• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
The only thing about Xenoblade Chronicles X's censorship that I'm upset about is... (Please don't hurt me for this)... The fact that you can't customize breast size. I know... I probably sound stupid for saying this... But I feel that the removal was unneeded, as breasts come in different sizes, which would offer diversity... Please don't think of me wrongly for saying this...

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The only thing about Xenoblade Chronicles X's censorship that I'm upset about is... (Please don't hurt me for this)... The fact that you can't customize breast size. I know... I probably sound stupid for saying this... But I feel that the removal was unneeded, as breasts come in different sizes, which would offer diversity... Please don't think of me wrongly for saying this...
As long as the default setting is maxed out it'd still be no problem

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
As long as the default setting is maxed out it'd still be no problem
It just feels so akward that every woman charcter that's customized has the same breast size... Ya know... (Please don't think of me as a creeper, all I'm saying is that I speak for diversity)

you make it sound like this is a super unpopular opinion. :p

Personally i agree and i think the removal was quite unnecessary

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Pause the censorship. Pause the waifu talk. Pause it all.

I want you to hear this sentence and never forget it.

Without Bubsy 3D, Bubsy could've potentially had huge Smash demand.

You have to understand that the 3 Bubsy games before Bubsy 3D were received mixed to positive, and Bubsy 2 received mostly positive reviews back in the day.

If Bubsy continued as a series and Bubsy 3D was never invented, it's very much possible the company would've improved on the games judging from the criticism and it could be a classic series today.

However, Bubsy 3D was, as we know, universally panned, and killed Bubsy.

But remember; the Bubsy games excluding 3D were met with decent reception. Bubsy 1 was one of the most hyped games of the year it was released. They're not absolute travesties as you may assume.

ALSO, Bubsy was only on Nintendo consoles, if that adds to anything.

But with the hypothetical talk over...

Bubsy is receiving a new game.

It's on Steam Greenlight right now, and is being voted overwhelmingly "Yes". It's called Bubsy Two-Fur. It's just a compilation, yes, but they've said many of the criticisms of the games will be improved on. And it's most definitely coming to Steam; it's currently in the top 10 of most demanded "YES" for a Greenlight game.

And the developers have also said that if this Bubsy journey goes well, Bubsy may be revived, for a new generation, for a new age to see Bubsy, a platforming mascot of the 90's.

The fact is, is that, in say, 10 years, assuming Smash is still getting games (most likely is)...

Bubsy has a chance to be in Smash.

Bubsy may return to Nintendo systems with a very slow start, as a dismissable Wii U E-Shop exclusive or 3DS E-Shop exclusive, but it is likely that Bubsy will return to his home of Nintendo games are made.

This gives Bubsy nostalgia of sorts, a revived factor, Nintendo relevance, a large fandom (ironic or not), and actually well-received games besides the notorious Bubsy 3D.

And folks, to conclude this, I'll say it again.

Bubsy has a very small but existent possibility to be in Smash.

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
While I personally don't care for the feature, I agree that it was unnecessary.

Now, if they changed the story and/or removed a mechanic, then that's a whole
'nother story.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
upload_2015-11-19_19-9-29.png

Made some Mario Maker Yoshi sprites out of laziness to finish G&W
Changes from Mystery Mushroom Sprites;
  1. Yoshi's now shorter, he now fits in Mario's hitbox
  2. Death and Pose sprites added
  3. New NES Palette, staying true to the SMB1 "Rule" (4 Color Slots in a Palette, 3 used for Sprites, 1 used for transparency + NES Palette colors used only)
Might do Super/Skinny SMB1 Yoshi and maybe SMB3/SMW one day
I'unno :drshrug:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Tou make it sound luke this is a super unpopular opinion. :p

Personally i agree and i think the removal was quite unnecessary
Well I was afraid of the reaction towards it... :urg:

But yeah it's not a very unpopular opinion.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984

You have to understand that the 3 Bubsy games before Bubsy 3D were received mixed to positive, and Bubsy 2 received mostly positive reviews back in the day.

If Bubsy continued as a series and Bubsy 3D was never invented, it's very much possible the company would've improved on the games judging from the criticism and it could be a classic series today.

But remember; the Bubsy games excluding 3D were met with decent reception. Bubsy 1 was one of the most hyped games of the year it was released. They're not absolute travesties as you may assume.

It's on Steam Greenlight right now, and is being voted overwhelmingly "Yes". It's called Bubsy Two-Fur. It's just a compilation, yes, but they've said many of the criticisms of the games will be improved on. And it's most definitely coming to Steam; it's currently in the top 10 of most demanded "YES" for a Greenlight game.

And the developers have also said that if this Bubsy journey goes well, Bubsy may be revived, for a new generation, for a new age to see Bubsy, a platforming mascot of the 90's.

The fact is, is that, in say, 10 years, assuming Smash is still getting games (most likely is)...

Bubsy may return to Nintendo systems with a very slow start, as a dismissable Wii U E-Shop exclusive or 3DS E-Shop exclusive, but it is likely that Bubsy will return to his home of Nintendo games are made.

This gives Bubsy nostalgia of sorts, a revived factor, Nintendo relevance, a large fandom (ironic or not), and actually well-received games besides the notorious Bubsy 3D.

You're making me trying to stay here harder...

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

...I remember only playing Bubsy on the Mega Drive/ Genesis unless I'm dumb?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

I have to say he wouldn't have improved. Because even the versions of the bubsy games (that was released a year later and were heavily changed) didn't really improve that much and even got worse in some aspects.

Also, I FINALLY got a ROBONYAN! <3

Now to level him up. Shouldn't be too hard.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that he is a loafer.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
I have to say he wouldn't have improved. Because even the versions of the bubsy games (that was released a year later and were heavily changed) didn't really improve that much and even got worse in some aspects.

Also, I FINALLY got a ROBONYAN! <3

Now to level him up. Shouldn't be too hard.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that he is a loafer.
You're judging it from one game.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I was at Best Buy today because the flyer implied there was a restock of Little Mac amiibos (no luck, either the flyer lied or I was too late), but while I was there I saw a copy of Dredd on Blu-Ray for $10 CAD, so I picked it up. I just finished watching it and... Oh my god. I've never been one for "gory", over-the-top action movies, but that was so good. The acting and directing were pretty much perfect, Karl Urban was especially amazing, and the cinematography was beautiful. It was basically like a high-tech Mad Max. I definitely recommend it.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I was at Best Buy today because the flyer implied there was a restock of Little Mac amiibos (no luck, either the flyer lied or I was too late), but while I was there I saw a copy of Dredd on Blu-Ray for $10 CAD, so I picked it up. I just finished watching it and... Oh my god. I've never been one for "gory", over-the-top action movies, but that was so good. The acting and directing were pretty much perfect, Karl Urban was especially amazing, and the cinematography was beautiful. It was basically like a high-tech Mad Max. I definitely recommend it.
I never thought I'd hear those two words in the same sentence.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Y'know
There's very little things that I regret in life
But
upload_2015-11-19_19-31-48.png

This is one of those very little things.
The **** did I do to Yoshi.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Just asking a tiny little question. Are the Shantae supporters okay?

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Eh. They still use the same annoying logic as many other supporters of other characters and will kill you if you point out she has only 3 games but they're better then other supporters.

Now the true star performers are of course the Paper Mario supporters

Last edited:

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Depand of the person. Fanbase =/= Hive minds. However, it's true that they all have commun characteristic that made them support the characters in the first place. But the ones I know are nice.:)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
They apparently happen all the time, just unannounced. My local EB Games told me they get restocks every couple weeks, but they don't tell anyone exactly when or what amiibos they'll be.
I've seen some Bowser Jr.s popping up every now and then at my local Toy's R Us, but I can't exactly track when they'll be coming.

View attachment 83781

NO! NOT THE RIDLEY SUPPORTERS!
Rude. I have feelings too :(
As someone who moderates their thread. . .They are probably one of the more awkward threads to deal with. Bad? no. Good? haha no. More **** posts and random insults to other characters than any other thread.
Yes they are, they're really nice and really fun to be around. If you're looking for an "Iffy" fanbase, go to the Krystal thread. :p
The hell you talkin bout? The krytsal thread is one of the easiest times i've had for a thread. AKA the opposite of Shantae :p

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Yes they are, they're really nice and really fun to be around. If you're looking for an "Iffy" fanbase, go to the Krystal thread. :p
Eh. They still use the same annoying logic as many other supporters of other characters and will kill you if you point out she has only 3 games but they're better then other supporters.

Now the true star performers are of course the Paper Mario supporters
Depand of the person. Fanbase =/= Hive minds. However, it's true that they all have commun characteristic that made them support the characters in the first place. But the ones I know are nice.:)
Good to know.

rapunzel_happy.gif

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
You talk it up, but the actual chance of such a thing happening is so negligible that he's not in any way distinguished from any other video game character. To say "X could be in Smash a decade from now if they explode in popularity" is a meaningless statement. Steam Greenlight irony votes don't equal demand, and it's unlikely to take off.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse
I made it worse
Introducing Skinny Mario's trusty steed
upload_2015-11-19_19-46-24.png

Woshi Skoshi.
what a majestic creature

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
You talk it up, but the actual chance of such a thing happening is so negligible that he's not in any way distinguished from any other video game character. To say "X could be in Smash a decade from now if they explode in popularity" is a meaningless statement. Steam Greenlight irony votes don't equal demand, and it's unlikely to take off.
Read my entire post then we'll talk

Like you seemed to have ignored everything from it. Also, point still stands. Even if Bubsy has a 0.1% chance, he has a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom