• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Late reply because class
Where is this VGM playlist? If it's on YouTube I'd like to know how you've set up such a long playlist because I can't keep track of mine.
76 songs, many of which are extended
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL5T9Z4g1TKWLD07b10kBNB25auwqlSaEh
an Undertale spoiler and a Viewtiful Joe 2 spoiler

Missing a bunch of awesome Xenoblade songs and only has one LoZ song
(The shuffle feature is your friend. You wind up with a bunch of bravely default in a row if you dont)

And the KIU OST because there are so many good songs it needs its own playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD267B8CC48D06DF5

enjoy

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Timeline time.

Let me know if I missed anything or if there's mistakes.

Sure, I'll keep that in mind.
Characters in Smash take a super long time to make. A lot longer than the Timeline currently indicates.

Sakurai says it takes about a year in the base game. I think for DLC it takes about 6-8 months, given the time-frame of data slots and release. It's because Sakurai takes a lot of time designing and doing small changes to the characters (more details on the GDC 2008 slides), making them perfect.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kind of feel like my day so far has been a big fail all around

Going to that girl's house, looking like a fool while there.

I sent her a text asking if she'd ever want to visit my house as well but she never responded.

...and of course other things but that specifically was on my mind.

I always wonder if I should try and make a move or something on her.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I kind of feel like my day so far has been a big fail all around

Going to that girl's house, looking like a fool while there.

I sent her a text asking if she'd ever want to visit my house as well but she never responded.

...and of course other things but that specifically was on my mind.

I always wonder if I should try and make a move or something on her.
Well if I can be brutally honest( without sounding like a perv) If she invited you to see her room, that's two different ways that could be considering leading you on or showing interest in you. Option 1) She wanted to think of something to get you to stay longer, meaning she has interest.( at least imo)
Option B: Well this is where the part about me not wanting to sound like a perv comes in.
So there's that.
Either way, if you like them or don't think you do, I'd say try to ask them out for a nice date sometime. Try to get to know them better and see where it goes from there. You never know what could happen.

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Since we were talking about Xenoblade X
I'm curious on what avatars you guys are going to make
http://strawpoll.me/6048680
I plan to make a female one and then ship her with Elma :)

Of course you probably already knew that.

Don't act surprised, being the resident Yuri fan, of course I was going to make Cross female, and then ship her with Elma, I don't even care if it doesn't make sense.
After all I'm sure we all know Zoroarking, is going to make Cross a trap, and then roleplay him as dark and edgy try hard :p

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So i was listening to music on youtube, and an ad for Lip Sync Battle's return( a show I enjoy) came on and it got me thinking; It be awesome to see a Lip sync or Rap battle between Reggie and Bill( or maybe even other famous employees from Nintendo) But since they aren't to well known outside of gaming, it may not work for them on the show, but it be awesome if Nintendo did this at one point. I still remember the fake leak for last year's E3 in which Nintendo would team up with Epic Rap Battles to make the announcements through Rap Battles. I'd love to see this take effect this year at E3.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Characters in Smash take a super long time to make. A lot longer than the Timeline currently indicates.

Sakurai says it takes about a year in the base game. I think for DLC it takes about 6-8 months, given the time-frame of data slots and release. It's because Sakurai takes a lot of time designing and doing small changes to the characters (more details on the GDC 2008 slides), making them perfect.
Of course, but I didn't want to speculate. The blur on the character development lines is essentially just meant to indicate that it's unknown when it started, not that it started around that time.

For example, I think it's very likely that development on Cloud started in June, since obviously they can't keep the dev team together if they're not doing anything. And, like you said, characters take a lot of time to make. But again, I didn't want to include speculation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I plan to make a female one and then ship her with Elma :)

Of course you probably already knew that.

Don't act surprised, resident Yuri fan, of course I was going to make Cross female, and then ship her with Elma, I don't even care if it doesn't make sense.
After all I'm sure we all know Zoroarking, is going to make Cross a trap, and then roleplay him as dark and edgy try hard :p
I would honestly try to do that(except the edgy part) but I don't think I can put Female clothes on the male avatar(besides, most of it is just going to be armor)
Instead I'll go with my Blue-eyed Blonde Female OC :p
Do not steal

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
So why the whole "Reading" garbage? Because the director was probably in a tight position during the interview and decided to make something up as she went along. As for when Bill said it, he was most likely paid to say it do to him being on camera at the time. Now according to Josh Thomas from the BitBlock, apparently it was supposed to be a free download, and you'd have to buy the Amiibo separately in order to play it, however that wasn't the case when it was released as it's a $60.00 game right now, they probably made it that way to sell more units and to have another "Proper" holiday game. But I don't know it's just a theory. I tried to be accurite with this one though.
I wouldn't use the BitBlock for legit information. He is reportedly blacklisted from Nintendo. If amiibo Festival was going to be free I think we would have heard about it by now and it wouldn't be a theory.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well if I can be brutally honest( without sounding like a perv) If she invited you to see her room, that's two different ways that could be considering leading you on or showing interest in you. Option 1) She wanted to think of something to get you to stay longer, meaning she has interest.( at least imo)
Option B: Well this is where the part about me not wanting to sound like a perv comes in.
So there's that.
Either way, if you like them or don't think you do, I'd say try to ask them out for a nice date sometime. Try to get to know them better and see where it goes from there. You never know what could happen.
I understand that. But with how awkward I was. She even commented on it

My mind was in this weird haze even after I had left

Chrono.

I wouldn't use the BitBlock for legit information. He is reportedly blacklisted from Nintendo. If amiibo Festival was going to be free I think we would have heard about it by now and it wouldn't be a theory.
I posted a link couple days ago saying that it was confirmed that it wasn't gonna be a free game.

That being said, this may not be BitBlock's fault, as he wasn't the only source on the matter (according to Kevin Cassidy from GoNintendo)

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
I posted a link couple days ago saying that it was confirmed that it wasn't gonna be a free game.

That being said, this may not be BitBlock's fault, as he wasn't the only source on the matter (according to Kevin Cassidy from GoNintendo)
Does anybody think there may've been some screw-up?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767

So Chugga confirmed that people's "oh noez plot is being changed because censorship" fears were completely unfounded.
I mean just being fair here, there is still potential for something to be lost and not be aware of it.

Eh, I dislike censorship, but I don't feel to strongly about this yet. Maybe if I do find out later that something huge was missing, but eh for now. Especially if it is just localization changes.

With that said, I still don't get why we have to censor religious references. Especially when half the time they aren't even offensive towards them.

I mean, after a game like Binding of Issac existing, it all should be fair game now. But no.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I mean just being fair here, there is still potential for something to be lost and not be aware of it.

Eh, I dislike censorship, but I don't feel to strongly about this yet. Maybe if I do find out later that something huge was missing, but eh for now. Especially if it is just localization changes.

With that said, I still don't get why we have to censor religious references. Especially when half the time they aren't even offensive towards them.

I mean, after a game like Binding of Issac existing, it all should be fair game now. But no.
Well, Tbh I still haven't played Binding of Isaac

Because while I'm not really religious anymore it seems extremely sacrilege

and even if not that it seems like it was made specifically to offend

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Other sources have confirmed that X doesn't have any relevant religious references in the story, so people are just cherry picking.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Well, Tbh I still haven't played Binding of Isaac

Because while I'm not really religious anymore it seems extremely sacrilege

and even if not that it seems like it was made specifically to offend
Depends what you mean. I wouldn't say it wants to attack anyone's beliefs. Edmund is pretty open about religion and I think he stated that this game wasn't trying to say religion is bad.

It's more like the game is trying to go all out with everything. Like what would a child who was suffering from abuse feel and imagine? It's meant to be viewed from that point of view.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I understand that. But with how awkward I was. She even commented on it

My mind was in this weird haze even after I had left
Well, you could also mention it, I'm sure they wouldn't hold it against you. This is the same girl, you've talked about before right?(such as the dual traffic ticket and other stories), or is it someone else?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, you could also mention it, I'm sure they wouldn't hold it against you. This is the same girl, you've talked about before right?(such as the dual traffic ticket and other stories), or is it someone else?
Yeah same person

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom