• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePsychoWolf

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3926-5863-0271
It's funny, I was just watching a playthrough of FE Fates and thinking, during multiple moments, "Corrin would have a great Smash moveset, with the Dragon Fang and all..."

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Tumblr actually is hyped about Bayonetta.

Most gamer blogs I follow hold her up as an example of a sexualized woman in gaming done right.
They should. Bayonetta is the Third greatest Female Video Game Character behind Chun-Li and Samus

So are you gonna main her as well or are you gonna ignore her gracious style

Scamper52596

Smash Lord
Premium
Since they got the Kid Icarus voice actors to narrate the trailer, maybe this means we could get new Palutena's Guidances for the DLC characters?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well we got the predicted Knucles and Tails costumes.

I wonder if Smash 5 will ascend a costume to full character like Brawl did the Charizard and 4 to Little Mac.

Ryu and Little Mac's rivaly is so strong they're doing it in someone else's poster

D

Deleted member

I'm still here
Just more hyped
This. Especially for corrin. Did not expect corrin at all, but since he's in I got two of my pipedream wishes in one. :p
-Handsome/cute male.
-Dragon character.(That isn't good ol' big bellied charizard.)

Bayoneta looks amazing too.

All in all, way more exciting to me than the usual choices.(Shovel Knight/Banjo/Shantae etc.) Only thing that would make this more hype for me would be if K Rool was announced too. Or a pipe dream like Ridley.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Tumblr is probably ranting on how sexualized Bayonetta is while congratulating Sakurai for including a bi character

Fix
Probably true on Bayonetta. But the thing is about trying to please Tumblr is that they are never satisfied. They already seen the "flaws" with Corrin when it comes to being bi. Specifically in who he/she is gay with.

It's the exact opposite, from what I've seen so far.

They love Bayonetta, hate Corrin.
Well, thats weird considering Anita hates Bayonetta.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Check my post a bit above. I accidentally posted it before I finished so I deleted it, finished it and undeleted it.

Basically a last speech regarding all of this. I don't have much more to say, so I'll be off to download Cloud and go to sleep later on.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Can i just say we have 6 FE characters.I dont think sakurai cares about reps. I think it never been a factor and this kinda helps that theory

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
I just noticed this

Two Clouds.
Donkey Kong's face bothers me...

Also, while I am upset that Bayonetta got in over Rayman, I can't get mad, she did win fair and square.
While I may not have Rayman, I'm happy for the Bayonetta fans. Congratulations guys. And as for Rayman, to me...

Oh yeah, and Corrin's a thing I guess.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I honestly thought I was ok with whoever they added, as I believe Geno wouldn't get in regardless

But I was wrong. They picked the one character that gives me negative feelings

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
hey guys i just wanted to pop in see the reactions....now as the person who allways defended bayo getting in i feel vindicated
now some in my position would be assholes about this and rub it in that they were right but i think im above that.....i will be however humming moon river everytime i see burb post....what im going to have some fun im just not going to constantly post about how right i was

anyway i am 100% happy with what we got as i have said time and time again we cant predict sakurai you cant predict the world population and most importantly you cant predic the ant for awesome characters in smash sorry to thoes who didnt make it but look at it like this Smash6(wiiu and 3ds are considered 4 and 5 by sakurai if you all have forgotten that ridbit) have a long list of newcomers that will generate hype

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Oh, and I love how Sakurai was wearing her glasses!
[runs into the sunset, squealing like a little girl]

D

Deleted member

This. Especially for corrin. Did not expect corrin at all, but since he's in I got two of my pipedream wishes in one. :p
-Handsome/cute male.
-Dragon character.(That isn't good ol' big bellied charizard.)

Bayoneta looks amazing too.

All in all, way more exciting to me than the usual choices.(Shovel Knight/Banjo/Shantae etc.) Only thing that would make this more hype for me would be if K Rool was announced too. Or a pipe dream like Ridley.
Corrin is also some of the things I wanted from newcomers
-Fates character
-Manakete or just shapeshifting in general
-Chainsaws
-Spears
Probably true on Bayonetta. But the thing is about trying to please Tumblr is that they are never satisfied. They already seen the "flaws" with Corrin when it comes to being bi. Specifically in who he/she is gay with.

Well, thats weird considering Anita hates Bayonetta.
Are they ****ting on second best husbando Zero? You DON'T do that kind of stuff

Also, Tumblr actually hates Anita from what I've seen

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Totally buying Cloud and that Geno costume after finals.

@Geno Boost how do you feel? I actually supported geno when I first joined this site. I'm kinda of happy that a character I wanted got in some shape or form.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
What the **** was this. What an abomination of a Direct this was.

We started out terribly with Waifu Emblem’s Corrin. Corrin exist nothing more than to shove Fire Emblem 14 down the throats of everyone because “OMG ADVERTISING THE NEW GAME IS SOOOOO IMPORANT!” With this crap in, we have six, yes, SIX ****ing Fire Emblem characters. More than Zelda. As much as POKEMON. And as much as Mother, DK, and Star Fox combined. Sakurai’s bias is apparently soooooo important here.

We also get Bayonetta, a ****** third-party character whom’s both games have failed. She is irrelevant in the grand scheme of gaming, yet she somehows gets the undeserved honor of playable position. And yet, she is better than Snake, Bomberman, Rayman, Simon Belmont, Leon Kennedy, etc when it comes to third-party character.

“OH BUT SHE IS THE BALLOT WINNER!” Oh please. Her fans must have spammed requests of her all day and all night to get her in. There is NOOOOOO way Bayonetta could have gotten more support than K. Rool, Snake, Dixie, Isaac, Bandana Dee, or Inklings, all clearly more popular choices. I can’t fathom how she could have gotten in for reasons others than ballot stuffing. Plus it gives Sega a second character...and there are better choices out there to get.

Meanwhile, DK got totally shafted as representation was so poorly done for that franchise. We didn’t get K. Rool, Dixie, or even ****ing Cranky Kong in Smash. Inklings came from the massively successful Splatoon yet were not deemed worthy of representation. And the worst insult of all is that Wolf failed to return. This should have been the final pre-ballot choice in place of Corrin yet he wasn’t “worthy” enough to return. Wolf had everything going for him, EVERYTHING, and still did not make it.

Unacceptable. I’m like, legitimately surprised that Lucas even got to return, or Mega Man getting in at all for that matter. I had such high hopes for the end of DLC and it all crashed down in flame. I will not be downloading the Corrin or Bayonetta DLC because of how awful of inclusions they are. Seven DLC character, and we still miss out on both Wolf and a DK character in favor of another Fire Emblem character and an insignificant third-party character.

I am done with Smash. If this is the direction that the franchise is going to go, then I want no part in it. I am also done with Nintendo after the Wii U and will not be buying a NX (unless Mother 3 got localized but that ain’t happening). **** you Sakurai.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
To those not buying Bayonetta:

You're missing out on the fun! :3

She had the biggest moveset potential I've seen for a Smash game that I felt Sakurai couldn't ignore.

And it happened!

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

We started out terribly with Waifu Emblem’s Corrin. Corrin exist nothing more than to shove Fire Emblem 14 down the throats of everyone because “OMG ADVERTISING THE NEW GAME IS SOOOOO IMPORANT!” .
Wasn't Lucas planned for that same thing in melee :p

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
So, things I was right about:

-Dr. Mario
-Roy
-Characters being added would be protagonists
-No Inkling

Things I was wrong about:
-Snake
-Captain Toad
-No more third parties
-Everything else

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Are they ****ting on second best husbando Zero? You DON'T do that kind of stuff
They already did when the game first released in Japan. When they found out the personalities of the two gay characters, they were called out as being "not a good representative of the LGBT community."

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Surprised you guys are taking Corrin so well
Don't get me wrong, I don't like Corrin, but he's in - whatever. I get it. I'm apathetic toward his inclusion/

I mean, it's not an out of nowhere character.

Like someone else I actually DON'T like

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All the dislikes on Corrin's trailers, it's Federation Force all over again.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
Wow. I'm astonished. I have never been more disappointed at anything Smash related ever. So many great characters to chose from. Instead, what do we get? Another Fire Emblem swordsman and a garbage third party character. Also, Fire Emblem now has more characters than Zelda, three times as many as Donkey Kong, twice as many as Kirby, and the same amount as Pokémon. That is not ok with me.
And Bayonetta? Really? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would rather have had Shovel Knight or Shantae instead of this nonsense. Her game flopped massively, and she isn't a video game icon in the slightest. Also, I don't for a second believe that she was the most popular vote. No way she was more popular than King K. Rool, Inklings, Bandana Dee, Isaac, Wolf, etc.

Call me salty or whatever you want. This is just how I feel about this. Needless to say, I am not buying Corrin or Bayonetta. I want no part of the garbage. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll be curling up in the corner with TheBitBlock like the sad gray blobs we are.
To those not buying Bayonetta:

You're missing out on the trash.
I agree.

Burb

The Absolute Worst

We started out terribly with Waifu Emblem’s Corrin. Corrin exist nothing more than to shove Fire Emblem 14 down the throats of everyone because “OMG ADVERTISING THE NEW GAME IS SOOOOO IMPORANT!” With this crap in, we have six, yes, SIX ****ing Fire Emblem characters. More than Zelda. As much as POKEMON. And as much as Mother, DK, and Star Fox combined. Sakurai’s bias is apparently soooooo important here.

We also get Bayonetta, a ****** third-party character whom’s both games have failed. She is irrelevant in the grand scheme of gaming, yet she somehows gets the undeserved honor of playable position. And yet, she is better than Snake, Bomberman, Rayman, Simon Belmont, Leon Kennedy, etc when it comes to third-party character.

“OH BUT SHE IS THE BALLOT WINNER!” Oh please. Her fans must have spammed requests of her all day and all night to get her in. There is NOOOOOO way Bayonetta could have gotten more support than K. Rool, Snake, Dixie, Isaac, Bandana Dee, or Inklings, all clearly more popular choices. I can’t fathom how she could have gotten in for reasons others than ballot stuffing. Plus it gives Sega a second character...and there are better choices out there to get.

Meanwhile, DK got totally shafted as representation was so poorly done for that franchise. We didn’t get K. Rool, Dixie, or even ****ing Cranky Kong in Smash. Inklings came from the massively successful Splatoon yet were not deemed worthy of representation. And the worst insult of all is that Wolf failed to return. This should have been the final pre-ballot choice in place of Corrin yet he wasn’t “worthy” enough to return. Wolf had everything going for him, EVERYTHING, and still did not make it.

Unacceptable. I’m like, legitimately surprised that Lucas even got to return, or Mega Man getting in at all for that matter. I had such high hopes for the end of DLC and it all crashed down in flame. I will not be downloading the Corrin or Bayonetta DLC because of how awful of inclusions they are. Seven DLC character, and we still miss out on both Wolf and a DK character in favor of another Fire Emblem character and an insignificant third-party character.

I am done with Smash. If this is the direction that the franchise is going to go, then I want no part in it. I am also done with Nintendo after the Wii U and will not be buying a NX (unless Mother 3 got localized but that ain’t happening). **** you Sakurai.
'Cause you had a bad day
You're taking one down
You sing a sad song just to turn it around
You say you don't know
You tell me don't lie
You work at a smile, and you go for a ride
You had a bad day
The camera don't lie
You're coming back down, and you really don't mind
You had a bad day
You had a bad day

And Bayonetta? Really? I can't believe I'm saying this, but I would rather have had Shovel Knight or Shantae instead of this nonsense. Her game flopped massively, and she isn't a video game icon in the slightest. Also, I don't for a second believe that she was the most popular vote. No way she was more popular than King K. Rool, Inklings, Bandana Dee, Isaac, Wolf, etc.
"Bayonetta's game flopped!"

(Proceeds to talk about Shantae, a character who's been around for a decade and has never amounted to anything, and Isaac, who's also from a series that failed).

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
So, in the end, I was right about one of the stage slots supposed to be Pirate Ship for 3DS, considering we only have 2 more 3DS stages to look forward to, yet there were 3 stage slots.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I really liked Corrin but I didn't expect him. Bayonetta was really unexpected, though. Most voted for worldwide? Wow. She's cool, though, and her moveset looks sooo good! Sakurai is a genius! I wonder who the number one most voted for character in the USA was, though.

finalark

SNORLAX
Corrin was included for the same exact reason why Roy was in Melee - to drum up hype for a new FE game.

On that note, apparently the protagonist of FE Fates is half ****ing dragon. So much for trying to stay in the dark on that game.

I'm really excited for Bayo, I personally voted for Isaac from Golden Sun but I never thought he'd actually get in. I feel like most of the salt towards her inclusion comes from people who are mad that the character they voted for didn't make the cut.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well I was very disappointed. Bayonetta was meh to me, but her winning the ballot? I'm calling a little shenanigans.
Nintendo was originally going to add Bayonetta to the base game, but feared she raise the game's rating to T. So they devised a plan. Have a smash ballot so that they could justify her inclusion and get the game released with an E10 rating. Bayonetta looks near complete and so does her stage. There's no way they got that all done in a month on top of Cloud/Midgear and Corrin.
Sakurai mentioned how characters from previous smash games were in the top 5. I'm really disappointed they only chose 1 ballot character. I believe Krool was winning, but Sakurai hates him so he made him a mii costume.

As for Corrin, as soon as I saw him I knew this was going to be s**t. 6 Fire Emblem characters.

I'm done with smash 4, and I want Sakurai out.

Someone please finish up the Project M dev leak so I we can play as Sami, Isaac, Lyn, and Knuckles in smash.

Goodbye I'm out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom