• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I was gone for a day. In that time Smashboards was crashed and I came back to find the Nintenzone Social was locked.
I had every reason to believe a controversial character reveal turned Smashboards inside out.

D

Deleted member

How was @People 's overall reaction to this while the website was messing up yesterday ?

D

Deleted member

6 pages on the new thread and nothing new has apparently happening? Goddamnit guys, slow down a bit

D

Deleted member

or make a theory
ok

one piece spoilers warning
My theory is that because One Piece wasn't intended to last this long, Zoro was never intended initially to train under Mihawk, their next confrontation was most likely going to be a fight between the two, but because One Piece kept getting extended, Zoro trained under him for a power up as it was the only way Zoro could realistically get a power up for New World thus changing the dynamic between the two.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

How was @People 's overall reaction to this while the website was messing up yesterday ?
Video Itself: Really darn good! Loved most everything about it.

Personal Reaction: That was really cool, but I know people are going to use this to make pot shots at Metroid: Other M (released 5 years ago), the unreleased Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Nintendo in general. Oh hey look they did! I'm embarrassed to be a Metroid fan again.

I'm miffed that a bad fanbase can ruin something awesome.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Video Itself: Really darn good! Loved most everything about it.

Personal Reaction: That was really cool, but I know people are going to use this to make pot shots at Metroid: Other M (released 5 years ago), the unreleased Metroid Prime: Federation Force and Nintendo in general. Oh hey look they did! I'm embarrassed to be a Metroid fan again.

I'm miffed that a bad fanbase can ruin something awesome.
Exactly what's happening with Steven Universe at the moment... Tumblr should just be renamed Stumblr because of those morons failing to see anything outside of their own stupidity.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Exactly what's happening with Steven Universe at the moment... Tumblr should just be renamed Stumblr because of those morons failing to see anything outside of their own stupidity.
Did something else happen?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's funny because that's awfully close to the Dutch word 'stom' which means dumb
Did something else happen?
The ****heads are saying the death threats and everything were entirely justified because she was white. She's hispanic

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The ****heads are saying the death threats and everything were entirely justified because she was white. She's hispanic
This is definitely a reminder of the price that can be payed if the internet doesn't favor what you do or your actions. Such a terrible thing stuff like this has to occur.

I wish more people would realize that hatred breeds more hatred, and that responding with hate has never solved anything and never will.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This is definitely a reminder of the price that can be payed if the internet doesn't favor what you do or your actions. Such a terrible thing stuff like this has to occur.

I wish more people would realize that hatred breeds more hatred, and that responding with hate has never solved anything and never will.
Not to mention Tumblr needs punishment

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I was talking about how the staff does absolutely nothing on Tumblr, no bans or warning, anything. Were you talking about puns or *ahem* adult content blogs on Tumblr?
Yup. Definitely not intentional irony.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration

Am I the only one who thinks there's something....off about Sora in this screenshot? Excited to see the trailers at any rate.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Am I the only one who thinks there's something....off about Sora in this screenshot? Excited to see the trailers at any rate.
I think he gained some less "Japanese" facial features.

Huh.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

He looks...older I guess?

He's definitely not in the same style as before

D

Deleted member

Metroid: The Sky Calls impressions:

CG is on point for the most part and Samus's outfit is really bad to the bone. Definitely pretty sweet.
Actor looks similar to Samus which is pretty neat, although her acting and voicework is not really that great.
They have Samus react a little too much, but It's not terrible or anything. Just a bit annoying when she gets rather whiny.
The grain effect is neat, but they overused it a bit.
The actor should probably stop opening her eyes so wide with the blank stare. It's a bit..silly. hahaha.

Well, was a neat watch! It's nice someone at least cared to put this much effort into something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chrono.

Oh yeah, that was a thing
What was announced?
That it was in development (not even joking).

The trailer isn't out to the public yet but apparently the Eraqus/Xehanort convo from the E3 trailer is fully shown.

Chrono.

Well then.

Only a rumor but still

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Well then.

Only a rumor but still
That's right. It is only a rumor.