• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
But it doesn't outright say that this content will not be available at all on the Wii U, correct? That's what I'm really worried about.

Because the 3DS has a much larger install base, and those who don't own the Wii U version already can get it much, much cheaper on 3DS. Legends is already getting what was $80 on Wii U for $40. If the extra content is, say, $20 more as DLC on Wii U, that's more than double the price for the whole thing on Wii U.
It doesn't say outright that it won't be in form of DLC or what not. That's something only time will tell. I don't think they would come out and say if it's planned or not as it would be bad business to undersell your game.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
After I complete Game & Watch (Which could take who knows how long with my laziness) I plan to make another project simply be re-spriting ontop of G&W
And to put it in the most direct way
upload_2015-11-18_21-37-22.png
upload_2015-11-18_21-37-8.png

It's-a me. :4luigi:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well, Mario Tennis is getting reviews as expected.

They're all recommending just playing previous entries and implying that it's a rip off.
I'm waiting until it ends up in the bargain bin to get it. That game is going to need a boat load of DLC if it ever wants to be good.
Good point. I didn't thought about that. However, if it does ever happen, I think they will wait a bit for Legends to sell before making available. That way, they would make even more money:wario::warioc::4wario::4wario2:
Nintendo wants to make LODSAMONEY!

Last edited:
The souuuuuund. . . of silence. EDIT dammit of course the second I post a reference to no one talking someone posts.

Being a (fake) mod is interesting because you check every thread and you see very positive and negative about their character can be fun sometimes. . . but half the time i'm just like "No . . please. that doesn't make sense. Stop believing. You're arguments are terrible. Your only going to fail." But I don't. because i'm a (fake) mod and killing dreams is bad :p

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
The souuuuuund. . . of silence. EDIT dammit of course the second I post a reference to no one talking someone posts.

Being a (fake) mod is interesting because you check every thread and you see very positive and negative about their character can be fun sometimes. . . but half the time i'm just like "No . . please. that doesn't make sense. Stop believing. You're arguments are terrible. Your only going to fail." But I don't. because i'm a (fake) mod and killing dreams is bad :p
Don't kill this dream:awesome:
What's funny is the first thing I get when I look up Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is a paid Google search entry from Nintendo claiming it's rated 4.8/5 and then other reviews underneath all claiming it's not good.
4.8/5? More like 4.8/10. Seriously the only reason I can come up with for wanting to get the game is Rosalina. Mario and Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic games, probably has tennis as an event, and will have way more characters than ultra smash. Also Mario tennis open has more courts and more characters than ultra smash as well as more content and that's a 3DS game.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Question. How much unfinished data is there that can be completed if the staff has more time than expected while doing this DLC? I know it's not likely, but I'm curious.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Max's is at least mostly genuine. His all time favorite game is FF7, and as someone who has followed him long enough to moderate his twitch chat, I can kinda tell when he's acting.
Meanwhile, people like Etika just scream around all over the place and do things excited people would NEVER do when they barely even know what's going on. :V
I had my two most wanted characters for SSB4 (Shulk and Bowser Jr.) confirmed on the same day. They weren't as big a shocker as Cloud, but I didn't have high hopes at all for either of them.

I didn't clutch my head, gasp, and roll around in my chair when the leak came out.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe he wasn't hamming it up at all and the reaction was 100% legit. Even if it wasn't a ridiculous overreaction like Etika's (as in, screaming and flopping around for EVERYONE, even characters he doesn't actually care about), it was still an overreaction.

I don't know though. I've never found the point behind reaction videos. Like congratulations! You saw something! The hell do you want a medal?
It doesn't matter if they ham it up, or create a "genuine" scream. All I'm doing is watching a guy watching something and then screaming.
The overreactions ARE the appeal. People find it funny for some inexplicable reason. Etika's videos of that nature are still pretty well received even though he's been doing the same exact routine for ages now. If you watched the Mewtwo one, you've basically seen everything Etika's reactions have to offer.

Overreacting to crap is what's hot these days in the Youtube gaming community. It's why guys like PewDiePie and Markiplier who screech on a scarecam at horror games are the guys everyone's emulating. It's like how a decade ago everyone was making Angry Video Game Nerd-esque "reviews" of bad games where they just swear a billion times.

It's just as bad as those unboxing videos. Why would I watch someone open a freaking box when I can do the same and get just as much enjoyment?

Like honestly what's the point?
As pointless and boring as they are, at least they're 100% real.

If I wanted to see a manchild flail around and scream, I'd watch an old Chris-Chan video instead of a random goon on Youtube trying to be funny.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
words about iv's that got deleted
Imagine it like a Pokemon's digital DNA

They get some from their mom and some from their dad. DNA also adds a random element (which accounts toward evolution ). Good random elements allow that pokemon to continue breeding, thus passing those good traits.

Some pokemon are born with bad DNA and thus are a burden upon your party. It's best to NOT let them breed and spread their bad DNA and instead get rid of them.

Last edited:

Chrono.

Reeks of bull.

Why would Daisy get two costumes but not Peach? And why would those images even be on the site? It doesn't list every costume, just a handful of them.
Pretty much.

The whole thing sounds like your usual 4chan bs.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Reeks of bull.

Why would Daisy get two costumes but not Peach? And why would those images even be on the site? It doesn't list every costume, just a handful of them.
To be fair, Peach just got another costume (Cat Peach).

Not that I believe it, anyways.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
To be fair, Peach just got another costume (Cat Peach).

Not that I believe it, anyways.
Not a sports costume, though.

And it was DLC; this was supposedly on the website. DLC ones aren't listed there, just the costumes that were featured in promotional material prior to the game's release.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Id like to believe the leak (Being a Daisy fan and all), but even I know better than that. That could have very easily been faked, so Im not buying it,

Last edited:

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Please don't toy with our emotions like this, please :(

I'm honestly considering buying Style Boutique 2. It's getting such good reviews.

Fashionista 4 Smash 5.
The Style Boutique series, is actually quite a good fashion simulator, so you'd defiantly be getting what you paid for.

So on another subject, I have to ask, has anybody datamined Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, to see if there is possible data for Waluigi and Daisy amiibos, in the amiibo mode?

Cause it would be really nice to defiantly know if they maybe coming or not.

Chrono.

So on another subject, I have to ask, has anybody datamined Mario Tennis Ultra Smash, to see if there is possible data for Waluigi and Daisy amiibos, in the amiibo mode?

I doubt anyone will care enough tbh

That being said, the game ain't out yet.

Burb

The Absolute Worst

Even if there was, it wouldn't necessarily mean they're coming as amiibo.

It's not like Mario Party 10 where there's assets specifically related to the amiibo characters. It's just an AI setting like in Smash Bros. The menu to scan amiibo in-game uses the same animations as the actual select screen, and in-game all they do is act as a doubles partner. I actually don't think it would be too difficult to make the game load a character without an amiibo as an amiibo partner.

If they do make a second wave of SMB amiibo, I'd expect Rosalina, Wario, DK, Bowser Jr, and Waluigi (only due to his presence in Super Mario Maker as a costume, and because Wave 1 did the same thing with having all Smash Bros characters plus one non-Smash character in Toad). Especially the first three, since they already have SMB amiibo designs in Mario Party 10.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
User was warned for this post
We talkin about Daisy?

**** Daisy.

That is all.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I had my two most wanted characters for SSB4 (Shulk and Bowser Jr.) confirmed on the same day. They weren't as big a shocker as Cloud, but I didn't have high hopes at all for either of them.

I didn't clutch my head, gasp, and roll around in my chair when the leak came out.

I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe he wasn't hamming it up at all and the reaction was 100% legit. Even if it wasn't a ridiculous overreaction like Etika's (as in, screaming and flopping around for EVERYONE, even characters he doesn't actually care about), it was still an overreaction.
I'm not sure how you react to being shocked but most people to gasp and move around when shocked.Not to etikas level....No one is that bad I'm terms of reveals more so cloud and mewtwo if I can say so myself.

Shroob

Sup?
We talkin about reveal hype?

I hate to say it, but when Mewtwo and Lucas were revealed, I got up and did a dance, so ya... some people do go nuts when a reveal happens. :p

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I'm not sure how you react to being shocked but most people to gasp and move around when shocked.Not to etikas level....No one is that bad I'm terms of reveals more so cloud and mewtwo if I can say so myself.
That GIF posted on the other page was ridiculous.

No, I don't do anything that guy does. Except maybe if I was told something completely life-changing and not just that a video game character I like is going to be in Smash Bros.

Last edited:
We talkin about reveal hype?

I hate to say it, but when Mewtwo and Lucas were revealed, I got up and did a dance, so ya... some people do go nuts when a reveal happens. :p
Jumped out of my seat and freaked out at Robin reveal. Would have done the same for Cloud if I want in public (kind of half did anyway)

Can confirm hype can be real.

D

Deleted member

Ehhh, I don't get that kind of hype either. There's no way you could make reveal reaction videos out of me. I'm just a quiet person. But I understand why others get so loud and excited.(I do to for more personal things.)

With that being said though.... Yeah, I can totally tell in some cases that people are totally faking their reactions. I don't watch reaction videos either, unless they have some analysis.

Shroob

Sup?
One thing to keep in mind about hype, is, take me for example.

When I watched the Direct, I was 'mainly' watching it for Smash news, so I went through the whole time with a 'so-so' mindset. When Smash finally came on, I was starting to boil over with excitement, and then.....Cloud. The same guy who people used to make jokes on, was now in Smash.

Needless to say, my reaction was loudly exclaiming "CLOUD?!"

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

Come on, Burb. As one of our top leak busters that type of reasoning is a no-no. You're essentially comparing someone elses reaction with your own. Someone expressing them selves a little more vibrantly than you doesnt mean they're faking just as someone being more lax and calm doesnt mean they aren't internally excited.

Take me and/or my friends for example. I'm a laugher so when I realized it was cloud I was laughing and smiling through the rest of it; and to this day (a week later) just the thought literally brings a smile to my face and makes me chuckle. And one of my friends is a straight up weeb with poor health, bad eating habits, and a tendency to physically acting out what he likes (he has a habit of doing ninja hand signs as well). As a result him getting excited usually ends up with him out of breath, barely able to make coherent sentences. His sister is in better health, but is a super fangirl so stiffled squeals and foot stomping ensued. And I have another friend who just nods his head in approval and occasionally lets out a wheeze-like chuckle. There's a myriad of other real reactions that people have: the lifting up of hands, dancing, whooping, clapping, fist pumps, dilating eyes, opened mouth, etc. The list just goes on.

People just act different, dude. Even more so when they're super excited or strange things happen. I mean I'm a pretty solemn guy (visually) so when my mother saw me actually smiling she asked me if I was alright...

Now, do I think some people are overdoing it and hamming it up? Abso****inglutely. Being "crazy" is a lucrative entertainment business. But to imply that everyone who gets more excited than you is acting seems to ignore how diverse human reactions can be.

EDIT:
That GIF posted on the other page was ridiculous.

No, I don't do anything that guy does. Except maybe if I was told something completely life-changing and not just that a video game character I like is going to be in Smash Bros.
Also that gif wasnt completely in context. He was shifting in his seat, not going crazy.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Hypest reveal for me was probably Captain Falcon lol.

Nah srs though Rosalina was pretty cool.

Bowser Jr. would've been the best trailer if it hadn't already been spoiled.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
My response was "Whoooo!" at the reveal of Cloud. And while I do ham things up often(cause I love to make people happy or laugh), I definitely don't do it when I'm alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom