• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Transparency always comes up as black by default if you try to use images with transparency as your desktop background since...well, there is nothing to show through the transparency.

You'll have to put it onto some kind of background if you don't want the black background. Here's the full image if you want to try it.

Alternatively I can try to do it.
It's still crazy to think that we have a game where Sonic can fight mario,Pacman can fight donkey kong,Link can fight Cloud,Samus can fight Bayonetta,Ryu can fight Captain Falcon,and Megaman can fight Kirby.Really is insane

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's still crazy to think that we have a game where Sonic can fight mario,Pacman can fight donkey kong,Link can fight Cloud,Samus can fight Bayonetta,Ryu can fight Captain Falcon,and Megaman can fight Kirby.Really is insane
It's cool, but I wish there were more to the game itself.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
New topic! Out of all the characters you main, why do you main them?

I already posted it in the Spoon Sword Social
There are a few different characters I play often, but I only really consider 4 of them my "mains."

:4olimar:: Pikmin's one of my all-time favorite game series and I think Sakurai and co. did a great job making a unique moveset for Olimar/Alph that fits them and the games they hail from. On one hand, I sometimes wish he was a little more popular. On the other hand, I sort of like how he's a low-key character and a bit of an underdog in Smash 4.

:4ness:: Ness is my favorite character to use in Melee, so I pretty much reserve him a spot in my favorite character list for all other Smash games he appears in too. I played Earthbound for the first time recently and enjoyed it a bunch, so I don't see that changing anytime soon.

:rosalina:: Rosalina is one of my favorite members of the main Mario cast and I often play as her in spinoff games and Super Mario 3D World. I'm also a fan of characters who work together (like the Ice Climbers in Melee and Brawl), so the Rosalina & Luma combo was a natural choice for me.

:4villagerf:: I played the turnip dress villager in the demo, thought she was pretty silly, and decided to stick with her despite having a lot of trouble at first. The villager represents one of my favorite series and does it well. Plus, she's the character I used to clear most of the 9.0 classic challenges, so she's got that going for her as well.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
My main is now :4cloud:, and it is only one because that is what a main happens be.

Some variant characters I enjoy using (well, I enjoy all, honestly), to win:
:4wario2::4dedede::rosalina::4tlink:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Transparency always comes up as black by default if you try to use images with transparency as your desktop background since...well, there is nothing to show through the transparency.

You'll have to put it onto some kind of background if you don't want the black background. Here's the full image if you want to try it.

Alternatively I can try to do it.
I actually think it's a problem with my computer. It won't accept any of my pictures for desktop backgrounds except for one I think I did before upgrading to Windows 10. Heck, it won't even put up the basic Windows background pictures it has for me to choose. All, but that one picture I had before just pops the same black screen of nothing.

Last edited:

Khoru

Smash Champion
i've been playing ff7
it holds up surprisingly well? better than contemporary games anyway lol

my mains are uh.... :4yoshi::4zss::4bowser::4dk::rosalina:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That's very interesting. It's a bit small sure, but I theorize that maybe they had something to deal with bot posts or spam.
There are some more interesting tidbits in the article, trust me.

Spikeez

Smash Cadet
1.8 million, huh? So it seems they might have been indeed preventing spam by allowing one vote per device or something like that.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Watched Star Wars: The Force Awakening. Was pretty great. :grin:

Also started watching the anime series Noragami.

So... Besides the near 2 million ballot votes news, what did I miss?

Last edited:

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
Am I too late for the "who do you main and why" train?

:4yoshi: - my boy ever since the casual days of melee. and he's pretty good in smash 4 too
:4charizard: :4peach: :4rob: - i played random when unlocking characters, and i liked the way these three played
:4miibrawl: - you can play as nikki. super fun character to use. wish more places freed miis...

D

Deleted member

Watched Star Wars: The Force Awakening. Was pretty great. :grin:

Also started watching the anime series Noragami.

So... Besides the near 2 million ballot votes news, what did I miss?
*Awakens

And this Noragami anime, what's it about, Frosty-senpai? :dr^_^:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The column is now translated!

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/12/23/496/

My personal favorite line?

"I personally felt that having too many Fire Emblem characters was a problem, but after talking it over with the development staff and discussing logistics, I felt certain that I could make them a fun character."

Last edited:

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603

My person favorite line?

"I personally felt that having too many Fire Emblem characters was a problem, but after talking it over with the development staff and discussing logistics, I felt certain that I could make them a fun character."
And just when I thought I couldn't hate the choice of Corrin more, Sakurai makes me hate it more.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

My person favorite line?

While I'm still not too thrilled on Corrin's inclusion, I completely understand what Sakurai is saying.

Chrono.

I'm watching that Dream video from Rare and the main character for that looks like he came straight outta Killer Instinct.

Strofirko

Smash Master

My person favorite line?

"1.8 million votes worldwide (after removing blatantly duplicated or repeated votes)":denzel:
And just when I thought I couldn't hate the choice of Corrin more, Sakurai makes me hate it more.
Yeah now you have an entire development staff to make vodoo dolls with it.:yeahboi:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

My person favorite line?

You have to wonder how many votes it would have been when counting blatant repetitions.

God forbid they release specifics on actual character placements, though 1.8 million votes alone is intriguing by itself.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
You have to wonder how many votes it would have been when counting blatant repetitions.

God forbid they release specifics on actual character placements, though 1.8 million votes alone is intriguing by itself.
I'm thinking that it may have been votes with the same or extremly similiar descriptions. Just a guess though, as it's pretty vague.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And that's why whenever I voted multiple times, I changed the wording and reasoning entirely for each one, used completely different devices, and alternated between male and female. :p

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
People don't seem to relize that Fire Emblem is as popular as Pokemon (In Japan at least). So for Smash fans saying that Mario, and Pokemon deserve those reps, and Fire Emblem not deserving it is quite stupid to me. I think people seem to hate recent Popular things when they are too sudden (Like Undertale, and FNAF).

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
So Splatoon came out to late for the Inkling to get into the base game and it came out too early for them to become DLC...

****ing timing.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
So Splatoon came out to late for the Inkling to get into the base game and it came out too early for them to become DLC...

****ing timing.
I wonder what games fell at exactly the right time to be considered for inclusiom. It couldn't have JUST been Fates, right? Xenoblade Chronicles X was just a tad too early, I guess.

People don't seem to relize that Fire Emblem is as popular as Pokemon (In Japan at least).
Fire Emblem is as big as Pokemon. . .one of the biggest pieces of media ever. . . Yeah im going to have a really hard time believing that based on how the FE games sell and the whole nearly being ended.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
People don't seem to relize that Fire Emblem is as popular as Pokemon (In Japan at least).
Pokémon is the second most successful video game franchise with a huge amount of merchandise, FE has probably only barely cracked 5 million and its merchandising is much more limited. Even just going by Japan, Pokémon has been far more successful even at its lowest point. They are not even in the same league and they're nowhere near comparable in terms of relative success.

FE is a good franchise, but lets not vastly overplay how notable it really is.

Edit: :4greninja:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And that's why whenever I voted multiple times, I changed the wording and reasoning entirely for each one, used completely different devices, and alternated between male and female. :p
Now this is how you stuff a ballot!
Take notes for Next Day class!
K rool will live again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom