• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Swamp's Social Thread 3 - And now, the end is near, and so I face the final curtain...

Should we add a poll to the thread?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
So, if Sakurai doesn't retweet tonight or before the direct tomorrow, what are we to expect?
I'll still have hope for Smash news, people have always relied too much on patterns.

"Oh, Sakurai didn't retweet? Definitely means no Smash news then."

Plus.....it's Sakurai.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Pokemon Z's chances of being shown may have just increased.
I'm actually pretty excited about this direct now.

I was ready for disappointment but this is actually exciting. Sure I'm excited about a new Smash character. But unless it's Protoman, Ridley, Pichu, or Chibi-Robo... 3 of which have 0 chance... I don't really care.

Bananija

Count of Trickery
So, if Sakurai doesn't retweet tonight or before the direct tomorrow, what are we to expect?
Information from Nintendo after years month of waiting.

Seriously, I would be a bit worried for the Smash info in the direct, but the fact that we get a direct after so much time would make it up anyway.

Chrono.

We got more stuff a-coming.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Minecraft U practically confirmed.

tsvlink25

Smash Apprentice
NNID
tsvlink25
3DS FC
1719-3628-9238
Am...I the only one to feel that direct leak, while most likely fake, has some good points? I think its mention of amiibo in Star Fox sound interesting, as well as the Zelda and Mario line of amiibo.
...I feel like, while I call fake on it, there's some things that sound likely.

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
It's 11:13 here in Japan. The working day just started one hour ago.

(There's a Famitsu column on his daily schedule. It's not like I stalk him or anything.)

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Wait...

There's no way, this has to be fake one way or another. :laugh:
Like...it's too good to be true (IMO).

Edit: Ah....it's on PEGI's website.

Well then.

Last edited:

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Guys.
Official.
Nintendo.
Minecraft skins and texture packs.

I might actually have a reason to play the game again after so long if this is true. Rest in pieces Cube Life.

Last edited:

Luigi The President

Smash Hero
Hello everyone, I am Junichi Masuda.

To start off; This is not PokemoN Z. Wait for the NX.

Here is my announcement....

POKEMON A-B-C!

Starring your favorite Pokemon, as babies!

Capture them all and take care of them. Raise them. Give them a home!

*gameplay is shown, baby A
You joke but this would probably sell quite well.
I'd contribute to those sales, I would. Not even joking, I want baby Goomy!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Oh wow. Didn't expect that.

I'd have thought that Microsoft buying Mojang would have stopped it from appearing on newer non-Microsoft home consoles. Then again, I always thought Minecraft would fit well on the Wii U anyway, seeing as the game pad is practically made for stuff like that.

Kind of awkward since Nintendo has a Minecraft clone on the eShop though. :p

PushDustIn

Salt Lord
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
PushDustIn
3DS FC
3695-0954-3750
Hey, maybe they can use that Minecraft version of Link from Triforce Heroes in Minecraft.

It might make up for the fact that I can't unlock it because I need people physically next to me to unlock it...maybe...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I love how that fake leak says the Shulk amiibo is getting a massive restock...

...when the Shulk amiibo has been getting massive restocks this past month in Best Buy and Toys R Us, losing exclusivity in the process. Among other things that point to it being fake as hell.
And yet, I have never seen shulk's amiibo in stores. Good thing for amazon!
Honestly, I'd still say smash news is coming, It be a big mistake to not have smash news in the return of directs. As I said before I firmly believe the direct will go all out with content, and Masuda's tweet is giving me more hope as well.
I'm actually pretty excited about this direct now.

I was ready for disappointment but this is actually exciting. Sure I'm excited about a new Smash character. But unless it's Protoman, Ridley, Pichu, or Chibi-Robo... 3 of which have 0 chance... I don't really care.
Imagine if Masuda's tweet hinted at Pichu's return. The reactions would be insane, but he didn't do it for mewtwo so it probably won't happen.
Hello everyone, I am Junichi Masuda.

To start off; This is not PokemoN Z. Wait for the NX.

Here is my announcement....

POKEMON A-B-C!

Starring your favorite Pokemon, as babies!

Capture them all and take care of them. Raise them. Give them a home!

*gameplay is shown, baby A

I'd contribute to those sales, I would. Not even joking, I want baby Goomy!
Baby goomy would be even more adorable then it is now!

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
That's really cool. Took them long enough to do so lol. I really hope it has a Physical Release on Wii U similar to Terraria as well. That would be really awesome.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Minecraft coming to Wii U.

Windows Logo costume referenced in Mario Maker data.

Please, Lord Sakurai. I don't ask for much. Please...bring the Bear and Bird home...

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Minecraft on Wii U shouldn't be surprising to anyone (other than the fact many 3rd party companies have been ignoring the Wii U intentionally).

Minecraft is also available on the PlayStation family and last month "Minecraft: Story Mode" was announced for Wii U (though it has a "TBD" release date unlike every other platform).

Microsoft knows that keeping Minecraft only on Microsoft platforms would be an awful and insane idea.

But I don't care for Minecraft at all personally (mostly due to it's **** ugly graphics/artstyle)

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
so a i can totaly see banjo in smash now hell i can see microsoft releasing more games for the wiiu as a way of currying favor
as it were

Zynux

Smash Lord
Shovel Knight I can understand, but Inklings? Their odds weren't relying on the Rogerbase rumor...
Yeah, looking back I worded my post very poorly. I made it seem like Shovel Knight and Inkling will be dead for good and not the rumors associated with them.

I know that even with the rumors dead we can still see Shovel Knight and Inklings in the future and I think they are more likely then some think. But many theorize that even with the dates wrong the rumors have some truth still in them.

I think that if they don't appear now then we won't see them for a good while, not that their chances overall are dead for Smash, which I retract since that wasn't supposed to be the main point of my post.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
All this talk about Bird and Bear and I'm wondering about Combination Halting Killer Robot

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Please, Lord Sakurai. I don't ask for much. Please...bring the Bear and Bird home...
If banjo is revealed tomorrow then there would be much hype and crashboards everywhere. Although I'm calling crashboards for 2 hours tomorrow after the direct.

Dravidian

Smash Lord
NNID
NeoDeoN

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Well, I could care less for Minecraft nowadays, but it was pretty fun from when I used to play it. Nice way to pass the time. I guess we might now know of one of the big surprises in the direct.

As funny as it sounds....this actually means Steve could be requested for Smash since he's coming to the Wii U....Well, that won't be a long way until the next game due to it being too late, but that's going to be weird...

Last edited:

Chrono.

As funny as it sounds....this actually means Steve could be requested for Smash since he's coming to Smash....Well, that won't be a long way until the next game due to it being too late, but that's going to be weird...
Is he now? :p

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Minecraft on Wii U.

I am speechless.

This direct will be big.

D

Deleted member

And Minecraft is also coming to Windows 10.. oh wait..

I know who's getting confirmed..

#Windows4Smash :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just realized too...those old "Steve for Smash" requests aren't so :083: anymore...

Obviously it's kind of too late for Smash 4 since this happened after the ballot, but down the line, Steve could be a potential third party character on par with the ones we have in terms of iconicity and hype factor for the next Smash, whenever that is. Definitely interesting stuff.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Is he now? :p
No matter how fast I am, someone will always catch an error lol.

I guess this is a question, could Minecraft amiibos happen? And would Microsoft get a share of it due to owning Mojang? If it does happen...

These guys would have a SLIGHTLY better chance. Now I think it wouldn't matter, due to Minecraft being on other systems, but whatever.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Um, hello? Minecraft on other platforms isn't impossible and old news:
Minecraft on Wii U shouldn't be surprising to anyone (other than the fact many 3rd party companies have been ignoring the Wii U intentionally).

Minecraft is also available on the PlayStation family and last month "Minecraft: Story Mode" was announced for Wii U (though it has a "TBD" release date unlike every other platform).

Microsoft knows that keeping Minecraft only on Microsoft platforms would be an awful and insane idea.

But I don't care for Minecraft at all personally (mostly due to it's **** ugly graphics/artstyle)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom