• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Why do you hate Yandere Chan?
I don't exactly hate her, it's more to do with an inside joke of sorts.

Probably for the stunt I pulled in Indie Mafia. :p
And that....

....is actually not it. :p

In a certain Bob-omb thread here, there came a time where the subject of "Deres" came up, and what kind of Dere everyone in the thread was. Eventually, one of the regulars switched to a Yandere Chan avi. Not long afterwards, almost every other regular of that thread started switching to Yandere Chan avatars as well. Some RPing was also involved.....

I was one of the few people who didn't switch to a Yandere Chan avatar. So me and a few other regulars in that thread formed a "resistance" against what we considered the Yandere Virus. A few days later the trend died out, but it returned at least three or four times later on at which points I was again one of the few people not to take part in changing my avatar.

So yeah, I don't seriously hate her, but I have a little personal fun humoring myself about the subject of Yanderes when I look back at those times. :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

RIP Queen Elizabeth II
RIP Abraham Lincoln
RIP Chun-Li Kid
RIP Pickaxe

Only six people left.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't exactly hate her, it's more to do with an inside joke of sorts.

And that....

....is actually not it. :p

In a certain Bob-omb thread here, there came a time where the subject of "Deres" came up, and what kind of Dere everyone in the thread was. Eventually, one of the regulars switched to a Yandere Chan avi. Not long afterwards, almost every other regular of that thread started switching to Yandere Chan avatars as well. Some RPing was also involved.....

I was one of the few people who didn't switch to a Yandere Chan avatar. So me and a few other regulars in that thread formed a "resistance" against what we considered the Yandere Virus. A few days later the trend died out, but it returned at least three or four times later on at which points I was again one of the few people not to take part in changing my avatar.

So yeah, I don't seriously hate her, but I have a little personal fun humoring myself about the subject of Yanderes when I look back at those times. :p
So you're more Tsundere

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

RIP Squirrel Girl
Five left.

And since the next thing wasn't that exciting, here it is.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

RIP Beaker
RIP Megan

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
...I mean, I did get it as a result of a Dere test once or twice before.

In all seriousness, I don't know if there actually is a Dere that accurately describes my personality.
Apparently I'm "Dandere"

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

RIP Dalmatian
RIP Mantis

Uh...

Well, we only have one person alive.

It's Jack! Congratulations!

Here are the placements for everyone.

Slippy is dead last.

Good.

Dalmatian was a savage though, seriously.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That's going to be Rowlett after Litten's final form is revealed

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

RIP Dalmatian
RIP Mantis

Uh...

Slippy is dead last.

Good.

That was, a bit of an underwhelming ending...

I'm legitemately sad Beaker didn't win though...but Jack was my second choice so...yay...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
YES!

Just don't bring him that horizon since it killed the other two. :p

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
User was warned for this post

RIP Dalmatian
RIP Mantis

Uh...

Slippy is dead last.

Good.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wouldn't mind doing that again some time tomorrow.

Would it be something you guys would be interested in?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
Some are admittedly harder than others, but here's my take. I should mention, though, that I was more or less just listing lots of examples of contenders as opposed to a full line up. I doubt all would be playable at once. Hypothetically though, here's one take.
Black Widow: Similar in some ways to Jill in UMC3 while Jill takes more from her MvC2 appearance to differentiate them more. As well, she has more than enough gear of her own to set her apart skill-wise. The Widow's Bite electrical charges from her wrist bracelets, allowing for electrical attacks, could be the major thing. As well, other pieces of tech like tear gas as a crumple could be used. One of her hypers could utilize a SHIELD cloaking device, which some adaptations seem fond of giving her.

Black Panther: Focuses more on raw power than Felicia. Mixes claw-fighting with martial arts. Notably, Disney Infinity, for example, gave him some capoeira-styled kicking attacks to spice him up a bit. Then he also has the Vibranium daggers for added flair.

Ant-Man would kind of have a gimmick focusing on hitbox changes for his main combat. Additionally, he'd be able to summon swarms of various types of ants for varied effects, mainly as a DoT type of character.

Star-Lord's harder to do, since he really only has the Element Gun to work with. Now don't get me wrong, this thing can fire all four elements plus lightning, but making that cohesive is admittedly tougher. As well, I admittedly can't think of much to separate Nova from Captain Marvel.

Ms. Marvel/Kamala Khan, on the other hand, could be done much differently on account of being a shapeshifter. She could almost act as Marvel's answer to Dhalsim should he not make the hypothetical roster.

Scarlet Witch would focus on subduing and neutralizing the opponent with her hex powers, taking a mix of abilities from her various incarnations, print or film. Moves like a control disorienter, magical ranged command grab, and maybe a draining move similar to Robin's Nosferatu, which could be interesting in a MvC setting.

Vision I just thought could be a cool stance-changing character, given his power to change his density. High power, slow, and heavy mode and lower-power, quick, and light mode. That kinda thing. Also a neat move where he phases into the ground and uppercuts the opponent from beneath them. A bit of an elaboration on Rocket's Burrow move and also a move idea I had in mind for a Smash version of Muddy Mole.

Wasn't aware of Venom's issue. Though it might change depending on what Marvel says. I'll concede there though, as with Demitri. I didn't really think about the strain from multiple models, haha.

So yeah, I'm not a game designer/programmer, so some of these ideas may very well not fit into the MvC mold, but I thought they were neat. :p I also spent more time thinking about this than I should have. :laugh:
For Captain Marvel/Ms. Marvel/Carol I would like to see her take Rouge's moveset from previous MvC games, but with energy blasts and minus the kissing. I think it would make sense seeing how Rouge stole her powers, though I doubt they would do that.

If they could make them all unique I would like to see them as characters playable.

I also really want to see Blade playable as well as Samanosuke (where's the Onimusha love Capcom? That's your 6th best selling franchise right there).

Oh and bring back Thanos... I don't have to explain why he should come back do I?

There are a lot more characters I'd like to see, maybe I'll talk about them later.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
*Wonderlocke* An Axew! Shame I can't use it, Magikarp, slap the **** out of it so I can trade it. *dragon rage* That'd be cool to ha-OH **** I ONLY HAVE 39 HP NOOOOO! *Magikarp dies* IT WAS LEVEL 19 AND ALMOST LEVELED UP AAAARGH! *trades Axew and receives level 1 Magikarp* **** you game

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
*Wonderlocke* An Axew! Shame I can't use it, Magikarp, slap the **** out of it so I can trade it. *dragon rage* That'd be cool to ha-OH **** I ONLY HAVE 39 HP NOOOOO! *Magikarp dies* IT WAS LEVEL 19 AND ALMOST LEVELED UP AAAARGH! *trades Axew and receives level 1 Magikarp* **** you game
Set damage moves really can be a cruel mistress at times.

D

Deleted member

Be careful then, there's also a trainer with a Dragon Rage Axew in that route
Probably the most dangerous generic trainer in Y... unless you have a Fairy Pokemon

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh hey there... Mind if I join?
so akward holy ****
You and zoroarking would be buds
Be careful then, there's also a trainer with a Dragon Rage Axew in that route
Probably the most dangerous generic trainer in Y... unless you have a Fairy Pokemon
Already at the second gym. Also need to know where I can easily find a moonstone, but in general, wonderlocke is being good

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I wouldn't mind doing that again some time tomorrow.

Would it be something you guys would be interested in?
XD It is hilariously stupid, so yeah...You should at least one annoying character, I dunno, Navi, a Minion, a Raving Rabbid, or resurrect Slippy back from the dead so he dies again!

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
You and zoroarking would be buds

Already at the second gym. Also need to know where I can easily find a moonstone, but in general, wonderlocke is being good
the earliest non super training moon stone is in reflection cave

Red & Green

Just call me Red.
NNID
123Gallon
3DS FC
1332-8993-7355
Switch FC
1960-8956-3517
I never really got into the whole Nuzlocke thing.

It seems just a little bit overdone, but it's definitely a fun way to get a little bit more life out of your games.

I don't like how you gotta just delete your save file on older games to just do one, there's some pokemon you worked hard on and you don't want them to go the waste, you know...?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

It seems just a little bit overdone, but it's definitely a fun way to get a little bit more life out of your games.

I don't like how you gotta just delete your save file on older games to just do one, there's some pokemon you worked hard on and you don't want them to go the waste, you know...?
pokebank is your friend when it comes to this

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
EDIT this was an accident

That's what I use Pokebank for

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom