• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Did SuperMetalDave64 actually get a cease and desist? I dont think he's confirmed that.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Y'know what's a little thing I've been hoping for with Fire Emblem for a while?
Evolving portraits.
Like... even if the reclasses (even just their "heart seal" options) are just too much.
I feel like the base job classes should really get portraits for their promotions.
Another Nintendo strategy rpg with the term "Conquest" managed it just fine....
Don't Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn technically have it? I thought some characters in those games actually got portrait changes for promotions and such. At the very least, I know Ike had portrait changes.
That being said, I agree. That was something I really liked about Shining Force 1, 2 and 3 was portrait changes for promotions. Well, in 1 and 2, not everybody had portrait changes, but the more noteworthy-changed characters did like Max & Bowie, Peter, Bleu, Slade, etc.
So yeah, I'd be good with evolving portraits. I'd also be good with being able to allow characters to switch outfits outside of their class or at least the main characters. I mean, in Awakening, the Tactician model could technically use all weapons.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
They look like they taste good
Well the closest thing I can compare it to from looks alone is a lobster or a crab, so. . .kinda, yeah. XD

It's actually a giant aquatic pillbug, but at that size it might taste and be eaten more like a lobster, too.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Don't Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn technically have it? I thought some characters in those games actually got portrait changes for promotions and such. At the very least, I know Ike had portrait changes.
That being said, I agree. That was something I really liked about Shining Force 1, 2 and 3 was portrait changes for promotions. Well, in 1 and 2, not everybody had portrait changes, but the more noteworthy-changed characters did like Max & Bowie, Peter, Bleu, Slade, etc.
So yeah, I'd be good with evolving portraits. I'd also be good with being able to allow characters to switch outfits outside of their class or at least the main characters. I mean, in Awakening, the Tactician model could technically use all weapons.
Some characters from PoR got redone portraits in RD.
Which.. is the closest thing we have.

Edit: Most of those... being because of the game being 3 years later.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Uh, what? How?
Basically, the Tactician normally wields swords and tomes. However, if you encountered players who had Dread Fighters or Brides in their parties and you hadn't downloaded the DLC for them, their outfit models would be replaced by the Tactician outfit model, but they would still have weapon ranks and such. As such, if you battled them, you would see them with the Tactician outfit, yet wielding spears, bows, axes and staves.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Huh. This is an interesting theory.
(https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/49lknj/possible_nx_release_date_leaked_by/)
This theory talks about SuperMetalDave64's latest video above. It was 11 minutes and 24 seconds long and most of the video was just clips of Xenoblade Chronicles X and him talking for about 4 minutes.

The main bulk of the theory is that the length of the video is the release date of the NX (11.24). While this is a tinfoil hat-ish theory, it's still interesting to think about as that video was abnormally long. We'll see in due time though.

Anyways, what do you guys think about this?
I'm mostly just wondering what his reason is for taking an extended break. . .

The format certainly is pretty odd. It's displaying as 11:23 on the embed, so I guess a one day margin of error if it is real.

You know, this does bring up a pretty interesting question in my mind. What would happen if the NX and Pokémon Sun and Moon released at the same time?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There's an event where 2 giant Warios need to be KO'ed, but they kill you in like 3 hits, no ****ing way am I going back to trying to beat all Smash 4 challenges
The wii fit one?

Take the first one and jab him across the stage, keep pushing, until you can launch it with the side smash. Then you need to be quick and lucky, grab the remaining one and use the broken edges of Wii Fit Studio to intsta kill the second one.

Make it Fire Emblem Boards, and everyone has a Lord an an avi
View attachment 100041
Never before have I seen an NPC who loves chocolate as much as I do
The funny thing is, that there's enough fire emblem characters without lord to do this. I approve!

Three days late for Mar10 day, but a delayed picture is eventually good, and a rushed picture is forever bad. Or something.
Guess what my favorite Mario game is.
Is it Super Mario RPG?
:p

Amazing drawing though!

I think I'm addicted to Mario Maker, the last level I made has 3 stars and a comment... and it only has 6 plays! XD
I waste so much time putting details in some levels, I wish the other people were like that, but nope, just basic, weird levels and Auto-Marios.

And why are the Expert levels so impossible?!
I can do like 5 of them and then I lose my 100 Marios...
Because they are made as if a 5 year old made them.

Huh. This is an interesting theory.
(https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/49lknj/possible_nx_release_date_leaked_by/)
This theory talks about SuperMetalDave64's latest video above. It was 11 minutes and 24 seconds long and most of the video was just clips of Xenoblade Chronicles X and him talking for about 4 minutes.

The main bulk of the theory is that the length of the video is the release date of the NX (11.24). While this is a tinfoil hat-ish theory, it's still interesting to think about as that video was abnormally long. We'll see in due time though.

Anyways, what do you guys think about this?
Seriously?

This is extremely reaching......

Sure it could happen....

But who really buys this on Reddit?

New Splatfest announced for the Americans

So....do you want to build a Snowman or a Sandcastle?

EDIT: There's also a Dragon Quest-themed splatfest in Japan. It's called Going all Out vs Focus on Healing.

Well that's an interesting choice. Why isn't America good enough for the Dragon Quest one?

Are we talking about Giant Isopods? I guess it's time to bring up that one image from who knows where again.

View attachment 100069
It's the size of a Kitten....
That's somewhat scary....

And I download Birthright and all the DLC for Fates today! Playing through the DLC on my conquest file now. It's fun!

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Nintendo releasing their new console on Black Friday?

Oh my gosh. . .I forgot about Black Friday.

That would be such an absurdly legit sales tactic.

And what if Sun and Moon came out at the same time? It IS scheduled for Holiday 2016.

N-Stars possibly coming out not too long before that. . .

Hooooly crud.

*EDIT* Not calling this necessarily legit, just having an Imagine Spot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some characters from PoR got redone portraits in RD.
Which.. is the closest thing we have.
Can we count Owain then?
Basically, the Tactician normally wields swords and tomes. However, if you encountered players who had Dread Fighters or Brides in their parties and you hadn't downloaded the DLC for them, their outfit models would be replaced by the Tactician outfit model, but they would still have weapon ranks and such. As such, if you battled them, you would see them with the Tactician outfit, yet wielding spears, bows, axes and staves.
I always wondered what would happen if I streetpassed someone with the DLC
What were Brides weapons though?

Also, this reminds me, if you hack someone in Fates so they'll be of the Songstress class, they'll use Chapter 5's boss map sprite
And I also wonder how a character would look if they were changed to an opposite gender exclusive class
Forrest with the Witch class is a dream that will never be realized

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
Yeah so it's been a while hasn't it guys, well figured I might as well say this since I'm here now, I'm retiring from Smashboards, I maybe back sometime in the future but for now I'm not going to be posting here anymore.

You'll probably see me viewing the thread every now and then, but I won't be posting or replying to anyone. I'll only come to the thread to see what silly leak comes up next.

Anyway here's what I really wanted to share, you guys remember that Mario Kart Double Dash had a lan mode right?
Well guess what somebody actually got a lan party going on Double Dash that had 16 players

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Here's the thing though. Gaming as a whole is becoming more of a chaos
True but Black Friday has only gotten worse in the states. Sure they will still make money, but I would not be surprised to see someone killed or injured during black Friday because they trying to fight and get the NX, or some other big thing.
It's a pretty terrible holiday.
Yeah so it's been a while hasn't it guys, well figured I might as well say this since I'm here now, I'm retiring from Smashboards, I maybe back sometime in the future but for now I'm not going to be posting here anymore.

You'll probably see me viewing the thread every now and then, but I won't be posting or replying to anyone. I'll only come to the thread to see what silly leak comes up next.

Anyway here's what I really wanted to share, you guys remember that Mario Kart Double Dash had a lan mode right?
Well guess what somebody actually got a lan party going on Double Dash that had 16 players

Bye, good luck in whatever you do! Come back anytime bladzer! And cool video!
Double Dash is one of my favorite mario kart's. I would love to see them doing another with the tag team gimmick, or even a mode based around it.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
and in pokken game play we can see goodra in the background of the dragons nest stage(which seing as goodra is fairly popular in gen 6 means it may get the chandelure treatment...also tyrantrum is there(who was one of my picks for a rock type character)

edit
i just noticed my boy heliolisk doin work on the magikarp festivale stage

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Can we count Owain then?

Also, this reminds me, if you hack someone in Fates so they'll be of the Songstress class, they'll use Chapter 5's boss map sprite
And I also wonder how a character would look if they were changed to an opposite gender exclusive class
Bride's weapons were Spear, Bow and Staff. Dread Fighters had Swords, Axes and Tomes. Also, the Hooded Man sprite? Yeah, I also heard that the Hooded Man sprite can also happen for Bond Units. Normally, they'll be a variation of Corrin, but sometimes they'll get the Hooded Man as their portrait.

Also, something I forgot to mention is that if you have a cartridge version of Awakening, 1 3DS with the DLC and another 3DS without the DLC, if you had any characters as a Dread Fighter or Bride, they would be shown as a Tactician on the 3DS without the DLC. As such, you could make your Avatar a Dread Fighter, then play him with his Tactician outfit on the other 3DS, basically allowing you to play through story mode with his original outfit while gaining the benefits of Dread Fighter having promotion stats and Axes while keeping Swords and Tomes.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Can we count Owain then?

"Opposite gender exclusive class" would probably lead to the same kind of thing as people trying some bodyswapping hacking for Fates.
Where it just kinda forces the head onto the body.
No matter how unfitting (males as Camilla)

D

Deleted member

HOW THE **** CAN CAMILLA DIE IN CHAPTER 10 THIS IS BULL****
I need a strategy and I need it now
"Opposite gender exclusive class" would probably lead to the same kind of thing as people trying some bodyswapping hacking for Fates.
Where it just kinda forces the head onto the body.
No matter how unfitting (males as Camilla)
That really isn't the best example as Sakura already promotes into Priestess naturally :p
But that'd probably be the result
Not like Forrest already uses the female model already
He even has visible boobs what the ****
Unless you take his clothes off
#LazyModels

Burruni

Smash Hero
HOW THE **** CAN CAMILLA DIE IN CHAPTER 10 THIS IS BULL****
I need a strategy and I need it now

That really isn't the best example as Sakura already promotes into Priestess naturally :p
But that'd probably be the result
Not like Forrest already uses the female model already
He even has visible boobs what the ****
Unless you take his clothes off
#LazyModels
(I thought that was Mikoto's outfit. I just promoted her straight into Onmyonji)
Well.
Here's a better example for "unfitting"
Camilla model swap + female axe fighter

NOHRIAN PUBERTY
Actually... this may ust be what happens if you get her to A+ with charlotte and reclass her...
I need to find this out later

ChikoLad

Purple Boi

This Roy has a bit of derp face. Hopefully they all aren't like that.

Ryu looks amazing though.

D

Deleted member

This Roy has a bit of derp face. Hopefully they all aren't like that.

Ryu looks amazing though.
Roy still looks better than Marth's "morth" face:
I hope we get little to no Derp face Roy amiibos. Those Morths still haunt me to this day....

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Roy still looks batter than Marth's "morth" face:
I hope we get little to no Derp face Roy amiibos. Those Morths still haunt me to this day....
"Morth" was really only part of the first print, and even then, not all of them were like that.

Mine was first print and it turned out fine.

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
What alt. colors in Smash do you want for the characters that are based on a character not from their franchise? EX: Lucas with Silas alt. color

D

Deleted member

Finally, I'm finally free from this goddamn chapter
Nyx died but who cares lol, all she did on my first playthrough was to pass down some magic stats to Forrest
Tried to rush to Takumi and prevent him from drying out the water but wasn't able to
At least Camilla completely destroyed allbthe enemies near him, Hinata included so I guess that played out in the Chapter's success
All thanks to Niles and Camilla, the real MVPs
There's a reason they're married in my main file
Guess I'll have a rest from all this madness in the next Chapter and actually build up the supports I want
What alt. colors in Smash do you want for the characters that are based on a character not from their franchise? EX: Lucas with Silas alt. color
Shouldn't that be Dark Pit though? :p

Kingslime304

Smash Lord
Finally, I'm finally free from this goddamn chapter
Nyx died but who cares lol, all she did on my first playthrough was to pass down some magic stats to Forrest
Tried to rush to Takumi and prevent him from drying out the water but wasn't able to
At least Camilla completely destroyed allbthe enemies near him, Hinata included so I guess that played out in the Chapter's success
All thanks to Niles and Camilla, the real MVPs
There's a reason they're married in my main file
Guess I'll have a rest from all this madness in the next Chapter and actually build up the supports I want

Shouldn't that be Dark Pit though? :p
But Lucas hair.....

Burruni

Smash Hero
Man.
Y'know how there are some pairings in Fire Emblem you know just need to be from their C rank support?

"..."
"..."
"..."
"...'

This couple. This couple is going places.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Make it Fire Emblem Boards, and everyone has a Lord an an avi
If that happens, I want either Gaius, Bubbles or Mr. Super Swordsman as an avi during the time. Or Max from Shining Force.
Man.
Y'know how there are some pairings in Fire Emblem you know just need to be from their C rank support?

"..."
"..."
"..."
"...'

This couple. This couple is going places.
I assume it's those two, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom