• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Sanders is indeed the lesser of the 3 evils.

Doesn't stop his huge internet following from creeping me out though.
Oh god. That's the worst thing about Bernie by far.

Do you remember the Bronie Sanders thing?

Soul.

Haven't watched a lot of Smash streams lately. Last time I watched one was EGLX and that was already in top 8. Watching GOML was pretty good; it's nice to see Mario winning a tournament lol.

A few other characters had a good time in this tournament as well I think.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Both are scary individuals in my opinion, but at least Hillary doesn't make me want to build a bunker in case she wins.
Trump wants to build a wall so "harmful people" don't get in

Hillary wants to build a mind wall so "harmful thoughts" don't get in

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Both are scary individuals in my opinion, but at least Hillary doesn't make me want to build a bunker in case she wins.
Hillary makes me feel unsafe in my own country.

Trump makes me feel unsafe in the world.

Pick your poison.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Hillary makes me feel unsafe in my own country.

Trump makes me feel unsafe in the world.

Pick your poison.
Hillary is someone that's no one likes in office.

Trump is gonna make every Country laugh at us and I don't want either.

I rather go for full Communism

Bananija

Count of Trickery
After the last 8 years of Conservative bull**** at the hands of Stephen Harper (AKA Robot McLEGO Hair), Trudeau is the Liberal that Canada needs. He's working to fix our failing dollar, legalizing marijuana (which allows police to spend time stopping crimes that are ACTUALLY harmful), reversing some of the terrible Harper decisions (forcing scientists to hide research that would otherwise go against his plans), all around making the country a better place, and truly bringing us up to date with the modern world. Plus he does cool things like bring his kids to conventions and march in LGBT parades. He's the best.

And personally, if he really is influencing Hillary and she wins the election, I thin that can only be good for your country. Trudeau is basically Canadian Bernie, but younger and with nicer hair.
You know that the right guy was elected when he is taking selfies with the refugies after giving them personally a coat.

People are making way too much of a scandal with the elbow thing.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hillary is someone that's no one likes in office.

Trump is gonna make every Country laugh at us and I don't want either.

I rather go for full Communism
In communists countries they end up having to stand in long lines just to get a loaf of bread.

Communism can never work

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
To be fair, aren't most of the communists country under dictatorships?

Not saying it's, just playing devil advocate here.
In communist countries, it's the state that determines the distribution of wealth

Do you know how much power you give the state if you give them control over wealth?

People talking about smash tourny results makes me sad because it reminds me how much i've drifted away from the scene (or at least watching it) :(

Politics? On SmashBoards? In a calm meaningful tone?

What alternate reality did I just step into?
We just had a meaningful discussion on crime, the death penalty, and whether or not solders killing in the name of their country is murder

Smashboards is a lovely, yet strange place. :p

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Way too much of course.;)

That doesn't answer my question thought.:estatic:
The issue is that communism is a system that allows dictatorship to happen way too easily.

It has always happened.

Communism doesn't work as it assumes people won't try to take advantage of the system.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Can't Congress. . .do something to stop whoever gets in from doing too much damage?

Not that I EXPECT it to, incompetence and amorality is something universal across all government positions, but wasn't the United States government designed with a set of failsafes in the event of this exact situation?

Burruni

Smash Hero
Can't Congress. . .do something to stop whoever gets in from doing too much damage?

Not that I EXPECT it to, incompetence and amorality is something universal across all government positions, but wasn't the United States government designed with a set of failsafes in the event of this exact situation?
It's actually a great tragedy with the American system.
Congress has a greater impact, from a law standpoint, than the President.
But nobody cares about the "local" elections for senators and representatives.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Considering they're letting Obama do a bunch of executive orders (which he shouldn't be able to do), I doubt it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What parties would run in elections in a communist system?

We'd pretty much just be voting for who is in control of the communist party, wouldn't we?

I can't imagine a right wing party having much credence in a communist nation

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
What parties would run in elections in a communist system?

We'd pretty much just be voting for who is in control of the communist party, wouldn't we?

I can't imagine a right wing party having much credence in a communist nation
Communism isn't necessarily synonymous with one-party rule.

:231:

D

Deleted member

*comes here to discuss video games and other stupid *****
*thread is talking about politics*
Aww, not AGAIN!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Considering they're letting Obama do a bunch of executive orders (which he shouldn't be able to do), I doubt it.
. . .Doesn't that kind of defeat the point of how the system was set up?

Some of these politicians sitting aside and letting the President do whatever IIRC are likely among the group that say that something made ~250 years ago must be "outdated."

When something like this happens, I just get the idea that some people ~250 years ago were way, way smarter than their equivalents today.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
*comes here to discuss video games and other stupid *****
*thread is talking about politics*
Aww, not AGAIN!
And you complaining adds nothing.

Either listen and learn a thing or two or just wait til we're done.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Communism isn't necessarily synonymous with one-party rule.

My problem is with the corruption in the US electoral system combined with giving the state the ability to control wealth

The primary candidates would primarily be ones that interest the state

They'd be the ones with the money and the ones with the media coverage.

We could always make a compromise and talk about video game politics

Like how it makes absolutely no sense how Edea comes into power in FFVIII, and literally gets away with murdering the old President in front of hundreds with 0 repercussions and even has a parade immediately after.

No? Didn't think so :p

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
In practice it is.

It's an ultimate ideal.

But one that doesn't work.
I mean, here, there are communist parties that take part in elections. Lose and win pretty regularly too.

One of them was in power (in a state, not nationally) from 1977 to 2011, until people grew tired of them and voted them out.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Since we don't live in a true democracy and even the people's candidate can loose elections

I think if the country went communist the most the state would give us is the illusion of choice while serving their primary interests

Determining who we vote for

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

Like how it makes absolutely no sense how Edea comes into power in FFVIII, and literally gets away with murdering the old President in front of hundreds with 0 repercussions.

I don't think anyone wants to talk about the cure for insomnia called FFVIII

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

Like how it makes absolutely no sense how Edea comes into power in FFVIII, and literally gets away with murdering the old President in front of hundreds with 0 repercussions and even has a parade immediately after.

That reminds me, I actually came here to talk about Valkyria Chronicles. :laugh:

The Batomys and Selvaria are going to haunt me. For someone who had to save-scum to get past the first desert stage, I have no idea how I managed to beat the Batomys in one try with a C Rank, despite Selvaria almost wiping my army clean.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Everyone, including Edea herself, was being mind controlled is what I got from it

By Ultimecia

D

Deleted member

Video game politics? Fates taught me they don't exist! :p

I don't think anyone wants to talk about the cure for insomnia called FFVIII

GOAT

GOAT
That reminds me, I actually came here to talk about Valkyria Chronicles. :laugh:

The Batomys and Selvaria are going to haunt me. For someone who had to save-scum to get past the first desert stage, I have no idea how I managed to beat the Batomys in one try with a C Rank, despite Selvaria almost wiping my army clean.

I've had like a year head start and you're already further than I am. ;_;

Was fighting Batomys when the game crashed

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero

YOU GONNA MESS WITH THE PSYCHO WOMAN WHO JUST SHOT AN ICE ARROW FROM HER PALM AND SKEWERED THE PRESIDENT LIKE A KEBAB?!
FEAR RULES.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I was thinking about it more, and i think it's partially mind influence by Ultimecia and partially the promise to "Make Galbadia Great Again!"

Didn't they use to be a much more powerful nation?

Edit: Yeah, they used to be a military dictatorship

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
ahhh FF8 and FFX games that made kingdom hearts better by leting you beat up their terrible protagonists

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like Squall. I used to have a gunblade

Until I realized how poorly it was made and sold it to a friend

YOU GONNA MESS WITH THE PSYCHO WOMAN WHO JUST SHOT AN ICE ARROW FROM HER PALM AND SKEWERED THE PRESIDENT LIKE A KEBAB?!
FEAR RULES.
Maybe they did. We don't know because Squall is dead :troll:

But it's less from an individual standpoint, but more how she manages to get an army* and take over the world with no one stopping one crazy woman. I guess Hitler did the same thing to Germany, but Germany wasn't under peace and prosperity, and Hitler didn't **** the old emperor in the head in the middle of a speech and call all of his subjects worthless worms.

*Yes I know it's mostly Galbadia Garden but even that doesn't make any sense. Why would Seifer have power over an entire community made to fight Sorceresses?

And you didn't play it again afterwards?
Gallia was doomed be cause of you. :troll:

I have a sever hatred of replaying anything when it isn't on my own terms or at least I died. If i'm going back to play it? Great. Otherwise, replaying that one section because the power went out or something, no matter how short, is torture.

If an entire country was doomed it was doomed from the start. I only beat the bridge mission with one turn to spare because an engineer managed to run through 400 people shooting at her and get the flag >_>

ahhh FF8 and FFX games that made kingdom hearts better by leting you beat up their terrible protagonists
Squall was the only half decent character in that game though. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom