• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Looking at the chat, people are really not liking the indie games. I just keep seeing Crash and God of War lol. I swear, if a Crash game does get announced I will lose it.

Also, Ratchet and Clank being Shown off! Never played the series as a kid, but I feel like I should get into it. Played Sly and Jax and Daxter, but maybe I'll get into this series soon.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
You know the real kicker about that Crash Shirt is though.

That's his Naughty dog design.
If they got him back it would be Amazing..

If Crash comes back, he needs to join Smash!
If Crash got in Smash aside from me wanting a theme on here to literally be Crash Boards.
We could count on Sakurai and his team to bring back the good old days of Crash and keep him as true to his original form as possible. If Megaman, Pacman, Ryu and Cloud are anything to go by.
:4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I think there's a misunderstanding on my end. I don't entirely get what you mean? It's better not to get involved with anything controversial like this imo
I just saw Fat Princess got really happy for a second. Loved the game and all of it's crazy stuff.

Then I learned it was a spinoff D:

At least now it is time for Ratchet which is awesome.
There's Fat Princess? Gamexplain pls upload stuff on this

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
The joke from what I remember was pointless and seemed like a pot shot that didn't need to be made. I don't even think there was any mention to gg before the joke was made. It wasn't even funny. That wasn't even an incident where people got angry over the joke, people just found it stupid.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Y'know, I'm really getting tired of hearing about VR.

It'll probably be worst if Microsoft or Nintendo ever got into the VR business (And in Nintendo's case, it'll be their second go around)

Burb

The Absolute Worst
The only thing I will say regarding Smash 5 is that if Captain Toad, Inklings, and Codename STEAM reps don't get into Smash 4 as DLC, then I think they are safe bets for the next game.
I don't think any of those are a given except Inklings.

Codename STEAM is on the same boat as Wonderful 101. Both were flops, both are unlikely to have follow-ups, and both will likely be forgotten entirely by the time Smash 5 rolls around.

Never stopped a Smash character before.
Such a flimsy argument, that can be applied to just about anything.

Last edited:

Soul.

No one really cares about VR.

Sony's just doing this to sell PlayStation VR.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I don't think any of those are a given except Inklings.

Codename STEAM is on the same boat as Wonderful 101. Both were flops, both are unlikely to have follow-ups, and both will likely be forgotten entirely by the time Smash 5 rolls around.

Such a flimsy argument, that can be applied to just about anything.
It's not a flimsy argument when it's true.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
It's not a flimsy argument when it's true.
You were listing characters who's presence in Smash 5 is a given. By hand-waving the issues with Codename STEAM representation with "Didn't stop any other series!", then you're essentially saying representation for any series is a given.

No Codename STEAM characters have been popular picks for SSB4. Not before release, and not for DLC. If it couldn't get a following when it was shiny and new, it's not going to suddenly have one half a decade later when Smash 5 is on the horizon.

Last edited:

Strofirko

Smash Master
Y'know, I'm really getting tired of hearing about VR.

It'll probably be worst if Microsoft or Nintendo ever got into the VR business (And in Nintendo's case, it'll be their second go around)
MS already jumped in,Nintendo flat out say they don't care.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
One of these days, VR will die.

We just have to be patient. :laugh:

Chrono.

VR could be interesting but Sony makes it look so boring

They're repeating the same mistake they did with the PS Move and the EyeToy They keep making their games glorified tech demos instead of trying to make something worthwhile.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
You were listing characters who's presence in Smash 5 is a given. By hand-waving the issues with Codename STEAM representation with "Didn't stop any other series!", then you're essentially saying representation for any series is a given.

No Codename STEAM characters have been popular picks for SSB4. Not before release, and not for DLC. If it couldn't get a following when it was shiny and new, it's not going to suddenly have one half a decade later when Smash 5 is on the horizon.
I'd didn't say they "were a given".

I said they are pretty safe bets.

Stop projecting things I didn't say onto my posts. That's the second time you've done that here.

Once again, the truth isn't a flimsy argument. Xenoblade was hardly a top seller before Smash, and still isn't. So why can't STEAM get in?

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Job Simulator

JOB SIMULA......What the ****?

Why? That's not even a decent game idea.

Is this what VR is, people looking like idiots trying to do everyday task with the Playstation Move? Because I don't like it

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
While I'm a big fan of masks, VR does not appeal to me.

I do not want to be forced into a first-person perspective every time I play a game.

D

Deleted member

Once again, the truth isn't a flimsy argument. Xenoblade was hardly a top seller before Smash, and still isn't. So why can't STEAM get in?
To be fair, Xenoblade may not have been a huge seller, but it didn't bomb like W101 and S.T.E.A.M.

Strofirko

Smash Master
The "simulator genre" is the only crap that works with VR nowadays.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It really sucks that codename STEAM bombed, because it's a pretty dang good game

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
To be fair, Xenoblade may not have been a huge seller, but it didn't bomb like W101 and S.T.E.A.M.
I think it very much did.

Didn't hear a word of it before Smash. And GameStop meddling really **** on it's potential to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom