• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just want blastoise! That doesn't sound outrageous

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
My friend just gave me my first amiibo, Mewtwo. He said that he had to go to 4 different stores to find it. I didn't know they were hard to find.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Darn auto correct.

Meant suplex.
Is it bad if I first had to make sure that a Duplex wasn't some like sub-kind of suplex before making my joke?

But, good.
Now I can just hope that we get Hitmonlee to do a kinniku buster because he's basically all shoulder line.

Edit:

0:34
THAT'S THE WORLD'S SMALLEST KINNIKU BUSTER AND I APPROVE.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Is it bad if I first had to make sure that a Duplex wasn't some like sub-kind of suplex before making my joke?

But, good.
Now I can just hope that we get Hitmonlee to do a kinniku buster because he's basically all shoulder line.
But Hitmonlee has basically no arm strength. Hitmonlee would be more Ramenman. Machamp would be more Kinnikuman.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I'm honestly looking forward to regular Pikachu the most.

Not because he's the mascot or even a favorite Pokémon of mine, but because that Pikachu was raised by the god damn Mishima family.

Can YOUR Pikachu do a Hell Sweep? Sorry, no TM for that! This Pikachu was raised by the most dangerous family in the world! And that just makes it all the more adorable~

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
But Hitmonlee has basically no arm strength. Hitmonlee would be more Ramenman. Machamp would be more Kinnikuman.
Yeah but Machamp doesn't do it so I had to go with the fighting type that reminded me most of a Kinnikuman character.

Edit:

I stand vindicated

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I'm honestly looking forward to regular Pikachu the most.

Not because he's the mascot or even a favorite Pokémon of mine, but because that Pikachu was raised by the god damn Mishima family.

Can YOUR Pikachu do a Hell Sweep? Sorry, no TM for that! This Pikachu was raised by the most dangerous family in the world! And that just makes it all the more adorable~
>Implying it can beat a Scrafty trained by Paul and Marshall Law or Bob's Snorlax
C'mon son.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Guys.
I'm gonna say it.
I don't think any trailer for a fighting game character will hit the hype level that happened when...
THE WULF PACK GOT ITS BIG DEBUT

Edit: I meant, personally.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I should probably see who would be on my list for most wanted for Pokkén Tournament.
1: Sableye/Mawile
2: Mewtwo (Hopefully Shadow Mewtwo is more or less the same or just a super powered alt costume for Mewtwo)
3: Hawlucha
4: Aegislash

I don't really have a true wishlist, but I'll be happy with the roster when it finally launches.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well that's a good start.
But I hope he gets ahead in life and can have a full home for himself one day.

Edit:
That's a duplex, and not really a house

Two half houses more like

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Wait what? ANd here I thought that was the whole reason why he even posted that image. :p
>He
I will continue to let this site guess.
It's like 1:7 that people assume it's male:female; interestingly enough.

Guys, just remember.

THIS
Is all we had for like 8 months

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder.

What do you people think of Rufus from Street Fighter?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hey, in king's quest

Should I save the pregnant woman...who wasn't even a character in chapter 1

Or

The Majestic unicorns, mr. fancy cakes. Who is tough enough that he can actually kill you in the first chapter

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I wonder.

I wouldn't mind him returning to Street Fighter, but it looks like Birdie's filling the big fat guy niche already. I don't see them pulling a Slim Bob treatment like they did in Tekken, nor can I see his moveset being changed dramatically. It's a shame, but I thought he was a fun addition to SFIV. If anything, my most wanted veterans for Street Fighter V are Q, Remy and Yun/Yang.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My character's either Chun-Li or Cody though.

And I don't think Cody's coming to this new one

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I actually love Rufus.

I find him amazing.

My most wanted SF vets are Rufus, Crimson Viper, Sakura, Dan, and Hugo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I wonder.

I actually like him believe it or not.... I oddly don't find him annoying whatsoever(TBH, but I can see why people would.) and he's one of my best characters....

Which is a deadly combination to piss all of my friends of blissfully~.

Last edited by a moderator:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I wonder.

He was fun in Vanilla 4.

He isn't all that great to me in Ultra

As a character? Ehh, Bob was better.

My character's either Chun-Li or Cody though.

And I don't think Cody's coming to this new one
Mine is always THE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION, MIKE BISON AKA BALROG

image.jpeg

Shroob

Sup?
I still don't get the 'plot' of Street Fighter, tbh. How does Shadaloo use fighting tournaments for world takeover?.... And when did Sagat leave?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I still don't get the 'plot' of Street Fighter, tbh. How does Shadaloo use fighting tournaments for world takeover?.... And when did Sagat leave?
He left post SF2.

Bison was pissed that left. It's why he became more of a peaceful person in his SSF4 ending

And as for who and how the tournaments are ran? Remember Shadaloo have a lot of money despite being a terrorist group. It's same way how SIN and the (sort of) Illuminati ran the World Warrior Tournaments in 3 & 4.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He left post SF2.

Bison was pissed that left. It's why he became more of a peaceful person in his SSF4 ending

And as for who and how the tournaments are ran? Remember Shadaloo have a lot of money despite being a terrorist group. It's same way how SIN and the (sort of) Illuminati ran the World Warrior Tournaments in 3 & 4.
Just wait until they find out it's actually bison bucks they're funding it with

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
He left post SF2.

But.... what's the purpose of them?

Don't tell me it's 'to gather the world's strongest fighters in one place."

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

It actually is. It's mostly for Bison to find the perfect body and/or take out any immediate threats like Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and etc. Plus the Tournaments have been going on for a long while since SF1. Sagat (I think) ran the first tournament to find the strongest fighters and got beat by Ryu.

Most villains do it for other reasons as well. Plus it's a fighter, most of them have those tournament settings.
Even Smash was guilty of that with Brawl at the beginning of SSE and probably would have been better if they did just that.

Shroob

Sup?
This is gonna be an oddball question, but maybe @N3ON knows.

Anyone know if Abysswolf ever plans on finishing his SSB4 sprites? His DA account is pretty dead.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So I surivived going under the drill today. (for a bunch of tooth fillings)
After I got the needle in my arm, I was talking and wondering when I'd fall asleep... and then I guess I just blacked out after a while. When I woke up, people were walking with me and holding on to me because I was woozy.
I was told the dentist accidentally cut the inside of my cheek with a tool while working, but I don't feel it.
For some reason I just NOW realized that there's a new Olympic Games this year.

And I've been following the new Mario & Sonic game for months.

It just now hit me.

wtf is wrong with me
"Mario Vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars? The heck is that"?
-me, around few days ago.

-----

D

Deleted member

It's to gather all the world's strongest fighters in one place.... But that was just in street fighter 2 that the shadoloo did that, om which at the time all that was known about them were the four heavenly kings and that some characters were on a mission to take them down. This was back in the days when they didnt really focus on story at all...

They weren't really expanded upon until the alpha series. Then it became very clear what they were. The shadoloo is an organazation all about drugs/weapons/expirementation. etc. Especially that last one. In SF games since alpha, a ton of characters have been some sort of experiment. Basically they have these tournaments to eliminate big threats to their power. Oh, and they also have the weaponry of a medium sized country's military. :p

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
I finally have some time on my hands to discuss who I think are the most likely Pokemon to be revealed for Pokken next week in light of that recent hint.

Generation 1:

Kangaskhan - Kangaskhan has gained a surge of attention since X/Y. It was one of the first Pokemon revealed to have a Mega, and its Mega is also one of the most popular out there, especially in competitive play. We also don't have any Normal-type Pokemon in Pokken yet, so that's another trait that it has going for it. I can see Kangaskhan using a rather generic Normal-type play style ranging from punches and kicks, as well as some stomping and possibly some quake-style attacks (Kangaskhan kind of has the look of a Ground-type, not to mention it can learn Ground-type attacks like Earthquake). It's Mega Evolution would make for a great Burst Attack where its baby will deliver the same attack after its parent uses it, and perhaps the two will team up for a dangerous beat up onto the opponent.

Only problem is that two Pokemon fighting as one fighter might be a little too much since we already have support Pokemon. Yes, Lopunny still remains the most probably Normal-type to be included (and one that Kangaskhan has to compete with due to Lopunny's popularity, who could also have a little more interesting of a moveset as well with all the kicking), but in light of the hint, Kangaskhan has the potential to beat Lopunny to Pokken... for now.

Generation 2:

Raikou - With Suicune already in the game, I won't be surprised if the other Legendary Beasts will appear as fighters. Haikou could use a very animalistic way of fighting in addition to its Electric attacks. It does have to compete with two other Pokemon that would fight very similar to it, both of which are among the Pokemon that fall under that hint. If Raikou joins the fray though, hopefully we'll see Entei join in at some point to complete the trio.

Tyranitar - A Pokemon that was among the strongest candidates in the days leading to the December reveal who now finds itself being among the strongest candidates for the next fighter reveal once again because the new hinted letter also appears in its Japanese name. As the big pseudo-legendary of generation II, Tyranitar could really stand out with a quake-style moveset combined with Rock moves, ability to summon a sandstorm, and a Godzilla-like attacks involving biting, scratching, and stomping. Its popularity and fame, further proven with the fact it was one of the first Pokemon to get a Mega, does give it a strong edge in its competition, not to mention we don't have any major Rock-type attackers on the roster currently. I'd say Tyranitar is the runner-up most probably inclusion in light of the hint.

Generation 3:

Swampert - This could just be my personal bias speaking, but I think Swampert is the strongest candidate for the next fighter reveal. We already have Blaziken and Sceptile of the Hoenn trio in the roster, and Swampert is the only one of its trio left to join. Just like its fellow friends of the trio, it also gained a Mega Evolution recently, and it's a very popular Pokemon as well. Compared to Suicune, Swampert would easily stand out with a mud-style moveset using moves like Mud Bomb, Muddy Water, and Mud Shot to highlight its Mud Fish characteristics. It would also use a quake-style moveset to emphasize the Ground-type (a type that is yet to be represented in Pokken). Of course, through in some physical moves like Hammer Arm into the mix (along with some hardcore punches when it Mega Evolves), and you'll have for an interesting inclusion.

Yes, the whole "completing the trio" is a fanmade rule, but personally, I can't help but think the developers will probably want to complete the trio at some point. I mean, it just feels... awkward... when you have two members of a trio yet you leave the other out.

Aggron - A relatively popular Pokemon who could also utilize a quake-style moveset in addition to using moves revolving around the Rock-typing, which we are still yet to see in the roster. Aggron could also utilize a wide variety of Steel-type attacks like Metal Claw, Metal Sound, Heavy Slam, Iron Head, Iron Tail, and Metal Burst to highlight the Steel-type (to the point that it would do a far better job representing that typing compared to Lucario). It even has a Mega Evolution as well, and it could also a Godzilla-style moveset thanks to its design. Only problem is that it has to compete with Tyranitar, who is capable of utilizing a very similar moveset (except Tyranitar would summon sandstorms and can't use Steel-type attacks as much as Aggron can) and is far more popular.

Manectric - Another relatively popular Pokemon who can also utilize a moveset very similar to Raikou, and because of that, it's a major competitor for who will get into Pokken first (although it's worth mentioning that Manectric has a Mega). Of course, we have another Pokemon that falls under the recent hint who is also capable of a similar moveset. Can you guess who it is?

Generation 4:

Luxray - If you guessed Luxray to the above question, you are correct! It's moveset would look very much like what Raikou or Manectric are capable of. It's also a popular suggestion for Pokken as well. I'll admit this is more of a hopeful candidate for me, but Luxray is popular and has a relatively major role in the anime (arguably Clemont's main Pokemon).

Darkrai - Very popular Pokemon, and one of the most popular legendaries out there, who could utilize a more special-oriented Dark-type moveset in contrast to Weavile's physical-oriented Dark-type moveset. I can also see Darkrai utilizing its Dark Void attacks to constantly stun opponents with sleep, then use its ability to drain their health gradually overtime with the next attack inflicted onto the opponent ending the Bad Dreams effect (think of SFV's Poison effect, except you can't move and it's the initiator's job to end the Poison-effect). This is a Pokemon that I can definitely see generating a lot of hype as well if it was included in Pokken.

Generation 5:

I know some will suggest Zebstrika as being capable of what Raikou, Manectric, and Luxray are doing, but I feel like that compared to the three, Zebstrika wouldn't really do any biting and scratching compared to them. It's also not that popular or noteworthy compared to them and the wider Pokemon spectrum.

Anyways, onto the generation 5 Pokemon that I think are very likely candidates for the next reveal.

Galvantula - Looks yet again Galvantula finds itself matching up with a new hint. One of the first Generation 5 Pokemon revealed, with some solid popularity and support on its back along with the fact no Bug-types currently represented on the roster, I can't help but think Galvantula is one of the best candidates for the first Bug-type to be revealed. It would make for a really unique fighter with its bug attacks combined with spider attacks and electricity (Electroweb anyone?).

Hydreigon - Hydreigon joins the "I'm matching up with the Pokken hint twice in a row" club along with Tyranitar, Galvantula, and another Pokemon that we'll look at next. This is one of the strongest candidates for the true Dragon-type rep at the moment. Hydreigon would definitely attack as a true Dragon terror, attacking with ferocious bites and special-based attacks like Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, and Flamethrower (perhaps even executing these attacks three times at once thanks to its three heads). Salamence is a major competitor since it can be similar in moveset potential, but Hydreigon does have the advantage of being a Generation V Pokemon, so there's that.

Terrakion - And here's the unnamed Pokemon from the aforementioned club I was previously talking about. Terrakion is a strong candidate for the true ramming-kind of fighter, not to mention he could also use Rock-type attacks and a quake-style moveset. Some Pokemon already mentioned do serve as competition for similar moveset potential though. Out of the four generation 5 candidates though, I can see Terrakion being the most likely since its the most popular and the one that create the most hype.

Landorus - Another very popular legendary from the 5th generation. As the leader of the Genie Trio, Landorus seems like the most reasonable inclusion for the first of its trio to be included, as having Tornadus and not Thundurus or the other way around would feel rather awkward. I can see Landorus using a Ground-typing moveset to emphasize its type and its connection to the soil, along with some wind-based attacks to highlight the Flying-type. It's Burst Attack could definitely involve its Therian Forme for some interesting options.

I know I previously said Terrakion was the generation 5 Pokemon that would create the most hype compared to others from the same generation if it was included in Pokken, but I think Landorus could create just as much or perhaps slightly less hype compared to Terrakion (not entirely sure if Terrakion is the more popular Pokemon between it and Landorus).

Generation 6:

Tyrantrum - Very popular 6th generation Pokemon who could utilize a T-rex style moveset complete with ferocious bites and damaging headbutts (as well as Rock-type moveset). Out of all the sixth generation Pokemon that match up with the hint, I think Tyrantrum is the one that will generation the most hype.

Who's my top 5 most wanted in light of that hint:

1: Swampert - It's my favorite of the Hoenn trio, and one of my top 5 favorite Pokemon overall (it was even my favorite Pokemon back in the generation 3 days). I'm really interested in seeing it's mud-style moveset, not to mention seeing its Mega Evolution for its Burst Attack would be pretty beast (being the most muscular Pokemon out there when Mega Evolved that would even send shivers down Machamp's spine). I'll be really hyped to see Swampert in Pokken, as I think it is the most probably inclusion for January 15... and if it truly does, that will be the first time a Pokemon from my top 10 most wanted makes it in!

2: Luxray - It's one of my favorite generation 4 Pokemon, one that I love for its design.

3: Tyrantrum - Who wouldn't want to see a T-Rex Pokemon destroying the competition?

4: Darkrai - One of the coolest legendaries out there, one who would make for a terrifying yet amusingly fun fighter with its sleep mechanic.

5: Terrakion - Rock-type who attacks by ramming into foes like a bull, can utilize unique Fighting-type moves like Sacred Sword, and has a pretty neat design? Count me in!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom