• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I had a similar problem but my units were underpowered
I have a bad tendency of promoting my units as soon as I'm able to
Laslow couldn't double or take hits, Niles and Selena got RNG screwed(and Bow Knight sucks), Corrin has **** defenses, Silas needed My Castle skills to be viable and Peri has terrible hit rate
But did you unlock all of the paralogues? You could simply grind out supports with Before Awakening or castle battles
Yeah, luckily I always wait as late as possible to promote my units.... Most of the time anyway.... Because, of course, my friend just loves to take over my system, and if I remember correctly, he promoted some of them too early, I believe.

But yeah, my main problem was indeed that I didn't have enough paralogues to level my units. But I didn't do the support grinding because I thought that I would be fine doing the final only with only a few max levels(Xander, Leo, Kaze, and Camilla.) and many decently leveled units.(The majority above 10, with the child units near max.).... But, surprise surprise, it wasn't a super easy endgame like awekening's. :p

So yeah, I need teh bbys. Hell, the one's I do have..... I mean.... The three...(Dywre, Solie, and Forrest.) have been pretty useful.

Also, darn it, I forgot that gay marriage doesn't give you any bbys....

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
STORY TIME: HOW BANANABAKE GOT HIS SMASH 4 MAIN
>Picks up 3DS at Gamestop
>Little Sister's favorite game is AC New Leaf
>Downloads SSB4 demo
>"Morgen, who do you want me to be?"
>*gasps* "IS THAT THE ANIMAL CROSSING MAYOR!!!???"
>"I think so"
>"PICK HIM"
>*cycles through colors*
>*finds purple #4*
>*Plays Villager and likes the character*
>*keeps playing*
>gits gud
>THE END
Tortimer isn't in the game is he?

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I just remembered Death Battle returns this Wednesday

Regardless of the outcome, I'm sure it'll be one of the best animated fights of the series so far

Burruni

Smash Hero
I just remembered Death Battle returns this Wednesday

Regardless of the outcome, I'm sure it'll be one of the best animated fights of the series so far
I mean.
Kamiya has said that Bayonetta wins it.
So it'll be like watching Battle of the Gods again.
Knowing damn well who's going to win but just not how the fight goes.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/25578601/this-is-some-information-about-pokemon-sun-moon

Probably fake, but I like this!

This is some information about Pokemon SUN & MOON. I'm not an English Speaker,sorry about my poor English

New Region is not based on Hawaii, Cities Named after constellations
Starters:
Grass: elephant, Grass/Psychic Final evolution. Pure Fire Ocelot. Water/Fairy nymph
New Megas: Johto starters, Braviary, Dragonite, kingdra, Skarmory, Cloyster and 10 more
Pofessor Elm will make an appearance
2 rivals. One of them will mildly turn into the "Dark side"
Kalos in the Post Game: 3 New Gym Leaders.
Sun and Moon Pokemons involved in a Myth about two queens.
Grass/Dragon Legendary
Next Month Corocoro will show a new pokemon, a Normal/Dark based of a opossum

Opossum Opossum Did you make this?
:p

If true, I am sure you'll enjoy it!
Normal/Dark? Shouldn't it be Steel/Dark?

:troll:

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I have no idea if it's real, but please be real.

That sounds amazing especially for a launch title.
I really like the graphic style it proposes as well. It be pretty cool. Especially if they mixed more on the 1st two games together. And expand the online. Plus this:

King Boo would be a shoo-in for the next Smash.

*Cries*
I'd main King Boo, I also wouldn't mind them giving E Gadd some love though.

D

Deleted member

All I know about Zootopia is that furries love it. Furries creep me out, therefore, I'm not sure I want to try watching it
Don't do any searching of it on google images and you should be completely fine with the movie. :p(I made that mistake, unfornately, so now even if I see it, errrrmmm.... But I'm pretty dense when it comes to that kind of stuff, so I'll shrug it off over time and see what the movie has to offer eventually.)

I mean.
Huh, really? Interesting because everyone today says the battle came out for sponsors today, and that Dante won...

Last edited by a moderator:

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
I mean.
I mostly refer that Torrian (the animator) has had over 3 months (and probably even more) to animate the fight, and all his tweets show him really proud and excited about the animation

Burruni

Smash Hero
Don't do any searching of it on google images and you should be completely fine with the movie. :p(I made that mistake, unfornately, so now even if I see it, errrrmmm.... But I'm pretty dense when it comes to that kind of stuff, so I'll shrug it off over time and see what the movie has to offer eventually.)

Huh, really? Interesting because everyone today says the battle came out for sponsors today, and that Dante won...
Then that shows how well they "research" their battles, right?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Never played either of the Luigi's Mansion games, but I'm interested in this if it's real. A game like that would be absolutely beautiful in HD.
They are a pretty fun serious. the first one is bigger and better, but two is still fun for a shorter game. I liked the online in it.

And I just beat the paralouge for Benny's child in fates and unlocked the one for Keaton's
Ignatious is a pretty cool character. Easy mission, but fun.

I just started the one for velouria. I love how they made her like Red Riding hood! That's a clever take on the character!

D

Deleted member

That's why I only watch the fighting segments. :p Otherwise, you can pretty much say whoever wins for whatever reason it seems.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
They are a pretty fun serious. the first one is bigger and better, but two is still fun for a shorter game. I liked the online in it.

And I just beat the paralouge for Benny's child in fates and unlocked the one for Keaton's

I just started the one for velouria. I love how they made her like Red Riding hood! That's a clever take on the character!
I'm pretty sure the second game is quite a bit longer, and has more replay value in general.

The second game just broke the game up into multiple mansions and into missions within those mansions. If you took all of the areas of the game together, it would be far bigger than the first game's mansion.

I also feel like the second game was a lot better from a mechanical standpoint.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm pretty sure the second game is quite a bit longer, and has more replay value in general.

The second game just broke the game up into multiple mansions and into missions within those mansions. If you took all of the areas of the game together, it would be far bigger than the first game's mansion.

I also feel like the second game was a lot better from a mechanical standpoint.
I don't know about them being equal in size. I beat the game within a week I believe.

They may be the same when put together, but I think the original offered more to explore within it's given space. It also had more boos to find( and they were harder), and I'd say it's a little tricker.

Both are still very good. The mechanics in two, I can agree was very good.

Replay value I could agree on as the online was a lot of fun and kept me involved.

D

Deleted member

Ignatius's Paralogue becomes almost impossible once enemies start promoting as he will stay as a Knight
Only got to save him thanks to Replicate Xander and Entrap

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dante vs Bayonetta is the battle of 2 games I've never played

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Word of God is meaningless when it's not backed up sufficiently let alone at all. Much like Kamiya just saying Bayonetta would win and not really elaborating on it.
Feats are all well and good but there's certain character elements at play too like the ideologies behind them AKA why Superman (unlimited power) and Tex (doomed to fail) shouldn't be on Death Battle

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Luigi's Mansion 3 and Nintendo will already have me sold on an NX.

Just as long as it follows the formula of the first game and not Dark Moon. It was a good game, but the mission structure butchered the atmosphere and any real sense of exploration. Just give me a mansion or two to freely explore on my own.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Luigi's Mansion 3 and Nintendo will already have me sold on an NX.

Just as long as it follows the formula of the first game and not Dark Moon. It was a good game, but the mission structure butchered the atmosphere and any real sense of exploration. Just give me a mansion or two to freely explore on my own.
They probably will go back to how the first game was, at least as far as missions go, assuming it's a console title. The mission system was implemented specifically to make the game more accessible to play in short bursts, since it's a handheld game.

Last edited:
Beat Bayonetta today. Is Platinum having awesome finales in space a normal thing? Because W101 has a finale in space as well and it is the best endgame in gaming history Viewtiful.

Was a pretty cool finale although the actual boss didn't seem particularly fleshed out. Oh well. Good game overall.

Luigi's Mansion 3 would be pretty cool. Would prefer having it be like the first game. Playing it mission based kind of broke the pace and the atmosphere unfortunately.

Gamecube, 3DS and maybe NX. Luigi sure likes to start out consoles strangely.

Let's just hope Geno is right.

Also another reminder that Sonic Twitter must be stopped.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Beat Bayonetta today. Is Platinum having awesome finales in space a normal thing? Because W101 has a finale in space as well and it is the best endgame in gaming history Viewtiful.

Was a pretty cool finale although the actual boss didn't seem particularly fleshed out. Oh well. Good game overall.

Luigi's Mansion 3 would be pretty cool. Would prefer having it be like the first game. Playing it mission based kind of broke the pace and the atmosphere unfortunately.

Gamecube, 3DS and maybe NX. Luigi sure likes to start out consoles strangely.

Let's just hope Geno is right.

Also another reminder that Sonic Twitter must be stopped.

Madworld wasn't space-bound.
I beat Bayo2 like 2 months ago and can't remember if it goes spacely for the finale or not.
And clearly the last boss in their next game will be.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
this is interesting!
http://dualpixels.com/2016/03/14/rumor-luigis-mansion-on-nintendo-nx-details/

Is Luigi's mansion 3 being made for the NX?
Huh. If this is true, then there's another title to potentially add to the NX line-up.

-New 3D Mario
-Pikmin 4
-The Legend of Zelda Wii U on NX
-Final Fantasy XV
-New Call of Duty
-Super Smash Bros for NX
-New IP from Retro Studios
-Luigi's Mansion 3

If these are truly the titles launching alongside the NX, then Nintendo has already won E3.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In 1959 Disney made a weird stop motion animation of Noah's Ark out of like...Felt junk

and apparently other stuff they found lying around like sporks

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Pikmin 4 and Luigi's Mansion 3? Just add Super Mario Sunshine 2 and we've got a GameCube family reunion.

Sunshine was already a beautiful game, I can just imagine a new vacation to Isle Delphino in HD.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Huh. If this is true, then there's another title to potentially add to the NX line-up.

-New 3D Mario
-Pikmin 4
-Final Fantasy XV
-New Call of Duty
-Super Smash Bros for NX
-Luigi's Mansion 3

If these are truly the titles launching alongside the NX, then Nintendo has already won E3.
Lol next minute NX launches with Federation Force HD and Golden Sun: Party Board.

Seriously though I'd be surprised if any of those happen.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Posting a little update on Paper Rosalina, since I want some feedback on the gradient shading. Shading and colouring isn't totally finished yet, but does it look well enough right now?

And I know the main part of the gown hasn't been shaded. That's intentional, as I have a special idea in mind for that.

Also this is just gonna be my image version, the sprite version will have coloured outlines like you saw before.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ah, the 1950's

When in a children's cartoon about a bible story

They could justify someone cheating on their spouse by saying

"Well, he may be with another woman but he's THINKING about you while doing it"

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
Jubeleius is a super random final boss lol. I wouldn't say it's my least favorite but it's not amazing.

I want to replay Bayo 1 and try to get all plat but I have the garbo PS3 version and my PS3 is kinda busted (randomly presses buttons sometimes, and I still can't figure out why)

Bananija

Count of Trickery
Image Post Warning

-New 3D Mario
-Pikmin 4
-Final Fantasy XV
-New Call of Duty
-Super Smash Bros for NX
-Luigi's Mansion 3

nintendowon.jpeg

Jubeleius is a super random final boss lol. I wouldn't say it's my least favorite but it's not amazing.

I want to replay Bayo 1 and try to get all plat but I have the garbo PS3 version and my PS3 is kinda busted (randomly presses buttons sometimes, and I still can't figure out why)
I mean. . . Jubileus is mentioned a few dozen times. It seems obvious they would be the final boss. . .but they just show up and don't even say anything. Not even some crazy speech. So it seems like you're fighting the bad guys death ray instead of fighting an almighty creator with a soul. :/
>ranting to someone with a bayonetta avi about bayonetta.
Is this where my life has gone?

Pokken broke street date.

If you want to know what the majority of the content in the game is here you go
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1197222#post198356826
EDIT and a convenient look at all the alts you cant use :)

Last edited:

BananaBake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aardvark001
3DS FC
2853-0928-1374
Pikmin 4 and Luigi's Mansion 3? Just add Super Mario Sunshine 2 and we've got a GameCube family reunion.

Sunshine was already a beautiful game, I can just imagine a new vacation to Isle Delphino in HD.
I would kill at least twelve men to obtain an HD remake or a Sequel to Sunshine

D

Deleted member

my PS3 is kinda busted (randomly presses buttons sometimes, and I still can't figure out why)
It might be the controller rather than the system itself. Have you tried testing different controllers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom