• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I watched the CinemaSins video
It really IS full of cliches
How did they **** up a Goosembumps movie?

Does she have a weapon equipped? Or one that she can use?
Also, don't go Blacksmith, Rinkah(who is the only character at default that can promote to it) sucks as one
Actually, don't use Rinkah, she is terrible, 35% HP growth is an offense
Everyone else has been saying the opposite, and I've found her pretty useful.

Rinkah is supposed to be a tank. She can eat physical attacks no problem because she has really good physical defense. Just keep her away from magic users and she's fine. And apparently she gets more buffs to her Defense and Speed if you make her a Blacksmith, along with a bunch of really nice skills that complement the tank playstyle. Giving her Skill buffing items also apparently makes her really powerful as she'll use those skills consistently then.

She's not very good at the start, especially the prologue, but she definitely becomes useful later on. I've mostly been using her as a Pair Up bodyguard for My Unit, and she provides some really nice Defense, Speed, and Attack buffs (along with some others) and guards very consistently even before the meter fills. It's made My Unit a near invincible OHKO machine for most of the game.

Her low HP means nothing against physical attacks when those attacks barely chip at her HP to begin with. The whole point of her is to take damage that other units cannot, soften up the enemies, and then have the rest of your units finish the job. She even apparently gets a skill that lets her counter multiple enemies at once, which can be used fo essentially cripple armies.

But yeah it seems I had a club she can't use yet equipped.

D

Deleted member

Everyone else has been saying the opposite, and I've found her pretty useful.

Rinkah is supposed to be a tank. She can eat physical attacks no problem because she has really good physical defense. Just keep her away from magic users and she's fine. And apparently she gets more buffs to her Defense and Speed if you make her a Blacksmith, along with a bunch of really nice skills that complement the tank playstyle. Giving her Skill buffing items also apparently makes her really powerful as she'll use those skills consistently then.

She's not very good at the start, especially the prologue, but she definitely becomes useful later on. I've mostly been using her as a Pair Up bodyguard for My Unit, and she provides some really nice Defense, Speed, and Attack buffs (along with some others) and guards very consistently even before the meter fills. It's made My Unit a near invincible OHKO machine for most of the game.

Her low HP means nothing against physical attacks when those attacks barely chip at her HP to begin with. The whole point of her is to take damage that other units cannot, soften up the enemies, and then have the rest of your units finish the job. She even apparently gets a skill that lets her counter multiple enemies at once, which can be used fo essentially cripple armies.

But yeah it seems I had a club she can't use yet equipped.
High defense means nothing if 3 damage is 10% of your health
Then again, you don't have to deal with Ninjas in Birthright as much and even then they don't have Poison Strike AND Grisly Wound, ugh
She works as a pair up bot though
And of course she is going to guard consistently, it isn't RNG hased anymore

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Good lord, are they trying to make Smash into a Football game

xD Oh, right, now I'm the one that didn't thought of that! It would be perfect.
Them whips is what makes it work

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
High defense means nothing if 3 damage is 10% of your health
Then again, you don't have to deal with Ninjas in Birthright as much and even then they don't have Poison Strike AND Grisly Wound, ugh
She works as a pair up bot though
And of course she is going to guard consistently, it isn't RNG hased anymore
Well with correct kind of build, she will only be taking 3 damage or the percentage equivalent for her current HP from most units anyway. Not to mention all of the great skills she can get. I suppose I can provide a better example once I get her to that stage though, that's why I want to level her up and do some reclassing.

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
Because it is the stereotypical "mythical break-out" plot we've already seen in stuff like Pixels. (I know pixels is a ****ty movie example, but bear with me)

And all the actors felt terribly cardboard, except maybe Jack Black. But he didn't really do too well, either.

Overall the movie was Pixels, but just a little bit more well-done. And with monsters rather than video game characters.

Last edited:

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Good lord, are they trying to make Smash into a Football game

Them whips is what makes it work
That is a clustermess that is likely doomed to fail, but that's pretty rude of Omni to propogate its failure.

D

Deleted member

Well with correct kind of build, she will only be taking 3 damage or the percentage equivalent for her current HP from most units anyway. Not to mention all of the great skills she can get. I suppose I can provide a better example once I get her to that stage though, that's why I want to level her up and do some reclassing.
>Great skills
>Salvage Blow
Lancebreaker is a good skill but it'll take way too long to get so it's better to just reclass for a while to get it, not as an end class
Because it is the stereotypical "mythical break-out" plot we've already seen in stuff like Pixels. (I know pixels is a ****ty movie example, but bear with me)

And all the actors felt terribly cardboard, except maybe Jack Black. But he didn't really do too well, either.

Overall the movie was Pixels, but just a little bit more well-done. And with monsters rather than video game characters.
I mean, they could have made it based on an actual Goosembumps book
But nope, we got have Jack Black, and a comedy, and not actually based from the books!

D

Deleted member

I'm for the Gauntlet thing tbh. I am not, however for Triforce. He is a straight up conman.

Hopefully no cons happens and this leads to us having 4vs4. I would really love to play tournaments with 4vs4.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I was afraid of that....once again, my condolences go out to her family and all of her friends.

Do the authorities have any major suspects yet?
Currently the only, and by far most likely, suspect is her boyfriend, who was found at the llama farm shortly after she went missing. He was taken in for questioning and then got detained further by escaping police custody. The cops here are absolute morons and took forever to even check the llama farm, which is why her remains were only found relatively recently. The guy was notably both obsessive and possessive of her, and often claimed they were already basically married by some destiny stuff or something. The guy was also supposedly into heavy drugs, which some people theorize may have played a part here.

If you're interested, this article from the Pocono Record covers the whole thing pretty well.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I had a dream last night that I was living with my cousin in NYC over the Summer and walked into a new section of Nintendo NYC that has been converted into a Pokemon Center again (back in my day it was always a Pokemon Center kiddos).

I went in and they were advertising Sun and Moon and there was a **** ton of news. I mean a **** ton. Apparently they began marketing the June 2nd news early and I was seeing it first and recording and taking pics to try and leak it. The crazy thing is all these designs were so vivid in my dream.

Tons of new Pokemon. A Ground and Poison Eeveelution. Many Megas (Igglybuff, Darkrai, Greninja, to name a few). New evolutions of old Pokemon like Dunsparce. New Pre-Evolutions.

New competitive battle announcements like how they'll be doing Single Battles for tournaments from now on.

Then I tried to share the info online to get the credit for the story and Serebii stole it without crediting.

FeelsBadMan.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Trying my hand at this Hunger Games thing...JFF....setting this up was a bit of a pain...
Video Game Enemies Edition...
enemy hunger games.jpg

With returning Champion from the Pokemon Games

Dunno about you guys but Cucco's gonna take this...

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Is it me or are YouTube trolls getting more pathetic lately? The last guy I argued with started speaking in a bunch of Japanese gibberish with a little "*** sucking" insult inside. Probably one of those trolls from Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Let's see how the YouTube authorities would deal with him after he got his *** reported and blocked.

Watched Captain America yesterday, and Winter Soldier just now.

Now I just need to watch Age of Ultron to be caught up for Civil War.

Im only a few years behind :p
The Maximoff twins being in an end credit scene would have blown my mind if I didnt already know they had made an appearance

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Very little dying, lots of running...
enemy hunger games pt1.jpg

-Metroid and Rattata appear to be plotting against our current champion...
-Dead Hand and Slime both found explosives...this seems very worrysome for the other tributes...

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

The Maximoff twins being in an end credit scene would have blown my mind if I didnt already know they had made an appearance
This is why you have to be caught up! That scene was soooo hype at the midnight release of Winter Solider.

Unfortunately Age of Ultron didn't entirely live up to my expectations (Except for Hawkeye's parts. He was the best part of AoU by FAR). But if you treat Civil War as the actual send off to Phase 2, then i think it more than makes up for it.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Is it me or are YouTube trolls getting more pathetic lately? The last guy I argued with started speaking in a bunch of Japanese gibberish with a little "*** sucking" insult inside. Probably one of those trolls from Encyclopedia Dramatica.

Let's see how the YouTube authorities would deal with him after he got his *** reported and blocked.
Bill Cipher has something to say for him.

Yes, because people who are upset with the character development of Tsubasa being removed are creeps. :rolleyes:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Currently the only, and by far most likely, suspect is her boyfriend, who was found at the llama farm shortly after she went missing. He was taken in for questioning and then got detained further by escaping police custody. The cops here are absolute morons and took forever to even check the llama farm, which is why her remains were only found relatively recently. The guy was notably both obsessive and possessive of her, and often claimed they were already basically married by some destiny stuff or something. The guy was also supposedly into heavy drugs, which some people theorize may have played a part here.

If you're interested, this article from the Pocono Record covers the whole thing pretty well.
.....that was a rather depressing read. Such a kind person shouldn't have had her life taken away like this, especially at that age. She was only year younger than I am....it's a disturbing thought, to say the least.

Going off of everything I read about her boyfried and the background of the girl's disappearance in this article, I'd personally think it has to be him. I realize they need to investigate the matter further to be certain that it was him, though, they need to be sure they have the right guy. Hopefully it won't take long....the girl and her family deserve justice.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Do any of you like custard filled donuts?
random question, but I enjoy a Canadian Maple every now and then...

----

More Hunger Games...
enemy hunger games pt2.jpg

RIP Motobug

-Our Champion takes first blood along with his new ally
-Waddle Dee is apparently now making an attempt at our champion's life

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Does she have a weapon equipped? Or one that she can use?
Also, don't go Blacksmith, Rinkah(who is the only character at default that can promote to it) sucks as one
Actually, don't use Rinkah, she is terrible, 35% HP growth is an offense
The movie isn't actually that bad, I'm pretty sure the cliche's it has in it are on purpose.

I didn't remember that Hannah was actually from a goosebumps books.

Scratch that. It's one of the more memorable goosebumps episodes (The tv series), I was looking to see if they had the ghost. However, I didn't remember the ghosts name and didn't expect one of the main characters to be the ghost (Plus everyone can see her and she can't walk through people)

I kind of liked it. It's definitely not the best movie ever, but I found it enjoyable in the least

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Almost there. :p Also it's kind of funny you saw Ant-Man before Age of Ultron, haha.

Very little dying, lots of running...
View attachment 107667

-Metroid and Rattata appear to be plotting against our current champion...
-Dead Hand and Slime both found explosives...this seems very worrysome for the other tributes...
I'm hoping Zubat wins. Love the Zubat line. :p

This is why you have to be caught up! That scene was soooo hype at the midnight release of Winter Solider.

Unfortunately Age of Ultron didn't entirely live up to my expectations (Except for Hawkeye's parts. He was the best part of AoU by FAR). But if you treat Civil War as the actual send off to Phase 2, then i think it more than makes up for it.
I mean, coming from someone who liked Age of Ultron but can attest to its faults, I think Hawkeye's bits were the best parts.
The fact that he's a family man who just wants to make the world safer, and Laura calling him, basically, the grounding force that humanizes the Avengers was really nice. He also got a ton of great comedic moments as well ("No one would know!"), and the pep talk he gave Wanda toward the end really cemented him as one of my favorites of the group, despite him being kind of "just there" in the first Avengers film due to mind control shenanigans. Whedon did a great job of giving him actual character. I mean, the guy named his newborn son after the guy who saved his life. He's a great guy.

To this day, I still can't see how some people, mostly on the MCU subreddit, still find him dull after Age of Ultron. The only explanation I can see is that he's "not Fraction's Hawkeye" despite the MCU being separate from the comics.

.....that was a rather depressing read. Such a kind person shouldn't have had her life taken away like this, especially at that age. She was only year younger than I am....it's a disturbing thought, to say the least.

Going off of everything I read about her boyfried and the background of the girl's disappearance in this article, I'd personally think it has to be him. I realize they need to investigate the matter further to be certain that it was him, though, they need to be sure they have the right guy. Hopefully it won't take long....the girl and her family deserve justice.
Yeah, basically no one at this point is denying it's him. :p He's quite literally the only suspect. But yeah, incredibly disturbing stuff.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
enemy hunger games pt3.jpg

RIP Dead Hand
RIP Koopa

-Waddle Dee and Rattata have a cute moment
-Zubat's a **** to ghosts
-Genome Soldier do, what Dead Hand don't
-Koopa's hard protective shell failed him when the Head crab attacked

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
View attachment 107669
RIP Dead Hand
RIP Koopa

-Waddle Dee and Rattata have a cute moment
-Zubat's a **** to ghosts
-Genome Soldier do, what Dead Hand don't
-Koopa's hard protective shell failed him when the Head crab attacked
I only just noticed this, but...

Why did you happen to put undead running football man in?

Because I love you for it.

So much.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I realized I haven't actually tried very many Splatoon weapons out in the wild, so I decided to try some rounds with the Heavy Splatling.

. . .Or as I prefer to call it, the Lawn Mower.

Not because of any sort of efficiency or skill in battle, although I've been pleasantly surprised with how effective it is.

No, I just call it that because of the sound it makes when it's fully charged up.

WHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

. . .Also the win animation for it combined with my Amiibo Power Armor set (I found the three pack on clearance, OK?) looks hilariously adorable. Seeing this fully armored warrior HUGGING their weapon is a sight to behold, honestly.

*EDIT* Well turns out I didn't actually get the Lawn Mower, but it's baby cousin. I plan on saving up for it. . .whenever my internet lets me have a match again.

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I only just noticed this, but...

Why did you happen to put undead running football man in?

Because I love you for it.

So much.
Diversification, hilarity and because PvZ is a pretty fun game even though I've only played it for a couple hours way back when...

Derp moments...
enemy hunger games pt4.jpg

RIP Goomba

-Apparently Magikarp has ankles
-Metroid's doing Metroid things
-Goomba has a derp moment...that's why you don't play with explosives if you don't have hands

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Apparently there is a thing in Canada right now called #ElbowGate

The prime Minister accidentally knocked his elbow into a girl's breasts while moving through a crowd

And according to the news I saw people are making a big deal of it for some reason

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Going to double up on these so they go by faster....I'm very impatient btw...

enemy hunger games pt5.jpg

RIP Z Block

-Genome Soldier dreams about checking under a cardboard box... !
-"The Top Percentage and Emissary Fodder hold hands"....lol
-Magikarp is taking no prisoners....but the real question is...if he stabs Z block while his back is turned...isn't he just stabbing S block in the front? those questions that make you think....

----

enemy hunger games pt6.jpg
RIP Cucco
RIP Genome Soldier

-Slime clearly knows which was the bigger threat
-Specknose doesn't even have the decency to finish off his victim, he must've learned from Magikarp during their former alliance

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Going to double up on these so they go by faster....I'm very impatient btw...

View attachment 107672

RIP Z Block

-Genome Soldier dreams about checking under a cardboard box... !
-"The Top Percentage and Emissary Fodder hold hands"....lol
-Magikarp is taking no prisoners....but the real question is...if he stabs Z block while his back is turned...isn't he just stabbing S block in the front? those questions that make you think....

----

View attachment 107674 RIP Cucco
RIP Genome Soldier

-Slime clearly knows which was the bigger threat
-Specknose doesn't even have the decency to finish off his victim, he must've learned from Magikarp during their former alliance
Zubat's a little savage and I love it.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
I saw some people talking about the Goosebumps movie and I thought I'd chime in. I saw it while it was in theatres and once I got past the fact that it had pretty much zero connection to the show I enjoyed it for what it was. It's not perfect, but it's fun and entertaining.

The one gripe I have with the movie is that it didn't at least have the show's theme in the credits, it would have been so easy to include, but no.

Apparently there is a thing in Canada right now called #ElbowGate

The prime Minister accidentally knocked his elbow into a girl's breasts while moving through a crowd

And according to the news I saw people are making a big deal of it for some reason
Yeah, it's absolutely ridiculous. How many times have you been walking through a thick crowd of people and accidentally nudged a person? That's all that happened here and it got blown massively out of proportion just because Conservatives and the NDP (a third Canadian running party) are actively looking for reasons to hate Trudeau because they can't accept that he's legitimately a nice guy trying to do what he thinks is best for the country.

- Your Friendly Neighbourhood Canadian

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sight losing...
enemy hunger games pt7.jpg

Literally nothing happens....

----

enemy hunger games pt8.jpg

RIP Waddle Dee
RIP Rinka

-Specknose picks his nose flowers
-I Guess you can say....Waddle Dee's Repel wore off...
-Rinka just plain rage quits...

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Well...this is uneventful...

enemy hunger games pt9.jpg

enemy hunger games pt10.jpg

Basically nothing happens AGAIN...c'mon tributes get to the Bloodbaths already!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom