• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Wait, what.
His account was terminated? This is why I absolutely hate IP laws sometimes.
Just a little note.
The Zelda 30 Year Tribute that was a 3D browser game of the original Legend of Zelda was pulled from its site due to a copyright claim from Nintendo today.
...seems like this is Nintendo's copyright claim day...?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just a little note.
The Zelda 30 Year Tribute that was a 3D browser game of the original Legend of Zelda was pulled from its site due to a copyright claim from Nintendo today.
Yeah, I saw that too. Was miffed by it.

Between this and region locking Miitomo, thy haven't really done much to make me want to support them. :ohwell:

:231:

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just a little note.
I don't think they're the same thing.

That browser game was pretty much the entire game. Nintendo had the right.

YouTube, however, has a HISTORY of false/wrong copyright strikes, most of which the true owners of the content themselves never took action in the first place.

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Just a little note.
Considering there seems to be a pretty big problem with Nintendo in particular, would it be of any help of a bunch of people arranged to Tweet and/or email them complaints about their conduct with copyright material?

*EDIT* Just checked another thread, and apparently this is the reason behind the GiIvaSunner thing.

Apparently it was for "Misleading Content."

Although the videos could probably be confusing for someone who was trying to find the original, I still feel that it's bullcrap because GiIvasunner was never meant to be a malicious prank channel, it just wanted to get laughs out of people.

But yeah, by this logic, why aren't all those fakeout screamer videos obliterated by now?
How thin skinned can people get? I think we all got the joke after the first day.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I ain't saying it ain't wrong but when they make fan games on a browser and say it's for the 30th Anniversary of an IP they don't own, just to know, **** like this will happen

I just hated it when people don't prepare for these situations and then act like it's company's fault for protecting their IPs. I can understand hacks or fan games but those things tote on a very thin line especially when it can effect sales of various games.

Be lucky Nintendo has no plays for a Metroid 2 remake so AMR2 survived

Nintendo isn't fair for doing those things but they aren't in the wrong. Their YT issue is however a different beast and that's due to just people not understanding that just don't monetize your **** and you'll do fine

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I ain't saying it ain't wrong but when they make fan games on a browser and say it's for the 30th Anniversary of an IP they don't own, just to know, **** like this will happen

I just hated it when people don't prepare for these situations and then act like it's company's fault for protecting their IPs. I can understand hacks or fan games but those things tote on a very thin line especially when it can effect sales of various games.

Be lucky Nintendo has no plays for a Metroid 2 remake so AMR2 survived

Nintendo isn't fair for doing those things but they aren't in the wrong. Their YT issue is however a different beast and that's due to just people not understanding that just don't monetize your **** and you'll do fine
They're going after the wrong people.

The net result is that people who make these awesome tributes (the people with good intentions) suffer because of copyright laws, while ROM sites (the ones with actually bad intentions) do business as usual. They're essentially punishing the people who care about them the most, because they are the only ones Nintendo can actually get their hands on.

That doesn't seem right to me.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Found this on the topic of gilvasuunner:

It's both funny and sad at how ironic this is.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I've got the Friends theme song stuck in my head.

The worst part is, I don't know most of the words, so "I'll be there for you!" just keeps playing hundreds of times.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
Considering there seems to be a pretty big problem with Nintendo in particular, would it be of any help of a bunch of people arranged to Tweet and/or email them complaints about their conduct with copyright material?

*EDIT* Just checked another thread, and apparently this is the reason behind the GiIvaSunner thing.
Well, I mean, GiIva just responded to my tweet on the whole matter (cursing out copyright claims and such) and he said it was because he apparently violated the Terms of Service.
Either it was because he posted "misleading videos" (yeah, tell that to the rickrollers--I'm guilty of that) or because he impersonated the original Gilva...who's either the same person, or entirely okay with the impersonation anyways.

Entirely unfair. Thankfully, GiIva isn't planning to give in, as he's appealing to YouTube. I give him all the credit and support.
#HighQualityVideoGameRIP ...not?

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Well, I mean, GiIva just responded to my tweet on the whole matter (cursing out copyright claims and such) and he said it was because he apparently violated the Terms of Service.
Either it was because he posted "misleading videos" (yeah, tell that to the rickrollers--I'm guilty of that) or because he impersonated the original Gilva...who's either the same person, or entirely okay with the impersonation anyways.

Entirely unfair. Thankfully, GiIva isn't planning to give in, as he's appealing to YouTube. I give him all the credit and support.
Yeah, I think it's two different guys, but the original Gilva that was being impersonated didn't mind at all, commented positively on one of GRANDGiIva's videos, and even made an April Fool's video mimicking GRANDGiIva.

Let's hope we see GRAND DAD again soon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

He's not going down without a fight. Or rather, he's not going down, period.

#HighQualityVideoGameRIP will rise. :4miibrawl:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Found this on the topic of gilvasuunner:

It's both funny and sad at how ironic this is.

He's not going down without a fight. Or rather, he's not going down, period.

#HighQualityVideoGameRIP will rise. :4miibrawl:

Gonna download each and everyone of them once they resurface.
Long life the Fleenstones.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The situation with the Zelda tribute is dumb.

In it's current state, it was just a demo (my bad on how I thought it was the full game yesterday).

And honestly, the game is 30 years old for christ's sake. What money are they making off of it? Most people who purchase any sort of copy of Zelda 1 in this day and age are purchasing physical copies on eBay for collection purposes, money that doesn't go to Nintendo. Nobody buys Nintendo's overpriced Virtual Console ports unless it's for a more obscure game. When it's for these big legacy games like Zelda, most people just get a ROM for that. Which Nintendo would have more results in targeting.

SEGA saw Taxman and Stealth, Sonic Retro forum members, do something similar to that Zelda tribute, with Sonic CD. And you know what they did? They hired them to make an official remaster of the game which then led to the Sonic 1 & 2 remastered as well.

Nintendo should really do stuff like that themselves. Because regardless of what one might think of the Nintendo fan base socially, they have got a ton of talent.

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
As much as I agree that Gen 5's starters were the weakest...

:4bowser:vs.:4ganondorf: is live...
I knew Ganon would win, but that was some finish literally getting eaten then destroying Bowser from inside...:p

I'm just glad there was no BS like in Peach vs. Zelda...

And Ratchet & Clank are next...probably going to fight Jak & Daxter or something
No mention of the fact that Bowser could teleport?

You have failed me Death Battle crew.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I don't know if they are the same person, but I do know that the original GilvaSunner is totally cool with it.

He posted on one of gilva's bigger videos, about how perfect his "high quality rips" were, and that seemed to bring the original Gilva back again after being C and D'd which is why he left youtube. Furthering his approval, is the April's Fools Day video he did:

This seems to make gilva be ok with everything.

D

Deleted member

The situation with the Zelda tribute is dumb.

In it's current state, it was just a demo (my bad on how I thought it was the full game yesterday).

And honestly, the game is 30 years old for christ's sake. What money are they making off of it? Most people who purchase any sort of copy of Zelda 1 in this day and age are purchasing physical copies on eBay for collection purposes, money that doesn't go to Nintendo. Nobody buys Nintendo's overpriced Virtual Console ports unless it's for a more obscure game. When it's for these big legacy games like Zelda, most people just get a ROM for that. Which Nintendo would have more results in targeting.

SEGA saw Taxman and Stealth, Sonic Retro forum members, do something similar to that Zelda tribute, with Sonic CD. And you know what they did? They hired them to make an official remaster of the game which then led to the Sonic 1 & 2 remastered as well.

Nintendo should really do stuff like that themselves. Because regardless of what one might think of the Nintendo fan base socially, they have got a ton of talent.
The only bad things about those Sonic ports is that they are mobile only.

I wish those versions were the ones released on the 3DS''s Eshop instead of just lazy ports.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I don't know if they are the same person, but I do know that the original GilvaSunner is totally cool with it.

He posted on one of gilva's bigger videos, about how perfect his "high quality rips" were, and that seemed to bring the original Gilva back again after being C and D'd which is why he left youtube. Furthering his approval, is the April's Fools Day video he did:

This seems to make gilva be ok with everything.
Oh, he's acknowledged the channel and was okay with it.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
The only bad things about those Sonic ports is that they are mobile only.

I wish those versions were the ones released on the 3DS''s Eshop instead of just lazy ports.
The M2 Sonic ports for 3DS are far from lazy. The work that went into them to make the 3D work is pretty amazing. They are just purely focused on the aesthetic enhancement.

As for the mobile ports, just get Bluestacks. It's an Android emulator for PC. However, you can access the Google Play Store through it and link your account to get games on it through legal means.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still don't get what everyone liked about GiIvaSunner
Yeah, mashups are cool... I guess... and then you throw memes on them... and I guess that's also cool
I dunno, I just don't see what's so fun about it

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Yeah, mashups are cool... I guess... and then you throw memes on them... and I guess that's also cool
GiIvaSunner is like a box of chocolates.

You never know what you're gonna get.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh, he's acknowledged the channel and was okay with it.

I didn't know this! Thanks for the link! I didn't know the real Gilva had twitter.

What people liked was the mystery of what was being mashed up.

People liked the flitstones and grandad ones because they were related to vinesauce and found clever.

But they liked the other surprise one, or the times when it did super good remixes like his I am octavio beta mix.

a lot of the tracks are really fun to most people. The creative use of memes gave some tracks new love, that people enjoyed as they enjoyed those memes to begin with, but when put with games or scenes memorable to fans, they liked listening to them.

The channel was pretty clever and fun/popular to most, which is why it grew so big.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This is one of those jokes that is either utterly confusing for you or completely hilarious. There is no in between.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
There was a certain charm to accessing each new video and getting a different song in each mash up with a hint of good ol' Fred Flintstone. Plus the mash ups (High Quality Rips) were done really well.
For instance one song that was on the channel was used in a vine sauce repaint video. (I don't think it's the exact same version but it's close enough)
The song and video here are down right hilarious and had me in stiches throughout.
I definitely recommend giving this video a full watch.

D

Deleted member

Im not exactly a fan of his videos, since they can be pretty hit and miss for me.......

..................but the reason of his channel's removal is what gets me. It just further cements how fundamentally broken Youtube's system is. (not like i needed to say this, since it's been and ongoing problem that has just reached it's peak during these last months)

This is one of those jokes that is either utterly confusing for you or completely hilarious. There is no in between.

D

Deleted member

image.jpeg

Uuugggh, great, fantastic.... Right when I thought things were finally calming down for me.

Edit: Nevermind, it went out of it after 20 minutes, unlike when this happened to my last one...

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sometimes I like watching Zelda theories on Youtube...man there is still so much we don't know about from the actual games...We need more Sheikah in the Zelda games (Zelda Wii U is promising though) as well as more of the Twili...

Another thing I saw that was interesting while watching a video about the Timeline of the Zoras/Rito, is the possibility of a theory regarding the possibility of another hero that was awakened sometime in the Adult timeline between OoT and WW, most likely sometime after the great flood...

That could make for another interesting possibility for a game during the Adult timeline...The events that happened sometime before Wind Waker, and likely sometime between Phantom Hourgalss and Spirit tracks where Link and Tetra settle on a new land founding what is to become New Hyrule...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

In other news, nintendo may regret their decision of hosting this FE contest. the finalists are camila and Ryoma. The above is a small taste of how entertaining the comment section is lol.

Oh and camila wins best FE Fates character. Which makes sense, and isn't to surprising.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
There was a certain charm to accessing each new video and getting a different song in each mash up with a hint of good ol' Fred Flintstone. Plus the mash ups (High Quality Rips) were done really well.
For instance one song that was on the channel was used in a vine sauce repaint video. (I don't think it's the exact same version but it's close enough)
The song and video here are down right hilarious and had me in stiches throughout.
I definitely recommend giving this video a full watch.
This was amazing when I first saw it a few weeks ago. Its still amazing today.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
How should I put it...

A lot of his mashups were just fantastic. A Pokémon DP song, with bits from seven other songs, a Mother 3 song with Undertale and Touhou mixed in and many others.

And of course, the Flintstones theme. He somehow managed to make it work with every song. If you didn't know the actual song, you wouldn't be able to tell that it's a mashup. They fit in so naturally.

Sure, his channel was meme-incarnate, but it was extremely creative at the same time. Rendering the Flintstones theme in that many soundfonts and adding it to songs takes time and effort.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
I'm now convinced it was the miss leading titles that was the cause.
Which is really something when it's a common thing on YouTube as a whole.
Oh and while I remember.
Happy one year of being back in Smash Lucas :p

D

Deleted member

In other news, nintendo may regret their decision of hosting this FE contest. the finalists are camila and Ryoma. The above is a small taste of how entertaining the comment section is lol.

Oh and camila wins best FE Fates character. Which makes sense, and isn't to surprising.
Why is the character selction so arbitrary? Like, why are there only two of each side and gen and the Hoshido kids are Rhajat and Selkie? Why is Shigure on the Nohr side? WHERE IS LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Why is the character selction so arbitrary? Like, why are there only two of each side and gen and the Hoshido kids are Rhajat and Selkie? Why is Shigure on the Nohr side? WHERE IS LITERALLY EVERYONE ELSE?
The character's chosen were based on tweets. They asked people to name their favorite FE character. the ones with the most support were put on the poll, and then they had people vote between 2 a round, and eventually it came down to Camila and Ryouma.
Although:
They were removed when the poll was localized :troll:
This could have easily played into the limiting and decisions of tweets
:p

D

Deleted member

Metroid Other M on Wii U...LOL...

IT SOLD LIKE CRAP NINTENDO! I mean, why of all games you could put, you put that one? I'm dying.

It's even 13 bucks Brand New on Amazon. A NINTENDO GAME OF ALL THINGS!

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Metroid Other M on Wii U...LOL...

IT SOLD LIKE CRAP NINTENDO! I mean, why of all games you could put, you put that one? I'm dying.

It's even 13 bucks Brand New on Amazon. A NINTENDO GAME OF ALL THINGS!

Years ago my Best Buy sold Other M (and Sin & Punishment 2) for $5 each (which I bought both). I had Other M before my original copy (along with a number of my other games) got stolen.

Gameplay wise, I really enjoyed said game.

It's the story I can't defend though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So random question, but has anyone datamined Pokken tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom