• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Banjo better not be top 3. . . he really isn't that big.
He's a popular character that people want in Smash Bros. If it means being able to swing the around like it's the authority on Smash reps, then my God they will vote for him.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Yeah, I can understand that. I just think the meme is too funny though XD.
I really dislike that meme, and people use it incorrectly (like any other memes)...so it's lost all memening (get it?)

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Because most people have let the meme die ;)

Banjo better not be top 3. . . he really isn't that big.
What is this this blasphemy?!? He's bigger than every other character out there!
Untitled3.png
:troll:

I really dislike that meme, and people use it incorrectly (like any other memes)...so it's lost all memening (get it?)
What do you meme by that?
:troll:

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Go to your room! And you can forget having star bits for dinner!

That's it! No internet for a week!
Hey don't be so meme!

:smash:
Snake, Prof. Layton and Ryu H.?

I don't even know. Too many choices to pick from lol :p
Nope.

By the way the least amount of votes goes to Jim Raynor from Starcraft...with 2 votes.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
Hey everybody, it's been a while! I see you've changed up the place a bit since I was last here. Why am I posting out of the blue, you may ask? Well, I'm happy to say that it's because, in honor of the first anniversary of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, I am going to share some inside information that I've been sitting on for some time, exclusively for you all! How do I have secret Nintendo intelligence? It's simple: My uncle is Nintendo. I am Sakurai. I am part of a focus group for Universal Studios Orlando. That's right, my information is about "Nintendo Land."

(Disclaimer: This is nothing groundbreaking or mind-blowing, just interesting and perhaps reassuring depending on who you are.)

I'll start with a little background. I live in central Florida, so I have been to Universal Orlando several times. Late last year I received an e-mail from Universal asking me if I'd like to take part in their customer feedback group, where I would take surveys that would help them improve the parks and decide upon new things to introduce. Back in February or March of this year, I received a survey in my inbox about potential theme park events Universal was considering. Some of the ideas included taping episodes of The Biggest Loser and The Apprentice at the parks, events where guests would get to take part in a small-scale version of The Voice, and events themed around Pokémon. Yeah, that last one stood out to me, as well. However, at the time it didn't even occur to me that this could be a potential hint that Universal was partnering with Nintendo, but as soon as the news from the Nintendo investor meeting broke later on, I immediately remembered what I had heard in the customer feedback program. Sadly, though Pokémon was listed at the beginning of the survey as one of the properties they were considering making events based on, each survey participant was given several ideas at random from the whole group of concepts, and I was only shown details on several reality television-based events. However, given the scale of the other concepts, I'd expect nothing less than a stage show, but more likely some sort of interactive event where guests can enroll in a Pokémon Trainers' School or even major Play! Pokémon events. Of course, it's possible that feedback wasn't positive enough on whatever they had in mind and they won't hold any Pokémon-themed events at Universal Orlando, but given that Nintendo Land is coming, that seems unlikely.

One of the main things I take away from this insight is that work on Nintendo attractions has been under way for at least several months longer than we've known about the partnership, likely as long as all year. Also, more excitingly, it seems safe to say that Pokémon will indeed be a part of Nintendo Land when it finally comes. We all knew that Mario and Zelda will be there, but with how overly-protective The Pokémon Company seems to always be, there was reason to question whether their franchise would be represented; that is, up until now. I for one look forward to visiting the Orlando Pokémon Center in several years.

That's it for my leak! If I end up hearing anything else about Universal's Nintendo IP plans from the customer feedback program in the future, I'll keep you guys updated. Hope you enjoyed this little inside scoop.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
On whether he’s interested in having Xenoblade Chronicles X characters in Smash Bros…

Takahashi: I’m not entirely sure, but you could always ask Mr. Sakurai about that. [laughs]

Lmao, this is the best.

Hopefully, I should get X by Xmas, Im pretty excited for it.
Don't forget to X-Factor in that the game may become your X-Wife just before X-Mas which seems X-Citing! :troll:
I'm going to far now...

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Hey everybody, it's been a while! I see you've changed up the place a bit since I was last here. Why am I posting out of the blue, you may ask? Well, I'm happy to say that it's because, in honor of the first anniversary of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, I am going to share some inside information that I've been sitting on for some time, exclusively for you all! How do I have secret Nintendo intelligence? It's simple: My uncle is Nintendo. I am Sakurai. I am part of a focus group for Universal Studios Orlando. That's right, my information is about "Nintendo Land."

(Disclaimer: This is nothing groundbreaking or mind-blowing, just interesting and perhaps reassuring depending on who you are.)

I'll start with a little background. I live in central Florida, so I have been to Universal Orlando several times. Late last year I received an e-mail from Universal asking me if I'd like to take part in their customer feedback group, where I would take surveys that would help them improve the parks and decide upon new things to introduce. Back in February or March of this year, I received a survey in my inbox about potential theme park events Universal was considering. Some of the ideas included taping episodes of The Biggest Loser and The Apprentice at the parks, events where guests would get to take part in a small-scale version of The Voice, and events themed around Pokémon. Yeah, that last one stood out to me, as well. However, at the time it didn't even occur to me that this could be a potential hint that Universal was partnering with Nintendo, but as soon as the news from the Nintendo investor meeting broke later on, I immediately remembered what I had heard in the customer feedback program. Sadly, though Pokémon was listed at the beginning of the survey as one of the properties they were considering making events based on, each survey participant was given several ideas at random from the whole group of concepts, and I was only shown details on several reality television-based events. However, given the scale of the other concepts, I'd expect nothing less than a stage show, but more likely some sort of interactive event where guests can enroll in a Pokémon Trainers' School or even major Play! Pokémon events. Of course, it's possible that feedback wasn't positive enough on whatever they had in mind and they won't hold any Pokémon-themed events at Universal Orlando, but given that Nintendo Land is coming, that seems unlikely.

One of the main things I take away from this insight is that work on Nintendo attractions has been under way for at least several months longer than we've known about the partnership, likely as long as all year. Also, more excitingly, it seems safe to say that Pokémon will indeed be a part of Nintendo Land when it finally comes. We all knew that Mario and Zelda will be there, but with how overly-protective The Pokémon Company seems to always be, there was reason to question whether their franchise would be represented; that is, up until now. I for one look forward to visiting the Orlando Pokémon Center in several years.

That's it for my leak! If I end up hearing anything else about Universal's Nintendo IP plans from the customer feedback program in the future, I'll keep you guys updated. Hope you enjoyed this little inside scoop.
Here's a question, aren't you guys under NDA for this kind of stuff?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750

Fresh info.
AFAIK nothing is wrong in the video...but did they really have to bring up the Dream of the Fisherman's Wife for Hokusai? The Wave is much more known and important than The Dream of the Fiserhman's Wife. I get it that octopus' are related but still...it's really underselling Hokusai's importance to Japanese art.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Having worked at Universal Studios Orlando for over 10 years, I will say that Universal does surveys like this quite often, both in and outside of the park. There's no NDA because these are just ideas at the moment, and 95% of what is brought up will never see the light of day.

Interesting info, though.

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Not to mention Sakurai referred to Cloud's addition as "fulfilling a difficult request". Considering the people making that request isn't very likely to have been Square or Nintendo, it's a safe bet that he's referring to the fans. And that means the ballot.
Sakurai never said any such thing in direct reference to Cloud or the ballot.

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911
It's a leak because it isn't supposed to be public information. :p But between what Spazzy_D said and the fact that I'm fairly anonymous and have nothing much to lose, I don't care. Anything for my Smashboards crew! (Insert fist bump here.)

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sakurai never said any such thing in direct reference to Cloud or the ballot.

Posted after the Nintendo direct. I dont know how many more references you want.

Notice the past tense of fulfill.

Also:
Solid Snake, Master Chief, Bomberman
are the top 3 right now.

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
It's a leak because it isn't supposed to be public information. :p But between what Spazzy_D said and the fact that I'm fairly anonymous and have nothing much to lose, I don't care. Anything for my Smashboards crew! (Insert fist bump here.)
Anything?
[grins diabolically]
In the words of professor oak:

It's been so long since i've seen you here >_>

Hell I don't even think it was here. Nice to see you back and nice to see info

[

Also:
are the top 3 right now.
Well i wasnt too far off.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
okay so i had a dream that was kind of weird
it started off with nintendo hyping up a mario themed direct
that was weird on its own but the last tweet about it was something along the lines of
"is death the end or a new begining?"
needless to say people got confused neverthe less direct rolls around and they are delivering some great stuff
first up was a waluigi game set in the warioverse(the game sarts in the town from wario ware but the main villain was captain syrup) where waluigi has to retreave stolen treasure to keep his security job
Next was "rosalina cosmos" basically it was mario galaxy game play set inbetween galaxy 2 and 3d world
Then they covered some software updates to ultra smash( each court aside from the defaults having a unique stadium and more modes) plus 7 dlc characters(luma, plesy, birdo, diddy, petey pirahna, wiggler, and mii) and 4 new courts
Following that was mario maker with a free update adding slopes and a few new enemies via placeing a fire flower on them
(fire bro, flame chomp, fire sumo bro, fishing lakitu) and a dlc pack with 2 new themes (desert and ice) and 2 new rows of items
finally we get to the whole "death" thing they tweeted about
starts off with them showing a trailer for a new luigis mansion game for wiiu "Gadd inc" is the subtitle
they show theres 4+(read:5) luigis mansion 1 sized areas and 4 playable characters with their own stats and atributes
Luigi- balanced has his gear from luigis mansion 2
E.Gadd- speedy and lacks the strobe bulb meaning Lm1 style ghost huntinh (less stun time on ghosts)
Rosalina- better menuvaerablity and has fire and ice instead of suck/blow on her vacum
Reggie pops up and says the last character is a bit diffrent because you know them but not like they are now
a Cg cutscene starts to play luigi and a character they edit around showing are running in an area reminesant of the final boss of dark moon luigi and this character are running tword a portal where egad is beckoning them on
(rosalina is seen struggling to keep the portal open) luigi leaps through and the character with him trips a large blast of energy knocks the cast off their feet and the portal closes it then cuts to ominous text
"who ever gets trapped in the ghost dimension stays a ghost forever"
Cue months of rampant speculation nintendo is planning to kill off a mario character
in some weird twist of fate the web decides its a toad that will die "they are expendable after all" and "nintendo wouldnt kill a major character" being their reasons
october rolls around and the game is about to be released nintendo releases a trailer highlighting single player and online (basically a expanded darkmoon online multiplayer) andpeople notice "rescue toad" as one of the mini objectives
now clearly this vindicates them so release rolls around (a week before holloween) and lets plays start up
first thing everyone notices is that daisy is the receptionist for Gadd inc now they all make a joke about "its a shame shes not playable" and then they get to area 3 daisy gets kidnapped by king boo now heres where it gets intresting certain people write it off, others get a bit worried and some play if off "toads the 4th playable character afertall they arnt going to kill off daisy" they say in a way as to talk themselves down and then it happens the unedited cutscene from the mario direct
luigi and daisy are running from king boo and daisy gets left beind and everyone loses their mind
now after the initial shock wares off(some videos devolve into sobbing for a good 10 minutes) they press on and end area three rescuing a now ghostly daisy as the 4th playable character(shes slippery but cant be pulled by ghosts while captureing them she also takes less damage) ghost daisy blows up as a fan favorite character (best way i can describe her is less saturated colors and the whole genie type of no legs thing when running)

so ya....thats what happens when im allowed to sleep crazy stuff am i rite?

but seriously would you be okay if that actually happened?

Deoxys911

Laughs and Logic
NNID
Deoxys911

Posted after the Nintendo direct. I dont know how many more references you want.

Also:
are the top 3 right now.
Keep fighting the good fight, PushDustIn. What would we do without people like you? (On a side note, I really love what you and the team have been doing with SourceGaming, it's already one of the best Smash-dedicated sites to ever exist.)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Somehow I find it unsurprising that the three more wanted third party characters are "all-stars".

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

Also:
are the top 3 right now.
Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait.

Hes going to explain what he means in the December presentation??

Why are you people arguing over Sakurais words?! Hes too unpredictable anyhow...

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
AFAIK nothing is wrong in the video...but did they really have to bring up the Dream of the Fisherman's Wife for Hokusai? The Wave is much more known and important than The Dream of the Fiserhman's Wife. I get it that octopus' are related but still...it's really underselling Hokusai's importance to Japanese art.
Well I mean it's the octobrush. And it is also the Hokusai. I mean, that seems like what Nintendo was going for.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Also:
are the top 3 right now.
I was about to get this, and scratch my part on the survey where you asked for the 3 characters, I thought it was for those not on there.
okay so i had a dream that was kind of weird
it started off with nintendo hyping up a mario themed direct
that was weird on its own but the last tweet about it was something along the lines of
"is death the end or a new begining?"
needless to say people got confused neverthe less direct rolls around and they are delivering some great stuff
first up was a waluigi game set in the warioverse(the game sarts in the town from wario ware but the main villain was captain syrup) where waluigi has to retreave stolen treasure to keep his security job
Next was "rosalina cosmos" basically it was mario galaxy game play set inbetween galaxy 2 and 3d world
Then they covered some software updates to ultra smash( each court aside from the defaults having a unique stadium and more modes) plus 7 dlc characters(luma, plesy, birdo, diddy, petey pirahna, wiggler, and mii) and 4 new courts
Following that was mario maker with a free update adding slopes and a few new enemies via placeing a fire flower on them
(fire bro, flame chomp, fire sumo bro, fishing lakitu) and a dlc pack with 2 new themes (desert and ice) and 2 new rows of items
finally we get to the whole "death" thing they tweeted about
starts off with them showing a trailer for a new luigis mansion game for wiiu "Gadd inc" is the subtitle
they show theres 4+(read:5) luigis mansion 1 sized areas and 4 playable characters with their own stats and atributes
Luigi- balanced has his gear from luigis mansion 2
E.Gadd- speedy and lacks the strobe bulb meaning Lm1 style ghost huntinh (less stun time on ghosts)
Rosalina- better menuvaerablity and has fire and ice instead of suck/blow on her vacum
Reggie pops up and says the last character is a bit diffrent because you know them but not like they are now
a Cg cutscene starts to play luigi and a character they edit around showing are running in an area reminesant of the final boss of dark moon luigi and this character are running tword a portal where egad is beckoning them on
(rosalina is seen struggling to keep the portal open) luigi leaps through and the character with him trips a large blast of energy knocks the cast off their feet and the portal closes it then cuts to ominous text
"who ever gets trapped in the ghost dimension stays a ghost forever"
Cue months of rampant speculation nintendo is planning to kill off a mario character
in some weird twist of fate the web decides its a toad that will die "they are expendable after all" and "nintendo wouldnt kill a major character" being their reasons
october rolls around and the game is about to be released nintendo releases a trailer highlighting single player and online (basically a expanded darkmoon online multiplayer) andpeople notice "rescue toad" as one of the mini objectives
now clearly this vindicates them so release rolls around (a week before holloween) and lets plays start up
first thing everyone notices is that daisy is the receptionist for Gadd inc now they all make a joke about "its a shame shes not playable" and then they get to area 3 daisy gets kidnapped by king boo now heres where it gets intresting certain people write it off, others get a bit worried and some play if off "toads the 4th playable character afertall they arnt going to kill off daisy" they say in a way as to talk themselves down and then it happens the unedited cutscene from the mario direct
luigi and daisy are running from king boo and daisy gets left beind and everyone loses their mind
now after the initial shock wares off(some videos devolve into sobbing for a good 10 minutes) they press on and end area three rescuing a now ghostly daisy as the 4th playable character(shes slippery but cant be pulled by ghosts while captureing them she also takes less damage) ghost daisy blows up as a fan favorite character (best way i can describe her is less saturated colors and the whole genie type of no legs thing when running)

so ya....thats what happens when im allowed to sleep crazy stuff am i rite?

but seriously would you be okay if that actually happened?
I'd be perfectly ok with every bit of this!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
IMAG0264.jpg

It's 4:30am and I'm trying to sleep but there has been a helicopter (the red and blue light in the sky) floating outside my room for the last hour.

As you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom