• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Swamp's Hunger Games Mafia (Not based on the actual Hunger Games)! - END! TOWN VICTORY

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
The remaining players:
  • Opossum
  • Zebei
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • Praline
  • RamOne
  • Z25
  • Aurane
  • WhiteEaglePL
  • Shishoe
  • DarkAuraful
  • ShinyLegendary
  • ---
  • Apollo Justice
  • Pokechu
And then there were 5.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
**** who is mafia then? I’m going to try and talk with some of you through pms when I can tomorrow. We need to figure out the truth now. EDIT: Sorry shiny I’ve been thrown off of the trail of mafia

Last edited:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
**** who is mafia then? I’m going to try and talk with some of you through pms when I can tomorrow. We need to figure out the truth now.
Honestly in my head I feel like the only townie left. lol

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Noooooo Jack ;.;

And yh sorry! I changed my mind haha. Twice.

Mafia clearly knew shiny wasn't really a threat compared to other roles people could have.

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Alright boys and girls. I've been seeing a lot of coyness and second-guessing throughout this whole game about discussing roles and whatnot so it's time to put this to bed.

We said you couldn't quote your role PMs, but could otherwise say whatever you wished. It's been obvious from day 1 that clearer instructions needed to be given. Examples needed to be given. I'm sorry I didn't give them sooner.

So let's run through three hypothetical mafia player posts. We'll just call them Billy, Mary, and Steve, and I'll even give them little animal roles for flavor. Stay tuned to see who gets a cookie and who gets touched from 500 yards with the Finger of Mod.

Billy the Cat Doctor said:
meow meow hey guys boy I sure like our town ain't it great purr purr
Billy told the town exactly **** all about his role. Even if someone understands he's a cat, nobody has been told what a cat is.

But he hasn't broken any rules, so he gets a cookie.

Mary the Armadillo Roleblocker said:
hey guys I'm the roleblocker who do you all think I should roleblock tonight
Mary told the town her role and talked about mechanics associated with it. But she didn't quote us. She just said it. Does this make her a bit of a target? Sure, but it's fair game.

And of course, while Mary isn't in this case, there's always the possibility she could be loaded to the brim with bull****. Such are the mysterious ways of Mafia.

No rules broken. Mary gets a cookie.

Steve the Tree Stump said:
lol guys look at the sweet role I got this time, says I'm town right there at the top, mod tested mod approved right don't lynch me k?

Swampasaur said:

Character: Stumpy McStumperton
Alignment: Town

Hey, you're a talking tree stump! Awesome!
But apparently plant votes don't count. Laws and ****. So I guess you're useless. But talking, right?! Oh the wood puns you'll make.

+ You can talk! I bet all the other tree stumps are jealous.
- You can't vote and have no other powers! Wow, that actually sucks literally all the balls. I apologize for that exclamation mark.
+ Swamp and I aren't total ********, so nobody in the real game has this role! Yay!
Steve directly quoted his Role PM.

Without warning there was an earth-shattering kaboom as Steve spontaneously exploded, leaving nothing but a pair of scorched wooden shoes and scattered splinters in every direction. On further inspection it looked like he was hit with a cannonball. The only known cannon for a hundred miles is overlooking the town from high on Boot Hill, right outside the Mod's Office.

Steve got touched with the Finger of Mod.

Cheeky player said:
You said it'd be animal themed, why was Steve a tree stu-
I am literally spooning this cannon right now boy don't test me.

So don't use the quote function, or format it in such a way as to look like the Role PM (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, except here, where we kill you for it).

But as you can see, beyond that there's really an exorbitant amount of leeway here. Anything goes.

Now is it true that anything you say can and will make you a target to someone? Oh yes, absolutely. If you think your role and powers are on a need-to-know basis, you can keep it hush hush. It's a balancing act.

I'm not really here to talk tactics with you or comment on whether Billy or Mary had the right idea in their posts. I'm just here to say that as long as you don't pull a Steve, you can say whatever you want.

Incredulous player said:
Really? Whatever I wa-
Whatever you want goddammit yes.

Go and do likewise, survivors. May fortune favor you.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I forgot to mentioned I proved my role on day one. I thought you would all remember but you did not, so that is my fault.
Either way, I am having fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And so the town woke up expecting to find yet another dead body.

But....

There was none.

Everyone from yesterday was still here.

Odd.

It is now Day 5. It will end at 7:00 PM PST at 1/16/18.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Finale:

• Opossum
  • Zebei
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • Praline
  • RamOne
  • Z25
  • Aurane
  • WhiteEaglePL
  • Shishoe
  • DarkAuraful
  • ShinyLegendary
  • ---
  • Apollo Justice
  • Pokechu

Last edited:

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh goody. I get the morning off.

Call me when you're done lynching.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Well this is better than I thought it would be. The image I had for finishing this doesn’t work now that the mafia couldn’t kill anyone off...

But hey... atleast we win with 4 people.

Wolfie557 Wolfie557 is the last mafia person. I kept him from killing anyone.

Vote: WhiteEaglePL

EDIT: If I knew I’d have blocked his kill outright I would have been a lot more cocky. lol

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
We did it! There's no need to prolong this matter any further, so let's get the voting done shall we?

Vote: Wolfie557 Wolfie557

I'm really happy no one got killed tonight. We'll be able to see this games ending!

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Wolfie557 Wolfie557
"I have to admit you've done a very commendable job in making it this far. However, with time to think I have determined that you are in fact, the final mafia.

On the previous day, praline praline demanded answers to why each of us aren't part of the Mafia. Me and Z25 answered, but you didn't. Apollo didn't answer either but he was more concerned about Shiny ignoring his questions that time. This is no different.

Apollo and Praline have even more clues regarding you that also reached a similar deduction, White.

It's over dawg."

Edit:
My Vote: WhiteEaglePL

I cannot believe I forgot to include my vote >_>

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Wolfie557 Wolfie557
I have to admit you've done a very commendable job in making it this far. However, with time to think I have determined that you are in fact, the final mafia.

On the previous day, praline praline demanded answers to why each of us aren't part of the Mafia. Me and Z25 answered, but you didn't. Apollo didn't answer either but he was more concerned about Shiny ignoring his questions that time. This is no different.

Apollo and Praline have even more clues regarding you that also reached a similar deduction, White.

It's over dawg.
I had a similar concern and some others which ended with my answer. You should go back

Vote: DarkAuraful like a few days earlier

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Hum, it seems like Z25 Z25 is missing in action. He didn't read the last PMs I sent him, I hope he's okay and that he comes before the day ends. It doesn't really matter at this point, but I'd love to see everyone on here before this ends.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Hum, it seems like Z25 Z25 is missing in action. He didn't read the last PMs I sent him, I hope he's okay and that he comes before the day ends. It doesn't really matter at this point, but I'd love to see everyone on here before this ends.
If I remember correctly he had to go to the hospital yesterday.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
I really hope he's fine. This victory is also for him.

It's only six hours left until the day is over. What a wild ride. Don't think this thread will receive much more activity, except for the radio message that will come eventually.

Posting this now because it's almost sleep time for me, so this is the closest to the end of the day that I can post.

Can you guys feel it?

Victory is near. Glad to have taken part in this.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
We have an announcement.

"We ****ing did it. The ****ing mafia scum will be erradicated tonight, and a new era will rise in this ****ing town. It wasn't easy, we were deceived, but we got this **** done.

This victory isn't just for us. All those who were ****ing killed, and those innocent townies who got lynched, we carried on your wish. Today we finally stand up as winners, we stand up as a free *** town.

No matter what the future awaits, we'll celebrate this victory. We take back what is ours, this damn town belong to us!

WE ****ING WON! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WORK, WE COULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS **** ALONE!"

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
By the way, that isn't the hosts official statement. Game is still going.

That's just a special announcement from somewhere.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Might as well post the victory gif.

It’s me, Apollo Justice and DarkAuraful defeating WhiteEaglePL.

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
We have an announcement.

"We ****ing did it. The ****ing mafia scum will be erradicated tonight, and a new era will rise in this ****ing town. It wasn't easy, we were deceived, but we got this **** done.

This victory isn't just for us. All those who were ****ing killed, and those innocent townies who got lynched, we carried on your wish. Today we finally stand up as winners, we stand up as a free *** town.

No matter what the future awaits, we'll celebrate this victory. We take back what is ours, this damn town belong to us!

WE ****ING WON! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR WORK, WE COULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS **** ALONE!"
oh wow, the dead townies just stay dead? no pixie dust magic can bring us back??? :joyful:

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
This ain’t Dragon Ball Z.
you're right, it's not Dragon Ball Z; it's Pixie Hollow and I'm the reviver, so I claim that EVERYONE should be revived!

(thus began mafia game #2...)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I really hope he's fine. This victory is also for him.

It's only six hours left until the day is over. What a wild ride. Don't think this thread will receive much more activity, except for the radio message that will come eventually.

Posting this now because it's almost sleep time for me, so this is the closest to the end of the day that I can post.

Can you guys feel it?

Victory is near. Glad to have taken part in this.
Thank you for the well wishes!

I had to go to two hospitals, but I'm doing fine today and hope it stays that well. Looks like we did it.

I also

Vote Wolfie557 Wolfie557

I realized that his sharp turns and offensive to me voting for him were suspicious. On top of that I pm'd them the other day with no response.

It's time we save the town!

Last edited:

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
What I liked your last post after replying to earlier ones stahp lying Z:p

Anyways well played everyone!! You deserve it I just got lucky to even be the last mafia standing.

Can we end early like I wanna know the damn roles XD

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What I liked your last post after replying to earlier ones stahp lying Z:p

Anyways well played everyone!! You deserve it I just got lucky to even be the last mafia standing.

Can we end early like I wanna know the damn roles XD
Ooh I forgot didn't realize. I've been through a long two days.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Mafia will update at the scheduled time.

Mostly cause I gotta get home.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
I had some thoughts on tonight's final execution.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hold on.

Got a small delay.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

*play the music for dramatic effect*

"Give it up WhiteEagle! You're the only one it could be!" said a disgruntled townie.

"I don't know what you're talking about," replied WhiteEagle...

"Oh stop trying to lie," said DarkAuraful DarkAuraful

Character: Mia Fey

Hey wait a minute. Mia, you're supposed to be dead. Ah well guess that doesn't matter here in this mafia. Still you can help the town with all your spirit abilities and extensive law and investigation skills.

+Once a night, you will be able to investigate a player's alignment. They will come up as either clean or suspicious.
+ If you were somehow able to check yourself, you'd come up as clean.
+ Due to the fact that you are only mostly dead, if a townie tries to kill you, you will be immune to their kill.

-Everyone in the thread will be notified that someone tried to kill you in the morning though.
-Any non townie kills and lynchings will still kill you as normally though.
-Alignment checks are only mostly accurate. There are some rare instances that you will be misled.

"I'm the cop. I checked Praline, Z25 and you. One of you came up suspicious. Guess which one it was."

"I... uh..."

"Besides, there was no kill today. I think its because I roleblocked the last mafia member." praline praline stated

Character: Slippy Toad

Aww Slip. Can't you do anything right? Slippy Toad came to visit the town, but now all these scary mafia guys are trying to take over. You can't let that happen! You're a member of Star Fox! You'll save the day! I mea- WHOA!

+Slippy... messes things up. A lot. Still, he can also mess other people up. Once a night, he can prevent one person from using their power.
+You will come up as clean during alignment checks

"Guess who I roleblocked."

"Oh please, that doesn't prove anything. What about Z25? He wa-"

"Don't try to pin the blame on me again. I may have been absent but only because I knew I was safe," said Z25 Z25

Character: Sam the Eagle

You are Sam the Eagle. You're hear to snuff out those darn mafia members. They're ruining the pride of our once great town! It's Un-American! This has to be stopped at once. It's a good thing the town has a strong American champion such as yourself to help them.

+You're a patriotic soul. You are filled with the spirit of AMERICA! This gives you extra American power! You can survive two killing attempts. You're not an endangered species. You are a patriot!
+You will come up clean during alignment checks.

-You will still be killed with one lynch though.
"You couldn't hurt me if you wanted to."

"But what about Apollo?!? He wasn't checked at all! He-"

"I'VE BEEN BLOODY PROVING MY ****ING ROLE SINCE DAY TWO YOU ****!!!" screamed Jojalole Jojalole

Character: Gordon Ramsay

Bloody ****ing hell! It's the world famous chef Gordon Ramsay! **** a brick! You came to this town to help one of the local restaurants but the mafia business made you overcook your lamb. THATS WORSE THAN MAKING IT RAW! They will pay.

+Once per day or night, you will be able to make a large announcement through the hosts. This can be anything you have learned during the night.
+You will come up as clean during alignment checks.

-A proper meal takes time to cook. You will not be able to use your announcement ability on Day 1.
-Each announcement will be filled with swears. If you do not provide enough swears, the hosts will add them for you.
"You'd be better off thinking up a new excuse then trying to use that raw lie."

"That was terrible AJ."

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I ****ING GIVE A ****TING DAMN?!?"

WhiteEagle was then surrounded by the angry mob as they threw him to the executioner.

redfeatherraven redfeatherraven took Wolfie557 Wolfie557 and made it quick.

*CHOP*

Character: Betty White
Alignment: Mafia

Woah there, its acting star, Betty White! What a sight to see. That said... Hollywood has a bad habit of corrupting people.... Seems Betty White has gone over to the dark side.

+Once during the game, you will be able to add one kill to the mafia's usual two per night. Meaning the mafia can kill twice. Wow. Must have paid some assassin the big bucks.
-You come up as suspicious on alignment checks.
-I miss Golden Girls.

The last mafia member had been killed.

"WE ****ING KILLED BETTY WHITE! **** A BRICK!"

"That's enough AJ."

All threats to the town have been eliminated.

TOWN VICTORY

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
This whole game I’m like “I’m dying tonight!” And yet I... Slippy outlasted.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
"Yay we win"
*almost the entire population has been wiped out*
"oh"
:061:
Right?

We still take those.

Anyway, guess now that this game's over I can ditch the formal attire. Let's not worry how I got out of a three piece suit so quickly.

One final order of business though.

@GoldenYuiitusin

ENTEI, DIN-DIN.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Sorry for the delay guys.

Had some personal stuff and had to rush things.

Back in mafia's heyday, all the posts were like that.

Hopefully, once we get back into the swing of things, stuff like that will be more common.

I hope you had a fun time playing the first mafia game we've had in a long time.

Peace!

Top Bottom