other time I open my mouth.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Indivisible has $200 left.

It's time.

Edit:

NEVER MIND

GOAL REACHED

CELEBRATION

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Because literally everytime I open my mouth I'm told my opinion is for **** and wrong.

Welp. There.

I just won't say it anymore and I'll be a happy little docile Roger who goes with the flow and never once has a counter opinion.

Because I'm honestly pretty sick of every time I open my mouth even people that claim to be my friends turn against me. Just for daring to be different or daring to say something counter to the rest of the board.

And that's all I'm saying on that matter, because it's happened more to me more times than I count now. I say my opinion and you all set in on me and tear me apart.

And while some of my opinions may not be the best worded in the bunch? It's gotten pretty ****ty to have it happen almost every other time I open my mouth.
None of what goes on here really matters, so I wouldn't trouble yourself too much over it.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master

Welp. There.

I've been on your side for this whole argument, but you really shouldn't make a scene like this when people are just arguing the other side. No one is taking your character into question here, they just have a different opinion on the subject.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Welp. There.

Roger.

You've said this a billion times.

It's hard to believe this is anything more than a stunt at this point.

If you feel that way, then know we don't do it out of spite or malice.

People argue. It's nothing personal. You thinking that your friends are turning against you is your own fault because no one is, Roger. We like you as much as we always have and we still consider you our friend. Don't let insecurities ruin relationships like I have.

If you just need to vent, then shoot me a PM, we can talk, but speeches like these are losing their meaning.

Last edited:

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Indivisible got such a sudden jump at the end it makes me think a bunch of people were waiting to try to be the one with the "winning" pledge that made the project reach its goal.

I totally wasn't one of them...

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
People argue but damn. There's only so many times I can be the one with the opinion that gets belittled. You feel me?

Especially every time ya'll act like I puked up the anti-christ and told him to slit your mama's throat.

This time it was about Project M. Last time it was about who knows what? But it's not like it's the first time and I'm just being some dramatic little baby who storms out of the room.

Ya'll legit have a problem with me it feels like sometimes. And I'm not the only one this happens to. It seems to be a cycle of one week? It's me. Next it's Burb, etc, etc.

You guys don't know how to argue sometimes without making someone feel ganged up on. I've seen it happen to other people other than me to.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Let's simmer down a bit, please. Tensions might be a little high, but please try to simmer down a notch.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Warchamp says it's not cease and desist and I have no reason to doubt his word right now. It might be a combination of a lot of factors.
Its odd, because even to the PM member I asked, it appeared to be a C&D, but even if its not exactly C&D, he specifically mentioned they received a "gag order", thus this means there is definitely some legal action taken against them. He also said he doesn't know which company is taken action, meaning only higher ups on the team are dealing with it, or hes not allowed to specifically mention the party involved. Eitherway, he strongly implied it was not Nintendo.

So with all the uncertainty, I feel its safe to assume they are keeping a lot of answers from us.

Last edited:
Temp avi. Terrible dimensions

The fact that The Final Countdown is playing in another tab is beautiful. :p
I played it like 7 times . . . It's even playing as I type this post.

*Ahem*
So finally this was a success. I've pestered you guys way too much. I'm surprised I never was told to stop for spam. So now that this is over I no longer have to bother any of you with my obnoxious constant posts so most of you should be happy about this.

To anyone who gave the game a look, tried it, funded it, or at least hoped it would be made. Thank you for dealing with me and thanks for at least trying. In the long run this thread's actions probably didn't mean jack but I still apreciate it.

Now if you'll excucse me I have calc homework due in 8 hours and i'm 50% asleep.

Now all that remains is stretch goals and the long wait while Lab Zero crafts its masterpiece.

Last edited:

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
/me randomly runs in to celebrate the successful funding of Indivisible
/me realizes he's not in the chatroom anymore

...Hello all of the dozen or so people I know from the chat!

AJNA FOR SMASH

That is all.

/me slowly fades into the background and returns to the chatroom

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
People argue but damn. There's only so many times I can be the one with the opinion that gets belittled. You feel me?

Especially every time ya'll act like I puked up the anti-christ and told him to slit your mama's throat.

This time it was about Project M. Last time it was about who knows what? But it's not like it's the first time and I'm just being some dramatic little baby who storms out of the room.

Ya'll legit have a problem with me it feels like sometimes. And I'm not the only one this happens too. It seems to be a cycle of one week? It's me. Next it's Burb, etc, etc.

You guys don't know how to argue sometimes without making someone feel ganged up on. I've seen it happen to other people other than me too.
Roger, let's not get into that kind of discussion.

Throwing the blame game isn't gonna help anyone here.

The offer about the PM is still here if you want it.

Last edited:
hahaha I thought maybe it was over. Maybe I was clean

ARE YOU TELLING ME I CAN GET MORE MUSIC!

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
/me randomly runs in to celebrate the successful funding of Indivisible
/me realizes he's not in the chatroom anymore

...Hello all of the dozen or so people I know from the chat!

AJNA FOR SMASH

That is all.

/me slowly fades into the background and returns to the chatroom
BTW, that chatroom STILL TOTALLY EXISTS RIGHT NOW GUYS.
You know, if you want an extra hangout...

D

Deleted member

Tree Gelbman Tree Gelbman No hard feelings were meant, I'm certain, I don't think we were trying to gang up on you. At least from my end, as if there was any harshness from others, I've probably accidently skimmed over it. I was simpilily sharing my honest thoughts. If I was being harsh, I apologize, as I didn't mean to be. I mean, I don't know what people think of me anyway, so sometimes I'm unaware of my actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom