• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Huh. This is interesting.
Nintendo is publishing Shovel Knight in Japan.
Nintendo of Japan does that a lot.

Didn't they published the remastered version of Cave Story

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I still find it weird that you can SNES Arwing for Zero but the original Star Fox still isn't available for Virtual Console
I think it's because the Super Effects chip in the SNES has licensing issues.

It's why we haven't gotten Yoshi's Island either.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Good thing I have a Fox amiibo.

Surprised they didn't talk about Falco amiibo (is he compatible but they didn't announce it?)

D

Deleted member

Hey, guys.

Dr. Kirby is now a thing in the Kirby Universe.

#Dr.KirbyforSmashNX

Last edited by a moderator:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
SNES games are New 3DS exclusive, could the original not handle them or something?

The original handled Sonic games just fine.

Guess Genesis does what Nintendon't. :4sonic:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Now that I think about, since Earthbound Beginnings has been sent over here, and now Earthbound is on both the Wii U and New 3DS (not to mention Mother 3 finally getting a re-release in Japan), could this mean the time for Mother 3 to be released in the west be soon?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Honestly among the new things, the things that I liked the most were the new Star Fox Zero+Star Fox Guard info, Kirby: Planet Robobot, and Rhythm Heaven Mega Mix. Isabelle getting a standalone amiibo is nice too, as well as her classic summer outfit. I'm telling you guys, her and the Inklings are shoo ins for the next Smash, and I'm not using that word lightly. :p

I'm also guessing that "Caviar F" was the horse card game/dating sim, and that Planet Robobot may have been "Torte City," based only on their descriptions.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Retro Arwing also replaces the music with SNES tracks.
Gosh this is so hype for me since it brings back a lot of memories from Starwing. I hope they will restock the Fox amiibo, or at least also make it compatible with the Falco amiibo too....

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Even though the Direct didn't talk about the Falco amiibo for Star Fox Zero (which surprised me), I might just get one.

My Best Buy is super overflooded with that specific amiibo and almost begging for me to buy one.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You know, I was kinda interested in Lost Reavers.

But that framerate.
Yeah I noticed that as well. I get it's an online game, but good God for something meant to draw me in that certainly didn't help.
Heck, the whole game felt like something I'd see on Steam. I was half-expecting Jim Sterling to start commentating over it.

Soul.

Star Fox is okay. Splatoon balancing lol. Gundam Kirby hype. SNES on New 3DS yas. ayy Pokkén. Rhythm Heaven is cool but not really into it.

Maybe next Direct they'll release Detective Pikachu.

Federation Force and Paper Mario hate is getting ridiculous.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Honestly among the new things, the things that I liked the most were the new Star Fox Zero+Star Fox Guard info, Kirby: Planet Robobot, and Rhythm Heaven Mega Mix. Isabelle getting a standalone amiibo is nice too, as well as her classic summer outfit. I'm telling you guys, her and the Inklings are shoo ins for the next Smash, and I'm not using that word lightly. :p

I'm also guessing that "Caviar F" was the horse card game/dating sim, and that Planet Robobot may have been "Torte City," based only on their descriptions.
That isn't a title I see being advertised for a big budget according to the leak TBH.

I don't think its Torte City.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
For me personally, the amount of customization and roles the troopers can play really helps.

It gives a lot of variety. On paper anyways.
People thought the game was "bad" because it didn't play like a Metroid, look like a Metroid, or feature Samus prominently. They didn't think it was bad because of the gameplay, they just thought it shouldn't be part of the Metroid IP. So finding out that non-Metroid-like gameplay has more depth to it doesn't really address any of the problems people took issue with... or really come as a surprise considering we only really saw like two minutes of it previously.

But whatever. If it means more people are going to have an open mind about this game that's a good thing. Clearly they're not going to change the art style or anything like that at this point.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Was typing up a post about my thoughts and my internet crapped (EDIT: AND IT DID IT AGAIN DURING THE RE-TYPE UGH) and I accidentally copied over the post in my clipboard with this:

Now for another attempt at my thoughts:

-Star Fox intrigues me but I'm still skeptical, seems a bit lacking still. Will still get it day one though and getting a whole other game as a pre-order bonus is awesome. Hilarious that we get a Slippy spin-off before literally any other character though, lol.

-I was already getting an awesome N3DS bundle for Hyrule Warriors Legends but WOW that DLC plan is amazing. Will probably buy the Season Pass day one, lol.

-Aside from Rosalina in a leotard in CGI looking sexy as hell (highlight of the direct to be honest :V), the Wii U Mario & Sonic is worrying me. They didn't reveal anything new about it and the new characters were only shown in the same events they are exclusive to on 3DS (or a similar event if their 3DS event is missing on Wii U). This makes me worry that only veterans will be playable across all events, and the new characters only get one event. That will kill a lot of the hype I had for the game. Also the 3DS version comes out on my birthday though not sure I want it honestly. :p

-The FE Fates EU Special Edition looks cool, might get it and put the three games on the backlog.

-From a battle mechanics/story/characters standpoint, I'm already worried about Paper Mario, but the graphics are GORGEOUS, and the paint mechanic looks cool for exploration at least.

-The new Kirby both excites and disappoints me, but those amiibo are must buys for me.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
They actually disabled the like bar.
Not sure if I should laugh or feel bad for Nintendo.
I feel bad for the game's director since he sounded pretty nervous during the presentation and it was apparently something he wanted to do for a while.

I hope the game manages to pull a Wind Waker, somehow....

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
SNES games are New 3DS exclusive, could the original not handle them or something?

The original handled Sonic games just fine.

Guess Genesis does what Nintendon't. :4sonic:
Genesis is massively easy to emulate, I mean so damn easy to emulate. A toaster can emulate the Genesis without flaw.

SNES have so many issues and it's just easier to go with the stronger system.

Trust me but considering SNES emulation on the PSP is gutter trash, it makes sense. Genesis Emluation is child's play compared to the SNES. Even GBA Emulation is easier but that is a 32-Bit handheld that Nintendo should have perfected YEARS AGO

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I feel bad for the game's director since he sounded pretty nervous during the presentation and it was apparently something he wanted to do for a while.

I hope the game manages to pull a Wind Waker, somehow....
The original Metroid Prime got salted on too and look how it went.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Genesis is massively easy to emulate, I mean so damn easy to emulate. A toaster can emulate the Genesis without flaw.

SNES have so many issues and it's just easier to go with the stronger system.

Trust me but considering SNES emulation on the PSP is gutter trash, it makes sense. Genesis Emluation is child's play compared to the SNES. Even GBA Emulation is easier but that is a 32-Bit handheld that Nintendo should have perfected YEARS AGO
Which make Sonic Genesis on the GBA all the more embarassing.

D

Deleted member

Because Nintendo decided to make the Pokemon VC games more expensive than how GB games usually are, I decoded to say **** it and emulate Red
Pokemon - Red Version (USA, Europe)_1457048999398.png

FE naming theme, Nuzlocke time
Just usual rules 'cause I'm not suicidal
Also
Pokemon - Red Version (USA, Europe)_1457049093495.png

Ha! Get it? Because he's an asshole and nobody loves him
And he's a furry in my headcanon

Anyways, which starter should I pick?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Not gonna lie, I may get a New 3DS to play the SNES games.
I've been needing to catch up on games I've missed over the years (and now having a Wii U), and since I've really wanted to play Link to the Past and Earthbound why not?

I am interested to see if they'll also bring over other games. Who knows, maybe N64 games will start popping up.

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
I can't wait for SNES Street Fighter Alpha 2 on 3DS

That's the definitive version of the game

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Oh, just noticed that Cards are literally Stickers. You use them for your attacks.

I'm not going to say anymore, they have learned nothing and they'll get nothing from me for it.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
Which make Sonic Genesis on the GBA all the more embarassing.
Even more embarrassing that Stealth (one of the people behind the recent Sonic remasters) actually ported Sonic 1 to the GBA and it's pretty much a 1 for 1 port.
Just goes to show how little Sega cared with that port.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Some quick thoughts...

Star Fox Zero is not delayed!!!!!Yay!

Medli Hype!!

Bravely Default looks like it might be worth looking into...might try the demos at least...also, I realised I've been mispronouncing 'Agnes Oblige' all this time...

Metroid Prime Federation Force is not dead...though unfortunately due to being at work I missed half the segment regarding it, so I'll have to rewatch it to get a proper opinion...but from what I saw it is gaining my interest at least...also Samus looked better than I thought she would so there's that...I think the game's gonna be better than expected but we'll see...

And a little pissed off by the SNES exclusivity to the New 3ds...Nintendo y u do this to me?

Also now we know Kirby's new final smash in the next Smash game :p

Last edited:

Coricus

Woom-em-my?
Switch FC
SW 4794 7152 2904
I have a question: Do you guys think video game quality has gone downhill in recent years, or have people's reactions to new video games just become more harsh?

If it's the former, what steps would the industry have to take in order to fix it, and what specific games would have to be released?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There was a problem fetching the tweet
META KNIGHT'S FINALLY COMING HOME! And a Meloetta thing too. Jesus christ this game makes my knees weak. Though I noticed something. Shibata said over 25 abilities and we have Doctor, UFO and Jet. KTD had 26 abilities including Hypernova. Something's getting cut sadly. Plz keep Beetle Kirby

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Already on Gamexplain's video:

View attachment 99147

I can only imagine what will happen once Nintendo uploads it.
I'm going to hit that dislike button so hard. I don't even care. Sticker Star was such an utter disappointment compared to TTYD I will fight tooth and nail to get Nintendo to see reason.

In related news, the Paper Mario reddit is a saltmine right now.

D

Deleted member

Wait a second.

What does this mean for SuperMetalDave64's supposed 3DS games "leak"?

I don't remember RH Megamix beign in that list.

Is codename Kirby Planet Robobot codename Caviar F or codename Cadillac?

Was the whole Pokémon Ninji thing a coincidence? or is this another Gematsu scenario?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom