• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
I mean.
Kamiya has said that Bayonetta wins it.
So it'll be like watching Battle of the Gods again.
Knowing damn well who's going to win but just not how the fight goes.
Kamiya LITERALLY said the phrase "No man on earth could beat a woman in a fight" and said Bayo would win because she's a woman. Basically jesting, as it all depends on the power/speed/skill, not the gender.

I'm going Team Dante because I like him a little more as a character and his regen and damage intake are way better than Bayo's defense feats.

EDIT: Trying to find the interview, I may have been misfed info so I want to make sure

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
And here's a size comparison with the SPM sprites of the other main characters.
paper_rosalina_comparison_web.png

Seeing this, I realise I still need to fix one or two more parts in terms of shading (even before the final step).

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ignatius's Paralogue becomes almost impossible once enemies start promoting as he will stay as a Knight
Only got to save him thanks to Replicate Xander and Entrap
The ninjas were annoying so I did this:
Brought Corrin, Ike, Azura, Leo, Xander, Benny, Effie, Keaton, and Camila. And gunther for slight back up support.

Corrin and ike went solo. Benny pairs up with effie, camila with keaton, azura by her self, and leo and xander pair up.

I moved everyone down to the clearing in the right from the start.
First turn Keaton ends up diagonal from the first 3 people targeting ignatius. (Used sing to get him ther
He kills all 3 while the others move in.

Next turn, everyone else move in to attack the main group that comes from the boss. Azura and gunther stay back and move in when it's safe.

All of them being group together kill everyone but two of them, who were ended by keaton.
To beat the main group, I alternated the pairs front hitter, and would heal with potions if need( concoctions mostly).

I was also doing this at the point where I am on Chapter 24 so I was decently leveled, which helped.

Huh. If this is true, then there's another title to potentially add to the NX line-up.

-New 3D Mario
-Pikmin 4
-The Legend of Zelda Wii U on NX
-Final Fantasy XV
-New Call of Duty
-Super Smash Bros for NX
-New IP from Retro Studios
-Luigi's Mansion 3

If these are truly the titles launching alongside the NX, then Nintendo has already won E3.
This would be an amazing lineup. I could also see a few other surprises. I think for the most part these all will happen within the first few months, if not at launch.

Where did you get the Call of Duty Idea from?

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
FOUND IT.

Hideki Kamiya Answers Your Questions Ep. 1

He didn't want to give a straight answer so he saved face with a joking response by virtue that Bayo is a lady.

Today's reminder that Word of God is Bull**** unless backed up by feats.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
FOUND IT.

Hideki Kamiya Answers Your Questions Ep. 1

He didn't want to give a straight answer so he saved face with a joking response by virtue that Bayo is a lady.

Today's reminder that Word of God is Bull**** unless backed up by feats.
And I was just being hypothetical when I was talking about this. Didn't think Kamiya's answer would come down to a trivial joke the fandom takes too seriously.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
And I was just being hypothetical when I was talking about this. Didn't think Kamiya's answer would come down to a trivial joke the fandom takes too seriously.
Most people wouldn't assume that but let's be honest companies don't usually care which one of their characters is getting respect in the Who Would Win community unless it's Goku and Superman.

Even then, they don't really.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And here's a size comparison with the SPM sprites of the other main characters.
View attachment 100196

Seeing this, I realise I still need to fix one or two more parts in terms of shading (even before the final step).
This looks good! I feel like they eye should be touched up a bit, it seems a bit unfitting for the PM universe.
It looks like she's almost emotionless.

The sprite as a whole is really well done though!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
This looks good! I feel like they eye should be touched up a bit, it seems a bit unfitting for the PM universe.
It looks like she's almost emotionless.

The sprite as a whole is really well done though!
Well her eye isn't finished yet, I'm going to add a cosmic/sparkly effect to it.

She looks a bit emotionless since that's her default expression (which usually looks very monotone in Rosalia's case), akin to this:

I'm going to have more expressions for animation of course. I need the base sprite to be fairly neutral though since it needs to be tweened.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I just beat tphd :)

And I actually am ready to review it now so will do so :)

@Kenith and @HyperIrene , might as well read this because.....well I know kenith loves tp and I have been talking with irene a lot about it :)

So, given this game was long (50 hours to almost 100% it) and how.....a lot happens, I will do my review a bit different. Instead of sequentially telling everything, I will do section of parts that happens so it might be messed up, but I will try my best to make it as logical flowing as possible.

My context before I played the game

I will admit I was not totally blind. I saw some parts of the game as I was curious in speedruns and of course heard from other people because it was from what i could tell a really good game. However, the speedruns I was watching skipped a lot of stuff and almost every cs so I was blind in the sense that I knew SOME stuff, but not much about the main thing like the plot and some details that this game did that was a bit unexpected.

In fact, when I was telling my impression, someone thought it was funny how my post felt like I was playing the game on release ten years ago......that should be blind enough lol :)

Stuff I realised before creating the save file

Already, just by reading the manual, this game shaped to be unexpected. 5 pieces of heart for a container? A dungeon warp out mechanic that can be used anywhere? It felt that it was improving on the series (I played every 3d zelda before tp), but in a good way. Like I couldn't really describe these stuff other than saying it was interesting. And.....these turnout to not be much of a change imo, but the game itself had a lot of stuff like these that DID changed a lot.

Actually playing the game

WHY YOU ARE NOT ASLEEP THE FREAK?

.....lol :)

It felt at the beginning......VEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRY slow. I don't mean by this "introducing the player to the gameplay", no, I mean everything felt slow and happy.....and innocent. Honestly, it;s the slowest feeling of starting the game of the series it's like, you know something will happen, but it's so slow you don;t even feel that way. Which referring to my above paragraph...was interesting.

Before i go deeper, let me just talk about the graphics right away because it;s a remake......there has to be something talking about them.

Was it really hd?

So, I knew the artstyle of the game was basically putting as much gradients as possible.....and somehow realisitic looking. Except that when i played brawl.....I hated the artstyle a lot for these reasons. It felt.....too much. So when I was looking at tp I was like......will I really like this? It turns out that brawl did it very differently. Brawl imo did too much gradients like it was overkill. Tp however......I am playing in a 1080p monitor in 1080p......and although I see a freaking lot of details......it didn't felt real. I mean I see a lot of gradient.....but it jsut doesn;t feel real. it;s like the artstyle is complex, but engineered in a way that i can;t qualify it as overkill in realistic. Because the thing about it is I ended up liking the artstyle. So much that I completely forgot there was this much gradient. In fact, thinking about it, I think the TEXTURES were where the realistic were, but not in the models. Like if I would look at the textures, they would feel very complex, but in game.....they are organised in a way that feels simple. Which is interesting because I love complexity inside simplicity, that's the entire reason i love Paper Mario so much. So when I look at the game, it doesn't take long to realise what is going on, but the details in the scenes are quite complex. I feel that tp might be a game that I just might remember its artstyle a lot because it told me that you CAN have complexity in textures, but not necessary overkilling how realistic it looks which nintendo thankfully seems to avoid.

As for how the hd changes.....I have to watch more videos, but when I was looking up video when I was stuck (more on the logistic later), it felt HORRIBLE in comparison. It might be yt being sucking a lot of compressions, but really, it felt a huge changes. I guess I would say it feels more natural. Also, lots of details, loved that :)

Controls

.....tbh, I have nothing to say. Take oot...........

that's literally how all the controls works lol. Like, they added stuff depending on context and such and there is some qte (not that much though) like you can sense and dig as wolf, but take the basic idea.....it;s oot. Which the only thing I have to say about this is.....this is a 3d zelda.....oot was a nice feeling in controls as a 3d zelda......why would you change something that works already?

Seriously, even tww felt oot.

Plot flow

The first moments are just as i described, slow, and just being peaceful.

So after a while, just as I would expect the whole game would be this slow.....

BOOM!

in 2 minutes, EVERYTHING happens. Like, all link's friends gets kidnapped, you get bashed on the head, twilight appears, a beast drag you into it, you turn into a wolf and there's that really weird looking person looking at you and you end up in jail as a wolf with really weird lighting effect......

JUST WHAT THE FREAK?

This is like the most abrupt plot twist in ANY zelda game. like omg, it felt so sudden (the fact I was using a 1080p monitor just.....it made everything worse because of how big the screen felt). Like you have no idea how I did NOT see this coming. I knew you would play as a wolf, but that? no.

Which let me just talk about how the plot flows: it's imo the most interesting I have seen in a zelda game. how the plot goes is you get very stable and slow stuff that happens.....before EVERYTHING happens. The plot drop and twist and COMPLETELY random feeling they like come when you least expect it. The one I have in my mind are just before the horse chase, just after the mines dungeon, arriving in the dessert and the most mind blowing one, before entering the palace of twilight. There is a lot of plot drop and to give you an idea, tww had around......2-3 big one. Tp has at least 5, that;s huge. Overall, this result in the game feeling very intense so much that you can;t be freaking sure what will happen other than....something will happen. So piece of advice.......if you HAD to stop play the game, save THAN power off because if you wait until the end of the dungeon.....no, very bad Idea, I did after I was hearing midna lament and I had to wait a whole day to play again :(

Anyway point is, I feel it;s actually the plot that flowed the best to me in a zelda game. MM would go second because I just loved the sequence travel idea as a main plot flow mechanic, but tp is just.....mind blowing every time.

Midna and the plot itself

This is going to be the core part of the review because.....it was something.

I now get why @Kenith like midna as much and tbh.....I get it but it's hard to describe with words. Let me at least try.....

I knew nothing about her, so everything that was exposed was completely unknown to me. All I knew is she was the navi of oot.....and of course, as this is a zelda game, I expected to have a navi or ......fi (I hate fi btw).

But although this is the equivalent in feature, it;s not the same thing at all. Especially the first time she talks to you......I can only describe it by saying.....what is up with her? Like the contrast is real, she DOES break the chain while she clearly had other business to do......but she acts as if she wanted to torture you or something instead of ACTUALLY having a valuable reason to free you......wtf? Now I expected that there was a misunderstanding somewhere and it would be explained soon enough, BUT NO! Turns out this gets dragged on for.....most of the game tbh. Well, it;s more obvious before the fourth dungeon, but from the jail to the fourth dungeon.....the tease is so real.

The ENTIRE effect that midna is doing is you cannot be near without wondering "do I trust her?". So get this, she is your most valuable feature to progress through the game and you clearly need her......but you cannot walk without wondering if you should really be assuming she wants good. AND SHE EVEN TAUNTS YOU! No seriously, she basically taunts.....everyone but mostly on link and zelda. Like, when I wrote my impressions on saying she is savage.....I meant it geez, literally calling people idiots.....

So all in all, she gives the impressions that everything you do is for ONLY her. Which is already unexpected, usually in zelda games, you do stuff clearly because the world needs it or something, that;s your classic zelda plot tbh. This game.....feels that nothing you do matter this much.....however, you know it is because zelda and every spirits of lights tells you that.

But then you just keep asking yourself the question for one thousand dollars......who he freak is midna exactly? Because let;s be logical, there is clearly a reason she broke the chain and there is clearly a reason she talk about some of her life (like zant and such). So objectively, she had to want good but subjectively.....you just wonder and you have to follow her which is the worst part here: as clueless as you are, you HAVE to blindly trust her, it;s like.....you don't have the choice.

The relation with link and midna because of this......gray trust area is why I think this game main plot is the deepest of the series, the plot REVOLVES around that until the very end and it does it so well. And I didn't said MM is less deep, I am saying that the MAIN plot is deeper including the mm one (which was not very deep, but it was what surrounded it that was insane). This is how the game can have so little text and so short moments of plot twist, but with a huge meaning. It even goes down to midna's emotions, you just question them. especially when you see the broken mirror, holy crap she was VERY mad and you can;t really react as much because......you are so clueless.....it's like it's not possible to really understand what she feels. The fact they managed to do this on the freaking permanent guide is imo how the plot got this far. it;s really well engineered to just drag on with anything. Everything she does is questionable....but you are near her the entire time. It's only when the mirror is assembled that EVERYTHING make sense.

And the mind blown was real here. I mean, it didn;t took me long to figure out zant wasn;t normal and something happened to him, but midna took me most of the game. It turns out she actually was neutral from the very beginning because she simply didn;t care about link.....all she cared was restoring her world.....except not being aware of the ganondorf business and only knowing she had to use the light world. Because of that, she simply just had to use link. Which as silly as it sounds is the entire reason she is your guide, she simply didn;t know both link and her actually wanted the same thing without knowing. Midna wanted to bring back the twilight like normal and link of course wants to bring light like normal, except both goal HAS to happen at the same time so this means that both character wanted the exact same thing......without either of them knowing it.....

Then there';s the whole story that she was the actual ruler and not zant, but the point I am trying to make is the idea behind the plot and midna is genius. Both the player and the guide doesn;t even know they want the same thing so you as a player is clueless./.....and you take a very long time to realise that same goes for midna, she was clueless in her own way, but the way the player is clueless, midna isn't.

So to come back to why midna is very likeable.....it;s because of how she changes very subtly. She goes from cursed princess of twlight that needs link to restore her world and ONLY that to actually liking the light world and at the end......I think there was a sign of midna actually liking link. All this being mostly implied and not that explicit. Yes, the plot drop on who she is are explicit, but the changes aren't. it's like the text feels less savage, less rough and just....more friendly overall (I mean, sometime, she even goes near link's shoulder which was quite funny actually). And all of this is gradual I mean, when she got cursed the second time and she sees zelda, she is even assuming zelda wanted harm and suggest link to both leave her and stop zelda while zelda was healing her. After the healing however, this is when you notice a lot of changes from her. Again, this sin;t explicit, it';s just it feels that way. To make this even more obvious, she is almost sympathising with link, I mean.....that part when she wonder if the king bokoblins spoke.....that was quite funny :)

So yeah, I think the main plot alone is what makes this game so good. it's like, begging you to play to know more and it goes for the entire game, i love this. like i said, for a zelda game, it;s interesting.

Wolf mechanic

I quite liked them. The only thing I question is the difference between pressing a and b. The only good use i found for b is breaking window (I don't get why a doesn;t work). For attacking enemies it takes forever unless you spam a.....I don;t get it tbh.

But the scent, the sense and dig, i really liked them, especially in twilight world where.....well I might jsut talk abotu them now because it would be logical.

Twilight sections

The reason imo the twilight maps feels very good is because they take place before the light version and the search for the tears changes how you perceive exploration. In fact, I realised I put so much attention to check EVERYTHING in twilight that when I got to the light version, it felt so familiar. i loved that feeling so much that i actually was disappointed there was only 3 sections. idk, but I would have wanted more it feels so good especially with that music to just have the feeling of being an external observer that tries to solve everything. it feels that way, you just are reacting and observing a fixed world where no one can see you to actually fix it. This is why being in the light world after all of this feels so familiar, you explored so much in twilight, you are fine in light. I really love this and i even wish the zelda games would do this more, it makes everything so much easier afterwards.

however, 2 things I need to point out that was annoying logistic wise. The window in kakariko had very awful hotboxes that even after I looked it up to know you had to break one, it took 10 times. The other thing is how am i supposed to know you had to warp the column of fire to melt the ice? Sure, she tells something hot......but this is not what I had in mind.... however......the logistic of the game tbh is really good, there are minor sins tbh.

Overworld navigation

At least they give you the warp anywhere relatively early because it;s HUGE. I mean in scales, the map are so big, the horse feels a lot more useful all of a sudden. Speaking of that horse....best feeling in all games that had it. Like, the graphics effects, the call.....everything felt so much better. In fact, I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEED the horse battle part, it felt so much intense!

Though, you do need to bomb a lot of roads, you would be using the warp so much that you might forget they exist :)

Link

Little section on this because I feel link feels a lot better. I mean, the item get theme is really good and it feels better, but the link face when you get a dungeon item, piece of hear or 100 -200 ruppees is like.....lol I really liked how they did his face and such. in fact, there's a lot of details like in the zora armor and even if you go in the water, the clothes looks wet for sometime. Also, that face when midna gets on his shoulder :)

Npc

Someone told me the npc faces were bad......they weren't to me at all. I quite enjoyed the npc tbh, I didn;t expected the zoras back and I liked them in oot. What was really good are the goron, I really liked their sumo theme they had :) Overall, i think they are really great npc :)

Dungeons.....finally I will talk about them

I just felt waiting before talking about them lol :)

They are simply put GREAT! (just image a yellow gradient :) ). Even city in the sky which I heard from at least 2 people was bad....to me it was really good. I actually watched some videos nintendo put up about how the dev made the original game and they said something I clearly agree: they made the dungeon so that it feels more open (you can't be more open than city in the sky lol). The reason they did this is to make it feel it was bigger and I actually liked that direction and I actually think the series should follow that. I don;'t know, there's something about this that just feels better.

Let me bring some noticeable stuff about he dungeons because i am not going through all of them, they are all very good, had very interesting puzzles and very well thought logisitc.

Forest: these butts lol :) (yes, this is the only thign I have to say).\

Mines: OMYGAWD MAGNETIC BOOTS! It felt so good, I loved to walk on walls and ceiling :)

Lakebed: this totally blew my mind guys but they finally did an awesome job at a water dungeon. *applauds* , no seriously, they FINALLY got it right like it took this long to get a water dungeon that is really fun to do. The oot one was not this bad....but quite annoying unless you are playing the remake (freaking touch controls) and the mm one was......blergh, tww was cut (lol), but the tp one....really fun to do. The secret is instead of relying on a freaking water level or trying to go into very strong current and TRYING to follow them......you control how the water goes and you use the water to do stuff instead of being used by the water. This is how I would put it, it;s very simple in structure, you jsut activate 2 lever to have water out and you control its current to activate stuff. Please, do the other water dungeons with this in mind, it was awesome :)

Arbiter's ground: it was good, but the only thing I didn't liked is how am I supposed to know you have to rotate the bottom room so that it magically aligns with the hole in the top room to hookshot? had to look it up.

Snowpeak ruins: HOW THESE ARE RUINS IT'S A FREAKING HOUSE! But I really loved that actually, havign a house as a dungeon felt silly. And the item......omg I felt so good when i got it......but then I realised it took so long to throw the ball that it just felt less good :( Especially against these ice thing......they are so quick.....Oh btw, loved the ice puzzle :) Btw, loved its boss music.

Temple of time: LOVE THE MUSIC! Also, I really liked the concept of doing a back and forth through the dungeon, the second time feels very different.

City in the sky: unlike what I heard it didn't felt confusing to me unless you look at the map which doesnt tell much, but it's not like water temple where you have 10 path in one room, it;s quite linear. The one thing I will say is it;s a bit too easy to get a respawn at the beginning, there's a lot of loading time and the music is atrocious. holy crap, give me 30 seconds I don;t like it, give me 3 hours, I hate it. Why put so much obnoxious yelling? hyeheyehyeheyheyeheyheyeheyeh wtf?

palace of twlight: THE HANDS OMG!!! I was wondering where the wall masters were......well they are fun especially with that music omg this music when a wall master is near the ball......it haunts you so hard and everything becomes so nerve racking. The only disappointing thing is i wished they were more present. Btw, very short dungeon.

Hyrule castle: it's your tipical last games moments, it's mostly enemies battles, but it's fun,. btw, that chests rooms lol :)

cave of ordeals: yes I did it, felt very intense and got it on my second try and omg the last floor is cruel......(it's 3 darknut). Btw, I loved the darknut in this game, it actually felt challenging.

Bosses

Two words: too easy. I mean it's like I was playing super paper mario here, it was WAY too easy so much that it felt I was actually speedrunning..... The only one that were challenging were....well I only felt it was ganondorf tbh..... Some has really good music (especially the music that plays where you can hti it), but the difficulty is not impressive. Still much better than seasons where you have to break the crap out of your mind to do them.....

Music

Not my favourite in terms of style tastes, the ost is really good. This is of course excluding the city in the sky music, that one can go somewhere that isn't my ears, but it;s really solid. One thing I will note is the amount of oot remixes....there's a lot of them. Which imo is a good thing, oot had a good ost....but felt a bit lacking. The only reason it;s not my favorite style is the game has complex music, but soem of them are simple for me to love them a lot. My top 3 would be hidden village which I am currently gushing on, midna's lament which seems to be a classic in this game and the snowpeak boss theme. Midna's lament btw, I heard it before and I never got why it was so known, but now I know: it overrides any music and plays where midna......is.....just looking sick and sad and I just pity her :( An interesting thing about one of these nintendo video is that theme is supposed to be a mixed main theme and midna theme and the goal of the music was trying to express the desolation of midna, but it also tells how close both link and midna will be after that part is done. which tbh, it really does that job well and I get why it's a so respected track, even with the rain to add ambience. for hidden village.....it';s just epic, but imo a bit too short. I will be ripping the ost soon for sure, soem tracks were really good enough :)

Sidequests

I really think this game has the best hint system out of any zelda game, finally another series that was smart enough to put the earthbound system. I loved the paper mario one, and the zelda one is similar but unfortunately, it has less features. All you have is main story and heart piece......i wish there woudl be a bit more, but it;s a good start. For those who never played earthbound, you basically pay for the game to give you an hint, but the system is global so wherever part you are in the sequence, it should tell you. In Paper Mario that system was used, except they added stuff like badges and star block locations, felt very fun to 100% because of that. which is the reason I got every heart pieces :)

For the poes, it was THIS close to be fun....but then it's night only, the game has no way to skip night and it takes....8 minutes to switch......god. at least they had a detector and a zone that indicates how many you found, but just why the ngiht only? Also, thanks internet for telling me 3 of them are in the cave of ordeals.....I would have liked to know this before.....

As for the bugs.....well it's fun to hear the ticking sound and rush to it, but without any detector for a MAP, it;s horrible. there is even one that merges perfectly with he grass colors in a huge map......yeah, you had to be lucky there.

As for the bottle.....2 of them are like wtf? How am I supposed to get that one guy is selling a BOTTLE CONTAINING oil while normally, every zelda games shows the bottle, but sells the liquid......urgh. And for the one littered......nothing told me someone did throw it....

Didn;t do much for fish and stamps because no way to make them easier and it's not worth my time.

However, it felt a bit pleasing to almost 100%. Felt clear and precise to do and where. I just don't like when there's a part of luck into it and I know the series revolves on this, but that doesn;t prevent me from not liking it.

Liked the hidden skills, some very useful, some.....I can;t use them because it;s so hard to do like mortal draw (I used it on a turkey though :) ). Especially liked the songs too, I heard song of healing :)

Misc

The text sound feels bland to me, but the white on yellow text WTF? It makes is so annoying to read at least midna is blue on black, fine, but just.....white on yellow as main text is so annoying! The way the text is deep in meaning means you have to be careful to what you read so....urgh.

The hawkeye controls felt awkward.

I once drank a purple chu juice while I didn;t know what it did......it was close :(

Why no post game :(

Overall

I still liked tww more, but this is a really good zelda game that I can summarise by saying it was...interesting. You just don';t expect this to be a zelda game with how it does stuff, but it is one, it really is. i feel it';s the game that broke many conventions in the series that i think were very good idea to do for the need of the game. the plot mainly is how much this game shines and I guess the dungeon, but midna is like the centre of many mind blown.

One thing to note, i noticed a lot of oot inspiration and to keep this in mind, I liked that the game did this considering its intent was to give what people wanted before tww (honestly, idc about this because tww imo is my favorite). It felt more improvements on oot because oot.....had a lot of flaws imo. The idea was what made the game a classic because it's so well done, but clearly had rooms for improvements and I think tp did a lot of the job on that part.

But yeah, really great game :)

Questions for myself

I might have missed a lot of stuff so @Kenith and @HyperIrene , you might help me by answering some questions I had:

I knew it was revealed that the one that teaches the hidden skills is the hero of time, however, that should be link right? pls explain :)

Why midna broke the mirror at the end? I mean, I guess she doesn't want thing to happen again, but she grew to like the light world so......I just questioned that part.

pls explain me what is told exactly in the cutscene where you see link and llia with white eyes and 2 dark link......I sincerely didn;t got a lot of it.

Why the malo mart music? It's so weird!

Took 50 hours to do the game so I guess kenith was underestimating it a bit :)

D

Deleted member

Dante's powers get a lot more crazy than Bayonetta's get. It's definitely in Dante's favor.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Well her eye isn't finished yet, I'm going to add a cosmic/sparkly effect to it.

She looks a bit emotionless since that's her default expression (which usually looks very monotone in Rosalia's case), akin to this:

I'm going to have more expressions for animation of course. I need the base sprite to be fairly neutral though since it needs to be tweened.
....I actually am surprised how good it looked :)

the ONE thing I will say is.....the dress especially the white part......needs a SLIGHT bit of shading so it doesn;t feel rough around the edges.

But it's really good :)

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and then the whole king of fighters 14 roster leak from before we knew the game existed was confirmed

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I actually made my Digital Event predictions yesterday.

Anyone have their early predictions for this year's Digital Event? Here's mine...

3D Mario game (launch title)
Zelda Wii U shown off as well as the announcement of the game being ported to the NX (launch title)
Smash Bros Wii U port for NX (launch title) (whether it's a straight up port or a port with additional content remains to be seen)
Final Fantasy 15 (launch title)
Beyond Good and Evil 2
Pokemon Sun and Moon
Codename N-Stars being shown off here (most likely some Amiibo game)
Golden Sun 4 for the 3DS as a 2017 title (pretty please)
Mother 3 on the Wii U VC
Some Disney crap
Some next game for casual players (i.e. Wii Fit)
More 3rd Party stuff

Keep in mind that I personally believe we'll get a Direct in either April or May that reveals all the details about the NX Hardware while the Digital Event focuses on NX Software.
Just add Pikmin 4, COD 4, and Luigi's Mansion 4 to that list.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Give us some impressions, man after you play with it for like a hour or so.
Will post them when I get more play time with them.

Didn't play much with it yesterday :ohwell:

and then the whole king of fighters 14 roster leak from before we knew the game existed was confirmed
I like the look of the other world team. Leader of the villains team looks sick af, Kim's master's wife looks really young and the dude from the China team looks like someone, but I can't think of who...

Also Alice :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just beat tphd :)

And I actually am ready to review it now so will do so :)

@Kenith and @HyperIrene , might as well read this because.....well I know kenith loves tp and I have been talking with irene a lot about it :)

So, given this game was long (50 hours to almost 100% it) and how.....a lot happens, I will do my review a bit different. Instead of sequentially telling everything, I will do section of parts that happens so it might be messed up, but I will try my best to make it as logical flowing as possible.

My context before I played the game

I will admit I was not totally blind. I saw some parts of the game as I was curious in speedruns and of course heard from other people because it was from what i could tell a really good game. However, the speedruns I was watching skipped a lot of stuff and almost every cs so I was blind in the sense that I knew SOME stuff, but not much about the main thing like the plot and some details that this game did that was a bit unexpected.

In fact, when I was telling my impression, someone thought it was funny how my post felt like I was playing the game on release ten years ago......that should be blind enough lol :)

Stuff I realised before creating the save file

Already, just by reading the manual, this game shaped to be unexpected. 5 pieces of heart for a container? A dungeon warp out mechanic that can be used anywhere? It felt that it was improving on the series (I played every 3d zelda before tp), but in a good way. Like I couldn't really describe these stuff other than saying it was interesting. And.....these turnout to not be much of a change imo, but the game itself had a lot of stuff like these that DID changed a lot.

Actually playing the game

WHY YOU ARE NOT ASLEEP THE FREAK?

.....lol :)

It felt at the beginning......VEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRY slow. I don't mean by this "introducing the player to the gameplay", no, I mean everything felt slow and happy.....and innocent. Honestly, it;s the slowest feeling of starting the game of the series it's like, you know something will happen, but it's so slow you don;t even feel that way. Which referring to my above paragraph...was interesting.

Before i go deeper, let me just talk about the graphics right away because it;s a remake......there has to be something talking about them.

Was it really hd?

So, I knew the artstyle of the game was basically putting as much gradients as possible.....and somehow realisitic looking. Except that when i played brawl.....I hated the artstyle a lot for these reasons. It felt.....too much. So when I was looking at tp I was like......will I really like this? It turns out that brawl did it very differently. Brawl imo did too much gradients like it was overkill. Tp however......I am playing in a 1080p monitor in 1080p......and although I see a freaking lot of details......it didn't felt real. I mean I see a lot of gradient.....but it jsut doesn;t feel real. it;s like the artstyle is complex, but engineered in a way that i can;t qualify it as overkill in realistic. Because the thing about it is I ended up liking the artstyle. So much that I completely forgot there was this much gradient. In fact, thinking about it, I think the TEXTURES were where the realistic were, but not in the models. Like if I would look at the textures, they would feel very complex, but in game.....they are organised in a way that feels simple. Which is interesting because I love complexity inside simplicity, that's the entire reason i love Paper Mario so much. So when I look at the game, it doesn't take long to realise what is going on, but the details in the scenes are quite complex. I feel that tp might be a game that I just might remember its artstyle a lot because it told me that you CAN have complexity in textures, but not necessary overkilling how realistic it looks which nintendo thankfully seems to avoid.

As for how the hd changes.....I have to watch more videos, but when I was looking up video when I was stuck (more on the logistic later), it felt HORRIBLE in comparison. It might be yt being sucking a lot of compressions, but really, it felt a huge changes. I guess I would say it feels more natural. Also, lots of details, loved that :)

Controls

.....tbh, I have nothing to say. Take oot...........

that's literally how all the controls works lol. Like, they added stuff depending on context and such and there is some qte (not that much though) like you can sense and dig as wolf, but take the basic idea.....it;s oot. Which the only thing I have to say about this is.....this is a 3d zelda.....oot was a nice feeling in controls as a 3d zelda......why would you change something that works already?

Seriously, even tww felt oot.

Plot flow

The first moments are just as i described, slow, and just being peaceful.

So after a while, just as I would expect the whole game would be this slow.....

BOOM!

in 2 minutes, EVERYTHING happens. Like, all link's friends gets kidnapped, you get bashed on the head, twilight appears, a beast drag you into it, you turn into a wolf and there's that really weird looking person looking at you and you end up in jail as a wolf with really weird lighting effect......

JUST WHAT THE FREAK?

This is like the most abrupt plot twist in ANY zelda game. like omg, it felt so sudden (the fact I was using a 1080p monitor just.....it made everything worse because of how big the screen felt). Like you have no idea how I did NOT see this coming. I knew you would play as a wolf, but that? no.

Which let me just talk about how the plot flows: it's imo the most interesting I have seen in a zelda game. how the plot goes is you get very stable and slow stuff that happens.....before EVERYTHING happens. The plot drop and twist and COMPLETELY random feeling they like come when you least expect it. The one I have in my mind are just before the horse chase, just after the mines dungeon, arriving in the dessert and the most mind blowing one, before entering the palace of twilight. There is a lot of plot drop and to give you an idea, tww had around......2-3 big one. Tp has at least 5, that;s huge. Overall, this result in the game feeling very intense so much that you can;t be freaking sure what will happen other than....something will happen. So piece of advice.......if you HAD to stop play the game, save THAN power off because if you wait until the end of the dungeon.....no, very bad Idea, I did after I was hearing midna lament and I had to wait a whole day to play again :(

Anyway point is, I feel it;s actually the plot that flowed the best to me in a zelda game. MM would go second because I just loved the sequence travel idea as a main plot flow mechanic, but tp is just.....mind blowing every time.

Midna and the plot itself

This is going to be the core part of the review because.....it was something.

I now get why @Kenith like midna as much and tbh.....I get it but it's hard to describe with words. Let me at least try.....

I knew nothing about her, so everything that was exposed was completely unknown to me. All I knew is she was the navi of oot.....and of course, as this is a zelda game, I expected to have a navi or ......fi (I hate fi btw).

But although this is the equivalent in feature, it;s not the same thing at all. Especially the first time she talks to you......I can only describe it by saying.....what is up with her? Like the contrast is real, she DOES break the chain while she clearly had other business to do......but she acts as if she wanted to torture you or something instead of ACTUALLY having a valuable reason to free you......wtf? Now I expected that there was a misunderstanding somewhere and it would be explained soon enough, BUT NO! Turns out this gets dragged on for.....most of the game tbh. Well, it;s more obvious before the fourth dungeon, but from the jail to the fourth dungeon.....the tease is so real.

The ENTIRE effect that midna is doing is you cannot be near without wondering "do I trust her?". So get this, she is your most valuable feature to progress through the game and you clearly need her......but you cannot walk without wondering if you should really be assuming she wants good. AND SHE EVEN TAUNTS YOU! No seriously, she basically taunts.....everyone but mostly on link and zelda. Like, when I wrote my impressions on saying she is savage.....I meant it geez, literally calling people idiots.....

So all in all, she gives the impressions that everything you do is for ONLY her. Which is already unexpected, usually in zelda games, you do stuff clearly because the world needs it or something, that;s your classic zelda plot tbh. This game.....feels that nothing you do matter this much.....however, you know it is because zelda and every spirits of lights tells you that.

But then you just keep asking yourself the question for one thousand dollars......who he freak is midna exactly? Because let;s be logical, there is clearly a reason she broke the chain and there is clearly a reason she talk about some of her life (like zant and such). So objectively, she had to want good but subjectively.....you just wonder and you have to follow her which is the worst part here: as clueless as you are, you HAVE to blindly trust her, it;s like.....you don't have the choice.

The relation with link and midna because of this......gray trust area is why I think this game main plot is the deepest of the series, the plot REVOLVES around that until the very end and it does it so well. And I didn't said MM is less deep, I am saying that the MAIN plot is deeper including the mm one (which was not very deep, but it was what surrounded it that was insane). This is how the game can have so little text and so short moments of plot twist, but with a huge meaning. It even goes down to midna's emotions, you just question them. especially when you see the broken mirror, holy crap she was VERY mad and you can;t really react as much because......you are so clueless.....it's like it's not possible to really understand what she feels. The fact they managed to do this on the freaking permanent guide is imo how the plot got this far. it;s really well engineered to just drag on with anything. Everything she does is questionable....but you are near her the entire time. It's only when the mirror is assembled that EVERYTHING make sense.

And the mind blown was real here. I mean, it didn;t took me long to figure out zant wasn;t normal and something happened to him, but midna took me most of the game. It turns out she actually was neutral from the very beginning because she simply didn;t care about link.....all she cared was restoring her world.....except not being aware of the ganondorf business and only knowing she had to use the light world. Because of that, she simply just had to use link. Which as silly as it sounds is the entire reason she is your guide, she simply didn;t know both link and her actually wanted the same thing without knowing. Midna wanted to bring back the twilight like normal and link of course wants to bring light like normal, except both goal HAS to happen at the same time so this means that both character wanted the exact same thing......without either of them knowing it.....

Then there';s the whole story that she was the actual ruler and not zant, but the point I am trying to make is the idea behind the plot and midna is genius. Both the player and the guide doesn;t even know they want the same thing so you as a player is clueless./.....and you take a very long time to realise that same goes for midna, she was clueless in her own way, but the way the player is clueless, midna isn't.

So to come back to why midna is very likeable.....it;s because of how she changes very subtly. She goes from cursed princess of twlight that needs link to restore her world and ONLY that to actually liking the light world and at the end......I think there was a sign of midna actually liking link. All this being mostly implied and not that explicit. Yes, the plot drop on who she is are explicit, but the changes aren't. it's like the text feels less savage, less rough and just....more friendly overall (I mean, sometime, she even goes near link's shoulder which was quite funny actually). And all of this is gradual I mean, when she got cursed the second time and she sees zelda, she is even assuming zelda wanted harm and suggest link to both leave her and stop zelda while zelda was healing her. After the healing however, this is when you notice a lot of changes from her. Again, this sin;t explicit, it';s just it feels that way. To make this even more obvious, she is almost sympathising with link, I mean.....that part when she wonder if the king bokoblins spoke.....that was quite funny :)

So yeah, I think the main plot alone is what makes this game so good. it's like, begging you to play to know more and it goes for the entire game, i love this. like i said, for a zelda game, it;s interesting.

Wolf mechanic

I quite liked them. The only thing I question is the difference between pressing a and b. The only good use i found for b is breaking window (I don't get why a doesn;t work). For attacking enemies it takes forever unless you spam a.....I don;t get it tbh.

But the scent, the sense and dig, i really liked them, especially in twilight world where.....well I might jsut talk abotu them now because it would be logical.

Twilight sections

The reason imo the twilight maps feels very good is because they take place before the light version and the search for the tears changes how you perceive exploration. In fact, I realised I put so much attention to check EVERYTHING in twilight that when I got to the light version, it felt so familiar. i loved that feeling so much that i actually was disappointed there was only 3 sections. idk, but I would have wanted more it feels so good especially with that music to just have the feeling of being an external observer that tries to solve everything. it feels that way, you just are reacting and observing a fixed world where no one can see you to actually fix it. This is why being in the light world after all of this feels so familiar, you explored so much in twilight, you are fine in light. I really love this and i even wish the zelda games would do this more, it makes everything so much easier afterwards.

however, 2 things I need to point out that was annoying logistic wise. The window in kakariko had very awful hotboxes that even after I looked it up to know you had to break one, it took 10 times. The other thing is how am i supposed to know you had to warp the column of fire to melt the ice? Sure, she tells something hot......but this is not what I had in mind.... however......the logistic of the game tbh is really good, there are minor sins tbh.

Overworld navigation

At least they give you the warp anywhere relatively early because it;s HUGE. I mean in scales, the map are so big, the horse feels a lot more useful all of a sudden. Speaking of that horse....best feeling in all games that had it. Like, the graphics effects, the call.....everything felt so much better. In fact, I LOOOOOOVVVVVEEED the horse battle part, it felt so much intense!

Though, you do need to bomb a lot of roads, you would be using the warp so much that you might forget they exist :)

Link

Little section on this because I feel link feels a lot better. I mean, the item get theme is really good and it feels better, but the link face when you get a dungeon item, piece of hear or 100 -200 ruppees is like.....lol I really liked how they did his face and such. in fact, there's a lot of details like in the zora armor and even if you go in the water, the clothes looks wet for sometime. Also, that face when midna gets on his shoulder :)

Npc

Someone told me the npc faces were bad......they weren't to me at all. I quite enjoyed the npc tbh, I didn;t expected the zoras back and I liked them in oot. What was really good are the goron, I really liked their sumo theme they had :) Overall, i think they are really great npc :)

Dungeons.....finally I will talk about them

I just felt waiting before talking about them lol :)

They are simply put GREAT! (just image a yellow gradient :) ). Even city in the sky which I heard from at least 2 people was bad....to me it was really good. I actually watched some videos nintendo put up about how the dev made the original game and they said something I clearly agree: they made the dungeon so that it feels more open (you can't be more open than city in the sky lol). The reason they did this is to make it feel it was bigger and I actually liked that direction and I actually think the series should follow that. I don;'t know, there's something about this that just feels better.

Let me bring some noticeable stuff about he dungeons because i am not going through all of them, they are all very good, had very interesting puzzles and very well thought logisitc.

Forest: these butts lol :) (yes, this is the only thign I have to say).\

Mines: OMYGAWD MAGNETIC BOOTS! It felt so good, I loved to walk on walls and ceiling :)

Lakebed: this totally blew my mind guys but they finally did an awesome job at a water dungeon. *applauds* , no seriously, they FINALLY got it right like it took this long to get a water dungeon that is really fun to do. The oot one was not this bad....but quite annoying unless you are playing the remake (freaking touch controls) and the mm one was......blergh, tww was cut (lol), but the tp one....really fun to do. The secret is instead of relying on a freaking water level or trying to go into very strong current and TRYING to follow them......you control how the water goes and you use the water to do stuff instead of being used by the water. This is how I would put it, it;s very simple in structure, you jsut activate 2 lever to have water out and you control its current to activate stuff. Please, do the other water dungeons with this in mind, it was awesome :)

Arbiter's ground: it was good, but the only thing I didn't liked is how am I supposed to know you have to rotate the bottom room so that it magically aligns with the hole in the top room to hookshot? had to look it up.

Snowpeak ruins: HOW THESE ARE RUINS IT'S A FREAKING HOUSE! But I really loved that actually, havign a house as a dungeon felt silly. And the item......omg I felt so good when i got it......but then I realised it took so long to throw the ball that it just felt less good :( Especially against these ice thing......they are so quick.....Oh btw, loved the ice puzzle :) Btw, loved its boss music.

Temple of time: LOVE THE MUSIC! Also, I really liked the concept of doing a back and forth through the dungeon, the second time feels very different.

City in the sky: unlike what I heard it didn't felt confusing to me unless you look at the map which doesnt tell much, but it's not like water temple where you have 10 path in one room, it;s quite linear. The one thing I will say is it;s a bit too easy to get a respawn at the beginning, there's a lot of loading time and the music is atrocious. holy crap, give me 30 seconds I don;t like it, give me 3 hours, I hate it. Why put so much obnoxious yelling? hyeheyehyeheyheyeheyheyeheyeh wtf?

palace of twlight: THE HANDS OMG!!! I was wondering where the wall masters were......well they are fun especially with that music omg this music when a wall master is near the ball......it haunts you so hard and everything becomes so nerve racking. The only disappointing thing is i wished they were more present. Btw, very short dungeon.

Hyrule castle: it's your tipical last games moments, it's mostly enemies battles, but it's fun,. btw, that chests rooms lol :)

cave of ordeals: yes I did it, felt very intense and got it on my second try and omg the last floor is cruel......(it's 3 darknut). Btw, I loved the darknut in this game, it actually felt challenging.

Bosses

Two words: too easy. I mean it's like I was playing super paper mario here, it was WAY too easy so much that it felt I was actually speedrunning..... The only one that were challenging were....well I only felt it was ganondorf tbh..... Some has really good music (especially the music that plays where you can hti it), but the difficulty is not impressive. Still much better than seasons where you have to break the crap out of your mind to do them.....

Music

Not my favourite in terms of style tastes, the ost is really good. This is of course excluding the city in the sky music, that one can go somewhere that isn't my ears, but it;s really solid. One thing I will note is the amount of oot remixes....there's a lot of them. Which imo is a good thing, oot had a good ost....but felt a bit lacking. The only reason it;s not my favorite style is the game has complex music, but soem of them are simple for me to love them a lot. My top 3 would be hidden village which I am currently gushing on, midna's lament which seems to be a classic in this game and the snowpeak boss theme. Midna's lament btw, I heard it before and I never got why it was so known, but now I know: it overrides any music and plays where midna......is.....just looking sick and sad and I just pity her :( An interesting thing about one of these nintendo video is that theme is supposed to be a mixed main theme and midna theme and the goal of the music was trying to express the desolation of midna, but it also tells how close both link and midna will be after that part is done. which tbh, it really does that job well and I get why it's a so respected track, even with the rain to add ambience. for hidden village.....it';s just epic, but imo a bit too short. I will be ripping the ost soon for sure, soem tracks were really good enough :)

Sidequests

I really think this game has the best hint system out of any zelda game, finally another series that was smart enough to put the earthbound system. I loved the paper mario one, and the zelda one is similar but unfortunately, it has less features. All you have is main story and heart piece......i wish there woudl be a bit more, but it;s a good start. For those who never played earthbound, you basically pay for the game to give you an hint, but the system is global so wherever part you are in the sequence, it should tell you. In Paper Mario that system was used, except they added stuff like badges and star block locations, felt very fun to 100% because of that. which is the reason I got every heart pieces :)

For the poes, it was THIS close to be fun....but then it's night only, the game has no way to skip night and it takes....8 minutes to switch......god. at least they had a detector and a zone that indicates how many you found, but just why the ngiht only? Also, thanks internet for telling me 3 of them are in the cave of ordeals.....I would have liked to know this before.....

As for the bugs.....well it's fun to hear the ticking sound and rush to it, but without any detector for a MAP, it;s horrible. there is even one that merges perfectly with he grass colors in a huge map......yeah, you had to be lucky there.

As for the bottle.....2 of them are like wtf? How am I supposed to get that one guy is selling a BOTTLE CONTAINING oil while normally, every zelda games shows the bottle, but sells the liquid......urgh. And for the one littered......nothing told me someone did throw it....

Didn;t do much for fish and stamps because no way to make them easier and it's not worth my time.

However, it felt a bit pleasing to almost 100%. Felt clear and precise to do and where. I just don't like when there's a part of luck into it and I know the series revolves on this, but that doesn;t prevent me from not liking it.

Liked the hidden skills, some very useful, some.....I can;t use them because it;s so hard to do like mortal draw (I used it on a turkey though :) ). Especially liked the songs too, I heard song of healing :)

Misc

The text sound feels bland to me, but the white on yellow text WTF? It makes is so annoying to read at least midna is blue on black, fine, but just.....white on yellow as main text is so annoying! The way the text is deep in meaning means you have to be careful to what you read so....urgh.

The hawkeye controls felt awkward.

I once drank a purple chu juice while I didn;t know what it did......it was close :(

Why no post game :(

Overall

I still liked tww more, but this is a really good zelda game that I can summarise by saying it was...interesting. You just don';t expect this to be a zelda game with how it does stuff, but it is one, it really is. i feel it';s the game that broke many conventions in the series that i think were very good idea to do for the need of the game. the plot mainly is how much this game shines and I guess the dungeon, but midna is like the centre of many mind blown.

One thing to note, i noticed a lot of oot inspiration and to keep this in mind, I liked that the game did this considering its intent was to give what people wanted before tww (honestly, idc about this because tww imo is my favorite). It felt more improvements on oot because oot.....had a lot of flaws imo. The idea was what made the game a classic because it's so well done, but clearly had rooms for improvements and I think tp did a lot of the job on that part.

But yeah, really great game :)

Questions for myself

I might have missed a lot of stuff so @Kenith and @HyperIrene , you might help me by answering some questions I had:

I knew it was revealed that the one that teaches the hidden skills is the hero of time, however, that should be link right? pls explain :)

Why midna broke the mirror at the end? I mean, I guess she doesn't want thing to happen again, but she grew to like the light world so......I just questioned that part.

pls explain me what is told exactly in the cutscene where you see link and llia with white eyes and 2 dark link......I sincerely didn;t got a lot of it.

Why the malo mart music? It's so weird!

Took 50 hours to do the game so I guess kenith was underestimating it a bit :)
Nice review, seems like you enjoyed the game! I'm currently sorting out Ilia's memory, though I have played the original numerous times...so I pretty much know what to expect from this point on...

To beat the game it usually takes me about 30 hours or so (mainly because I take my time and I like to explore even though I've played this game to death and beyond)...because I haven't played this game in a while there's a lot I don't remember so it's not like I'm soaring through it anyway, which makes it a more fun experience having to re-figure out a few things...

Just a few comments I want to make...spoilered just in case...
-I can confirm that the graphics are indeed a big improvement from the original...seeing just how fleshed out all the scenery and even the character's faces which I thought gave them new life and personality over the original...This was how the game was meant to look! It's clear and crisp, not cloudy and smudgy like it was...Sometimes I just get sidetracked while in the dungeons because I'm admiring just how good everything looks now from what I remember 10 years ago!...

-I take it you haven't played Skyward Sword yet, if you thought Twilight Princess's intro was slow...THAT was a slow start...

-One reason why I, and many other people, love Midna so much was just how fleshed out her character was in the game...as well as her overall character development, that is actually one of the deepest in the series...A lot of her fans, including myself, hated her at first but playing through the game she really grows on you as a character....also helps she's adorable! <3 (and her true form's absolutely gorgeous, it's a shame it had so little screen time) There's also the fact that she was one of the more useful and less annoying companions in the Zelda series...

-I agree with the Lakebed Temple..water temples have a bit of a bad reputation in the Zelda series, mainly because of OoT and MM, but the Lakebed Temple imo was one of the most well designed temples in the game, the way all the different parts work and interact with the water flow was kind of ingenious...all the TP dungeons in general were really well designed...

-the Cave of Ordeals (as well as the Savage Labyrinth from WW) are amoung my favourite side dungeons in the Zelda series...nothing like a long gauntlet to truly put you to the test...

-One of the most talked about negatives of the game was indeed the easy bosses, some were still fun like Stallord and Zant, but didn't really pose that much of a challenge compared to their dungeons...

-TP has one of my favourite soundtracks in gaming, probably would be my favourite if it were orchestrated (maybe not because I love the Prime Trilogy's OST too much :p)...I'm actually a huge fan of the Sacred Grove, I liked how they gave Saria's Song such a mysterious vibe it's actually quite a contrast to the original so much so that they are basically completely different songs, plus the Skull Kid segments were pretty fun...I liked how he seemed liked a mischievous child but in reality was actually guiding you through the Lost Woods, and the song fit so well with this...btw another track I love is the Gerudo Desert

-Zelda games usually don't have much in terms of post-game...mainly because the story usually finishes right after Link defeats the threat of this time and usually set's off on some other adventure...

To answer your Questions
-the Hero's Shade is Link from OoT/MM yes...There really isn't much explanation behind his past after the events of Majora's Mask...all we got is official confirmation that he is indeed the Hero of Time...

-No official explanation was mentioned but Midna learned the value of sacrificing for the greater good from both Link and Zelda, and she likely realized that it was better off to sever ties between both worlds than to take a more selfish route...

-In that cutscene, Link and Ilia were merely representations of how the Fused Shadow's power can corrupt people...hence the white eyes and them turning on eachother in the cutscene...afterwards you see Link and two Dark Links who are representatives for the interlopers (theorized to be the Sheikah btw) who mean to use the Fused Shadow's power...The Goddesses intervened and they were then banished to the Twilight Realm...

-But this song is just PURE MAGNIFICENCE!!

Last edited:

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I'm surprised no one has talked about the 2 Killer Instinct characters that got leaked several days ago.

It seems that we now have 3 Microsoft guest characters in the game. What other Microsoft characters would you like to see make it into the game?

D

Deleted member

well hes not like Tizoc That is Tizoc(its his heel days much like how big bear and raiden are the same guy)
Yeah, I remember hearing that, but I couldn't find any sources backing that up so I just played it safe. :p Especially with the red outline implying he's a newcomer. But I understand it's just likr Big Beat/Raiden.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I'm surprised no one has talked about the 2 Killer Instinct characters that got leaked several days ago.

It seems that we now have 3 Microsoft guest characters in the game. What other Microsoft characters would you like to see make it into the game?
I think probably to round out Halo, Master Chief, and if they can make him faithful to his original games, maybe Conker, provided they don't screw him up like what happened recently. Ech.

That said - I actually played some Killer Instinct Gold and Goldeneye at the University's Retro games club - two Rare games in a day.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Nice review, seems like you enjoyed the game! I'm currently sorting out Ilia's memory, though I have played the original numerous times...so I pretty much know what to expect from this point on...

To beat the game it usually takes me about 30 hours or so (mainly because I take my time and I like to explore even though I've played this game to death and beyond)...because I haven't played this game in a while there's a lot I don't remember so it's not like I'm soaring through it anyway, which makes it a more fun experience having to re-figure out a few things...

Just a few comments I want to make...spoilered just in case...
-I can confirm that the graphics are indeed a big improvement from the original...seeing just how fleshed out all the scenery and even the character's faces which I thought gave them new life and personality over the original...This was how the game was meant to look! It's clear and crisp, not cloudy and smudgy like it was...Sometimes I just get sidetracked while in the dungeons because I'm admiring just how good everything looks now from what I remember 10 years ago!...

-I take it you haven't played Skyward Sword yet, if you thought Twilight Princess's intro was slow...THAT was a slow start...

-One reason why I, and many other people, love Midna so much was just how fleshed out her character was in the game...as well as her overall character development, that is actually one of the deepest in the series...A lot of her fans, including myself, hated her at first but playing through the game she really grows on you as a character....also helps she's adorable! <3 (and her true form's absolutely gorgeous, it's a shame it had so little screen time) There's also the fact that she was one of the more useful and less annoying companions in the Zelda series...

-I agree with the Lakebed Temple..water temples have a bit of a bad reputation in the Zelda series, mainly because of OoT and MM, but the Lakebed Temple imo was one of the most well designed temples in the game, the way all the different parts work and interact with the water flow was kind of ingenious...all the TP dungeons in general were really well designed...

-the Cave of Ordeals (as well as the Savage Labyrinth from WW) are amoung my favourite side dungeons in the Zelda series...nothing like a long gauntlet to truly put you to the test...

-One of the most talked about negatives of the game was indeed the easy bosses, some were still fun like Stallord and Zant, but didn't really pose that much of a challenge compared to their dungeons...

-TP has one of my favourite soundtracks in gaming, probably would be my favourite if it were orchestrated (maybe not because I love the Prime Trilogy's OST too much :p)...I'm actually a huge fan of the Sacred Grove, I liked how they gave Saria's Song such a mysterious vibe it's actually quite a contrast to the original so much so that they are basically completely different songs, plus the Skull Kid segments were pretty fun...I liked how he seemed liked a mischievous child but in reality was actually guiding you through the Lost Woods, and the song fit so well with this...btw another track I love is the Gerudo Desert

-Zelda games usually don't have much in terms of post-game...mainly because the story usually finishes right after Link defeats the threat of this time and usually set's off on some other adventure...

To answer your Questions
-the Hero's Shade is Link from OoT/MM yes...There really isn't much explanation behind his past after the events of Majora's Mask...all we got is official confirmation that he is indeed the Hero of Time...

-No official explanation was mentioned but Midna learned the value of sacrificing for the greater good from both Link and Zelda, and she likely realized that it was better off to sever ties between both worlds than to take a more selfish route...

-In that cutscene, Link and Ilia were merely representations of how the Fused Shadow's power can corrupt people...hence the white eyes and them turning on eachother in the cutscene...afterwards you see Link and two Dark Links who are representatives for the interlopers (theorized to be the Sheikah btw) who mean to use the Fused Shadow's power...The Goddesses intervened and they were then banished to the Twilight Realm...

-But this song is just PURE MAGNIFICENCE!!
I tend to really take my time with games. To give you an idea, the beginning took me like several hours because I was just appreciating how slow it starts :)
in respective order:

• I looked at video comparisons more and I now cannot get how people played the original,. omg it;s horrible. it;s like you get the same texture complexity,. but it;s onyl an approximation because of how blurry it looks, this is a good example:
    Screenshot from 2016-03-15 00:30:01.png
    on the left, I see a brick wall, on the right, i see an approximation of a brick wall, this serious looks bad
  • I played SOME of SS like up to the third dungeon because it felt so boring to me (might replay it), but I do not recall SS feeling more slow. And keep this in mind, this is not a complain but a praise, the abrupt twist after needed a slow build up so it;s more good engineering than anything. Btw, I do mention fi, so yes i played a bit of SS :)
  • well you tl dr my midna part, but one thing I will say is i didn;t hated her at the beginning. Because i had this back in my head that said that she MUST have had a reason to free you. It like to me felt she didn;t know what she was doing rather than her being on purpose harsh. Like I don;t expect with how bad you looked in jail to be a traitor after she would free you, it made no sense and she clearly had other things to do, even in the twist cutscene......she looked in an interesting look telling me she intended long ago to help you. So I simpyl assumed she had her reasons to help and it would be clear later, but I did found her very savage that is true, just not hate.
  • yeah, fianlyl a GOOD one lol :)
  • I loved the floor dungeons because it's easy for ONE floor, all of them in a row......not so much. Seriously, the 3 darknut fight felt very very tense. I like stuff like the pit of 100 trials in paper mario and I did liked savage labyrinth.
  • Every boss except MAYBE zant and definitely all ganondorf phase were way too easy. it's like pls, I love the dungeon but the bosses woudl reflect that....they don;t. however, I loved what the composer called the "advantageous theme" where it;s a little thing you hear when you can damage the boss. they apparently filled this theme on a lot of music including hyrule field. i feel more zelda games should have this.
  • sacred groove felt normal to me, but I did forgot to mention gerudo desert, i loved that one too :)
  • 2 comments for the answers: first, why is midna not getting corrupted and second the music felt I was playing rhythm heaven lol :)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Joanna Dark.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

What was the leaked characters?

Godzillathewonderdog

Smash Master
I wonder if they would consider adding a character from Fable. There must be someone from that series that would be a nice fit. I just don't know anything about it's characters.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wonder if they would consider adding a character from Fable. There must be someone from that series that would be a nice fit. I just don't know anything about it's characters.
The studio that makes fable was just dissolved and everyone in it fired

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336

Assuming they don't screw him up, Conker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom