• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I kind of feel like Blaine probably started with a magmar rather than a magby. I just wrote down the first forms

Kind of funny, Blaine never had a magmar on his team until gold/ silver but it's probably been the most consistant pokemon on it since then. Probably closely followed by rapidash

Y'know after his anime battle
Fair enough. Venonat and Koga makes sense to me too (despite him not having one in RB)... but Koga would so have a Greninja and a Accelgor these days.

I really like the idea of themed gyms rather than type gyms. Would be a good way to mix it up and prevent sweeping.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So, I finally did it. I cleared Classic mode on the 3DS version on 9.0 intensity as all characters. Master Core and 2v2 battles were the main causes of many Game Overs...

Also, I'm just counting Mii Fighters as one, as I only did it as the Mii Sword Fighter, so I technically am missing 2 characters, but all 3 Mii types share the same high score and cleared intensity. Anyway, I might do it as the Gunner and Brawler later.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I still need to unlock all custom moves and whatever Mii costumes I may still be missing before I've completed all the challenges in the 3DS version.

Not sure if I want to do all of the Wii U challenges though even if some of the DLC characters made certain ones easier....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

you want classic disney look up golden age goofy cartoons in which hes well...ya goofy used to be the cartoons for adults
Remember that Cartoon in which Goofy had an obsession with smoking?

Makes me wonder how different Goofy would be nowadays if they kept his "Goofy the Everyman" persona.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Welp, just did Classic 9.0 as Mii Gunner and Mii Brawler.

Had forgotten that Mii Brawler is kind of a mix between Falcon and Little Mac without the speed, which means I wrecked Master Core.

By the way, I didn't use customs for any of the characters. Customs off for all of my attempts.

I feel accomplished. Haha. :p

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Remember that Cartoon in which Goofy had an obsession with smoking?

Makes me wonder how different Goofy would be nowadays if they kept his "Goofy the Everyman" persona.
Then there'd be like five everyman.
Donald, Mickey, Goofy, Scrooge when it comes to money and Daisy as "everygirl"
Though Goofy has some Patrick-like bright moments when it comes to being Mickey's detective partner.

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Just Dance won the KCA AGAIN

literally every other nominee the series has beat had more depth IMO (yes even angry birds)

D

Deleted member

Of course Corrin just HAD to trigger Dragon Fang on the boss I want to capture
Ugh, not doing this chapter again I already got screwed once by a 6% crit

D

Deleted member

So what will happen during this year's April Fools?

Last year we got the greatest thing in existence (Shaqboards), so how are they supposed to top it off?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Never play Conquest on Hard, Chapter 10 is gonna make you insane
And I can't even imagine that on Lunatic
****ing Lunge is the one ability enemies shouldn't have
At least these Ninjas don't have Poison Strike

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
i made a silly post at like 1 am and i got six serious replies

i guess im not funny when im tired
There's an event where 2 giant Warios need to be KO'ed, but they kill you in like 3 hits, no ****ing way am I going back to trying to beat all Smash 4 challenges
gorl, just put it to easy (or medium) and scrub it out like me

it doesnt stop the challenge from being ulcer-inducing but it helps

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

i made a silly post at like 1 am and i got six serious replies

i guess im not funny when im tired

gorl, just put it to easy (or medium) and scrub it out like me

it doesnt stop the challenge from being ulcer-inducing but it helps
Replying seriously to a ****post is a joke in itself

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Three days late for Mar10 day, but a delayed picture is eventually good, and a rushed picture is forever bad. Or something.
Guess what my favorite Mario game is.

Last edited:

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
I think I'm addicted to Mario Maker, the last level I made has 3 stars and a comment... and it only has 6 plays! XD
I waste so much time putting details in some levels, I wish the other people were like that, but nope, just basic, weird levels and Auto-Marios.

And why are the Expert levels so impossible?!
I can do like 5 of them and then I lose my 100 Marios...

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So, I finally did it. I cleared Classic mode on the 3DS version on 9.0 intensity as all characters. Master Core and 2v2 battles were the main causes of many Game Overs...

Also, I'm just counting Mii Fighters as one, as I only did it as the Mii Sword Fighter, so I technically am missing 2 characters, but all 3 Mii types share the same high score and cleared intensity. Anyway, I might do it as the Gunner and Brawler later.
So how hard was it as :4littlemac:&:4zelda:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Well, Pokkén Tournament is less than a week away.

I still find it silly the game's controller is only compatible with that one game. Maybe someone will make a driver so it can be used on a PC.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I had a weird dream that the frying of unusual animals became a mainstream thing. But was also extremely expensive.

