• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Nintendo of Europe recently put out a detailed list of what kind of content was in the DLC.

The four packs are named as:

-Wind Waker Master Quest Pack
-Link's Awakening Pack
-Phantom Hourglass & Spirit Tracks Pack
-Link Between Worlds Pack

These packs will be available on Wii U too.

All of them contain Adventure Mode Maps, and My Fairy costumes (both only on 3DS). However, characters and weapons will be on both versions.

Link's Awakening Pack has one character, obviously that's Marin.
PH & ST has one character, and a weapon for Toon Link.
ALLBW Pack has two characters, and a weapon for Linkle.
Ah, gotcha. Must've missed the announcement of this. In that case yeah, Marin was pretty obvious for a Link's Awakening character. I'm actually really happy I missed this news, since I was blindsided by Marin hype. :laugh:

Predicting Linebeck and someone out of Yuga, Hilda, or Ravio.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
*secretly wishes there was a hidden Layton reference in there*

Nice, I guess I'll try the game out once it's fully launched here.

Isn't the ALbW pack getting two characters?
Is it? I actually missed how many characters we're getting from each pack...but if we are getting two then I guess Yuga'd be the second choice...

Hilda could be a possibility as well though...I know some people could argue Zelda has an alt for Hilda, but Lana has a Skull Kid alt as well...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Is it? I actually missed how many characters we're getting from each pack...but if we are getting two then I guess Yuga'd be the second choice...

Hilda could be a possibility as well though...I know some people could argue Zelda has an alt for Hilda, but Lana has a Skull Kid alt as well...
http://segmentnext.com/2016/03/18/hyrule-warriors-legends-dlc-packs-outlined-nintendo/

Yeah, A Link Between Worlds pack will be getting two new playable characters. It should also be on the official website.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
To this day, I can't understand why Sukapon was an item and what copyright issues prevented it....
Apparently you could ride on it?

According to some Japanese blogs (so treat this with a grain of salt), Nintendo lost original contract for some time. Not sure if it's true but Sakurai did say grown up issues preventing Sukapon from getting in.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
so i contacted youtube to fix the Youtube Gaming label for the Zeno Blade Chronicle X videos to display the right name, and here's the successful results

WAH3.png

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wait I'm just realizing I likely missed something while I was away...

...Was a slew of Hyrule Warriors DLC announced or something? Marin's announcement is the first I've heard of this.
As stated, they outlined all the DLC. One was in the direct (medli),and then marin now. I wonder if the next one will be in a direct to?

were going to get the hilda that appeared in tingles rosy rupee land

at first you thought i was joking about that
But the Lore is deeper than you realize i mean just look at the original linkle
I'd be ok with this. Honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a costume of her like this.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still want to see Saria and Groose in the game as well.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I still want to see Saria and Groose in the game as well.
that will come in hyrule warriors Xtream legends on NX along side a new adventure map hena malo and nabooru, a new weapon for sheik and another 20$ season pass with a Bryne costume for impa said season pass consisting of
4 new adventure maps 4 new characters 2 new weapons for impa and young link and about 100 new my fairy costumes

that fact that i made that up on the spot is almost as scary as the fact that you would buy it in a heart beat isnt it?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
that will come in hyrule warriors Xtream legends on NX along side a new adventure map hena malo and nabooru, a new weapon for sheik and another 20$ season pass with a Bryne costume for impa said season pass consisting of
4 new adventure maps 4 new characters 2 new weapons for impa and young link and about 100 new my fairy costumes

that fact that i made that up on the spot is almost as scary as the fact that you would buy it in a heart beat isnt it?
If there was a HW on the NX with all the content included that you mentioned and all the content currently included with the DLC added in then I would totally buy that game. I've been lukewarm on buying HW but i'm warming up as of late.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I'm very ecstatic to see this, Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game and one that I still enjoy to this day, so the fact that after years it's finally getting some love with this pack brings back a lot of pleasant nostalgic memories for me. Same with seeing Marin as while she didn't have much to her character (by today's standards), she was fun to talk to as an NPC and she looks really good in the artwork. I look forward to seeing what they pull off with her since there's some elements that they can draw from in the games (the instruments, Wind Fish, etc.) that would make for an unique moveset.

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
That fact that we're getting any Link's Awakening stuff in Hyrule Warriors makes me happy. That game was great. Marin's design looks pretty cool too. I'm a fan of the "weird" Zeldas (Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, Spirit Tracks), so I'm glad to see them get representation in HW.

Here's hoping that the new weapon for Toon Link in the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks pack is something from Spirit Tracks. I don't really know how it would work, but I kind of want it to be the Spirit Train, if only because of how ridiculous that would be. That's probably not too likely, haha. I could definitely see the train making a cameo somewhere in Toon Link's new moveset though.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm very ecstatic to see this, Link's Awakening was my first Zelda game and one that I still enjoy to this day, so the fact that after years it's finally getting some love with this pack brings back a lot of pleasant nostalgic memories for me. Same with seeing Marin as while she didn't have much to her character (by today's standards), she was fun to talk to as an NPC and she looks really good in the artwork. I look forward to seeing what they pull off with her since there's some elements that they can draw from in the games (the instruments, Wind Fish, etc.) that would make for an unique moveset.
Pretty much what I think too. Link's Awakening DX was my first Zelda too. And Marin was always a cutie and a fun character. There's a lot to pull from the game.

That fact that we're getting any Link's Awakening stuff in Hyrule Warriors makes me happy. That game was great. Marin's design looks pretty cool too. I'm a fan of the "weird" Zeldas (Link's Awakening, Majora's Mask, Spirit Tracks), so I'm glad to see them get representation in HW.

Here's hoping that the new weapon for Toon Link in the Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks pack is something from Spirit Tracks. I don't really know how it would work, but I kind of want it to be the Spirit Train, if only because of how ridiculous that would be. That's probably not too likely, haha. I could definitely see the train making a cameo somewhere in Toon Link's new moveset though.
One of Link's weapons is the Great Fairy putting him in a giant bottle, with you playing as the Great Fairy, who is a giant.

Lana has the Summoning Gate, which lets her summon bosses.

Honestly, the Spirit Train seems pretty tame in comparison to those. :p

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

now that im thinking on it the adventure maps for the season pass are
ocarina of time master quest- my fairy costumes, malon costume for marin
minish cap- vati, cane of pacci for young link, Ezlo cap costume for toon link
skyward sword- beedle, bug net for agitha, Demise costume for ganondorf
oracle of seasons/ages- Onox, Veran

because i think far too much

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Very nice to see Marin finally returning to the spotlight after 20+ years.

I'm hoping Marin gets alternate costumes based on Malon, Cremia, and Aryll.

I also think Linebeck and Ravio will be playable... maybe Yuga too.

I kinda wish we got a new Koholint Island level.

Last edited:

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Sukapon was a planned item in Melee that didn't make it in due to copyright issues.
Late reply but: I'm aware he was planned as an item, but i don't think i knew ( or at least remembered ) he was scrapped due to copyright issuses. I used to browse a lot of those sites that tried to translate Sakurai's interviews and also checked out a lot of articles from your site back in 2015 ( And still do sometimes now ).
Also what's the exact copyright issues there were with him back in Melee?

Last edited:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Honestly, what is with the Lucario hate?

I've seen it among people who don't play Pokemon anymore and I don't know why?

How about a real conversation I had with someone.

"Let's be honest, who really likes Lucario?

"Most people."
If it was Pokken Lucario I would like him 10 times more. Plus the Aura mechanic just needs to go.
All of the Pokemon characters in Smash that are in Pokken are 10 times cooler than their Smash incarnations.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If it was Pokken Lucario I would like him 10 times more. Plus the Aura mechanic just needs to go.
All of the Pokemon characters in Smash that are in Pokken are 10 times cooler than their Smash incarnations.
It's really just something that can't be helped due to the nature of Smash. Outside of Final Smashes, characters can't have crazy flashy amazing moves most of the time because it's very disrupting in a platforming-ish kind of game like Smash. Stuff like AoE and range have to be carefully considered, meaning most moves are going to have to be more 'boring' in order to mantain a consistent feel to battles/characters.

A majority of the Pokken moves wouldn't make very seemless transitions to Smash, and vise versa.

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Personally, I think Lucario has a really bad design. It's like Blaziken, something that the developers thought kids would think would be cool, but in reality it's just a bad Digimon ripoff monster.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
It's really just something that can't be helped due to the nature of Smash. Outside of Final Smashes, characters can't have crazy flashy amazing moves most of the time because it's very disrupting in a platforming-ish kind of game like Smash. Stuff like AoE and range have to be carefully considered, meaning most moves are going to have to be more 'boring' in order to mantain a consistent feel to battles/characters.

A majority of the Pokken moves wouldn't make very seemless transitions to Smash, and vise versa.
A lot of standard attacks in Pokken along with moves like Bone Rush, Seismic Toss, Nuzzle would be pretty seamless in Smash. Hell, even something like Hyper Beam wouldn't be all that absurd.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It was in the context of actual Pokemon games.

Personally, I think Lucario has a really bad design. It's like Blaziken, something that the developers thought kids would think would be cool, but in reality it's just a bad Digimon ripoff monster.
Well, I think you're the first person I've met that dislikes both Lucario and Blaziken.

I like them both and see why their popular. :p

Ah well. Opinions and junk.

I beat Rhythm Heaven Fever. What a charming game.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Late reply but: I'm aware he was planned as an item, but i don't think i knew ( or at least remembered ) he was scrapped due to copyright issuses. I used to browse a lot of those sites that tried to translate Sakurai's interviews and also checked out a lot of articles from your site back in 2015 ( And still do sometimes now ).
Also what's the exact copyright issues there were with him back in Melee?
http://sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/#[Melee]

Info is there! On my way home From Platinum Games. I'll try to write something up for SG, but don't expect anything ground breaking!

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Marin is ok. Linebeck or gtfo
The fix that you knew that would come.

RE: Lucario's design and Pokkén
Lucario's Smash design should've used Bone Rush's Bone-Jitsu instead of having him attack with generic Dragon Ball Xi Chi stuff
Aura could still be implemented on top of the unique fighting style instead of cranking it up to the point of being an obnoxious gimmick for the sake of having an obnoxious gimmick.

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
http://sourcegaming.info/2015/04/13/the-definitive-unused-fighters-list-in-smash/#[Melee]

Info is there! On my way home From Platinum Games. I'll try to write something up for SG, but don't expect anything ground breaking!
Sounds good, i think i remember reading that part ( I even read the article long ago ) actually. But just because he was planned as an item for Melee doesn't mean he can't be considered as a playable character. After all, i believe AT were planned for Melee and the Ducks from Duck Hunt were going to be one of them. ( according to a source that still needs some more citation ) And even if not i'm sure he could change his mind like he did with Charizard and Little Mac.

Last edited:

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sounds good, i think i remember reading that part ( I even read the article long ago ) actually. But just because he was planned as an item for Melee doesn't mean he can't be considered as a playable character. After all, i believe AT were planned for Melee and the Ducks from Duck Hunt were going to be one of them. ( according to a source that still needs some more citation ) And even if not i'm sure he could change his mind like he did with Charizard and Little Mac.
Sukapon could eventually become a fighter, but I certainly wouldn't expect it anytime soon. I've never ran into anything official stating the ducks were planned as an AT. I have most of the interviews with Sakurai, and own almost all of his columns. I've also read through the entire ballot responses when making the Definitive Unused Fighter List.

ATs were planned for Melee, but it's never been said what characters would be featured in that role, or how far the Assist Capsules got into development.

It's possible that I missed something, but it not being sourced in Japanese (I also cross referenced Japanese Smash sites when making that list) is a major red flag for being just made up.

I felt bad for Kamiya, he had a cold :(

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Point A is veeeeery loosely connected to point B.
Probably should've been more clear on the first part. Aura as it currently is in Smash, should be reworked into something that doesn't rely on you getting your **** kicked in.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
From the HW thread:

Not only Marin is confirmed, but we also have some informations on the Master Quest pack.

http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/zelda-3ds/img/dlc_p1_map03.jpg

I don't read japanese, but the pictures reveal several things, such as Medli who can be an opponent, and she have hearts to get too!

And we also have a preview of some new color swap. And Toon Link's one is awesome.

Hyrule's King color for Link:

Niko colors for Toon Link:

Aryll colors for Lana:

And the Deku tree for Darunia!
I absolutely love these costumes in specific:

Aryll colors for Lana:

And the Deku tree for Darunia!

(am sad that similarly to the "Pokemon in Pokken > how they are in Smash" thing, we don't have stuff this cool for Zelda)

WaddleKing

Smash Ace
NNID
Nassim250
Sukapon could eventually become a fighter, but I certainly wouldn't expect it anytime soon. I've never ran into anything official stating the ducks were planned as an AT. I have most of the interviews with Sakurai, and own almost all of his columns. I've also read through the entire ballot responses when making the Definitive Unused Fighter List.

ATs were planned for Melee, but it's never been said what characters would be featured in that role, or how far the Assist Capsules got into development.

It's possible that I missed something, but it not being sourced in Japanese (I also cross referenced Japanese Smash sites when making that list) is a major red flag for being just made up.

I felt bad for Kamiya, he had a cold :(
I don't have much expectations either but i wanted him to at least be a trophy. Surprise surprise no Sukapon trophy in Smash 4.
I read it on Smashwiki ( Which i know's info isn't 100% correct all the time ) http://www.ssbwiki.com/Assist_Trophy scroll down to the trivia parts.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

I didn't realize how much Linkle was "female link." I mean "no duh" but handing her a sword and shield makes it even more apparent than it already was. Yeesh
Am kind of surprised there isn't a female Link yet based on that picture. I think it'd be pretty cool if Nintendo starting putting twists on old concepts like a lot of entertainment outlets are doing these days.

suddenly marin

i mean ya expected but still cool
Wasn't a big fan of Link's Awakening, but I'm loving that traditional re-imagining of her. Makes Peach, Rosalina, Zelda, and Samus look stale IMO. lol

I like Lucario's design personally, but you do have a point. I remember there being a lot of Blaziken comparisons back when he was a Corocoro silhouette.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
There's no accounting for personal preference, but how exactly are they poorly designed Digimon ripoffs?

And what would you consider to be a properly designed "cool" Pokemon?

And the implication here is that you think that Lucario didn't catch on. Do you feel that Lucario never actually gained a fandom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom