• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
See? They even have Captain America Civil War already.

PACK YOUR BAGS WE'RE HEADING TO ANTARCTICA.
Nah...
upload_2016-4-7_18-34-44.png

We can just go Saturn's moon Titan and live off it's methane lakes. No political figure would ever want to follow us there. Not even Donald Trump...

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I found it......It might not be the original upload.
BUT I FOUND IT :D
The final song I heard from SilvaGunner survives :')
A page right out of history indeed.
FalKoopa FalKoopa isn't it glorious?
I just wish someone had the last 6 rips upload yesterday before the channel got taken down. I never got to see them....
:(

There's no way this wasn't intentional.
Oh it was. The anime has had slight pushes, but this seems to be going all in....
Let's all just move to Antarctica. When was the last time you heard of a political scandal in Antarctica?
How did you not hear about the great penguin massacre?

Someone mad man who worked for the president of Antarctica,( Wally the Warlus) went up to Antartica's highest peak( cool Cool mountain), and starting Chucking penguins off it to their doom! Here's footage of the tragedy:

and I just saw this hilarious image:

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Speaking of Trump, can someone explain this?
upload_2016-4-8_4-4-22.png

Yes, it's on the Wikipedia page right now. :laugh:

:231:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So the new Star Wars Rogue One trailer hit today, for those who didn't know.

Also, LMFAO, the comments are as stupid as you can imagine. From people complaining about too many practical effects to stuff like this.
"Is this real? It looks awful. Are they ever going to make movies again for young boys again that will inspire new generations? This is silly PC nonsense. And people wonder why the young men of the west are so soft and content to be conquered by invaders. This movie and other brainwashing propaganda like this are the reason why."

It's beautiful.

I thought Antarctica was a monarchy ruled by Emperor Penguins.

Monarchies are only bad if the monarchs are bad. Penguins are good creatures so we're all square there.
#AntarcticaIsOurNewHome
I heard the leopard seal minorities were being persecuted.

Nah...
View attachment 103201
We can just go Saturn's moon Titan and live off it's methane lakes. No political figure would ever want to follow us there. Not even Donald Trump...
If there are entire lakes of methane then Trump has probably already been there. . .

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So I passed the test to be considered for supervisor, but I can't apply because of a dress code violation I got in November.

I'm going to try and appeal it

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Last edited:

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
Because SJW's believe in hivemind mentality

Their philosophy is "don't think, believe"

Edit: honestly I sort of am on her side though, no reason they should have attacked her
D-Do we still use that term unironically.

I don't know anything about the situation so I have no opinions about it.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Is Alison herself even still involved in this? Or is it just the internet making an uproar over this now?

I don't recall such a fuss happening when Chris Pranger got fired after that one podcast he was involved with.....

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Because SJW's believe in hivemind mentality

Their philosophy is "don't think, believe"

Edit: honestly I sort of am on her side though, no reason they should have attacked her
I'm not talking about the attacks people pulled on her on Twitter. I don't agree with how people did that. I'm talking about how people are directing criticism at Nintendo for firing her and treating it like such a big deal.

No matter what way you slice it, Nintendo had a justified reason to fire her. Yes, there are two stories going around as to the exact reason, but it's irrelevant since both cases make equal sense - either they fired her because she brashly reacted to the flaming she received, as well as the fact she was just far too vocal on her personal opinions for a PR employee, some of her opinions being extremely detrimental to Nintendo's image. The other story is that she was simply fired for running a second job concurrently to her job at Nintendo, which is against company policy. Regardless of whether or not any of us agree with that decision is one thing, but if she was an employee at Nintendo, she SHOULD have known better than to run a second job if she wanted to keep the one at Nintendo.

Is Alison herself even still involved in this? Or is it just the internet making an uproar over this now?

I don't recall such a fuss happening when Chris Pranger got fired after that one podcast he was involved with.....
As far as I know, Alison herself isn't involved and has pretty much moved on.

It's just those people who are overly concerned with "video game politics" that are making this fuss about it. That, and it makes for good click bait and publicity and stuff.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The date is back on.

And off...

I think:?

What?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
So the new Star Wars Rogue One trailer hit today, for those who didn't know.
I've got a feeling that the guy Diego Luna is playing at 0:26/0:27 in the trailer is (based on) Kyle Katarn.
upload_2016-4-8_0-12-20.png

too many practical effects
Funny how Practical effects were met with approval when they were announced for Episode 7. But now there's too many apparently.
And of course the complaints about the female lead, Jyn Erso.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
D-Do we still use that term unironically.

I don't know anything about the situation so I have no opinions about it.
I said that mostly in jest, but it's really hard to tell now what is a joke or not

D

Deleted member

Speaking of Trump, can someone explain this?
View attachment 103203

Yes, it's on the Wikipedia page right now. :laugh:

Once i edited the Spanish Wikipedia page of Buzz Lightyear and changed it to Buzz Yogurtlight, since i clicked the edit button by accident and decided to edit the page out of curiosity to see if it would appear on the page. I was like 11 years old when i did that, so it was years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I passed the test to be considered for supervisor, but I can't apply because of a dress code violation I got in November.

I'm going to try and appeal it
That's somewhat dumb, hope you can appeal it and move on with the position!

The date is back on.

And off...

I think:?

What?
What? Care to Explain more?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I don't see how any Star Wars fan couldn't be excited about Rogue One. Hell. They could put out a Star Wars movie that was just me looking at an opening crawl and I'd still pay money to see it.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is probably one of the most interesting and worthwhile, and actually relevant theory videos I have ever seen on a game.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Ugh, every time I go to check these controversial Twitter pages it's nothing but a huge glob of Disney merch.

At any rate, I think both sides of this are dumb because the entire controversy on both sides is running off of an "act first, think later" mentality. However, I find myself far more annoyed at the news articles, spokespersons, and developers jumping to conclusions on this because due to their positions of authority they have a responsibility to do some shred of research before making an official statement and they clearly aren't doing that. The neckbeards in the comment sections aren't held to that, and they're most definitely just as biased in the opposite direction, but somehow they're the only ones actually bothering to do any research AT ALL on this.

When the random angry maniacs in the comments are doing more research and presenting more information than the people actually making public statements, I feel uncomfortable about what that says about the people making those public statements.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
"would you change the dlc" nope....im 100% happy with what we got

what im sorry i cant hate getting my ballot choice in the game along side roy my most wanted veteran

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So remember how I posted about how Sonic 4 Episode 1 got an update on Android/iOS the other day, and I couldn't figure out what it was?

I simply forgot to read the patch notes. And they clear everything up.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Was canceled because she wants to go to a powwow with friends.

Then we're meeting before?

I think?

What?
If that's the case, then it would seem the date is just moved up. which isn't to bad, but I'd try to learn for sure.

Just ask:
"so we on for saturday then?"

D

Deleted member

I'm on Case 3 in AA
I like how I'm not given who the murderer is from the beginning like the first two ones
But man, do I sure love telling Sdgelord to **** off
"You're lying and I can prove it, damnit!"

D

Deleted member

The Jorge Joestar novel from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a big mess.
Seriously, i only need to tell you that there are 36 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF KARS to get you an idea of how wacky this story gets.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

The Jorge Joestar novel from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a big mess.
Seriously, i only need to tell you that there are 36 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF KARS to get you an idea of how wacky this story gets.
Who was Jorge again? Lol
I believe it was Joseph's father, right?
36 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF KARS
There are more versions of Kars than fights that Kakyoin won

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well I went as far down as I could on her Twitter and followed the trail of breadcrumbs a little further.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

I understand she was under a LOT of stress due to the number of harassers attacking her, but white supremacy. . .?

There was also an image one of her detractors took of her having posted a tweet defending Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian, and while I can't find the exact tweet, the other two tweets that were in that image are both in the comment chain for this.

Granted, that doesn't address the question of why she got fired, but I was looking through and noticed this and wondered about how her behavior might relate to the perception many people have of her.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Last edited:
I figured that she can't have just amassed a group of toxic internet neckbeard harassers going after her -just- because she was a woman.
You underestimate the internet. Or in this case is it overestimating?

I mean yeah it's more than that but I wouldn't put it past the internet.

And, I truly don't mean to be rude when I ask this, but why do you keep "following the breadcrumbs"? This is certainly not the first time you've gone back in time to find old evidence of something or anther. While I applaud your desire to find the Truth and as much evidence you can, I don't quite see the point with doing it so often with such trivial matters.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
This is probably one of the most interesting and worthwhile, and actually relevant theory videos I have ever seen on a game.

It's definitely an interesting theory, and I can definitely see parts of it potentially panning out. Though in particular, I have an issue with the second point.

I don't think Phoenix Mode was a way to appeal to a younger audience, but a different audience: that audience being Visual Novel fans who play for the story and nothing more. And honestly most visual novel fans aren't young to begin with either. So in that regard, I don't see Fire Emblem ever getting to the point of a less-than-T rating.

Fully agree on the Deeprealms thing though; it seriously made zero sense.

I do disagree with the degree in which censorship may affect it though: particularly, the example he used of eliminating entire chapters. That really doesn't seem like something Nintendo would do, as that's an incredibly bad practice. And honestly, it's kind of ironic he used Pokemon's lessening of maturity as an example when Black and White 2 straight up had the antagonist attempt to murder you, and X and Y had the whole war from 3,000 years ago where it's explicitly stated that many humans and Pokemon died in combat.

Over all, an interesting video, though I believe a few of the concerns are either unfounded or a bit exaggerated. Definitely food for thought though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Most likely not.

NY Post is a tabloid newspaper, and they're usually filled with BS.

Secondly, from what I can understand, Planet 9 is a hypothetical planet. It could exist, but right now there's no concrete evidence.

Don't worry about it right now.
*planet crashes into earth.
"Well ****"

But, alright! I don't follow them much. It seemed unlikely, as I'd imagine something this big would be addressed more publicly. But I figured I'd ask, especially since I cant find to much on it.

D

Deleted member

Who was Jorge again? Lol
I believe it was Joseph's father, right?
Joseph's father was called George Joestar II, and Jorge is apparently an alternate universe version of him. The novel does feature the "original" George Joestar II as one of the main characters (well, al least until the whole novel does bents over backwards and starts going bananas).

There are more versions of Kars than fights that Kakyoin won
I forgot to mention that there's a "good" version of Kars (Universe-J Kars) that knows about stands and can steal them.
Oh, and he is called Kars-Senpai by Jorge.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
*planet crashes into earth.
"Well ****"

But, alright! I don't follow them much. It seemed unlikely, as I'd imagine something this big would be addressed more publicly. But I figured I'd ask, especially since I cant find to much on it.
Basically, my rule of thumb is that if NASA isn't hyping it up, then it should probably be ignored. Especially after 2012 lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom