• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Years ago my Best Buy sold Other M (and Sin & Punishment 2) for $5 each (which I bought both). I had Other M before my original copy (along with a number of my other games) got stolen.

Gameplay wise, I really enjoyed said game.

It's the story I can't defend though.
Yeah, I'm just thinking of this from a business perspective. The game really sold bad and there are a lot of Wii games that sold far better that if I was in charge I would most certainly prioritize. It doesn't help the reputation this game has either.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
There was a problem fetching the tweet

In other news, nintendo may regret their decision of hosting this FE contest. the finalists are camila and Ryoma. The above is a small taste of how entertaining the comment section is lol.

Oh and camila wins best FE Fates character. Which makes sense, and isn't to surprising.
Camila wins? well that's surprising...:troll:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Camila wins? well that's surprising...:troll:
Someone who hasn't played this would think someone is pervy, but that's not helped by her entrances in birthright....

EDIT:

Just came across this:

Haven't heard about this before now surprisingly....

Anyway, probably fake. But that Mega delcatty sounds super OP.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Someone who hasn't played this would think someone is pervy, but that's not helped by her entrances in birthright....

EDIT:

Just came across this:

Haven't heard about this before now surprisingly....

Anyway, probably fake. But that Mega delcatty sounds super OP.
It was an April Fools joke from Smogon

D

Deleted member

Hey wait a second.........

Have you guys ever wondered if the Smash 4 character trailers got switched? Do you think there could have been a difference if they were revealed in different orders?
Like, what if Shulk's trailer had been released on July 12th instead of Robin's?

Or even better, what would have happened if we had Cloud's trailer on April 1st instead of Lucas's?

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
I'm buying the Smash one, no doubt about it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It was an April Fools joke from Smogon
Ok, good, because that sounded really bad. I also doubt we will catch the cores. I think they will work like eggs or kkey items even.
Anybody want some amiibo diorama's?

Well Nintendo of Japan has started making them
https://www.nintendo.co.jp/amiibo/diorama/index.html#kirby\

I wonder if the wet will get them.
Just saw this. They are beautiful. I really hope the west gets them. I'd definitely buy them.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Where and when should we meet? You like Chineese?"

"We could do Saturday whatever time works for you in library. I'm kinda liking the morning but also don't wanna wake up early so I'm undecided on time. And I ****ing love Chineese and am liking where this conversation is going haa and sorry i didn't write back sooner, i was working!"

When did I get good at girls?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123

"We could do Saturday whatever time works for you in library. I'm kinda liking the morning but also don't wanna wake up early so I'm undecided on time. And I ****ing love Chineese and am liking where this conversation is going haa and sorry i didn't write back sooner, i was working!"

Swamp, The Lady Killer 2016

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well now you're just bragging. :p
It's more of scientific fascination.

I mean, I'm not that good looking and we literally just met.

WHAT'S GOING ON?

"Hey no sweat, How about we meet on Saturday at 1, work on the assignment, go to the Chineese place down the road and see what happens from there?"

"Agh yes!! Sounds like the perfect crime! Haha"

"It's not the perfect until we drive the getaway car to Mexico."

Too much?

WHAT'S GOING ON?

"Hey no sweat, How about we meet on Saturday at 1, work on the assignment, go to the Chineese place down the road and see what happens from there?"

Too much?
I mean Trump hasn't been elected so escaping the country isn't necessary yet so yeah a little much. :troll:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I thought she liked Mexican (burritos)?

This girl is fickle dude.
She's not racist, she likes all kinds of people lol.
But clearly swamp you did something right.
She must have heard of your big upcoming game, or that your not in the Panama papers
:p

WHAT'S GOING ON?

Too much?
Swamp confirmed to be a criminal. The president has gone corrupt!
:troll:

I'm going for supervisor position at work
Good luck! Hope you get it!

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

WHAT'S GOING ON?

Too much?
Nah man, it's just getting good. She enjoys being around, she finds you humorous and you guys are clicking like crazy.

I ain't saying she's the one but man you hit the jackpot

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I mean she hasn't replied to that last comment so.l...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well she seems to be delayed at times based on what you posted, so I could see that happening here.
I think you let worries get the best of you, and then have trouble waiting over something, as you think the worst has happened.

I understand that viewpoint quite a lot,( trust me, although I won't go into the reasoning why)

but your fine Swamp,don't worry about it!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
She might be busy again and hasn't had the time to reply to it or simply doesn't have anything to say in response. Doesn't mean there was something she disliked about it.

Whatever the case, it's just one little comment. I doubt there's anything to worry about. :p

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
Hmm. I feel like I'm the only person who is personally totally against fan project games/mods that make unauthorized usage of a company's IP, regardless of quality or good intentions. It just makes me uncomfortable for some reason. (Not criticizing anyone who does support these projects, it's just a personal preference that I don't support them unless the company has provided the toolkit to do so or encouraged it).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
People that don't realize that "a and an" depend on the sound of the word and not if the word begins with a vowel or consonant kinda grind my gears.

Just say it out loud, you can tell if it fits.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
People that don't realize that "a and an" depend on the sound of the word and not if the word begins with a vowel or consonant kinda grind my gears.

Honestly one of the hardest parts of learning English as someone with a different native tongue. Worst part was that school didn't even have a good system for knowing when to use both so I had to learn it myself.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So today I remembered something I did many years ago and totally forgot about in my teenage years.

When I was much younger, I created and drew a fanmade Pokemon.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
So today I remembered something I did many years ago and totally forgot about in my teenage years.

When I was much younger, I created and drew a fanmade Pokemon.
I did something similar but by that time I realized that making fan creations was dumb because you could never really do anything so I created my OWN monster collection series game

Edit: With blackjack and hookers

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

When Smash Spec was still a thing, I was always able to tell when leaks were fake by them containing the phrase "an unique." That came up obnoxiously often.

"An ooneek."

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I did something similar but by that time I realized that making fan creations was dumb because you could never really do anything so I created my OWN monster collection series game
finding ways to be creative is never dumb...even if it is just a fan creation...that's about the same as saying making fanart is dumb despite the fact you're doing out of love and fandom for the series that you're creating for, even though it's something you can (or at least should) never use or sell at any point (unless on the off chance you're actually commissioned by the company that owns said series)...that shouldn't be the point of making any sort of fan art to begin with...

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The one I created actually has a little bit of a story behind it. I didn't create it just because I wanted to create my own Pokemon, and the idea wasn't just something I thought up all my own.

If I could actually draw to save my life I would even consider re-drawing it. But I can't. :lol:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
finding ways to be creative is never dumb...even if it is just a fan creation...that's about the same as saying making fanart is dumb despite the fact you're doing out of love and fandom for the series that you're creating for, even though it's something you can (or at least should) never use or sell at any point (unless on the off chance you're actually commissioned by the company that owns said series)...that shouldn't be the point of making any sort of fan art to begin with...
It's like making your own metroid game or something

You could never do anything with it

The person that made Super Mario Crossover learned that lesson

Better to make your own unique stories and ideas

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Here's the story behind my old drawing just for the heck of it:

Several years ago, my aunt injured her foot after dropping (and breaking) a cake platter on it. She was only able to walk with a cane for a while after that.

I was only recently getting into Pokemon at the time (it was mostly just the anime, though) and started doing a few drawings of Pokemon with crayons. My aunt asked me if I could create and draw a Pokemon for her, and one to utilize a cane theme since she was then stuck walking with one. I was happy to do that for her and I ended up drawing this short, monkey-like creature. It was mostly pink in color, it had a blue belly and featureless blue feet, a long tail, a head covered in numerous large spikes and it carried a cane as a weapon, with an identical color to that of it's main body color. Later on, I ended up drawing it a few more times and did a thing similar to Nidoran, with a very obvious color-difference depending on the gender.

Now, can you guess what me and my aunt went with for it's name? We decided to call the little thing "Canechu". :teeth:.

Uncreative as the name was, it was just a fun and kind little gesture for a little kid to make to his aunt, who was in some pain and was physically impaired. The memory of the drawing somehow vanished from my head for years until today, though.

As for wherever the drawing is right now, I have no idea. I keep most of my old crayola drawings in bins around the house out of sentimental value, including my room. It's probably among them somewhere....

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Here's the story behind my old drawing just for the heck of it:

Several years ago, my aunt injured her foot after dropping (and breaking) a cake platter on it. She was only able to walk with a cane for a while after that.

I was only recently getting into Pokemon at the time (it was mostly just the anime, though) and started doing a few drawings of Pokemon with crayons. My aunt asked me if I could create and draw a Pokemon for her, and one to utilize a cane theme since she was then stuck walking with one. I was happy to do that for her and I ended up drawing this short, monkey-like creature. It was mostly pink in color, it had a blue belly and featureless blue feet, a long tail, a head covered in numerous large spikes and it carried a cane as a weapon, with an identical color to that of it's main body color. Later on, I ended up drawing it a few more times and did a thing similar to Nidoran, with a very obvious color-difference depending on the gender.

Now, can you guess what me and my aunt went with for it's name? We decided to call the little thing "Canechu". :teeth:.

Uncreative as the name was, it was just a fun and kind little gesture for a little kid to make to his aunt, who was in some pain and was physically impaired. The memory of the drawing somehow vanished from my head for years until today, though.

As for wherever the drawing is right now, I have no idea. I keep most of my old crayola drawings in bins around the house out of sentimental value, including my room. It's probably among them somewhere....
There is some show where they parodied pokemon by just adding "chu" to the end of random things.

Would have been more accurate if they added "mon" and parodied digimon like that.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hmm. I feel like I'm the only person who is personally totally against fan project games/mods that make unauthorized usage of a company's IP, regardless of quality or good intentions. It just makes me uncomfortable for some reason. (Not criticizing anyone who does support these projects, it's just a personal preference that I don't support them unless the company has provided the toolkit to do so or encouraged it).
Here's the thing: It's only wrong if they are asking money for the fangame, otherwise, it's like making fanart. Not to mention a world without Sonic Hacking Contest would be terrible

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's like making your own metroid game or something

You could never do anything with it

The person that made Super Mario Crossover learned that lesson

Better to make your own unique stories and ideas
People make rom-hacks and fan-games all the time...Especially for games like Pokemon, more often than not they are available for free online (which I should hope so)...once again people use this as a creative outlet...not to mention for upcoming game designers it's great practice...

As an artist myself I can tell you that a lot of what I draw and paint I have no intention of using or selling in any manner (mainly because I don't think it's good enough) but the point isn't to just sell what you create...Ask any professional chef that puts their heart and soul into any meal they make which gets eaten within minutes of completion...sure they are selling it and making a living off of doing this, but they're not in it for the money or the fame...they are passionate about what they do...

I'm not trying to convince you that either fan creations or original creations are better than the other...heck I'm always in the process of doing my own personal projects...but to say that one is pointless simply because you can't do anything with it is actually kind of insulting to those who actually spend the time to do this...most of the time they are doing these because they enjoy doing it and they love the original source material...I myself sometimes do my own redesigns of certain characters because it's fun, it's good practice, and I love the subject matter...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom