• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Speaking of Yo-Kai Watch, I played the demo a couple days ago, pretty fun, not in a hurry to get it though.
Demo does a meh job of showcasing the game being fair.

For one thing, you can't use things like items. Also doesn't accurately portray the writing of the game, which is much more hilarious.

D

Deleted member

No it's a male. Unless Durant ends with an "R".
Yeah... Even then, no shame in RPing as a character of a different gender. :pimp:

For one thing, you can't use things like items. Also doesn't accurately portray the writing of the game, which is much more hilarious.
Ah, I see. Well, good thing I didn't go download the demo like I was just about to do then. Instead I'll just check out gameplay of the actual game.

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Yeah.

And I dislike that very much. :/

I want to go back to debating things that are more tangible to me.

Instead, it feels more like pick a random 3rd party that is some what or pretty popular, debate whether they are iconic or not, and forget that even if they are it doesn't mean they WILL be in smash.

Like cool, a lot of people now believe that any character can be in smash. But I mean nothing is being done or said thats convincing.

I mean the problem is, "iconicness" seems to be literally the only thing going for a lot of these 3rd party characters. Sure, it sounds like something that makes sense to be the only thing they need to be in the game...but the problem is there is too many 3rd parties who have this "iconicness."

It has become TOO subjective. There isn't anything to say about any character to get over any other. Like, with K. Rool there was popularity and all his games. With Inklings their first game was a smashing success that exceeded all expectations. And even if none of this mattered in the end, it feel like something I could get behind. But there is nothing to say about there 3rd party characters other then they are "iconic" by the person suggesting the character's term.

It all just feels...empty I guess.

I'm not saying a third party can't happen again, I'm saying that if it does, I don't feel the connection of why they are there over others. Like, I just expect people to say "I was right!" But I mean, on what grounds? How was it not just a lucky guess?

I met him like 5 times now and nothing. The closest I got was one of his cohorts wanting to join instead.
I disagree. Come on, you wanna go back to debating how K. Rool is totally dead or totally alive because of a costume, Inkling's are a lock-in every Direct, and Shovel Knight is far more deserving then 100 other characters?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You glt to be ****ing kidding me
View attachment 83599
Sigh
At least it's a Steel Type?
Who is gonna be him?
Hm, it may seem bad, but you could pray for the Rng to be in your favor and use it for guillotine.
Also could I make a suggestion?
When you get to the Forest, use honey or sweet scent, then you have a good chance at getting either a trevenant or sudwoodo who could be good. Unless you don't want to raise one up a bit which if that's the case then you could still get something good. If you get jigglypuff that be nice. WIgglytuff is strong and a fairy.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

I noticed the writing seemed a little weak, though one bit made me chuckle.

"You can defeat me by getting more Yo-Kai."
"Why am I telling you this?"

I probably just butchered that line.

Chrono.

Kinda is. It's a re-release with some new crap added in. The only difference is it's not a ten year game being ported.
That alone makes a pretty decent difference, especially when you're advertising that one version's content can be transferred to the other. Plus you'd kinda be telling people "hey go buy this other better version of the game when the previous one only came out last year!" if the story content turned out to be indeed exclusive.

That being said, I'm not that bothered by the story potentially being 3DS exclusive, as I plan on buying it anyway, but I can see where the issue lies.

*even if it isn't transferable I believe it'll all become standalone DLC on Wii U anyway but thats just me knowing how Koei works

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
You glt to be ****ing kidding me
View attachment 83599
Sigh
At least it's a Steel Type?
Who is gonna be him?
Well, at least it only has one weakness and a good amount of resistances, just keep it away from Fire attacks and don't let it tank special moves and it should do OK.

Also, give it Substitute, it can't be Subsitution without a cute doll being involved.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is one of the best things I have ever seen with Smash:

HAHAHA This is fine
View attachment 83595
I just caught a new member
Our good friend Oni333
And Pinsir pulls out Gillotine
I'm okay with how these events unfolded
I can catch more Pokemon anyways
**** this game
**** RNG
**** everything

Rip Oni333, you lasted 5 minutes

YOU SAVED THE REST OF THE TEAM
YOU WERE A HERO
YOU CHEATED THE RNG ITSELF
I told Zorarking to blow him up and he actually did it
Hahaha
The absolute madman
I was JUST about to complain about not being in it. And then RNGesus said "**** you"

I guess this is what happens when you make a scrawny loser a fighting type >_>

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, at least it only has one weakness and a good amount of resistances, just keep it away from Fire attacks and don't let it tank special moves and it should do OK.

Also, give it Substitute, it can't be Subsitution without a cute doll being involved.
Is Substitute good on a Durant?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Keep on voting guys, it looks like itll be Xenoblade X, since it has a good lead. Ill wait until later to stop the strawpoll and pick a gift. Thanks for your input so far! :4mario::4luigi::4shulk:

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Could help it sweep given Durant's high Speed.

Also provides a buffer in case a Hustle-nerfed attack misses.
So this is how my parents feel when I talk about video games with my friends....I'm ok with this.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
And then there's breeding and IV's....nope. I just catch what I want and move on.

D

Deleted member

Eh, it's not not as complicated as people make it out to be.... Then again, I say the same thing about science and competitive 2D fighters. :p So I don't know if I'm the person to say this sort of thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

wizardto1

Smash Lord
NNID
waddledee3
3DS FC
1676-4166-2291
I had a bunch of people explain it to me yet I still don't get what IVs are. :confused:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Well, Mario Tennis is getting reviews as expected.

They're all recommending just playing previous entries and implying that it's a rip off.

D

Deleted member

I had a bunch of people explain it to me yet I still don't get what IVs are. :confused:
IVs are extra stat points that the pokemon are just born with, to put it simply. The reason why EVs and IVs are hidden are because the game developers would prefer to you to think as the pokemon as living creatures, each just have different values by birth, or by how you train it. It adds a lot of variety to them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
IVs are extra stat points that the pokemon are just born with, to put it simply. The reason why EVs and IVs are hidden are because the game developers would prefer to you to think as the pokemon as living creatures, each just have different values by birth, or by how you train it. It adds a lot of variety to them.
Basically this, but it is a value added on to each stat. For a total of 6( 1 in each stat) They help boost stats if you super train/ev train pokemon.

And competitive battling isn't to hard to understand. Iv breeding is really easy to do with the way they changed it in Gen 6.

D

Deleted member

Basically this, but it is a value added on to each stat. For a total of 6( 1 in each stat) They help boost stats if you super train/ev train pokemon.

And competitive battling isn't to hard to understand. Iv breeding is really easy to do with the way they changed it in Gen 6.
And from my experience, competitive battling is even easier to understand when you get the feel for it. It's not like you're always stressing out and forgetting about strategies, you just get used to them and they become natural.

Can't comment too much on breeding though, I've never attempted to breed a pokemon with competitive stats.(Though I do EV train them.) I'm lazy and busy, so I just take the easy way out and use pokemon showdown. But yeah, from I've always heard and seen, they made breeding for good IVs much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The time for the final confrontation against Lysandre has finally come
Now get ready for some overdramatic recreation of the events that had the same result but didn't quite happen in the same way...
After defeating four Team Flare admins, the room with the remainings of the Legendary Pokemon gets empty and silent...
"Hear my call Yveltal! Lend me your power!"
The cocoon starts to crack...
Suddenly, the Pokemon emerges from it and reveals itself!
"HUMAN! DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM? DO YOU KNOW WHAT POWER I POSSESS?"(Note: Yveltal only speaks with CAPS LOCK ON)
"Yes, you are the God of Death, the Destroyer of False Prophets and most importantly, you are the greatest Leak Buster! You are the one spoke in legends, you are... vaanrose! Lend me your power so I can end Lysandre's fake leaks!"
"VERY WELL, HUMAN! THEN PROVE ME YOUR WORTH!"
*throws Quick Ball*
>Gotcha! Yveltal was caught!
"WHAT POWER! I'M IMPRESSED! I WILL ASSIST YOU IN BUSTING THIS LEAK!"
"Hah! So this is the power of the great leak buster?" Says Lysandre as he walks into the room "What a joke! Needing help from a child!"
"Prepare to meet your doom! For I shall leak EVERYTHING! Go, Mienshao!"
As the Pokemon comes out of the Pokeball, it throws a link to a 4chan leak"
"PATHETIC!" vaanrose says as he obliterates the leak
>Mienshao fainted
"How about this one?"
>Lysandre sent out Pyroar
>Pyroar used Blurry Leak
"USELESS!"
>vaanrose used Logic
>Pyroar fainted
"It's not over yet!"
>Lysandre sent out Honchkrow!
>Honchkrow used Character Render leak
>vaanrose used Google Image Search!
>vaanrose found the original image!
>It's super effective!
>Honchkrow was busted!
>Lysandre sent out Gyarados
"Now, it's time to stop playing games! I release that-who-shall-not-be-named!"
"**** no"
"WELL ****"
>Lysandre's Mega Ring started to glow
>Gyarados Mega Evolved into Ridley!
>He's a big guy... for you
"Now! How are you gonna bust this one?"
>Ridley used CSS leak!
>vaanrose used "GODDAMNIT THE PIXELS GUYS"
>Ridley used Screenshot leak!
>vaanrose used "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'RE USING MY MOD"
"You think you've won? You haven't even seen my best leak yet!"
>Ridley used Original Render Leak!
>vaanrose couldn't find an existing render! vaanrose's HP went down!
>Ridley used video leak!
>vaanrose tried to analyse the CSS pixels! But no one listened... vaanrose's HP went down!
"Pathetic! I expected more from YOU! Now you shall perish as I finally leak Ridley for SSB4!"
"NO! IT CANNOT END LIKE THIS!"
>Someone listened to vaanrose's analysis!
>vaanrose's HP went up!
>Someone proved that renders can be faked!
>vaanrose's HP went up!
"What!? No! Stop with that! You are meaningless! You are NOOOOOTHING!!"
"...."
"NOW! BEHOLD MY POWER!"
>vaanrose discredits the leak's pkc
>Ridley took damage!
>vaanrose discredits the video footage
>Ridley took damage
>1 HP left
"No. No! NO. NO!"
"Whatever, I'll just to get really REAL!"
>Lysandre's Ridley used Multiple Image Leaks Barrage!
>vaanrose is overwhelmed by the pics to discredit all of them
>Ridley used used Original Moveset Gameplay Footage!
>vaanrose's mod isn't there!
>vaanrose took damage!
>vaanrose took damage!
>vaanrose took damage!
"NO... THAT'S NOT HOW... IT WAS... SUPPOSED... TO... END......."
>vaanrose fainted...
I'm gonna do the rest later
SO JOIN ME NEXT TIME FOLKS!
I wonder if anyone even cares about these
You should totally name the Yveltal after me. :p

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Well, Mario Tennis is getting reviews as expected.

They're all recommending just playing previous entries and implying that it's a rip off.
What's funny is the first thing I get when I look up Mario Tennis Ultra Smash is a paid Google search entry from Nintendo claiming it's rated 4.8/5 and then other reviews underneath all claiming it's not good.

D

Deleted member

As long as Tennis is fun to play I'm still getting it day one. Besides, the graphics look great and I get to play Rosalina in HD.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And from my experience, competitive battling is even easier to understand when you get the feel for it. It's not like you're always stressing out and forgetting about strategies, you just get used to them and they become natural.

Can't comment too much on breeding though, I've never attempted to breed a pokemon with competitive stats.(Though I do EV train them.) I'm lazy and busy, so I just take the easy way out and use pokemon showdown. But yeah, from I've always heard and seen, they made breeding for good IVs much easier.
It does get easier once you get a feel for it. Breeding you don't even need to do most of the time( Although I breed for 5iv shinys here and there. Currently aiming for absol). Wonder and the gts can get you them easily enough, because people that breed them will put them up for something they need for the pokedex or wondertrade them away to see what they get.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Only one way to find out lol (because I can't find any concrete info anywhere).

PushDustIn PushDustIn sorry to bother ya about this, but do you know if the official HWL site (http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda-3ds/) alludes to the story content being exclusive to 3DS and non-transferable to the Wii U?
It says very clearly "characters only" for content that can be transfered to the Wii U.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
It says very clearly "characters only" for content that can be transfered to the Wii U.
Which make kinda sense, because why would they make a new game if everything in it is available for less on a more performing console as DLC? It wouldn't sell well.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
But it doesn't outright say that this content will not be available at all on the Wii U, correct? That's what I'm really worried about.

Which make kinda sense, because why would they make a new game if everything in it is available for less on a more performing console as DLC? It wouldn't sell well.
Because the 3DS has a much larger install base, and those who don't own the Wii U version already can get it much, much cheaper on 3DS. Legends is already getting what was $80 on Wii U for $40. If the extra content is, say, $20 more as DLC on Wii U, that's more than double the price for the whole thing on Wii U.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Because the 3DS has a much larger install base, and those who don't own the Wii U version already can get it much, much cheaper on 3DS. Legends is already getting what was $80 on Wii U for $40. If the extra content is, say, $20 more as DLC on Wii U, that's more than double the price for the whole thing on Wii U.
Good point. I didn't thought about that. However, if it does ever happen, I think they will wait a bit for Legends to sell before making available. That way, they would make even more money:wario::warioc::4wario::4wario2:

Soul.

Is the Time Machine method a good way to breed Pokémon or am I just missing something lol.

Chrono.

Good point. I didn't thought about that. However, if it does ever happen, I think they will wait a bit for Legends to sell before making available. That way, they would make even more money:wario::warioc::4wario::4wario2:
This is pretty much what I see happening.

Wait a couple months after Legends is out and release the story chapters on the Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom