• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Pokemon Z's chances of being shown may have just increased.
Not to be that guy but there's always pokken and pokemon super mystery dugeon.Just saying

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Well, I could care less for Minecraft nowadays, but it was pretty fun from when I used to play it. Nice way to pass the time. I guess we might now know of one of the big surprises in the direct.

As funny as it sounds....this actually means Steve could be requested for Smash since he's coming to the Wii U....Well, that won't be a long way until the next game due to it being too late, but that's going to be weird...
Being on a Nintendo console was never a requirement. It's a mistranslation and the community has taken it to mean it's a rule.

Besides that, it might be something like a courtesy to include a character who has the experience of being on a Nintendo platform.
Key words: "it might be something like a courtesy".

Carrying video game history, both companies wanting them, and giving Sakurai freedom are the only requirements for third party characters.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN
Back in my day... we didn't use guides. We used square controllers and made our maps ourselves. You younguns got it easy!
I never made maps. I just remembered where everything was.
#getOnMyLevelScrub
:psycho:

Poke Z would be the most hype for me.

It's due.
I understand people's hype for it, but Pokken is the closest thing to my dream pokemon game. It's almost perfect. If we ever get a pokemon that plays like how the anime works I'd need an intervention....

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
No matter how fast I am, someone will always catch an error lol.

I guess this is a question, could Minecraft amiibos happen? And would Microsoft get a share of it due to owning Mojang? If it does happen...

These guys would have a SLIGHTLY better chance. Now I think it wouldn't matter, due to Minecraft being on other systems, but whatever.
you know what... that's actually a good point. Because if this Minecraft thing is legit then that means Microsoft and Nintendo will officially be teamed up on something... which means it'd make way more sense for BanjoKazoople4Smash. Especially since Microsoft went on record saying they'd like Nintendo to use them in Smash. Guess we'll find out what all this means in... 19 hours.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
you know what... that's actually a good point. Because if this Minecraft thing is legit then that means Microsoft and Nintendo will officially be teamed up on something... which means it'd make way more sense for BanjoKazoople4Smash. Especially since Microsoft went on record saying they'd like Nintendo to use them in Smash. Guess we'll find out what all this means in... 19 hours.
Oh, it's legit, being on PEGI's website and etc. Can't get much more official then that.
(I say much more because...well, the announcement in the Nintendo Direct.)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Not to be that guy but there's always pokken and pokemon super mystery dugeon.Just saying
True, but Masuda has never tweeting about directs with info on them in the past, so why now, unless for something else? It could still be anything, but Z is decently likely.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Being on a Nintendo console was never a requirement. It's a mistranslation and the community has taken it to mean it's a rule.

Key words: "it might be something like a courtesy".

Carrying video game history, both companies wanting them, and giving Sakurai freedom are the only requirements for third party characters.
Ah yes, this was probably one of my favorites from you guys. I do stand as someone who thinks that having many Nintendo appearances isn't a big deal, and this backed that up. If I believed this truly, I wouldn't be requesting Snake as much as I would. :p

I think that having at least one appearance on a Nintendo console and popularity is what it would take, but it looks like Sakurai might not care as much on the first option. Probably why I like Sakurai and his choices.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
True, but Masuda has never tweeting about directs with info on them in the past, so why now, unless for something else? It could still be anything, but Z is decently likely.
The Pokémon Company has been trying to hype up Pokken lately though, that's one of the reasons why they revealed the Wii U release date at the Championships where they'd have the most attention of Pokémon fans. So it's definitely a possibility that Masuda sees the Direct as a good opportunity to hype up Pokken again, especially since its Spring release is on the horizon.

Oh no. People are getting semblances of hope.

It means everything is going to crash and burn. oh noooooooo

I now own fallout 4. But I have homework. Universe why

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Have a Blizzaria now. Glad she is an S Rank meaning she will be useful.

Also, doing Ms. Frost's sidequest.
I wonder if she is a Yo-kai. Her name is Ms. FROST like in Frostina. She wears a Kimono. And she has even mention Yo-kais before.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Sorry to break it to you..but I've joined the battle:
Nirbion made a template for SG capsules for whenever a new character is announced. There's also a banner style version too which we will use on Twitter!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sorry to break it to you..but I've joined the battle:
Nirbion made a template for SG capsules for whenever a new character is announced. There's also a banner style version too which we will use on Twitter!
10/10 would buy again!
The Pokémon Company has been trying to hype up Pokken lately though, that's one of the reasons why they revealed the Wii U release date at the Championships where they'd have the most attention of Pokémon fans. So it's definitely a possibility that Masuda sees the Direct as a good opportunity to hype up Pokken again, especially since its Spring release is on the horizon.
True, it is possible, but another thing is The pokemon Company doesn't get to involved in spinoffs, so I'm still 50/50 on this.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Browsing Miiverse is either fun or cringeworthy
It's fun when you find a "Your Smash Main _______, what's your reaction" post
But then it's cringeworthy when you remember you're trying to get good at Samus and it gets kooky
Also cringeworthy because lol miimeverse

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Thank God they're announcing Minecraft after the ballot ended.

I can only imagine the support for "Minecraft Steve" seeing as many other ridiculous characters had some followings.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
I can't be Classic 9.0 intensity

Master Core is too much for me

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You mean this?

It was my first Nintendo Power issue.
I'm really not sure, honestly.

All I remember is Mario 3 art, some level maps, and all the match game answers

1990, 1991 was a long time ago...

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I can't be Classic 9.0 intensity

Master Core is too much for me
I think you're capable of clearing it (I mean, if a scrub like me could, you should be able to too). It seems like it really just takes some practice is all.

I know the feeling though, Classic 9.0 seemed impossible to me for a while, especially in Smash Wii U.

Last edited:

OurBraveHero

Smash Lord
NNID
ourbravehero
Real talk though, if Nintendo and Microsoft are getting buddy-buddy for Minecraft... I can imagine that maybe... JUUUUUST maybe... BanjoKazoople 1 and 2 could show up on the Wii U Eshop at some point.

D

Deleted member

Real talk though, if Nintendo and Microsoft are getting buddy-buddy for Minecraft... I can imagine that maybe... JUUUUUST maybe... BanjoKazoople 1 and 2 could show up on the Wii U Eshop at some point.
If they do end up on the eShop, would they port the N64 versions as Virtual Console titles or the Xbox 360 remasters?

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
FINALLY BEAT MASTER CORE AT 9.0

With my man :4myfriends::4myfriends::ike::ike:
No wonder it was difficult...

I can only beat MC on 9.0 with agile characters.

I've used Marth, Falcon, Mario and Pikachu.

I haven't played Smash properly in months. Considering doing a reset and starting from scratch.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm able to beat master core with bowser and roy, but that's about it!

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Sorry, I don't see how Minecraft being on Wii U means there's a budding relationship between the two companies.

I can guarantee that it's purely business related because both parties will benefit, Microsoft more than Nintendo.

BK would not have even been mentioned during these discussions.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Question to pass the time.

If you could have ANY video game character confirmed tomorrow, who would it be?

Khoru

Smash Champion
so... i'm going to be honest here
i think that shantae's (the series) popularity is wildly overestimated by the smash fanbase
over the past few months i've been doing research on indies for my thing and i've very very rarely seen it mentioned among them
i doubt it's because of a factor like wayforward's size, because i also see things like ori, journey, and life is strange talked about, and they're kind of. uh. not indie.
Either Simon Belmont or Zael. If I can only pick one, then Simon.
read as zeal
like from chrono trigger

Last edited:

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

Bayonetta, Wonder Red, Zael, Aeron, or Lloyd Irving are my top 5 choices. All are unlikely.....

Shantae is in my top 10.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion

Simon Belmont. Not even a castlevania fan he's just a iconic nes/video game character who is long over due

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom