• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wasn't Reuniclus on the list?

He's my favorite gen 5 pokemon

And Tyrantrum was as well?

My favorite gen 6 pokemon

That's....something

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
On the note of the list, someone posted this poll found on the Pokken site. Apparently the developers took a poll on who they felt the new candidate was and here were their reactions:

50 staff members attempted to predict the Pokemon and their reactions were polled after knowing the result. Here are the results of that:

>– My prediction is correct! I’m really happy! – 1
>– My prediction missed, but I’m still glad – 13
>– My prediction missed, I’m salty – 31
>– I’m actually perplexed, so I can’t answer – 5
Due to the number of people who missed their prediction, it's probably not a "likely" candidate and they're probably a bit more left field then we're expecting. Granted, that doesn't rule out popular Pokémon as some of those would still have that surprise factor (or at least, would be surprising compared to others on this list), but I doubt it'd be someone everyone's guessing if that's the case.

The anime certainly doesn't help things any.
In-game, Reshiram is only 1 foot taller than the 9 feet tall AZ.
A bit of a fun fact about the Unova trio is that collectively they are the shortest cover legendary trio, standing at ~9 (Zekrom and Kyurem), ~10 (Reshiram and Kyurem-B) and ~11 (Kyurem-W) ft tall. Every other cover legendary is either as tall as Kyurem-W or taller excluding Suicune (6'07 ft) and Xerneas (9'10 ft).

Ignoring Suicune (who was made into a Cover Legendary rather then planned as one), Zekrom in particular holds the title for being the shortest cover legendary, standing at 9'06 ft.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Its gonna be garbodor just watch.I'm calling it now garbodor...Or Jynx.Jynx would be left-field

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

A bit of a fun fact about the Unova trio is that collectively they are the shortest cover legendary trio, standing at ~9 (Zekrom and Kyurem), ~10 (Reshiram and Kyurem-B) and ~11 (Kyurem-W) ft tall. Every other cover legendary is either as tall as Kyurem-W or taller excluding Suicune (6'07 ft) and Xerneas (9'10 ft).

Ignoring Suicune (who was made into a Cover Legendary rather then planned as one), Zekrom in particular holds the title for being the shortest cover legendary, standing at 9'06 ft.
I always found that funny, because by the spirtes/models/designs in general(With the exception of normal kyruem, who looks way shorter than the other two) make them look so fricken' tall...

Chrono.

On the note of the list, someone posted this poll found on the Pokken site. Apparently the developers took a poll on who they felt the new candidate was and here were their reactions:

Due to the number of people who missed their prediction, it's probably not a "likely" candidate and they're probably a bit more left field then we're expecting. Granted, that doesn't rule out popular Pokémon as some of those would still have that surprise factor (or at least, would be surprising compared to others on this list), but I doubt it'd be someone everyone's guessing if that's the case.
This kinda tells me it isn't Swampert.

D

Deleted member

Now it would be the biggest surprise of all if it actually does end up being swampert somehow. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What I'd like to think is everyone guess something random because they figured it wouldn't be the obvious thing

And it turned out to be the obvious thing.

But, then again, weren't a bunch of them salty?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

*Reshiram Intensifies*

Come on, left field...

D

Deleted member

I swear I'd die if it ended up being Groudon somehow.... :p Literally the only person on the entire internet that wants him, right here. <33333

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm so underwhelemed with the Pokken roster so far.

Like I don't even know if I'll buy it. Which says a lot considering it's crossing Pokemon and Tekken together in a way. Two things I love very much.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm not really planning on buying it

It looks nice, but again. No pokemon I like.

I like pokemon and all, but I'm not into buying their side games. Especially with only playable pokemon I don't care that much for

Chrono.

I plan on getting it since it's a fighting game, the roster is serviceable to me so far and it looks fun.

Problem when you make a Pokemon fighting game is that there's SO many choices and obviously out of the 700+ you can only include like 20 maybe even less.

You're bound to alienate a big group (especially when most of the choices so far have been predictable and one of the unpredictable ones ended up being a 2nd Pikachu).

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Do you evolve in the mystery dungeon series, or just stay the standard starter?

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I'm so underwhelemed with the Pokken roster so far.

Like I don't even know if I'll buy it. Which says a lot considering it's crossing Pokemon and Tekken together in a way. Two things I love very much.
Honestly, it's the game itself I'm iffy on.
The perspective is weird and local co-op is guaranteed to be awkward because GamePad only seriously?

I would preferred an actual game that was just Tekken with Pokemon.

But...I can't fault the roster when it has Weavile.
Especially because he doesn't have a Mega Evo and isn't a Legendary, but still got in.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We're probably getting DLC fighters for Pokken.

At least... It'd be the smart thing to do.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of want to try super mystery dungeon

I dunno

I'd have a tough time picking between squirtle and cyndaquil

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I kind of want to try super mystery dungeon

I dunno

I'd have a tough time picking between squirtle and cyndaquil
It's really good. Like, Explorers of Sky good. The game does not dissapoint, especially when compared to gates.

And just make one of the two your partner. :p

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's hilarious he still uses that filter to represent the metal power up

I dunno why I find that hilarious

Edit: Yep, music from undertale

Last edited:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
uhh I had one of the weirdest dreams????

There was a new Doramiibo, but it was like an accordion. Everyone wanted it for Christmas. There was also a new Catmiibo, and everyone wanted that too.

Except, there was one person who got both, and then said something kind of braggy. I felt like starting a fight even tho there was no point, so I did. Unexpectedly, though, a lot of people took my side. We kinda went back and forth until I quit.

So, anyways, I was playing some ToonTown Rewritten (childhood game YO), but I saw like Frostwraith on my friend list? And there was someone else from Smashboards there, too, and they told me that they were going to try and stop the fight. That's when I woke up. I want to say the person who I fought with had a Lucas avatar and used this type of color in the dream.

I'm not gonna lie, I wanna say that person was the one who came here every now and then, and was a big big big Lucas fan. Like, Lucas was their most wanted. They didn't really care for any of the other picks. Did they have pickles in their name?

EDIT: Also, I'm sick of Lopunny being shafted. I'll be partially surprised if she isn't a playable Pokken character. Just partially. I'm gonna become the new Arcadenik. I'll wait 10 years for Lopunny. notreally

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, it's only number 3 in the portal

Witch Palace escape and The hardest platformer game in the world must be super good

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Jack septiceye is playing genocide undertale

and used up the Snowman pieces at the beginning

I dunno if he even still has the pie

Dunno if Sans run is much possible without them

Edit: Eh, it's only 45. Probably not too bad Legendary Hero is pretty close

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

cobanermani456 did a pretty epic Zelda statue unboxing. He even has the exclusive Link statue that was available at E3 1997.

The First4Figures TP Ganondorf ended up being broken though, unfortunately.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I still find it funny that no one is sad for the death of Undyne because the fight frustrates them so much

D

Deleted member

A New Challenger Approaches January 15th!
The hint this time is the Kana character hint is ラ/ra/la

Start hunting
Oh boy, I love these reveals
Probably because I haven't been disapointed by any of them even though no specific Pokemon I wanted have gotten in
Let's take a look at the list
Mightyena
In my dreams
Scolipede
I'm liking these already
Hydreigon
Welp, this is it, pack it up, nothing can beat thi--

Galvantula
Everyone get in that hype train because it's leaving the station right now
images (12).jpg

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
A two hour delayed school day (second one in a row, I might add), the SMBZ reboot, and another Pokken reveal coming? What is this, my late Christmas presents? Or early birthday presents?

I just hope the newcomer doesn't get leaked again...

:094:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, he's trying to beat sans with healing items no greater than cinnamon bunnies

I don't think healing 22 hp is going to help a whole lot

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
So because I have too much time on my hands, I compiled a list of the Pokemon with Ra in their name (barring pre-evos)

Raticate
Raichu
Vileplume
Parasect
Kadabra
Tentacruel
Slowbro
Kingler
Marowak
Hitmonchan
Hitmonlee
Chansey