In the dream I had fried centipede. According to the dream that wasn't the first time I had it so when I woke up I was in a half awake state trying to figure out if I had eaten it IRL. I haven't.

It had mostly arthropods. Including a giant isopod. But also had this ...alligator thing. Which I actually have eaten fried alligator IRL. It was pretty good, but it might have just been the way it was seasoned and breaded.

It also had some kind of subplot about an employee that got fired but hired by the parent company and was not only earning more money but they were kind of celebrating his hiring. Apparently he had gained a good reputation which the company despite being fired.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I had a weird dream that the frying of unusual animals became a mainstream thing. But was also extremely expensive.

In the dream I had fried centipede. According to the dream that wasn't the first time I had it so when I woke up I was in a half awake state trying to figure out if I had eaten it IRL. I haven't.

It had mostly arthropods. Including a giant isopod. But also had this ...alligator thing. Which I actually have eaten fried alligator IRL. It was pretty good, but it might have just been the way it was seasoned and breaded.

It also had some kind of subplot about an employee that got fired but hired by the parent company and was not only earning more money for doing show but they were kind of celebrating his hiring. Apparently he had gained a good reputation which the company despite being fired.
Oh god, giant isopods.

Honestly that's high on my list of things too freaky looking to eat. :p

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So how hard was it as :4littlemac:&:4zelda:
As Mac, it was tough, but Master Core was a breeze once I got used to dealing with his moves while staying on the ground.

As Zelda? She was among the characters I had the least difficulty clearing the mode. Spamming Lightning Kicks on Master Core was extremely satisfying.

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Huh. This is an interesting theory.
(https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/49lknj/possible_nx_release_date_leaked_by/)
This theory talks about SuperMetalDave64's latest video above. It was 11 minutes and 24 seconds long and most of the video was just clips of Xenoblade Chronicles X and him talking for about 4 minutes.

The main bulk of the theory is that the length of the video is the release date of the NX (11.24). While this is a tinfoil hat-ish theory, it's still interesting to think about as that video was abnormally long. We'll see in due time though.

Anyways, what do you guys think about this?

Last edited:

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
I GOT MEW **** YES!!!

SUPER thrilled about this since I never accomplished this in the original games. Guess I'm gonna try that once summer hits on the old school handhelds

Huh. This is an interesting theory.
(https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/49lknj/possible_nx_release_date_leaked_by/)
This theory talks about SuperMetalDave64's latest video above. It was 11 minutes and 24 seconds long and most of the video was just clips of Xenoblade Chronicles X and him talking for about 4 minutes.

The main bulk of the theory is that the length of the video is the release date of the NX (11.24). While this is a tinfoil hat-ish theory, it's still interesting to think about as that video was abnormally long. We'll see in due time though.

Anyways, what do you guys think about this?
True or not, the thought of someone getting a cease and desist and still leaking the date through a way that only conspiracy theorists would guess is hilarious.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Am I the only one who looks at Nintendo and thinks they have a strike force team of Yoshis they send out to deliver cease and desist letters and if you refuse to desist you are swallowed whole and forced to live in an egg for the rest of your life.

Bill Trinen trains them of course.

D

Deleted member

Am I the only one who looks at Nintendo and thinks they have a strike force team of Yoshis they send out to deliver cease and desist letters and if you refuse to desist you are swallowed whole and forced to live in an egg for the rest of your life.

Bill Trinen trains them of course.
If you resist a Cease and Desist from Nintendo, you are sended to Wario's Gold Mine to dig gold for the rest of your life.

And while you work, this song plays in the background (warning, loud volume):

This is what happened to Gematsu Leaker and ESRB leaker.

D

Deleted member

New Splatfest announced for the Americans

So....do you want to build a Snowman or a Sandcastle?

EDIT: There's also a Dragon Quest-themed splatfest in Japan. It's called Going all Out vs Focus on Healing.

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
Are we talking about Giant Isopods? I guess it's time to bring up that one image from who knows where again.

upload_2016-3-13_15-10-5.png

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Y'know what's a little thing I've been hoping for with Fire Emblem for a while?
Evolving portraits.
Like... even if the reclasses (even just their "heart seal" options) are just too much.
I feel like the base job classes should really get portraits for their promotions.
Another Nintendo strategy rpg with the term "Conquest" managed it just fine....

New Splatfest announced for the Americans

So....do you want to build a Snowman or a Sandcastle?

EDIT: There's also a Dragon Quest-themed splatfest in Japan. It's called Going all Out vs Focus on Healing.

All i'm getting from this Splatfest is that someone watched Frozen recently

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Just got back from seeing Zootopia.
People could seriously learn a thing or two from this movie. I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom